TWENTY THREE

EVERYDAY WITH YOU

“Daehyun” Nari call him. Daehyun look at her. This girl again?

 

“Wae?” He close his book.

 

“Can you help me?” Nari give him English textbook. Daehyun take the book and look at it.

 

“I’ll give you my lunch if you teach me..” Daehyun look back at Nari. Jang Nari. His classmate. Their childhood neighbor when they were at Busan. His Reenie always play with her until that tragedy. They move on to Seoul.

 

Nari just move to their school when her father got promoted to Seoul. It’s hard for her to keep up with culture and studies. Since they’ll in final year.

 

“It’s okay Nari.. I’ll teach you.” Daehyun take pencil and start teaching her. Nari sit beside Daehyun silently listen to what Daehyun said.

 

‘Jung Daehyun I wonder why your family move out to Seoul so sudden...’

 

“Op- oh.” You walk inside Daehyun’s class and saw them studying. You look at Nari, who silently glancing at Daehyun. You smile. Nari eonni like Daehyun. From they know each other. Nari is a shy girl with Daehyun and Daehyun always bullied her. You walk to library leaving them alone.

 

You study some more while waiting for Daehyun to finish before asleep. You feel a sudden cold on your cheek. You quickly awake and look. Himchan, smiling at you with coffee milk can.

 

“Here you go..” He put the drink and sit in front of you. You rub your eyes and checking if you drooled. Himchan take your book and check it.

 

“You still need more practice Jung Reen.. All your subjects are impressive except Math. Can I know why?”Himchan smile. His teacher mode is on.

 

“I’m not into calculating seongsaenim.”You answer it honestly. You can’t lie. You don’t want your future will collapse just because you didn’t tell what you hate.

 

“Then what are you interested in?” You think for a moment.

 

“I like arts.. I want to draw. Making illustration or something.” You answer confidently.

 

Himchan lean back and thought. Then he flash his usually heartbreaking smiles.

 

“My college offer some scholarship if you want to try apply it.” Himchan take out the brochure.

 

“This the brochure I got when I was your age. Noona gave it. I should gave it to you now. Try your luck.” He get up and give back your book. Leaving you dumbfounded.

Scholarship? in Art? It’s exist?! You read the brochure. What should I do to get this scholarship. You want this. If you can get into this college it’s mean you and Himchan will be a colleagues!

 

“Reenie?” You quickly pack up your things and run to Daehyun. You hug his arm.

 

“Eomma appa have a conference night. What should we eat tonight?” You look at him. Daehyun thinks.

 

“Pizza?”

 

“Chicken?”

 

“Burger!”

 

“All?” You and Daehyun said. Both of you grin. All it is. Tonight dinners are pizza, chicken and burger!