11 The Walk

Werewolves and Vampires

A/N: Annyeong subbies! Sorry it took quite a long time for me to update this since I was too busy with school projects these past few months. Anyway, here's the next chap! Hope you enjoy the story so far. Don't forget to leave a comment and upvote, it'll mean lots!^^ 

As the sun rose and the sky brightened, you decided to goout hunting. You wanted to go out alone but Luhan insisted on coming along so you finally gave into him and agreed. 

 

When the two of you reached the foot of the mountain, Luhan transformed to his human form, surprising you. 

 

"I thought you liked being in your wolf form?" You asked, examining him. 

 

"Sometimes I just wanna try to be like human again. Feels," Luhan paused for a slight moment. He seemed to be thinking of the right words to say. 

 

"Like I'm actually part of the human world. That I don't have to hide what I truly am, that I'm normal," he finally replied, lowering his head and pushing his hands into the pockets of his black coat while kicking the snow off the ground with his feet.

 

You sighed and forced yourself a smile of encouragement. 

 

"We just have to accept the fact that we are what we are and we can't change that."

 

You turned to Luhan and noticed that he was still limping. "I would've left you home if I knew you couldn't walk properly," you muttered. 

 

Luhan chuckled. "Don't worry about the leg. I'm used to it."

 

"Used to it?"

 

"Yeah, I've gone through broken legs, scratches, cuts, bruises, anything else you can think of. One time I was cut by a knife, the wound actually made its way down to the bone," Luhan explained, holding the top part of his right arm. "In this very spot of my arm."

 

You gulped. "Did it hurt?" You couldn't imagine how it would be to feel actual pain. The fact that Vampires don't really feel any sort of pain. 

 

Luhan nodded in reply. "Every last bit of it. But," Luhan paused and adjusted his coat. "That was taken care off the next day."

 

You lifted your eyebrow in confusion. "So fast?"

 

"My pack kind of has a...healer."

 

Your eyes widened. "Ability?"

 

Luhan nodded. 

 

"No wonder you've got no scars on 

you," you said, your eyes trailing down his body. 

 

"He takes them away with the wound," Luhan added. 

 

"Fascinating," you replied. "Speaking of abilities, do you have one?" 

 

"I can move objects with my mind," Luhan explained. "Telekinesis, in other words."

 

Once again your eyes widened at his words. What's a mind reader compared to a telekinetic? 

 

"How 'bout you?" Luhan asked, turning to you. 

 

"I can read minds," you said. "I'm still working on controlling it."

 

Luhan smiled and nodded. "Now that's incredible."

 

"Incredible? I don't think so," you admitted.

 

"What are you talking about? You can read minds of anyone and anything. There's no secret you wouldn't know," Luhan said, which made you smirk. "Which reminds me, if you can read minds, why didn't you just read mine the other night? Instead of pinning me to a wall?" Luhan asked, chuckling softly towards the end of his sentence.

 

"They'd be side effects. If I use my ability often."

"What kind of side effects?"

"I don't know. Um...energy deterioration, exhaustion, blood-cravings. I just need to master it."

"After a century old?"

 

You chuckled. "Yeah." 

 

Luhan smiled and looked away.

 

You both remained silent as you continued through the forest. And you wondered to yourself, how were you going to kill this boy, scratch that - werewolf. 

 

You couldn't possibly make up your mind. To kill or to spare. Either way, it'll be risky. TOO risky.

 

Suddenly, something brilliant entered your mind. If you could gain his trust, discover his weaknesses, it would be easier to take him down.  

 

You didn't absolutely like the idea but what other choice did you have? You couldn't risk yourself getting kicked out of your own pack because of your failure to kill one, just one werewolf. The others in your pack had always considered you as the weakest one of them all considering the fact that you can't even hurt a human. What more a werewolf? 

 

Somehow, as you and Luhan walked side to side along the quiet woods, you felt something following you. Some sort of invisible presence. And you knew one of SNSD was following you. Silently, stealthily, hidden. And you knew her purpose was to watch. 

 

This was the chance to prove yourself. You wouldn't going let them down. 

 

Not now. When times were desperate. But time was what you need. A lot of time. 

 

***

 

As the sunset, 7 wolves ran through the darkening forest at top speed, stopping only until a certain one of them started to complain.

 

"How the hell are we gonna find that guy?" Chen growled. His huge wolf paws stumping the ground hard as he stopped.

 

"Patience, Chen. We're gonna find him," D.O said, although he wasn't quite really sure.

 

"Kyungsoo's right. We just have to keep looking," Suho said.

 

"Suho, we've been searching for hours. I'm exhausted," Tao complained. He'd been complaining for hours ever since they left the cave and the members of the pack were starting to get fed up with the younger's annoyance. 

 

"We should've left him back in the cave," Sehun muttered to himself as he climbed a giant boulder to see better. His dark brown fur blown in the thin cold wind that passed the forest. While the other wolves were busy dealing with Tao's complaint, Sehun let out a long distant howl loud enough to last miles, alarming the others. 

 

"Sehun! What are you doing?" Tao said in disbelief.  

 

"Trying to find Luhan," Sehun replied simply and climbed back down the boulder to join the others. "I think we should split up," he suggested. 

 

Suho transformed into his human form and shook his head in total disagreement. He crossed his arms and said, "No, no, no. Last time we did that, Baekhyun got bitten and Luhan went missing. I can't risk that happening again." 

 

"Then why can Kai and Kris go?" D.O asked, wanting to receive a proper response from the alpha. 

 

"Obviously because Kris can travel faster than any of us and Kai's got the best nose in the pack," Suho replied evenly. 

 

"Suho, we can take care of ourselves. We've got water-earth-wind-lightning manipulators and a time controller. If we split up, we'll be able to find Luhan sooner, who knows if he's needing our help this very second?" Sehun said. 

 

"He's right, Ho. If we wanna find Luhan faster, we've got to split up," said Chen. 

 

"But-"

 

"Suho hyung, I'm mature enough," Tao said and widened his wolf eyes to reveal his cuteness. 

 

Every pair of eyes turned to Suho as they waited for his decision. 

 

Suho sighed and a smile crept up on his face. Finally, he said, "What are we waiting for? Let's go find our lost sheep!"

 

***

 

Back at the underground cave, three other werewolves were trying their best to keep their friend alive. But no matter how hard they tried, they knew it was getting no better. 

 

"What are we gonna do?" Xiumin said softly as he placed a wet towel on Baekhyun's forehead.

 

Chanyeol lowered his head and squeezed Baekhyun's hand tightly. "I don't know. If Lay can't heal him then nothing can."

 

"I'm sorry, guys," Lay said, lowering his head. "I've grown weaker."

 

"Its not your fault, Lay," Xiumin said, patting the boy on the back. 

 

Baekhyun's pale face turning even paler. He looked like he was a corpse, or maybe a zombie. which was beginning to worry the group. 

 

Baekhyun had fell unconscious for the past few hours but whatever happened, the group kept trying to keep him alive. 

 

"His heart rate's slowing down," Chanyeol reported when he felt Baekhyun's weak pulse. 

 

"Its already been a miracle that Baekhyun survived this long. No one can last vampire venom for this couple of hours," Xiumin said. 

 

"Let's just hope the others find Luhan fast. He might know what to do. He always knows what to do," Chanyeol said. 

 

"Well, let's just hope he's still alive."