Chapter 9

LifeMate

“ Jessica?” Sooyoung couldn’t believe her eyes. Was the girl that sat in front of her really Jessica?

 

“ Jessica?” the girl questioned Sooyoung back she was confused. “ Oh I’m sorry you must be mistaking me for someone else. My name is Sooyeon.”

 

Sooyoung felt as if a truck hit her. “Oh, I’m sorry if I interrupted you two.” Sooyoung then looked over to where the other person sat. “ Yuri?”

 

Yuri was snapped out of her shocked state. “ Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyeon looked at both Yuri and Sooyoung “ You two know each other?”

 

“Yes, Yuri here is my cousin.” Sooyoung said as she furrowed her eyebrows at Yuri. “ By the way Sooyeon, have you been in some sort of accident these past months?” Sooyoung needed to know the answer to the question.

 

“ Sooyoung! You don’t ask questions like those. It’s rude of you to do so.” Yuri interrupted Sooyeon from answering.

 

“ I’m sorry.” Sooyoung apologized to Sooyeon; she didn’t even bat an eyelash to Yuri.

 

Sooyeon could sense something was going on between the two cousins, “ It’s okay and the answer to your question is a yes actually, I just woke up from a coma 4 months ago.”

 

“I’m very happy you’re in good health and it’s good to hear that you woke up from your coma.” Sooyoung’s suspicions were correct “It was nice meeting you Sooyeon. I hope we can see each other soon.” Sooyoung held her right hand.

 

“ Like wise, and I hope to see you soon too.” Sooyeon grabbed Sooyoung's hand in her own. She then scowled as she touched the other girl.

 

Yuri grabbed Sooyoung by the wrist and squeezed. “ I think you should get going Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung let go of Sooyeon’s hand and roughly took Yuri’s hand off of her wrist. “Why of course.” Sooyoung smiled at Sooyeon “ I’ll be expecting a call from you dear cousin.” Sooyoung glared at Yuri and then walked away with Woody trailing behind her.

 

Sooyoung walked out of the building with woody. She then screamed like a mad woman. “ SHE’S ALIVE!!!! ”  People around her looked at her weirdly, but Sooyoung didn’t care, her lifemate was alive and that’s all she cared about.

 

Sooyoung then picked up woody and hugged him “She’s alive Woody!” Sooyoung was in tears. “Thank you.”  Sooyoung kissed Woody “Thank you!” She then kissed him again. “ Thank you so much Woody! You’re such a good boy! Good boy Woody! Good boy for finding Jessica! You know what? I’m treating you for some hot dogs!” Sooyoung wiped her tears and put the dog down, she then proceeded to scratch his favorite spot under his chin. “ You’re such a good boy Woody I love you so much you little Shikshin!” Woody barked at Sooyoung and wagged his tail.

 

“Now come on let’s go and get you those hot dogs.” Sooyoung then stood up and walked toward the hot dog cart she saw earlier

 

“ Hi. Can I get 7 hot dogs? But can I get 5 without the bun?” Sooyoung asked the man who was attending the cart.

 

“ Of course. Would you like the 5 in a bag or?” the man asked Sooyoung.

 

“Can you give the 5 to my dog please?” The man looked at Sooyoung weirdly but complied with her demands.

 

The man gave the five hot dogs to the dog and gave the other two to Sooyoung. “ Here you go and please keep the change.” Sooyoung paid the man.

 

“Thank you so much Miss.” The man took the money and attended a new customer.

 

Once Woody was done with his food he barked at Sooyoung.” What? You want more?” Sooyoung asked Woody and she got another bark in response. She took the last bite of hers and threw away her tray. “Sorry bud but you’ll get tummy ache and your owner will kill me for feeding you human food.” She said as she patted his head. “Now come on let’s go home. I need to go somewhere at the moment and your coming with me.”

 

Sooyoung arrived at her apartment quickly, she then let go of Woody’s leash and walked to her room.

 

“Now where did I leave them?” Sooyoung was searching for her keys to her car. “Ah! Found them!” Sooyoung then walked to the kitchen and found Woody trying to get more food “Not now Woody, now come on we must go now.” Sooyoung grabbed Woody by his leash and walked out.

 

“ I missed you. I’m sorry I haven’t taken you out for quiet a while now. Please forgive me.” Sooyoung told her car as she rubbed the hood. “ Hopefully your nice to me today for not taking you out for such a long time.”

 

“Come on Woody! Hop in!” Sooyoung opened the door to her car and let Woody sit on the passenger’s seat; she then walked around got into her seat She put her car into drive and drove off to her next destination.

