Chapter 8

LifeMate

“ Are you okay babe?” A man hugged Krystal by her waist and kept her within his grasp.

 

Krystal looked at Amber, Amber was shocked but she didn’t show it.

 

“ I see… I completely understand now.” Amber felt so stupid at the moment. “ I better get going, have a good day Ms. Jung.” Amber then walked away.

 

Krystal then snapped out of stupefied state “ Wait! Amber!” Krystal let herself out of the man’s grasp and walked as quickly as she could to where Amber was heading

 

“Amber! Hold up!” Krystal grabbed Amber’s arm.

 

“What.” Amber felt as if the world was coming down on her.

 

“ I… I can explain.”

 

“Explain what Krystal? What do you want to explain? That the guy over there, Minho, is your boyfriend? Or that what happened last night should be kept in the shadows?” Krystal stayed silent “ You know, now I know why you said you didn’t want anyone to see me go out of your house. God Krystal! Do you know how stupid I feel right now?” Amber may have known most of Krystal’s life but that didn’t mean that she knew Krystal like the back of her hand. At the moment Amber didn’t want to have anything related with the younger girl.

 

“I…” Krystal was at loss of words.

 

“Good bye Krystal.” Amber was mentally cursing herself as she walked to her car. Amber couldn’t believe the other girl manipulated her so easily.  She then proceeded to get in her car and drove off home.


 

Krystal stood where she was as she saw Amber walk away. She was speechless, she felt like such a jerk.

 

“ Babe? Are you okay?” Minho was concerned for his girlfriend. He hadn’t seen Krystal like this since she lost contact with her sister.

 

“ I just… I feel like I was such a to her Minho.”

 

Minho was shocked, “He’s a her?” To Minho the guy he had just stopped a while ago really looked like a guy and not a girl. “ Really?”

 

Krystal laughed a bit and nodded, “Yeah she really is a girl, I know what you mean though I miss took her for a guy too.”

 

Minho was at least glad he could get a laugh out of his girlfriend, “ Did you two just have an argument?”

 

Krystal looked down, “Yeah, and it’s all my fault. I’m such a decieving .”

 

Minho cupped Krystal’s cheek, “If she means that much to you then talk to her Babe”

 

Krystal looked into Minho’s eyes for any sign of disagreement towards his choice of words she then nodded. “ I’ll talk to her later.” She smiled “ Right now we should head back inside.”

 

Minho smiled and grabbed her hand as he led her back inside.

 


 

Sooyoung awoke to scratching noises. She groggily stood up and opened her bedroom door to reveal a small overly happy dog.

 

“I know. I’m up, I’m going.” She said as she went to the restroom to do her usual morning routine. When she came out of the restroom she found the same small dog with a leash in his mouth.

 

“Woody, let me get changed first. So that means you have to get out of my room” the dog wagged his tail and stepped out and sat in front of the door still happily wagging his tail.

 

Sooyoung laughed at the dog, “Your such a dork, just like your owner. Now just stay there and wait for me okay? I won’t be long.” Sooyoung said to the dog and then proceeded to get ready in order to take the dog out for a walk. As soon as she was done, she opened her to see the dog on his stomach wagging his tail while still holding the leash in his mouth.

 

“ Oh please I did not take that long. Now give me the leash before I don’t take you out.” Sooyoung bent down to Woody's level and the dog gave her the leash. “Ew, you left your slobber on it.” Sooyoung said as she put on his harness that was attached to his leash.

 

“ Okay, we can go now. I’ll just stop by the nearest shop to grab something to eat while I walk you.” Woody barked. “ No, I’m not buying you anything. It’s not good for you if you eat to many sweets.” Woody whimpered. “ Fine. You little Shikshin” He then wagged his tail and led Sooyoung out the front door. Sooyoung followed the dog and locked the door before she stepped out.

 

While Sooyoung walked the dog, woody would stick his nose to smell certain spots as they walked. “ Come on woody, if you keep on smelling things we’ll never get to the store at the pace we are going.” Sooyoung tugged on the leash a bit but the dog didn’t listen and continued to smell, he then picked up a scent and started to pull on his leash.

 

“Whoa! Hold on there woody. Woody NO STOP!” Sooyoung stopped walking and pulled on the leash. Woody tugged harder and the leash snapped from his harness.

 

“ WOODY!” Sooyoung ran after the dog.

 

Woody ignored Sooyoung and kept running, he was more interested in the scent he picked up. As he ran he dodged people and cars that would get in his way.  He then suddenly stopped, he smelled a hot dog stand, he looked at the cart and his stomach growled. Woody wanted one so badly; he took the chance to get near the cart.

 

“Woody!” a voice finally brought him back to his senses and he ran toward the scent he had smelled earlier. He ignored the calls that Sooyoung was telling him, right now what was more important to him was to find that scent.

