05 Home

Werewolves and Vampires

We're close. Almost there," you whispered. Your voice soft and thin. The wolf growled softly and continued going on, with you still sitting on its back. It doesn't seem tired. The few miles you journeyed, he didn't even stop for even a second to rest. Which made you feel kind of weird about this animal. Especially after it carried you up a hill. A very TALL hill.

"We're here!" You said after a few more minutes. The wolf lowered its body and I You got off its back. You patted its head. "Here we are! Welcome home. It isn't much but, its home," you smiled and walked towards my doorstep, motioning for the wolf to come closer. The wolf lowered its head as it approached the house, probably a little shy or something. You pushed the heavy wooden door open and invited the wolf in. "Come on, don't be scared," You said. The creature put one of its paws into the wooden flooring. Then, another paw. "That's it. Now come in."

The wolf entered the house and you led it into your living room. The house wasn't that big. There was an upstairs which led to the bedroom. You wouldn't call it bedroom since you never ever slept ever since you were turned to a vampire. So you called it your study. There was a kitchen at the back of the house which you rarely used. You only used the fridge for keeping left over meat with no blood it them. It doesn't help to quench blood thirst but you kept it for baits. That way it would be easier to trap animals. Then there was the living room with windows at high at the ceiling, overlooking the forest down below. There was a balcony, where you often stood admiring the beautiful forest scenery down below.

"Like it?" You asked when you saw the envying eyes of the wolf. The wolf growled in response. You walked over to the fireplace in the living room and lighted it. You watched as the wolf laid itself down on the soft carpet in front of the fire and put its head down. But its eyes kept watching you where ever you went. It was like... It was spying on you or something. After making sure that it was comfortably resting, you walked over to the kitchen and opened your freezer. You let out a loud sigh.

Oh well. Guess I'll need to sacrifice some deer meat for this creature. Wouldn't want it to starve to death. You got the meat out of the freezer and placed it on a ceramic plate before bringing it into the living room. You placed the plate in front of the wolf (who was still having its eyes concentrated on you) and said, "Here. You must be hungry. Thought you might need it since you've used up most of your energy on carrying me up the hill earlier," you said and smiled. The creature lifted its head and smelled the meat before its eyes turned back at you.

After awhile, its eyes were starting to freak you out. You were beginning to fear that this wolf would start suspecting you and... You didn't want to think too much. The wolf started biting the meat and chewing it in its mouth before taking another bite. 5 minutes later, it was done. You patted its head and picked up the plate. The wolf titled its head to the right and whined softly. Probably wanting to say : thank you.

You smiled shyly and brought the plate to the kitchen, washing it. After getting everything cleaned up, you noticed that the wolf had laid it's head back down on the carpet and had fallen asleep. You sighed in relief. Fortunately you wouldn't have to go through a whole night with a pair of big yellow eyes staring at you.

You walked over to the balcony and admired the forest scene down below. Beautiful. It was so white. The snow had covered the tress and froze up the lakes. How could this wolf have survived such a cold weather like this? Alright, enough about the wolf. You needed to get some rest. You sat down on a chair and leaned back and waited.

Waiting for what? For the morning to come.

***

Half a dozen hours later, you felt something soft brushing against your skin. You turned and gasped in shock.

"Oh! Its just you. I thought it was...you know," The wolf whined and put its head under your arms. "Nevermind," you giggled softly and patted its head."Did you get a good sleep last night?"The wolf nodded its head and ran to back into the room like a child. You got up and stretched. You had spent the last 6 hours daydreaming. Since vampires don't sleep. You walked into the house and saw that the fire was already out. You smiled at the wolf in the corner.

Since there's nothing to do right now, how about this: "Want to have a walk outside?" The wolf growled and stuck its long tongue out.

You didn't understand the language of wolves, even so, this particular one didn't have to take long thinking. "I'll take that as a 'yes'."