Chapter 21

LifeMate

 

 

Amber opened the door unwillingly, she knew once she stepped inside she would get a lecture from the older girl. Woody greeted her and the dog then scurried away as soon as he sensed Jessica's mood.

 

"Sit", Jessica commanded the younger girl and she listened to her.

 

Amber fidgeted under Jessica's gaze; to say she was nervous was an understatement. She was worried as for her own well being.

 

" What were you doing at my sister's house?"

 

Amber cleared , " Krystal needed comforting so I stayed the night, but we didn't do anything. All we did was sleep." Amber spoke quickly so that Jessica would not interrupt her in the middle of her sentence.

 

"And the lipstick?"

 

" I wrote my number on her mirror because I couldn't find anything to write with or on"

 

Jessica glared at the younger girl; she wasn't about to let her off just like that. " Where did you sleep"

 

Amber squirmed in her seat; she didn't want to answer the question. She was already too scared to answer the older girl and she knew how Jessica would react if she told her. " I uh..." Amber gulped down the non-existing saliva in , and saw Jessica raise an eyebrow. " I slept in a bed" Amber didn't totally lie to the older girl, she just didn't tell her the whole truth.

 

Jessica stood up from her seat and stood in front of Amber, "A bed?"

 

Amber was quick to nod.

 

Jessica stood in front of Amber, "Which bed Amber? Because from the way you were smiling at my sister it was almost as if you were mocking her."

 

" I just smiled. What's wrong with me smiling?" Amber was panicking.

 

Jessica was starting to loose her patience and the temperature in the room dropped, " Just answer the question Amber."

 

"Which question?" Amber played dumb.

 

Jessica grabbed Amber by the collar, " Did you or did you not sleep with my sister!"

 

Amber felt her self being lifted up to Jessica's face, " Yes! I slept with her, but that's all we did. She wanted someone to sleep with since she missed you and I tried to comfort her. She even asked me if I could sleep with her and only sleep. We didn't do anything else. I swear, I didn't sleep with your sister the way you're thinking that I slept with her. I promise!"

 

Jessica released Amber, she was content with Amber's response. " I hear a different story from her and you're dead got it?"

 

Amber quickly nodded, "Understood"

 

Jessica then sat back down, " I understand that my sister likes you and you both are life-mates. Am I wrong?"

 

Amber shook her head, " No you're right."

 

" From what I have observed, you both are not on good terms at the moment, why?"

 

Amber cleared , " Krystal's confused, and I don't want to get too close to her because I don't want to have a false hope of what is really non existent."

 

Jessica nodded, she understood the younger girl. " Very well then, but you better not break my sister's heart because if you do... Then I won't hesitate to break you like a twig. Understood?"

 

Amber nodded." You don't have to say it twice."

 

Jessica sighed, " Look Amber, I know my sister is the one who has to choose whether she wants to break it off with her boyfriend or not, but if she does then I give you both my blessings. I just want to see her happy, and I don't want to see her cry or get hurt."

 

Amber smiled, " If Krystal does choose me over Minho then I'll try my best to make her happy. That I can promise."

 

Jessica smiled at the younger girl, " Thanks Amber."

 

" You don't have to thank me Jessica. I just want Krystal to be happy as much as you do."

 

The door then opened and Woody’s barking could be heard. " Whoa! Calm down boy. I just saw you not so long ago!"

 

“Oh! Hey you two, I just bought breakfast. Let’s eat! I’m starving.” Sooyoung said as she made her way to the kitchen.

 

“We just ate… but I think I still have room for more.” Amber got up from her seat and followed Sooyoung inside the kitchen.

 

“I’ll pass, my stomach can’t handle any more food. I’ll just be in my room if you need me.” Jessica said as she left up stairs.

 

Sooyoung stood up from her seat, “Jessica!”

 

“Yes?” Jessica stopped walking and looked back at Sooyoung.

 

“Um… I need to speak to the both of you soon over what Yuri and I talked about. I’ll knock at your door once we are done eating.”

 

“Oh, okay.” Jessica then began to ascend the stairs.

 

“Oh and Jessica?” Sooyoung received a hum from the older girl as she turned to look at her again. “Love you” Sooyoung smiled as she formed a heart with her hands and placed them over her own heart.

 

Jessica blushed at the gesture and made her way back up; she didn’t show Sooyoung the small smile that had crept up on her face as she made her way into her room.

 

“You never miss the opportunity to make her blush. Now do you?” Amber asked.

 

Sooyoung, who was busy trying to calm herself from her laughing fit, sat back down, “Why should I? I like to make her blush. I actually think it’s adorable that I can make the ice princess blush like that.” She then began to eat.

