04 Werewolves

Werewolves and Vampires

“Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol..." 

 

“Baekhyun stop it already! They're right behind us!"

 

“Alright, fine. Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol, Chanyeol..."

 

“Byun Baekhyun! If you don't stop you'll get the both of us killed. Now stop for Pete's sake!"

 

“Suho, your left!" 

 

“BAEKHYUN!"

 

“Baekhyun, you alright? Oh God no!"

 

“Kyungsoo, call the others!"

 

***

 

In an underground cave, a pack of 5 werewolves in their human forms were panicking. 7 others of their pack were still out there, who knows what's happened to them? 

 

“Kai, you're a tracker, get out there!" 

“No Kai, stay right where you are. Its far too dangerous."

“Kris ah, do you have any idea what's happening out there? They might be needing our help. Its been a day already!"

“We can't take the risk, Chen."

“But-"

“No but! I'm your Alpha, Lay." 

“Lay hyung, just listen to him."

“Sehun, shut up and finish your food!"

“Fine, shutting the maknae," The wolf known as Sehun muttered to himself. “Luhan's out there too. Wait... SWEET MOTHER OF KIMCHI! LUHAN!" Sehun started panicking.

 

“Guys, let's not panic. I'm pretty sure they're fine," The Alpha said. 

 

“What makes you so sure?" Lay crossed his arms. 

 

“Hey! Have you forgotten how strong your pack mates are? Don't underestimate them," Kris replied.

 

“Luhan's gonna crush 'em vampire skulls!" shouted Sehun and knocked his fists together.

 

“Hun, just finish your meat. I spent 4 hours straight for that!" Cried Kris.

 

“Yeah, wasted 4 hours for this tasteless flesh!" Sehun complained. 

 

“That meat was kept for 4 days already. Of course the taste changes," mumbled Kai.

 

“Guys, shh it!" Chen silenced.

 

The cave immediately became as quiet as a library. For the first time since they got there.

 

“I hear something!"

 

Howling. A long howl, calling for help. It was coming from above the ground. 

 

Kai was the first to transform. “Guys, I know that howl."

 

“D.O," Lay continued. 

 

“Kyungsoo!" Kai ran out of the cave at top speed, ignoring the cries of the 4 members behind. 

 

“Kai!" Lay transformed and ran after him. Kris tried stopping him by blocking the way out but Lay pushed him aside and without a word, dissapeared into the darkness. 

 

“Now there goes another. Nice work keeping us together, Krease," Sehun grinned. 

 

“Is that an insult?" Kris transformed and glared at Sehun. Kris looked angry this time. 

 

“No, it was a compliment," Sehun laughed, ignoring Kris' deadly glare. 

 

“Another sound out of you and I'll-"

 

Kris growled as Sehun transformed and before a fight could begin, Chen jumped in between the two. 

 

“Stop, alright! Our pack mates are in trouble out there! Fighting won't solve this problem," for the first time ever, Chen seemed to be serious.

 

“Relax Chen. Just trying to see his expression," Sehun giggled and turned back to his human form.

 

Suddenly, the giant stone bolder blocking the entrance to the cave opened and in walked 6 boys, drenched in sweat and dirt all over their clothes. 

 

Behind them was Kai in his wolf form, carrying a motionless, bleeding boy on his back. 

 

Baekhyun.

 

The boys laid Baekhyun down on the ground and Chen took a wet towel and laid it on his forehead.

 

“Kyungsoo, what happened?" asked Kris.

 

“We got cornered. One of them attacked Suho but Baekhyun stood in the way, look what it got him into," D.O explained as he and two others took Baekhyun's blood-stained shirt off. 

 

“So...you mean that's, vampire-"

 

“Venom, yes," Suho cut in. “Its all my fault," there was the look of guilt on his face. Guilt and regret. 

 

“No, Alpha. N-n-not yours," Baekhyun managed to say. He tried to get up on his feet but every move he took made the pain in his arm even worse. He cried in agony.

 

“Baekhyun, sit down. Don't move or it'll get worse," Kai said as he pushed Baekhyun gently back on the ground. 

 

“Lay, you think you can heal him?" Suho asked, a worried expression on his face.

 

“MAYBE."

 

The pack watched as Lay laid his hand above the bite mark on Baekhyun's left arm. A glow of light emerged from Lay's palm but nothing seems to be working. 

 

The wound was still there, this time getting even worse judging by the pale look on Baekhyun's face. His body was shaking all over as the vampire venom that was injected into him began to spread through the blood in his veins. If he wasn't strong enough to withstand the pain, he would die.

 

“Oh no. No. No. No. This can't be happening," Suho turned away and cried silently. Tao noticed and went to comfort him but the boy paid no attention to Tao's supposed-to-be comforting words. 

 

“Ch-Ch- Chanyeol, Chanyeol! Where i-is he?" Baekhyun said in pain. He was sweating all over. He was struggling hard to keep on living. His fists squeezed tightly.

 

“Chanyeol. Luhan. Hey, guys! Chanyeol and Luhan aren't here!" Sehun got up and looked around. 

 

“WHERE ARE THEY?!" Kris exclaimed.

 

“They paired up when we got separated and I heard Chanyeol's howl about 10-15 minutes ago," Xiumin said, squeezing Baekhyun's hand. 

 

“They're both strong. They won't he taken down that easily," said Kris. 

 

“I agree," replied Kai as he carried a pail full of water to the group. 

 

“Pretty sure they're alright. Don't worry, just relax. Calm down, rest," D.O said as he dipped squeezed the water from the towel into the pail and placed it on Baekhyun's forehead. 

 

“BAEKHYUN? BAEKHYUN!" 

 

Everyone's heads turned when they heard a familiar voice coming from behind him. 

 

It was Chanyeol. 

 

He transformed and rushed to Baekhyun as fast as lightning, grabbing his hand and squeezing it tightly. 

 

“Baekhyun, you alright? I heard the howl," Tears ran down Chanyeol's pink cheeks.

 

“Ch-chanyeol?" Baekhyun said weakly. “You're here."

 

Chanyeol forced a smile. “Yes I'm here."

 

“Thank G-G-God you're alright," mumbled Baekhyun.

 

“Chanyeol, where's Luhan?" Sehun said, running around the cave.

 

“Luhan? Wait, where is he?" D.O looked around in confusion. He lifted an eyebrow to Chanyeol.

 

“I thought you two were together."

 

“Chanyeol, did you lose him?" Sehun glared at him. 

 

“B-but...he was right behind me," Chanyeol answered. 

 

“So, you DID lose him," D.O face palmed.

 

“I'm going out to find him," Sehun said and transformed. 

 

“Sehun! Its night time, there might be many out there, you can't possibly go now," Chen exclaimed. 

 

“He's right, kido," Kris yawned. “Been a long time since I slept."

 

“We're going," said Suho. 

 

“Huh?" Kris' sleepy eyes widened.

 

“We're going," Suho repeated. “We have to find Luhan. And fast. Before they do."

 

“He's right," Tao whispered in Kris' ears. 

 

Kris sighed. “Alright, but if anyone of us gets hurt out there, blame it on Suho."

 

“Good, so its settled!" Suho clapped his hands together. 

 

“Lay, Xiumin and Chanyeol, you three stay here and make sure Baekhyun's still living. The rest, we've got to find Luhan before the others do."