22 Dreams

Werewolves and Vampires

A/N: Annyeong fellow subbies! How long has it been? Sorry I hadn't updated this story in a long time. But don't worry, I won't stop until its ended :). For those of you who are still wondering, no, the story hasn't ended yet. I've written a few chapters already and still finding the time to post them so, don't unsubscribe just yet^^ And thanks for 180+ subbies! (OMO where did you all come from?? *jumps around in room* And I appreciate every single one of your comments, they just mean so much to me and inspire me to not give up on this story. Especially all the upvotes! And for those of you who're confused about those voices and dreams Haneul's having, you'll find out soon. So stay in touch! Anyway, here's the newest chapter! Pretty short but one of the important parts of this story. Hope you enjoy it as much as I like writing it!^^

 

"Haneul!"

"Haneul!"

"Haneul!"

 

Dozens of voices entered your head all at once, not allowing you a chance to prepare for the attack. You froze in place, trying to fight out the voices. There were all sorts of voices, all calling out one word: Haneul. Each voice sounded sad and dreary, but none of them seemed familiar. 

"Don't come back."

"Just run."

"That's it. Run."

 

These were proceeded by another vision. And this time, it was only white that you saw. You found yourself standing in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by white walls of some sort. 

 

"Am I in Heaven?" You thought mindlessly.

 

It seemed like Heaven; the only thing you could see was white. Like...plain white. As if you are staring into nothing. 

 

You slowly rotated, searching the place for anyone or at least, anything in sight. But there was none. Only more voices. Each one as terrible as the rest. 

 

"You're the last ones left."

"You can't give up."

"Not now. Not after how much I've risked to get you this far."

 

The corner of hour eye caught a man standing in a distance. You turned and leapt back. The man had long red hair that covered a side of his scratched and blood-stained face. His black clothes were torn and tattered, as if ribbed by large claws. Veins stuck out of his muscles and for a second, you could almost see the blood pump through them. His bright cat-like eyes studied you sharply, as if you were a major threat. His hands were balled into fists, ready to fight. 

 

Somehow, he looked familiar. You recognised him from somewhere before, sometime long ago. But you couldn't find much about him anywhere in your salvageable memory. Your heart told you you knew him, but your mind told you otherwise. 

 

Your voice trembled as you spoke. "Who are you?" Whoever this man was, he didn't look very friendly. More than anything, he looked terrible. Almost like someone who rose from the dead—his face was pale and he had lips almost white. When he opened his mouth to speak, you braced for whatever was to come. 

 

"I tried, Haneul. I tried," the last thing you expected was seeing a tear drop from his eyes and over his cheeks. His eyes turned sad and filled with sorrow and guilt. You were taken aback by his sudden change of appearance. You even rubbed your eyes to make sure you were seeing things right. 

 

"I tried," the man said again, this time a little softer. He lowered his head and quickly wiped off his tears with his sleeve. He took a long breath and looked back up, gathering his strength again. 

 

"Is this real? Or am I dreaming?" You asked, trying to sound as friendly as possible just in case he might charge at you. The last thing you wanted was a creepy guy pinning you to the ground with the intention to eat you alive. 

 

"This is real, Haneul. This is all real." 

"Then answer me. Who are you?" You said the last three words slowly, demandingly. 

 

The man hesitated. "Someone you used to know."

 

As if something had interrupted, a cloud of silence spread over the both of you. You rested both your hands on the side of your hips and looked down, wondering of what to say next. The man was the same. The looks on his face told you that he was trying to say something, but he didn't. 

 

"What do all these dreams mean?" You asked. "Why am I hearing voices? Why am I changing?" You were tempted to ask the hundreds of questions you kept in your head but you pursed your lips, seeing what the man would respond.

 

"This isn't the future. Nor the present," He said, staring beyond you. "My powers are fading, Haneul. Its up to you now. And the same goes to him," he finally spoke, making your body freeze. 

 

"Who's him?" You asked. But the man did not answer. He hesitated and you wanted to target him with your questions again before he spoke up. 

 

"If you want to know so desperately," He began. 

 

Your confusion turned to anger. You felt adrenaline rush through your veins. "Yes! I want to know where all this is coming from," you were surprised at where this attitude came from but you stood firm. If you wanted to get answers out of this man, you had to show yourself as a tough person, not just some weakling. 

 

Instead, the man turned his back to you. "The rest is up to you."

 

"What do you mean?" You were tired. 

 

"Find out yourself," the man said, letting out a soft chuckle. "I did it for a reason. You just need to remember." Nothing he said was ever making sense. You placed your hand on your hips and sighed, staring at the floor in exasperation.

 

"You've got a change of attitude, I see," the man mumbled. You lifted your head in confusion. "Patience. You'll need patience. Wait and the answer will come," he said. "Eventually."

 

He began to walk forward, further and further away from you, leaving you speechless. You didn't want to lose him. You were so close to getting the answers you've wanted.

 

"Don't worry. I'll see you soon," he said over his shoulder. Slowly, he disappeared. 

 

And plain darkness succeeded. The voices haunted you again. 

 

"Noona!" It sounded like a child. 

 

"Where is he? I need to go back for him!" A girl. 

"Don't! We can't risk getting caught." A boy this time. 

"But he's only a kid!" 

 

You heard lightning strike. Then, a shriek. Coming from somewhere further. Followed by crying. 

 

"What about mom and dad? I can't leave them." 

"They're gone. There's nothing you can do!" 

 

A cry tore across the air. The sobbing of a child. The screaming of a woman. The cursing of men. What was all this chaos?

 

Slowly, the darkness faded. Light came in its place. You found yourself standing in the middle of the forest, with fire all around you. The flames rose higher and grew bigger every passing second, devouring the trees every living creature. But you weren't affected. You heard the sound of footsteps, running towards your direction from the south. You ducked behind a burning tree when you heard them. 

 

"They're coming for you. For the both of you. You're the last one's left. And they know it, YOU know it," the voice of a man.

"But we can't leave you!" A child. A sob.

"You have to. Go to the place I told you to go."

"No!" Another child. 

"GO!" 

 

Then, silence. 

 

Followed by the gentle voice of a woman, as if singing her restless child to sleep. "Please. Live for us." 

 

Humming. 

Singing. 

Soft breaths. 

 

Then everything faded away like dust in the wind.