 


 

Sooyoung walked to the front of the door of a certain person’s house and knocked. It didn’t take long until the person opened the door.

 

“ Sooyoung? Is that really you?”

 

Sooyoung smiled, “ Yeah it’s really me Taeyeon. I know I haven’t been around here for quite a while now, sorry.”

 

Taeyeon couldn’t believe Sooyoung was standing in front of her house in the flesh, ever since Jessica died Sooyoung hasn’t been out of her apartment complex. Rare occasion’s when she would go out was when Woody would annoy the younger girl to take him out for a walk. “ You drove here? Since when did you start driving again?” Taeyeon found it odd. ‘Could it be that she’s finally moving on from Jessica?’

 

“ She’s alive Taeyeon!” Sooyoung couldn’t contain her excitement anymore she hugged Taeyeon.

 

“Sooyoung… you’re choking me” Taeyeon felt suffocated when Sooyoung hugged her.

 

Sooyoung let go of Taeyeon “ Oh sorry I was just a little over whelmed”

 

“ Who’s alive?” Taeyeon was confused “ Wait… No… but…but” Things didn’t add up to Taeyeon.

 

“ Let me in and I’ll explain.” Sooyoung wanted to explain to Taeyeon what had happened.

 

Taeyeon stepped aside and let both Sooyoung and Woody into her house. “ I see you even brought the dog with you”

 

“ Yeah well if it wasn’t for the dog, I wouldn’t have ever known she was alive.” Sooyoung said as she sat down on the couch and Woody sat on her lap.

 

“He found her? Taeyeon asked.

 

“Yeah he did. Which was pretty amazing if you ask me. This guy picked up her scent by our apartment, he then started to get wild and snapped out of the leash, see?” Sooyoung showed Taeyeon the broken leash.

 

“Wow, he must have really wanted to see her.” Taeyeon was surprised the little guy could do that to his leash.

 

“ I know. I had to chase him down to some restaurant and when I finally caught him he stood right in front of her, but you’ll never guess who was with her.” Sooyoung explained to Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows in confusion, she couldn’t guess who would be with Jessica at a restaurant. “ Who?”

 

“ Yuri” Sooyoung bluntly said.

 

“ The Prez!” Taeyeon couldn’t believe it “ Your cousin was with Jessica!”

 

“ I know!!” Finally someone could understand Sooyoung’s point of view, Sooyoung herself couldn’t believe it herself, that and the fact the Jessica was still alive.

 

Taeyeon then furrowed her eyebrows,  “ But wait… what was Yuri doing with Jessica?” Taeyeon couldn’t put two and two together.

 

“ That’s what I want to know. Yuri wouldn’t let me talk. I swear her glare alone was trying to shut me up, not only that but Jessica didn’t recognize me.”

 

“ Then how did you know it was her?” Taeyeon asked.

 

Sooyoung looked at her in the eye’s,” Her eye’s, when I looked into her eye’s they were the same cold eyes that I fell for. I mean she was a bit pail from the last time I saw her and she isn’t a blonde anymore… My Ice princess is now a brunette and you know what? I actually like it.”

 

“ Wow… Sooyoung. You’re ing in love.” Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows “ I mean I knew you loved Jessica, but the way you just described her…. Your in deep Sooyoung, your in love with Jessica.”

 

Sooyoung looked at Taeyeon with sincere eyes “ I know and I was so stupid for not realizing it earlier. It took me loosing her to realize that I was in love with her Taeyeon. Do you know how stupid and guilty I felt when she was gone? I felt like the biggest idiot for not realizing it before.” Sooyoung put Woody down and leaned forward. “ Look, I think she may have amnesia because of the incident but you know what? I’ll make her fall for me again, this time around it won’t be her doing everything, it will be me doing everything for her. This time I’ll be the one to pop up the question about marriage, I’ll be the one to give her my everything and I won’t give up so easily”

 

Taeyeon looked at Sooyoung's determined eyes, she saw a passion in them, a passion for Jessica. Taeyeon then smiled, “ Well now that you know the A) Jessica is alive, B) She has amnesia, and C) Not only do you have to win Jessica’s heart back but you also have to deal with your cousin. What are you going to do?”

 

“ Well, I’m waiting for Yuri to call me. I told her I’m expecting a call from her, I’m willing to hear her side of the story before I do something irrational. But don’t get me wrong, no matter what Yuri say’s I’m still getting Jessica back no matter who is in the way. I already lost her once I’m not going to lose her twice” Sooyoung was serious this time around, she already lost the girl once she won’t let her go so easily this time around.

