Chapter 20

LifeMate

 

 

“Hey Yuri.” Sooyoung said as she walked into her cousin’s office and sat down in one of the chairs. “What did you want to talk about?”

 

Yuri gathered the files on her desk and stood up, “Not here. What I’m about to talk about with you is classified.” She grabbed the materials she needed and then looked at Sooyoung. “Come on.”

 

Sooyoung followed her cousin out the door and into the elevator. Yuri held the basement buttons pressed, the buttons then began to flash and she pushed two numbers and the elevator went down. “Yuri.”

 

Yuri looked at Sooyoung. “Yes?”

 

“You look like . You need to sleep.” Sooyoung placed her hand on Yuri’s shoulder “I’ll talk to Jessica don’t worry about it.”

 

Yuri smiled at her cousin, “Thanks Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung smiled, “She’s slowly remembering things.”

 

Yuri was surprised, “She is?”

 

Sooyoung nodded,” Yeah she remembered her sister’s name.”

 

“Sooyeon has a sister?” Yuri looked at Sooyoung as if she had grown two heads.

 

“Jessica didn’t tell you?” Sooyoung saw Yuri shake her head. ”Well apparently she has a sister named Krystal Jung Soojung.”

 

“Wait isn’t that-“

 

“Yeah… she is.”

 

“Wow…. Her little sister is famous. Wait… but Krystal’s human.”

 

Sooyoung shook her head and stuffed her hand in her pockets, ”No she’s not.”

 

“How?”

 

“That’s what I want to know but she is an Eonded. Jessica proved that for us already when she used her powers on her. I was actually pretty shocked but apparently Jessica had a sister and she never told us. Which gets me thinking why would she hide this from us. Of course with her having amnesia, I can’t get answers so we will all have to wait for the right time.”

 

“How did she meet her?”

 

“Krystal was Amber’s target. Apparently they are lifemate’s. Which reminds me, you have to get Krystal off of the human list and assign Amber a new target by next week.”

 

Yuri nodded, she was in deep thought but was then interrupted with her train of thought when the doors opened. Yuri stepped out into a hallway with many people working behind desks. A lot of the worker’s recognized both Yuri and Sooyoung and bid them a good morning in which both girls greeted them back.

 

Yuri walked down a few hallways and went through security check in order to get into a room where both Sooyoung and her could talk freely. “Have a seat while I start up the computer.”

 

Sooyoung took a seat out of the many chairs that were present. The meeting room was set up nicely to her liking, “When did you get this installed?”

 

Yuri looked up from the computer, “Few years back. Someone was trying to infiltrate us and after that I needed a place where I could hold classified meetings without having anyone disturb us.”

 

“Who designed it? By the way it’s set up, can I take a guess?” Sooyoung kept on examining the room.

 

“Shoot.” Yuri was typing on the computer as she listened to her cousin talk.

 

“Tiffany.” Sooyoung looked at Yuri, “Am I wrong?”

 

Yuri smiled, ”Nope, you’re correct. I had presented to Tiffany some ideas of what I wanted and she designed the rest. She said it was a challenge since it was out of her comfort zone but she was satisfied with the results.”

 

Sooyoung chuckled, ”Well she did a great job designing the room. I’ll have to give her props for it when I see her again.”

 

“Okay, I have the files.” Yuri then the projector to display the files on the computer. “Since you will be coming back into power I need to fill you in on some things.”

 

Sooyoung nodded and looked at the screen. She saw as Yuri had made her way to the board. “About a year and a half back we have been having some of our kind going missing.” Yuri had a small remote in her hand and pressed a button, it had activated a slide show and she skipped through a few slides. “All of them were our most elite as reaper’s, assassin’s, and law enforcers.”

 

“Did they all disappear around the same time or at different times?” Sooyoung recognized some of the faces that were displayed on the screen.

 

“All at different times. At first I thought it was a pattern since they were disappearing in a sequential order of month by month, but then I had three assassins’ disappear all in one day. So that thought was ruled out.” Yuri skipped a few more slides. “These are the locations where they were all last seen. As you can see there is no pattern. Everything happens anonymously, it’s like a game of chance. You either get picked or you don’t.”

 

“That’s why you were freaking out about Jessica leaving like that.”

 

Yuri nodded, “I had her in hiding because of that reason. When she came back out of the coma not only did she have amnesia but she also couldn’t stop time anymore. If it get’s out that she’s still alive then I don’t know if she will get targeted too”

 

“I’ll make sure not to keep her out of my sight.”