 

When he arrived at his destination, he saw an obstacle in his way, a door, he tried to scratch his way in but to no avail no matter what he did the door would not budge.

 

“Woody…. No…stay!” Sooyoung panted hard as she ran toward the dog.

 

Someone opened the door and Woody bolted inside. “Woody!”

 

Sooyoung ran past people as she tried to chase the dog inside the building. She was then stopped by the receptionist “I’m sorry miss but there’s a line you have to wait for to get in.”

 

“ I know but my dog ran inside. Please, just let me get him and I’ll get out.” Sooyoung frantically said as she eyed the dog.

 

The receptionist looked to where she was looking at and true to the girl’s words, she was right, there was a dog inside the building.

 

“Very well then” the receptionist let Sooyoung in and stopped anyone else from stepping in without her consent.

 

“Woody! Stop!” Sooyoung called the dog but he just would not listen. Sooyoung found it odd that he would not listen to her. He always listened to her whenever she would give him an order, he knew better.

 

Woody knew he would get scolded later on by Sooyoung but he just had to find this scent. He sniffed and sniffed, of course he occasionally got distracted by the scent of food or the screaming of people, but he always went back to that exact scent he was aiming for. He missed that scent so much, and only one person smelled that way. He then stopped in front of a person and barked. The person was startled by a bark and looked away from the other person he or she was talking to. He or she then looked down and saw a small spotted dog in front of them.

 

Sooyoung finally spotted Woody wagging his tail as he stood in front of a brunette girl. “ Woody!”

 

Sooyoung walked over to the dog and grabbed him by his harness. “ Bad dog. You know better than to run away like that. What were you thinking huh? Do you know how scared I was when you got off your leash like that?” Sooyoung said as she put the leash on Woody “ I am so sorry about him. Are you okay?” Sooyoung asked as she tied the broken leash on the dog.

 

The person smiled, “It’s okay. You have a pretty nice dog. I love his eye’s, what kind of dog is he?”

 

Sooyoung smiled and finally looked up to see the brunette girl that sat in front of her, that same smile faltered as Sooyoung looked into the girl’s eyes.

 

“ Jessica?”

 


 

As soon as Amber left, Taeyeon walked straight back inside and laid down next to her sleeping girlfriend. Tiffany, detecting a sudden warmth, scooted into it. Taeyeon chuckled as she wrapped her arm around Tiffany’s waist and brought her closer into her arms.

 

As Tiffany slept, Taeyeon admired her girlfriend’s beauty. “ My eye smiling princess, do you know how beautiful you are? It sometimes scares me on how much I love you.” Taeyeon cupped Tiffany’s cheek and kissed her gently as she tried not to awake her girlfriend.

 

“ I love you so much.” Taeyeon whispered to Tiffany as she pulled out of the soft kiss.

 

“I love you too.” Tiffany was awoken by something soft touching her lips.

 

Tiffany startled Taeyeon; Taeyeon didn’t expect to get a response from her. “ I’m sorry, did I wake you up?”

 

Tiffany smiled at Taeyeon “ It’s okay. I don’t mind being woken up like that.”

 

“ Are you giving me permission to wake you up like that every morning?” Taeyeon asked as she hugged Tiffany a bit closer to her body.

 

“Maybe?” Tiffany brought her arms around Taeyeon’s neck.

 

Taeyeon pecked Tiffany’s lips once more, “ Are you sure about that?” Tiffany felt Teayeon's breath as she whispered to her

 

 “ Positive.” Tiffany’s eyes were concentrated on one thing, and that was Taeyeon’s soft lips.

 

Taeyeon smiled and captured Tiffany’s lips, she deepened the kiss and Tiffany moaned as she felt Taeyeon invade . Taeyeon broke apart from the kiss and straddled the other girl, Tiffany groaned as she felt Taeyeon pull away. She tugged on Taeyeon’s shirt, at the moment she wished shirts did not exist, she wanted to feel Taeyeon’s abdomen against her own.

 

“Someone is getting a little impatient,” Taeyeon smirked.

 

“Shut up and take it off before I change my mind.” Taeyeon complied with her girlfriend’s orders.

 

“As if you would, I know you can’t resist me” Taeyeon was getting cocky.

 

Tiffany raised an eye brow as she switch places with the older girl, “Oh really?” Tiffany then slipped out of her shirt “ Are you sure about that?”

 

Taeyeon her lips as she witnessed the view above her and gulped. “Uh huh.”

 

“ That’s what I thought” Tiffany smiled as she pulled Taeyeon in for another kiss. Before things could escalate any further, the sound of a phone buzzing interrupted them.

 

“Wait.” Tiffany pulled out of the kiss and Taeyeon pulled her back in. “Taeyeon… my… phone.” Tiffany said between kisses.

