20 Changing

Werewolves and Vampires

"Lay, what the hell ha-?"

"I don't know. I found her like this."

"Where?"

"The forest."

"Wasn't she with Luhan?" 

 

Lay sighed and took out his coat, wrapping you in it. "How am I supposed to know?" He said and shot the alpha a look. 

 

Suho crossed his arms and leaned down in inspect you. Your face was paler than usual and you were as motionless as a rock. Lay had found you unconscious in the middle of the forest while he was out hunting and carried you all the way to Suho for help. But as far as it is, it seemed like Suho wasn't of any much help. 

 

"As far as I know, vampires DON'T and CAN'T faint. Neither can they go unconscious," Suho commented and crossed his arms, leaning down to get a better look at your face. 

 

If only Lay's looks could kill, Suho would have been dead. "Are you accusing me of putting her in this state?" 

 

He enunciated the "me"

 

"You think?" 

"Hey! I can heal. Not throw people unconscious, its the exact opposite!" 

 

He enunciated the "not"

 

"I don't understand, how can vampires faint? They're incapable of that."

"I don't even know," Lay placed his hand on your neck, trying to find your pulse but lamely failed when Suho said something that began to bother him. 

 

"Is your knowledge on vampires really THAT stupid, Lay?" Suho questioned and Lay scoffed. "Vampires don't have pulses." 

 

Lay ignored and turned away from the alpha's gaze. "I was just checking. I mean...she's already in this state. Maybe something else could've happened." He laid you down on a comfortable spot on the ground and began to look around. 

 

"Where'd you think the others have gone?" He asked later. Suho looked up and sighed in exasperation. 

 

"No idea. Sehun told me they went out salvaging whatever they can from our wrecked den. Whatever it is they can find. I doubt there's anything left."

 

"SNSD's are trouble, like always. I mean...what's that deal about Haneul being in their pack anyway?" Lay said, tilting his head and directing his eyes towards the sun's beam. The light didn't seem to bother him, never did. He'd often use the sun as "training" for the eyes, though the others thought of it as pretty weird. 

 

"I guess she's in SNSD," Suho said, this time, his attention towards his hands, playing with something he was holding. "WAS in SNSD."

 

"Don't you think its a little...strange. I mean, Haneul's a vampire in the midst of werewolves," Lay said and coughed. "And...why would she leave her pack anyway? If it was for us... Then, why?"

 

"I don't know," came the quick answer. Suho didn't seem to be interested in the topic, it was obvious he was being troubled by something about it. 

 

For one split second, Suho thought the other boy could actually read his mind when he said, "Fine. Let's not talk about this right now."

 

"What the he-" 

"Don't continue," Lay held up his hand in front of the alpha's face, silencing him. Suho's face softened, but still couldn't hide the shock it expressed. 

 

"She can't possibly be-"

"She is. She's bleeding." 

 

Suho sighed. "Would you just stop interrupting and let me talk?"

 

Lay rolled his eyes. "Fine." He bent down beside you and gently grabbed your hand, scanning it carefully. A spot of red was just above your wrist behind your hand, a spot of red dried blood that seemed like it had been a long while. 

 

"Vampires don't bleed," he said and turned to Suho whose face was filled with confusion. "Right, Suho?"

 

"That's the thing. Vampires don't!" 

 

"See! My knowledge isn't that bad," Lay said, basking in his victory as Suho lowered his head in defeat. 

 

"How do we know that's even her blood? Maybe she was hunting or something." 

"Check."

 

Lay rubbed off the blood with his shirt and raised his eyebrows. "Its hers," he confirmed when he saw the wound. Blood was still escaping, as the cut was deep. But Lay couldn't figure out how the wound came to be. 

 

Suho let out a long sigh. "This day just keeps getting weirder and weirder."

 

"She's waking up!" Lay announced when your eyes finally opened. Your vision was instantly greeted with the light of the sun and you shut your eyes immediately to prevent blindness. The pair watched as you sat up and glanced over at them.

 

"What happened?" You rubbed your eyes and caught 2 pairs of eyes staring at you as though they had just seen a someone raised from the dead. 

 

"You fainted," Lay explained and your eyes shot wide open. 

 

"What? B-but th-that's...impossible."

"Exactly what I thought," Suho said and turned away to sneeze. 

 

"Did you know WHY you fainted?" Lay asked, scooting over closer to you. 

 

You shook your head immediately. "I don't know. Where's Luhan?" The question came out as eager. 

 

"Luhan? I thought he was with you?" 

"No, w-we a-argued a bit," You stuttered and stood up, though you weren't able to balance yourself well. You fell but was caught in the arms of the Suho who managed to get you to sit back down. 

 

"Where do you think you're going?" He questioned and you shot him a glare. 

 

"Nowhere," you mumbled quietly. 

 

"You were bleeding too," Lay pointed to the spot of red on your hand. You quickly covered it with your other hand to prevent anyone from seeing it, but it was too late. 

 

"I'm confused. You ARE a vampire, right?" Lay asked, raising his eyebrow. 

 

"Of course I am! Its just...I don't understand any of this. Its happened to me before," you lowered your head. 

 

"Unless," Suho stood up and circled you. He made himself look like an interrogator, and you weren't entirely comfortable with that. 

 

"You're not immortal anymore," Suho stopped to see your reaction. 

 

"What are you saying?" Lay seemed intimidated for some reason. "She can't be. I mean...how do we know for sure?"

 

"I don't know. Do you still feel any urge for blood?" Suho averted his attention from Lay towards you. You didn't answer or move an inch. He waved his hand in front of your face and you jumped out of your daze.

 

"Huh?" You said in confusion and looked up to meet the gaze of an even more confused Suho and Lay. 

 

"Feeling thirsty?" Suho repeated softly and you lowered your head. 

 

"Yeah. A little." You thought about telling them about the vision and the voices you've been hearing, but at this point, you were too troubled to get it out. 

 

"You feel the cold?" Suho asked again and you shook your head. 

 

"No."

"Any nausea or headache?"

"No."

"Sleepy, tired?"

"No."

"Breathing?"

 

It took you awhile to reply, and when you did, you mumbled it under your breath. "Yes."