 

“Thanks Sooyoung.” Yuri sighed, “Now, back to where we were.” She switched slides again. “Recently, there had been some activity around this area containing high waves of power. I sent Hyoyeon, since she’s the quickest to escape, to go check it out and keep me up to date in what’s happening out there. So far those high waves have been kept to a low human level of power.”

 

“You haven’t been able to get a real location to where those waves of powers were emitted?”

 

Yuri shook her head, “No, Seohyun is working on that. I had sent her with Hyoyeon to investigate.”

 

“How about the people missing? How did they disappear?”

 

“We were actually able to get some footage from two reaper’s that disappeared.” Yuri skipped through some slides and stopped on a video. She then pressed play.

 

The video revealed of how the two reapers struggled to fight with two figures dressed in all black. “ From the looks of it, we can safely say that we have a male and a female kidnapping everyone. As you can see they happen to use powers that are alike to Amber’s shadow traveling except it seems as if they were to be using dark matter more.” She paused the video on the face of the male; his eyes had been glowing a neon purple. “Now this is where everything just throws me off.” She clicked pressed play and one second they had the assassin's in their hold the next they were gone.”

 

“Teleportation.”

 

“The last person to be able to teleport at great distances was your mother, who isn’t with us. We can safely guess that these two hold different types of powers.”

 

“Are you planning to reveal this out to the public?”

 

“There hasn’t been any activity in the past 5 months. I don’t want to rally up the public yet.”

 

“Good. “, Sooyoung nodded and tapped her fingers on the table before her, “ I want Amber to be pulled out as a reaper and train her to be quicker. Jessica needs to keep training on her powers; we need her to be able to stop time for long periods of times. Krystal is still new to all of this, we will have to put her through a special trainee program in order to get her to realize her powers since it seems that she still has not realized them yet. “ Sooyoung stood up, “Pull Hyoyeon and Seohyun back and send two others. I need Hyoyeon to train Krystal and have Seohyun work with Taeyeon to look into all of the bases and back up bases. Does Tiffany know about this?”

 

Yuri nodded, “She has been training lately. I also have a new batch of trainees coming in so Tiffany and Hyoyeon will be taking care of that. I had every agent in the other companies alerted so they know to contact me in case if anything does happen.”

 

“ Good. I’ll be training along side with Krystal. I have a feeling that Jessica hid her for a reason and I want to know why.”

 

Yuri nodded, “Are you going to inform Amber and Sooyeon?”

 

“Yes. I have a feeling that what ever was emitted in that location was only a taste of the power they hold. We need to be prepared just in case something does happen.”

 

“Well then, let’s call it a day.” Yuri went to the computer and turned everything off, “The lack of sleep is starting to get to me now.”

 

Sooyoung chuckled, “Yeah you should just get some rest. Go home Yuri. You look like a walking zombie.”

 

“I’ll just finish some paper work then I’ll go since I still have a meeting with one of our investor’s.”

 

Sooyoung nodded, “Good. Don’t over work yourself, it’s not healthy for you since you’re still young.”

 

Yuri snorted, “Look who’s talking.”

 

“You’re only older than me by like two months, get over yourself. Plus, I came of age before you so…” Sooyoung stuck her tongue out at Yuri.

 

Yuri rolled her eyes at her younger cousin’s childish behavior. “Whatever. Now come on lets get out of here.” The two cousins then made their way out and stepped back onto the elevator.

 

“Hey Yuri?””

 

Yuri looked at Sooyoung. “Yeah?” she then pushed the button to the first floor for Sooyoung to get off.

 

“Are you going tomorrow?”

 

Yuri sadly smiled, “Yes I am.”

 

“Could you take Jessica with you? I think she gained a memory or two of her.”

 

“Do you think she’ll want to come with me?”

 

“I’ll talk to her. Don’t worry, I’m pretty sure she will go.”

 

The doors then opened and Sooyoung stepped out. “I’ll see you later Yuri.”

 

Yuri nodded and closed the doors.

 

Sooyoung then made her way out and drove back home. She needed to talk to the other two.

 


 

“...Minho” Amber’s blood boiled when she saw a certain face sitting next to Krystal. She was not happy at all that she was dragged into this, but she didn’t blame Jessica since she knew nothing of this.

 

“Come on Amber, let’s go sit down.” Jessica sat down on one of the chairs and Amber followed.

 

Minho then greeted the both girls and they had returned the greetings. Although Amber had been forced to when she saw that Jessica had been glaring at her. Krystal on the other hand was shocked that Amber had come with her sister, she had remembered what Amber had said to her and immediately felt guilty.