 

“ Screw them” Taeyeon replied as she tried to deepen the kiss but she earned a pinch instead. “Ouch!”

 

“Hello?” Tiffany panted into the phone. “Uhm… Am I calling at the wrong moment right now?”

 

“Krystal! No not at all.”

 

Taeyeon fell onto her back as she pouted. “No not at all” she repeated Tiffany’s words in a whiny voice.

 

Tiffany who was still straddling the older girl, slapped Taeyeon's abdomen, she earned a groan in response. She pulled away from the phone “Shut it.” Taeyeon put her hands up as she signaled that she surrendered.

 

“Great!” Krystal was relieved she didn’t interrupt something or else it would be awkward.

 

“ So what can I help you with? Is it my sister? Do I have to knock some sense into her already?”

 

“No! Not at all, actually we got into an argument and it was my entire fault. I feel like such a jerk and I want to talk to her but she isn’t answering her phone. I was wondering if you could give me her address?” Krystal asked hoping that Tiffany would at least give her Amber’s address.

 

“ Sure, I’ll text it to you” Tiffany wanted to slap her sister senseless at the moment but she couldn’t, not until she hears with her own two ears what happened.

 

“Thank you so much! I’ll have to repay you some other time.” Krystal was glad that Tiffany would give her Amber’s address. “ Oh I have to go now my manager is calling me.”

 

“Your welcome and go on ahead, Bye.”

 

“Bye.” Krystal replied.

 

Tiffany ended the call. “ Now, where were we?”

 


 

Amber arrived home to an empty apartment. “ He must have taken her out.”

She still couldn’t wrap her head around the fact that the younger girl manipulated her. If she would have known this before hand she would have just ended things, she would have done it quick too! All she had to do was let the girl keep walking, she could have parked a bit further and then when the time was right, she would snatch her and pull her into an ally. Amber could have just paralyzed the girl so that she wouldn’t feel her struggles and simply snap her neck. It would have been easy as counting one, two, three; but no, she just fell for the younger girls manipulative ways.

 

Amber sighed and walked to her room, she was exhausted after all she had to go through. ‘Maybe a nap will do the trick’ Amber thought as she slipped into her sleep attire. She then proceeded to lie on her bed and let sleep over come her.

 

Amber woke up by some knocking heard at the door; she grabbed her phone and checked the time. “ Seven, it must be Sooyoung, she must have left her keys here.” Amber stood up and walked toward the entrance. She opened the door without looking who was standing outside the door.

 

“Next time you forget your keys Sooyoung, I’m not opening that door,” Amber said as she walked toward the kitchen.

 

“Uhm…. Hi Amber.” The person stood at the door confused.

 

Amber stopped in her tracks and looked back towards the entrance. “Krystal?”

 

Krystal smiled awkwardly.

 

“ What are you doing here?” Amber wanted to get this over with and quick.

 

“ May I?” Krystal asked.

 

Amber nodded, “Come in, but please don’t make yourself at home.” Amber was still angry with the younger girl for manipulating her.

 

Krystal knew Amber was angry with her, she knew Amber was going to treat her this way. “ Can I sit on the couch?” she asked.

 

“Sure.” Amber said as she sat across Krystal.

 

“ Every thing I said… everything that happened, I wouldn’t take any of that back Amber. Everything I told you was true, I never once lied to you.” Krystal didn’t want to leave Amber until she knew everything.

 

“ Then why did you ask me to stay? Why didn’t you just ask your boyfriend? Why me?” Amber had questions and she needed answers.

 

“ We had just argued that night over the stupidest thing, I was angry at him and Sulli had asked me to go out with her to this club so I went with her. I just didn’t want to think about anything and just have fun. Was it so wrong of me to do that?”

 

Amber sighed, “ I’m going to guess that you two made up this morning?”

 

Krystal nodded.

 

“Still Krystal, it’s still unfair. Do you know what position you put me in? Do you know how uncomfortable I feel right now?”

 

Krystal bit her lip “ I know and I’m sorry, I was just… you make me feel… weird. You make me feel very weird Amber. You confuse me, a lot.” Krystal stood up and stood in front of Amber “ When we touch” Krystal grabbed Amber’s hand “ I don’t know how to explain it, but you make me feel different Amber. I have never felt this way and the weird thing about it is that I like it. I like it a lot and I know I shouldn’t” Krystal was confused; she hoped Amber would understand her.

 

“ You feel it too…” Amber whispered. ‘ If Krystal really does feel this way… then I am right, she is of our kind. I… I can save her.’

 

“ Oh thank god, I thought I was going crazy. I thought I was the only one who was feeling like this?” Krystal was relieved that Amber felt it too. “ But what does this mean? Amber?”

 

“ It means we’re lifemate’s”