10 Luhan

Werewolves and Vampires

"A couple days ago, my pack got ambushed by a bunch of vampires. We were taken by surprise and we weren't prepared to attack or anything so we could only run. Eventually we had to split up in pairs, until I somehow got separated from my partner. I was in pretty bad shape back then. The sun began to set and it was getting dark. And cold. And that was when I saw you," Luhan explained. The boy lowered his head as he spoke, trying as much as possible to not make any sort of eye contact with you. He squeezed the half-empty glass of water in his hands as if his life depended on it.

 

"Wait, does that mean you," you paused when you saw Luhan's void expression. 

 

"Yeah. I pulled you out of that water," he finally admitted. 

 

"What?" You leaned back against the couch and crossed your arms around your chest in disbelief. You turned to him and demanded for an answer. "Why?" Wasn't it odd that a wolf like him, over all the people in the world, would rescue you, a mortal enemy of his own kind. It was absolutely confusing. 

 

"Because I needed your help," Luhan replied and set the now empty glass on the coffee table in front of him, later staring into blank space, still refusing to meet your gaze as if it would kill him to even cast a glance at you.

 

"Why would you even want my help? I'm a vampire, a sworn enemy of your kind." Everything didn't make sense. And you wanted to know exactly why. You didn't even know him. Should you trust him? 

 

"Like you said before, you're... Different. I can see it in you," Luhan replied simply. He seemed to relax, not minding the tension that had just invaded the room. 

 

"I'm sorry, but I can't help you anymore. Even if I wanted to," you said. You stood up and faced him. That was when he finally raised his head and caught your eyes. Something in his eyes told you there was something about this boy that was...different...too.

 

"Why?" As if he didn't know.

"I haven't had blood for a long time and I just can't stand to be around you. It drives me insane."

"That why you abandoned me in the middle of the woods last night?"

 

You lowered your head. "Yes."

 

Luhan smirked. He nodded and didn't seem to take it seriously. He understood why. And he knew just how to win your heart. He leaned in forward to you and held your wrist, pulling you back down. You obediently sat back down and stared at him with wide, confused eyes. Luhan smiled and turned away. He lowered his head. "Bite me." He said it with such confidence you thought it was a joke. But the look on his face told you he wasn't anywhere near making one.

 

"Luhan, w-what are you-"

 

"Doing you a favour," he interrupted before you could finish your sentence. He scooted closer and bent his head to the side, exposing his neck. "Consider this a way to make up for the way I treated you earlier. You know, the drama I caused," he said slowly.

 

You gave him a look of disbelief. "Luhan, no," you said and shook your head. 

 

"Please," Luhan's voice sounded softer, and weaker this time, as if he'd already lost enough of his own blood and energy. 

 

You looked up to Luhan and sighed deeply. "It'll hurt."

'I know."

"And I might not be able to stop."

"I know."

You took a deep breath. "You sure?"

"Absolutely. Go ahead. I'm already waiting."

Squeezing your eyes shut, you bent down and sank your fangs deep into his skin. He winced in pain but later began to relax. You knew he was becoming weaker and weaker, his face getting paler than before. You finally felt rejuvenated. Energised. Awaken. For the first time in days. His blood was sweet and addictive. Unlike any that you've ever tasted before. When you finally felt like you had taken enough, you finally let go. Luhan slowly blinked and turned to you. 

 

"Feel better now?" Luhan asked, watching you closely. 

 

You nodded. "I can't believe you would actually do that," you said and smiled. "Thank you."

 

Luhan smiled back in response. "No problem."

 

"Does it still hurt?"

"I've been through worse."

 

Luhan got up and rubbed his neck gently. "I guess...I better get going."

"You're leaving?" You asked in surprise. He sighed.

 

"Didn't want to trouble you," Luhan answered.

 

"Luhan, you're injured. You have a broken leg and you just had two fangs penetrate your neck. I think I might consider," you said. "After all, you did spare me a little of your blood."

 

Luhan smiled. "If you're really comfortable with it."

 

You nodded. "Of course. Just until you're fully healed."

 

"Sure," Luhan said and sat back down. He took hold of your hand and squeezed it gently. "Thanks."

 

You smiled. "You still haven't told me how you knew my name."

 

"I did a quick research around the house before you came," Luhan replied.

 

You laughed. "You know, I like you better when you were a wolf."

 

Luhan smiled. "Well said." Immediately Luhan transformed into his wolf form. 

 

Luhan's wolf walked over to where you were sitting and gently your hand before lying down in front of the fireplace where it had always laid. You smiled and went over to where it laid, patting it on the head. You sat down beside it and laid down on its soft white fur, whispering in its ears: "Goodnight."