 

Krystal could feel the tension being emitted by both Amber and Minho, so she decided to speak up, “Unnie, this is my boyfriend Minho. You may know him from a few drama’s he has filmed.”

 

“It’s a pleasure to be able to finally meet you. Krystal talked a lot about you.” Jessica smiled.

 

“ Likewise, I just hope she was able to talk about all of the good sides of me.” Minho showed his charming smile.

 

Amber had seen the way he was acting and immediately felt like barfing once she saw him smile. Even her guts did not like the guy, sure he had done nothing to her but every inch of her just didn’t like him.

 

“Hi! Would you like me to get your orders now?” the waiter had greeted them and her voice snapped Amber out of her thoughts.

 

“Suzy!”

 

Suzy looked at the person who had called her name, “Oh! Amber it’s nice seeing you here again. I see your girlfriend isn’t with you.”

 

Amber chuckled, “Oh that was not my girlfriend. The woman that you saw me sitting with was my sister Tiffany. I’m actually single and ready to mingle.” Amber winked and then charmingly smiled at the girl. She had felt Krystal’s eyes on her and Suzy, but did she care? No.

 

Suzy smiled at Amber once she had heard she was actually single, “ That’s really great to hear. Though I’m a bit surprised that you’re single, I just thought you would have been taken since you’re really handsome.”

 

“And a …” Krystal muttered under her breath.

 

“Did you say something babe?” Minho thought Krystal had said something.

 

Krystal shook her head, “ No, I’m just hungry.”

 

“I can get your order’s if you’re ready.” Suzy said and she then noted down their orders. Once they had ordered she finally took Amber’s order, “Would you like what you ordered the other day?”

 

“Yes please”

 

“With the extra bacon?” Suzy asked and she received a nod. “ Are you sure? That’s a lot of grease and fat.”

 

Amber chuckled, “You have already seen how my body looks like. Would you like to see another sneak peak?”

 

Suzy blushed, “I’ll go get your drinks.”

 

Amber laughed once Suzy left, she then composed herself when she heard Jessica’s voice “I see you’re very familiar with the waiter.”

 

Amber nodded, “ Suzy had waited both Tiffany and I the other day. That was when I had asked Tiffany to go with me and buy Krystal a new lipstick since I ruined it.”

 

“How did you ruin it?” Jessica asked.

 

“She wrote on my mirror with it.” Krystal had been glaring at Amber.

 

“Why would you use her lipstick to write on her mirror?” Jessica asked. She then saw how Amber smiled and looked at Krystal, almost as if the younger girl was mocking her sister. Jessica had then put two and two together and cleared . “Nevermind, don’t answer that. I don’t want to know anymore.” She then leaned into Amber’s ear and whispered, “ You will explain once we get home understood?”

 

Amber felt as cold chills made their way to her back, she quickly nodded out of fear for the older girl.

 

“So Minho since you have stared in a few drama’s, I’m betting that you’re quite the actor.” Jessica smiled at the younger boy. She tried to at least make conversation with him.

 

As Minho bragged about himself, Amber looked at the guy with a bored expression. Everything that Minho had said oozed out self-egotistical; Amber couldn’t believe Krystal dated this guy.

 

She then took a glance over to Krystal and saw that the younger girl had been looking at her, Krystal didn’t even turn away when she had seen that Amber saw her looking at her.  Amber looked into Krystal’s eyes; they looked as if Krystal had wanted to say something. Amber didn’t want to over analyze the situation and sighed, “Will you excuse me, I need to go to the restroom.”

 

Amber stood up and left, she didn’t wait for a reply from the others. She entered the restroom and leaned next to the door. She then saw as Krystal made her way in minutes later.

 

“What do you want?” Amber spoke up and startled Krystal a bit.

 

“Don’t do that.” Krystal sighed and then regained her composer “ Would you like to explain what that was all about?”

 

“I actually wouldn’t like to. Thank you very much.” Amber knew she was getting on Krystal’s nerves.

 

“Amber.” Krystal’s patience was running low, “… were you seriously flirting with that girl?”

 

“That girl has a name, it’s Suzy.”

 

“Just answer the question Amber!”

 

Amber stood up straight, “Why should I? When you already know the answer.” She then walked closer to Krystal. “Don’t tell me” she smirked, “Someone’s actually jealous!”

 

Krystal pushed amber but Amber caught her wrist, “You are aren’t you?”

 

Krystal released herself from Amber’s grasp, “I’m not.” She then walked toward the door, only to find herself being pushed up against the wall and trapped between Amber’s arm’s.

