16 Broken Friendship

Werewolves and Vampires

Guilt. Regret. Sadness. You didn't know how you felt. Your unstable emotions kindled a fire in the bottom of your heart where a hole had just opened. The moment you stepped into your home, it had been just the way it was when you had left it. All except one thing. It was empty in front of the fireplace where you had once seen a creature you had began to call your friend. Only an empty carpet sat in its place.

 

No wolf, no boy, no Luhan. 

 

It had only been like days ago since you first met with Luhan's wolf. You had loved being alone, independent,having a simple life all by yourself. But you couldn't find a single reason why your feelings have changed. What had Luhan done to make you feel this way?

 

Did you miss him? Why would I even miss him. He's just a normal somebody. He doesn't mean anything to me.

And did you want him back? I don't need him. He won't have anything to do with me anyway.

Oh really?

 

Instead of mulling more in your head over what you had lost, you hurried upstairs to your bedroom and for the first time in 20 years, you threw yourself on your bed and felt its comfortness. And it felt so good. You had almost forgotten the feeling of your own bed. Soft. Comfy. Relaxing. You spent hours laying on your bed until it was nearly noontime, but didn't sleep. Basically you just stared at the empty ceiling, not thinking or doing anything at all. You thought about how it must feel to actually sleep like normal people. It MIGHT feel nice. You didn't know. You couldn't remember. Beginning to grow uneasy, you sat up and coughed. You cleared your throat and walked out of your room and to the end of the hall where your bathroom was. 

 

You stripped yourself off your clothes and stepped into the shower. The water felt so sensational, so refreshing. You stayed there just as long as you did on your bed, enjoying the way the water crawled along your body. You stepped out of the shower and wiped yourself dry with a towel. You changed into a red dress with black patterns of flowers crawling on it. You tied your hair into a ponytail and took one last look at yourself in front of your mirror. You looked tall, with a normally pale face that could actually pass for a normal 15 year old. You then hurried to your attic and after 10 minutes, dragged a suitcase down with you. You headed for your closet and took out almost everything you needed. You knew what you were doing. You had to get out of there first chance you get. 

 

Where should I go? You thought as you zipped your suitcase and hurried downstairs. 

 

China? The US? UK? Japan perhaps. Or maybe North Korea. Anywhere would do, as long as it wasn't here.

 

You made sure everything was in perfect condition before grabbing your long black coat and opened the front door. You dragged your suitcase out and shut the door. You sighed. No turning back.

 

You began walking. Further and further away until the cottage was no where seen in plain sight. After what felt like hours, you decided to take a little rest and slumped down against the trunk of a tree. You wiped off the tiny beads of sweat with your sleeve and leaned back, closing your eyes. It was then that you realised, maybe it wasn't really such the best thing to do. 

 

"Where're you going, betrayer?" 

 

You lifted your head and opened your eyes. You weren't entirely surprised but it was the last face you expected to see that day. 

 

"Tiffany, I-" before you could even get a chance to finish your sentence, she silenced you with a menacing glare. If looks could kill you'd be dead already. Her red eyes shone as red as ever and you had never seen that look on her face. That look of hurt, betrayal and anger.

 

"Haneul, I thought you were my friend," she started. You didn't expect it, but you saw tears accumulating in her eyes. That look of sadness. Tiffany quickly wiped them off and turned away, as if she didn't want you to see her like this. 

 

"I...can explain," you began but she cut you off for the second time. 

 

"You don't have to. I've seen it all. And the pack knows everything too. There's nothing left to hide, Haneul." 

 

"I'm sorry. I just couldn't do it," you replied, lowering your head. That was it. You've finally said it. This time out loud. Crystal clear for her to hear. Tiffany turned back to you, her tears surprisingly dry all of the sudden. Then, she burst out crying again. 

 

"I'm s-so s-sorry, H-Haneul," She grabbed your hands and next thing you knew, she was kneeling on the ground, crying her eyes onto your hand like someone begging for mercy. "I h-have no ch-choice. I h-have to o-obey t-t-the pack," she sobbed through tears. You quickly pulled her up and without realising, wrapped your arms around her in a hug trying to comfort her. You didn't know what she was doing, or what you were doing. 

 

You and Tiffany had been friends for as long as you could remember. You met her in the forest, when the sun had just gone away in the evening. She'd lost her parents in a fire that day and you were the only one there to comfort her. You brought her back to your home where you got her fixed up. She lived with you for awhile, until the day SNSD came into your life and you were made an official member of their pack along with Tiffany. She was the first friend you had made in that forest, and you were her first. All of a sudden, you felt bad and uneasy. What have I done?

 

"I know, I know," you said as you patted her back. She immediately stopped crying and pulled away from you, rubbing her eyes. 

 

"I...I have to go," she stuttered and scrambled up to her feet. "I'm sorry," she said before disappearing into the bushes as fast as she came, leaving you speechless. 

 

You felt so helpless. Hopeless. You threw your head back against the hard surface of the trunk and closed your eyes. You felt your own tears begin to fall. Whatever friend you once had in Tiffany was no more. The bond of friendship between the two of you seemed too broken for anything to fix it. She chose her side, and I chose mine, you tried convincing yourself. Suddenly, you heard a sudden rustling sound. Alert, you turned around to scan the area but nothing abnormal was in sight. 

 

Then, it returned. The voice. The nightmare. 

 

"Haneul, you're the last ones left. And the last ones anybody will ever see again."

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N: Updated! Thanks to the subbies and readers for supporting this story^^ I love reading your comments about this story and I think this story will actually turn out good. I've got it all planned in my head^^