17 The Call For Help

Werewolves and Vampires

An hour passed. Two. Three. Four. Five and it was noontime. You continued your journey out of the forest, stopping every once in awhile to recall the incident that had happened.  

 

After Tiffany left, the voices came. Those words you didn't wish to hear again that kept saying the same thing over and over again until hell, you got fed up with it. But there was nothing you could do to chase them away. 

 

"You're the last ones left.

 

Last ones? What last ones? It didn't seem to make any sense to you. Maybe you were just imagining it, but that wasn't the first time you've heard it. Actually the second. Only this time no strange, creepy images proceeded. You were still dazed by it. You felt a weird feeling about it but you didn't know how to handle it. 

 

"This is stupid" you muttered under your breath and dragged yourself through some bushes along the path, pushing through snow and breaking branches. 

 

You tried to recall the encounter with Tiffany. She looked so sad, so...heartbroken. And you felt the same. Guilt. Disappointment. And all the unpleasant feelings mixed up together to form the worst one. Pain. You shook those thoughts away from your head and kept going. 

 

Where am I even going? You thought to yourself. What am I doing?

 

"Haneul!" Came the voice in your head. But this time, you knew it wasn't the same voice in the vision. This was real. 

 

You froze in your place. The scent was familiar. And you knew exactly who it belonged to. Before you could even move an inch, someone had collided into you in an uncontrollable speed, knocking the two of you to the ground. And hard. You heard a loud "plonk!" And you found your head resting on the edge of a sharp rock on the ground. You quickly moved your hands to the back of your head to inspect. No blood. You sighed in relief and pushed the boy off your body. He cooperated without a word until...

 

"You have to help us," was the first words that came out of Luhan's mouth after you were both standing on your feet. You gave him a confused glance. 

 

"What?"

 

"You have to help us," Luhan repeated. He began to have problems breathing as he was panting so hard he thought he was going to faint. It was the first time in his life he ran 180 kilometres per hour. 

 

"What is going on?" You asked as he averted his eyes to your bag lying on the ground. He lifted his eyebrow. 

 

"Where are you going?" He sounded like a mother who had caught her daughter trying to escape the house in the middle of the night. 

 

"Nowhere," you replied, kicking the bag away with your foot. "What did you need help for?"

 

Luhan snapped out of it and you felt a hand grabbing your arm. "There's an... attack," his voice sounded so...afraid. Weak? Helpless?

 

"An attack? Where? Who? Why?" Questions flooded your mind like endless rain. 

 

Luhan faced down to the ground and and said one word that would possibly give you a heart attack. If you were human that is. "SNSD."

 

Your eyes grew the size of dinner plates and Luhan tilted his head to side as if he didn't understand you. "They launched an attack on us a few minutes ago. I went looking for you as fast as I could," he said, not looking at you. "The attack was so sudden, we never saw it coming. Lay got injured, he can't heal anyone until he fully heals himself. Kris is trapped in the cave, and don't even ask me about Chen."

 

You grabbed his arm without you even realising it. You didn't know why you would even bother to take pity but you couldn't control the words that had already escaped your lips. "Take me there."