Chapter 1

LifeMate

 

 

 

BZZZ…….BZZZZ……...BZZZZ

 

“ I’m kind of busy right now”, a girl said to her phone as she tried to hold down a panicking man steadily.

 

“Busy doing what? Your roommate?” a voice laughed on the other line.

 

“Hilarious, now stop being a ert and tell me what you want.” The girl replied back to her erted boss as she held the guy below her the best she could.

 

“Fine. Fine. I have another assignment for you. Once finished with the current task, expect the next one at your apartment.”  The voice commented back once she had settled down from her laughing fit.

 

“Are you kidding me? Another one? Already?” the girl could not believe her ears.

 

“Miss… Miss, please! Please don’t! I don’t want to-“ the man was cut off with a hit to his head.

 

“ Shut it! I don’t want to hear another word come out of your mouth. Understood?” the girl threatened the said man as he cowered in fear.

 

“Whoa! Feisty! Just how I like my women!” the voice on the line said as she heard what had been going on.

 

“Taeyeon! I swear if I listen to another erted joke out of your mouth, I’m telling Tiffany on you!” the girl screamed at Taeyeon in annoyance.

 

“Okay. Okay. Okay. I promise I’ll stop. Geez, no need to get Tiffany into the conversation. You know she’ll have my running if you tell her.” The voice had finally settled down in hearing her partner’s name.

 

“ All the more reason to tell her. Hold on, Let me finish off this guy first, and then we'll continue our conversation.” The girl put her phone aside and took her jackknife out.

 

“ Miss! Please! I promise I won’t tell anyone if you let me go! I’ll make sure never to show my face around anywhere again.” The panicking man tried to free himself from her grasp but to no avail.

 

“Yah! Hold still. Look, as much as I don’t want to do this, I have to, it’s my job, and I’ll be as sure as dead if I don’t finish you off. Now hold still will you? I don’t want to make a mess!” the girl hit the man with the back of her jackknife right below his cerebellum and paralyzed him.

 

“ Finally, some peace and quiet. Now, I promise you this might just hurt a lot, so I can not guarantee that you won’t feel any pain.” The girl then opened the jackknife and slit the man’s throat. She then proceeded to clean her knife on the man’s shirt and took out a bottle that contained a blue substance. She unclogged it and soaked the man from head to toe, proceeding with taking out a match and lighting it.

 

“ I’m sorry.” She whispered as she tossed the match onto the body and the body burned to ashes in an instant.

 

“ Now where were we?” she picked up her phone, grabbed her bag and then proceeded to make her way out of the room.

 

“ You okay?” Taeyeon replied back to the said girl and received a long pause as an answer.

 

“ Amber?” Taeyeon was starting to get worried about her friend.

 

“ Yeah. I’m fine. I just wish I wasn’t condemned to do this type of job. It’s just hard for me when they squirm like he just did.” Amber sighed through the phone as she made her way out of the building.

 

“ I know what you mean, but just hang in there, maybe you’ll get lucky as me and get promoted into a higher ranking” Taeyeon tried to console Amber the best she could.

 

“ Thanks, Taeyeon. You’re the best.” Amber continued to walk toward her sleek black car and got in.

 

“ Anytime Amber. You know I’m here for you. Now, about that assignment.” Taeyeon tried to move on from the previous subject, and she earned a groan in response.

 

“ I know. I know. But look at the bright side; at least, this time around your target will be a woman, so that gives you a bit of time to get her in your bed and maybe have a quickie!” Taeyeon excitedly said to Amber as she tried to picture herself in Amber’s shoes.

 

“Yah! You ert! Get your head out of the gutter! And you know that I don’t kill girls! What the hell were you thinking in getting me this assignment, huh?” Amber yelled at Taeyeon.

 

“Whoa there. First of all, I don’t have my head in a gutter. My head is perfectly clean for your information. Second of all, this will help you! You know you have to move on Amber! You can’t always live in your past, and you know that very well. AND third of all, I did not get you this assignment; the President, herself, assigned this to you. So, you know I can’t reject anything from her. I would want to commit suicide if I did. Plus, look at the bright side; she gave you a week to complete this assignment, so you have plenty of time to get the job done.” Taeyeon tried to reason with Amber, hoping she could get through her thick skull of hers.

 

“ Fine. I’ll think about it. But, I think I’ll go out tonight before I take a look at my next target. Okay?” Amber then proceeded to turn on the engine and drove off to her apartment.

 

“ What! No invite? Do you know how long I have been wanting to go out to a club and get my hands on some nice round-”, Taeyeon was trying to picture herself at the club grinding with two other girls but was then cut off by Amber’s yelling.

 

“ I swear Taeyeon! If I hear you finish off that sentence, I am telling Tiffany on you!” Amber had been annoyed, by the fact, that Taeyeon could easily brush off her lifemate in a matter of minutes.

 

“ I’m just kidding! You know I wouldn’t do that to Tiffany. She is my lifemate for a reason you know. I mean sure I’ll mess around and say those types of things, but I don’t mean them.” Taeyeon had sat up from her current seat, as she got serious with Amber.

 

“ I mean it Taeyeon. You better not be messing with my sister like that, or else I’ll have you as my next target. “ Amber tried to threaten Taeyeon if she dared to get out of line with her older sister.

 

“ You can torture the living hell out of me Amber, trust me; I’ll try my best to avoid hurting her in any way possible. You have my word.” Taeyeon had not been this serious with anyone since she met Tiffany, and she was determined to stay steady with her. Even if it meant she had to give up so many things for her, then she would. She is committed to stay with Tiffany for a very, very long time.

 

“Fine. I’ll take your word on that. I’ll talk to you later; I’ll think about the assignment and get back to you by tomorrow.” Amber was speechless about Taeyeon's revaltion.

 

“Okay. Have fun getting laid tonight!” Taeyeon quickly ended the call after she teased Amber.

 

“Yah! Taeyeon! Taeyeon?”,  Amber looked at the screen of her phone and saw that Taeyeon ended the call on her.

“ I swear that woman has the nerve to tease me like that… Aish, note to self, remind me to tell Tiffany to have a shorter leash on her damn erted girlfriend.” Amber then proceeded to drive off to her apartment.