 

Taeyeon sat back and crossed her legs “... then does that also mean that we also get the old Sooyoung back?”

 

“ Of course.” Sooyoung smiled.

 

Taeyeon smiled and stood up “ Welcome back Soo.” Taeyeon then spread her arms.

 

Sooyoung stood up and hugged Taeyeon, “Glad to be back Taeyeon and this time I’m not going anywhere.”

 

“ You better not get yourself lost again like that Sooyoung, I mean it. Do you know how much you worried all of us back at the agency? Wait, does Amber even know?” Taeyeon pulled back from the hug.

 

“ No, I haven’t told her yet. She was asleep when I got back, I didn’t want to wake her up after the long day she had with your girlfriend” Sooyoung laughed and Taeyeon laughed with her.

 

“ Yeah she did! You should have seen how much Tiffany bought at the mall, seriously though I have a feeling that we won’t be able to retire before the age of 60 with her trying to spend every once in a while. I mean when I saw Amber’s trunk full of bags I literally thought she bought out the whole building!” Tiffany’s obsession with shopping was no joke.

 

“ Speaking of Tiffany, where is she?” Sooyoung asked as she looked around.

 

“She must still be sleeping, she was tired when she got back and I just tired her out more not so long ago.” Taeyeon smiled as she remembered what she did not so long ago.

 

Sooyoung scowled, “Ew, I did not need to know you did it with her. Honestly, to much info.”

 

Taeyeon laughed, “Oh please, it’s not like you didn’t get it on with Jessica either and don’t you dare deny it!”

 

“Yeah but at least I have the decency not to tell anyone!” Sooyoung defended herself.

 

“ What’s with all the yelling?” Tiffany groggily said as she walked down the stairs.

 

“ Hey Tiff!” Sooyoung smiled.

 

“ Oh my god! Sooyoung!” Tiffany ran to the younger girl and hugged her.

 

“Tiff, you’re suffocating me…” Sooyoung tried to breath as Tiffany hugged her tightly around her waist.

 

Tiffany let go of Sooyoung and looked at her from head to toe as she grabbed her arms. “ I still can’t believe you got out of that cave you were living in! What… what made you finally come out without Woody having to drag you out?”

 

Sooyoung smiled at the older girl, “ Jessica’s alive Tiff!”

 

“ Jessie’s alive!” Tiffany’s eyes almost popped out of her. “ How? When? Why!”

 

Sooyoung got out of Tiffany’s grasp and grabbed her wrist. “ You may want to sit down for this.”

 

Tiffany complied with the younger girl’s orders; she was still in shock that her best friend was alive. Taeyeon sat next to her and intertwined her hand with hers.  Sooyoung sat down and then explained everything to Tiffany. How Woody got loose from his leash and made her chase him through the streets and when she found out that Yuri, her cousin, had been with Jessica.

 

“ Yuri knew about her being alive?” Tiffany asked.

 

Sooyoung nodded.

 

“What the hell! How dare she keep this from us!” Tiffany screamed as she bolted straight up from her seat.

 

Sooyoung and Taeyeon stood up and held her down. “Before you start jumping to conclusions Tiffany wait. I still haven’t heard Yuri’s side of the story about this whole situation. I’m waiting for her to call me so that I can meet up with her.”

 

“Fine, but that still doesn’t mean I’m not angry with her at the moment.” Tiffany sat down and crossed her arms.

 

“ Speaking of the devil, she’s calling.” Sooyoung said as she felt her phone vibrate. Taeyeon and Tiffany stood quietly as they waited for Sooyoung to pick up the call.

 

“Hello?” Sooyoung answer the call.

 

“Sooyoung, meet me at the agency in my office. I’ll be waiting for you.”

 

“Very well then, I’ll see you soon Yuri.” Sooyoung then ended the call.

 

Sooyoung then looked at the couple “ I have to go, I’m meeting her up at the agency. Wish me luck because I’m about to reek havoc over there!”

 

Taeyeon and Tiffany stood up and led Sooyoung out the door. Woody saw Sooyoung leaving and he followed her out.

 

“Good luck Sooyoung and don’t do anything rash.” Taeyeon said as she waved at her from the entrance to her house.

 

“Don’t listen to her Sooyoung! Reek Havoc! I give you permission!” Tiffany yelled as she also bid her luck.

 

Sooyoung laughed at the couple. She found it hilarious how the two were able to balance each other out. She opened the door for Woody to get in and then got in herself. She then put the car into drive and drove off to meet up with her cousin at the agency.