 

“Yes, you are…” Amber leaned in a bit to get a better view of Krystal’s eyes. “It’s written all over your face.”

 

“I told you already I’m not jealous.” Krystal tried to push Amber away from her but Amber leaned her body against her and pinned her arm’s up.

 

“ So you’re not jealous over the fact that Suzy had a quick glimpse of me? You wouldn’t jealous if I took her out on a date and then after the date things could escalate and I take her home with me? You wouldn’t get jealous over the fact that I take her to bed with me and make her-“

 

“Okay!” Krystal yelled before Amber could finish her sentence, “So maybe I am jealous!”

 

Amber smiled, “Maybe?”

 

“I am Jealous!” Krystal sighed, “Their happy? Is that what you wanted to hear?”

 

Amber leaned in closer to Krystal and Amber’s felt Krystal’s warmth as she hovered her lips. “…Very.”

 

Krystal closed her eyes and leaned in forward to feel Amber’s lips on hers but she felt nothing. She opened her eyes and saw Amber pushing herself off of Krystal. “Too bad we aren’t an item.” Amber then opened the door, but before she could step out she looked at Krystal once more, “You also have a boyfriend Krystal.” She then left leaving Krystal in her thoughts.

 

Once Amber made her way out she bumped into Suzy, “Oh crap, I’m so sorry Suzy.” Amber said as she helped Suzy get up. “Great… Now your uniform is all ruined because of me.”

 

“No. It’s fine Amber I should have watched where I was going.”  Suzy bent down to gather the spilt coffee mugs.

 

Amber saw Suzy bend down to gather the spilt cups so she decided to help, “You mean I should have watched where I was going. I really am sorry. Let me make it up for you.”

 

“And what do you have in mind?” Suzy stood up, and received the other cups from Amber.

 

“Let me take care of the dry cleaning for you and…”

 

“And?”

 

“… I was thinking… maybe we could go out on a date?” Amber shyly smiled.

 

Suzy smiled at Amber, “I would love to.” Suzy was then called by one of the other waiters. “ I um.... I have to go and help.”

 

“Of course.” Amber smiled as she saw Suzy leave to help the other waiter. She then walked back to the table and saw Krystal sitting down next to Minho eating her breakfast. Krystal looked angry; Amber wondered why but gave up once she heard her stomach complain.

 

“Sorry if I took long but I bumped into Suzy and spilt coffee on her by accident.” Amber said as she sat down.

 

The rest of the meal was filled in with small talk between both Jessica and Minho. Krystal seemed as if she was in a foul mood and Amber was bored out of her mind.

“Shall I get the bill?” Amber asked as soon as she saw everyone had finished his or her breakfast, she received a nod in response.

 

“Suzy!”

 

Suzy recognized the voice of the owner and walked up to Amber, “Would you like me to get the bill?”

 

“Yes, please.”

 

“Will it be individual or as a group?”

 

“Individual-“

 

“I’ll get mine paired up with my girlfriend and her sister’s.” he then turned to both Krystal and Jessica and smiled, “My treat.”

 

“Thank you” Jessica thanked Minho.

 

“Okay then give me a second while I go get them.” Suzy had gone to go get the bills and when she returned she gave both Amber and Minho their own bill.

 

Amber opened the bill and saw Suzy had written her number on her receipt, she smiled and pulled out the receipt as she stuffed it into her pocket. She then placed the correct amount of money inside with Suzy’s tip. “I’ll make sure to call you” she smiled at Suzy.

 

“I’ll be waiting.” She received both Amber’s and Minho’s bills and left.

 

Krystal had seen the scene before her, she then stood up, “Well it was nice eating breakfast with you unnie, and we should do this more often so that we can catch up on things.” Krystal hugged her sister.

 

“Just call me whenever you can Soojung. I’ll be more than glad too.” Jessica hugged her back.

 

“Well it was nice meeting the both of you.” Minho said to both Amber and Jessica. He then grabbed his girlfriend’s hand and bid them a farewell.

 

“I don’t like him.” Jessica said as soon as both Minho and Krystal left.

 

Amber felt as if her eyes almost popped out of her sockets, “Sure didn’t seem like it.”

 

“I at least have the decency to act polite in front of the people I don’t like unlike you.” Jessica glared at Amber.

 

“What? If I don’t like someone I’m not going to put the effort to show that I ‘like’ them.”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes, “Let’s just go home. You have a lot of explaining to do once we get home.”

 

Amber shivered as she felt the temperature go down and quickly followed the older girl. to say she was scared was an understatement.