 

Amber laughed at the older girl's response.

 

“By the way, what did you two eat? I don’t see any dirty dishes. Did you eat out?”

 

Amber nodded and swallowed her food, “We ate at that one American café. Krystal had invited her and she invited me to come with her.”

 

“How did that go?”

 

“I got one of the waiter’s number. Her name is Suzy.”

 

Sooyoung looked at the stairs to make sure Jessica was not in the hearing range; she then leaned in toward Amber and whispered, “Is she at least pretty?”

 

 “Oh she’s pretty alright.” Amber smiled and Sooyoung knew what was coming up next.

 

“Pretty Hot!” they both screamed and laughed afterwards. Their laughs were then cut off when they felt the temperature of the room drop.

 

Sooyoung then scowled and slapped Amber on the head, “Look what you made me do stupid. You made Jessica get mad at me.”

 

“What? I did?  You were the one that yelled it along with me!” Amber rubbed on the spot where Sooyoung had hit her.

 

“Well you shouldn’t have hyped me up like that. You know that was my line before I got together with Jessica.”

 

“How did I hype you up? All I did was smile!”

 

“Exactly!”

 

“What! Now I can’t smile?” Amber threw her arms up exaggeratedly.

 

“When it comes to saying that… No!”

 

The door from Jessica’s room opened and the two shut their mouths. Sooyoung cleared , “We’ll be quiet.”

 

Jessica let out a huff of air, “Thank you.” She then shut the door.

 

The two then began to eat once more, “Way to go Amber.” Sooyoung muttered.

 

Amber opened to retort back a smart and witty answer, but she then decided to close it because she didn’t want Jessica to come down and kill the both of them. Amber was still too young and their had been many things she still wanted to do. Amber then sighed, “Whatever.”

 

Sooyoung then cleared , “So… how did you manage to get Suzy’s number without getting killed by Jessica?”

 

Amber poked at her food, “ …she actually tried to once we got home and I had to explain a lot of things to her.”

 

Sooyoung nodded and then softly tapped on the table to get Amber’s attention. Amber looked up and gave Sooyoung a questioning gaze. Sooyoung then pointed at herself and then at the stairs, she then made an X with her fingers signaling if she had told Jessica what they both spoke about the other day.  Amber understood what Sooyoung meant and shook her head saying no to the girl. Sooyoung then sighed, “Good.”

 

Amber then laughed at the older girl. “Scared huh?”

 

“She’s already mad at me… what do you expect?” Sooyoung whispered.

 

“True.” Amber then stood up, “Well I’m done, do you want me to get that for you?” Amber pointed at Sooyoung’s empty plate. Sooyoung nodded and gave Amber her plate.  “Thanks for the meal by the way.” Amber said as she washed the dishes.

 

Sooyoung was cleaning the table, “You’re welcome.”

 

Amber finished washing the dishes and dried her hands, “So what did you want to talk about?”

 

Sooyoung looked at Amber and shook her head, “Not here, meet me at my room. We’ll talk in there. I’ll go call Jessica.”

 

Amber nodded and made her way to Sooyoung’s room to wait for her.

 

Sooyoung cleaned the rest and then left to go call Jessica. She stopped in front of Jessica’s room and knocked on the door. “Jessica?”

 

A minute later the door opened, “You used to only knock on the door whenever I was mad at you. Right?”

 

Sooyoung smiled and stuck her hands in her pockets, “Maybe?”

 

Jessica rolled her eyes at the younger girl and walked past Sooyoung to her room. She was then stopped and embraced into a back hug by Sooyoung. “You do know I only have eyes for you…” She felt Sooyoung’s warm breath on her ear. “So you don’t have to get jealous over Suzy. I was just hyped up at the moment when I said that.”

 

 Jessica got out of Sooyoung’s embrace and proceeded to walk to her room. “Whatever.”

 

Sooyoung chucked at Jessica’s attempt to sound as if she didn’t care. She followed the older girl to her room and was greeted by Amber who was laying on her bed she then closed the door. “So, what did you want to talk about?” Amber said as she stood up from the bed.

 

Sooyoung made her way to her wardrobe and made it slide over to the side revealing two metallic doors. Sooyoung placed her hand on a scanner and another scanner came out to scan Sooyoung from head to toe. “Welcome Sooyoung.” The door’s then opened and revealed an elevator room.

 

“Whoa… when did you get this installed?” Amber asked as she stepped in.

 

Sooyoung waited for Jessica to step in first and then closed the doors. “Remember those 3 months you were gone.” Sooyoung pressed the button to go down and the elevator descended. She saw Amber give her a nod. "Well let's just say I had much to do while you were gone."