Chapter 18

LifeMate

 

Tiffany knocked on the door and didn’t get a response. She knocked once more and still Amber did not open the door.

 

“Maybe she’s asleep” Taeyeon spoke up before her girlfriend could knock on the door again.

 

Tiffany sighed and looked down on the doorknob, “Well I’m getting in one way or another.” She then looked at Taeyeon.

 

“Ppany no, we are invading your sister’s privacy.” Tiffany then pouted and Taeyeon looked away.  “Don’t pout Ppany, you know I can’t resist it.”

 

“Please Taetae?”

 

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany, who was still pouting, and sighed “Fine.”

 

Tiffany then smiled and pecked Taeyeon on the cheek. “Thanks Taetae!”

 

Taeyeon smiled and then hovered her hand over the doorknob; a clicking sound could be heard, as the door was unlocked. Taeyeon then smirked as she opened the door for Tiffany. “Lady’s first.” She received a light push on the shoulder by Tiffany.

 

“Stop being a dork.” Tiffany smiled at her girlfriend as she entered the room.

 

Amber, who was still lying in bed, let out a sigh “You know there is a reason to why I didn’t open the door.”

 

“Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.” Tiffany replied to her younger sisters statement.

 

Amber sat up and looked at the two girls, “You could say that.”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes and sat down next to her sister, “Sorry I didn’t call you.” She then looked at Taeyeon who was sitting on the couch across from the bed,  “Because someone forgot to mention that you wanted to speak with me.”

 

Taeyeon knew Tiffany was just trying to poke some fun out of her but she couldn’t help but pout, “ It slipped my mind and I told you after all didn’t I? Better late than never right?”

 

Amber just shrugged her shoulders.

 

Tiffany just sighed at her younger sister’s behavior, “Okay, tell me what’s wrong? Because I’m pretty sure it has nothing to do with me not calling you.”

 

Amber just shrugged her once more as she played with her sheets. Taeyeon had noticed that the girl was looking off.

 

“Is it Krystal? Did you talk to her? She asked me for your address because she was saying something about her screwing up.”

 

Before Tiffany could ask anymore questions Taeyeon spoke up. “Ppany”

 

Tiffany looked at looked at Taeyeon and Taeyeon just looked at Amber trying to signal to her to look at her younger sister. Tiffany took the hint and looked at her younger sister, she noticed tears “Amber? Oh god, are you crying?”  Tiffany stood from where she was and hugged her younger sister as she rubbed her back.

 

Taeyeon had stood from where she was sitting and sat next to the tomboy as she patted the girls back in a soothing way. “Did you get in a disagreement with Krystal?”

 

“Sort of.” Amber’s voice was barely audible.

 

“What happened?” Tiffany asked.

 

Amber stayed silent “Tiff.” Tiffany replied with a hum as she continued to soothingly the younger girls back, “Krystal has a boyfriend.”

 

Tiffany stopped her movement, “ Is that why you’re like this?”

 

Amber sighed and backed out of Tiffany’s hug, “I’m not going to claim her.”

 

“Because she has a boyfriend? What happened to you trying to save her?”

 

Amber shook her head; “ I don’t have to claim her anymore because we already have proof of her being an Eonded.”

 

“Care to explain?” Taeyeon asked.

 

“We found out that Jessica and Krystal are sisters.”

 

Both Taeyeon and Tiffany were left dumfounded, “They’re sisters!” Tiffany was the first to snap out shock.

 

“Really?” Taeyeon finally came back to her senses.

 

Amber nodded, “Yeah, Jessica used her powers on her and it didn’t affect Krystal. So there is no need for me to claim her if we have enough proof already.” She then wiped the tears stained on her cheeks with the back of her hand. “ I know it sounds stupid and I shouldn’t be giving up on my lifemate so easily but you have to understand in what position Krystal is putting me in.”

 

Tiffany sighed, “She’s confused isn’t she?” Amber just nodded  

 

“If you ask me, this is all a very simple matter.” Taeyeon pitied the younger girl.

 

Amber looked at Taeyeon with her brows furrowed, “How?”

 

“Before I say anything, let me just say that I love you as my sister in law and if you dare say anything to Jessica of what I’m about to tell you, then you better start digging your own grave also because I will come back for you after Jessica has finished me off.”

 

Amber looked at the shorter girl and was actually kind of scared, “Why do I get the feeling that I’m not going to like what you’re going to say next?”

 

Taeyeon let out her ahjumma laugh and patted her shoulder, “ Don’t worry it’s nothing too serious but if Jessica finds out then we are both dead.”

 

“Taetae just tell us already.”

 

“Just make her jealous, you know give her a taste of her own medicine.” Taeyeon shrugged.

 

“But I don’t want to hurt her.”

 

Tiffany knew where Taeyeon was going with this, though it may seem like a childish plan it sure was the most effective one. “Taetae’s right. If you don’t do it then you’ll never get any where with Krystal and she’ll be with that boyfriend of hers. But like seriously don’t hurt Krystal because if Jessica finds out then you’re screwed.”

 

“Fine, I’ll see what I’ll do. I just don’t want to hurt her.” Amber laid back down and got under the covers.

 

Tiffany hit the cover with her hand, “Yah! Get up already. It’s already to late for you to be moping around.”

 

“I’m sick. I have a fever so leave me alone.” Amber curled up into a ball.

 

Taeyeon chuckled at the girl and grabbed her girlfriend’s hand, “Come on Ppany, we should leave your mopping sister alone for now and let her decide what she will do.”

 

Tiffany looked at amber and sighed, “Get well Amber and try not to do to many stupid things okay?”

 

Amber poked her head out from underneath the covers, “ Learn to take your own advice Sis.”

 

Tiffany was about to lunge herself upon her younger sister to teach her a lesson but she was held back by her laughing girlfriend. Taeyeon hugged Tiffany and lifted her outside as she laughed at the sister’s, “Behave Amber.” Taeyeon then closed the door. She let go of her girlfriend and saw Tiffany pouting. Taeyeon chuckled at her girlfriend, “Stop being a big baby Ppany.” She kissed Tiffany and intertwined their hand. “Now come one let’s go. I’m pretty sure Jessica is asleep with Sooyoung so let’s just make our way out.”

 

Tiffany smiled and followed her girlfriend, “Taetae?” Taeyeon hummed in response, “I love you.” Taeyeon stopped walking and looked at her girlfriend, she then smiled. “I love you too.”

 


 

Sooyoung woke up and saw what she had missed every morning when she would wake up. She smiled and snuggled up against the other girl’s body. “I’m not letting you go that easily. Not this time.”

 

She traced the bridge of her lifemate’s nose down to her jaw, “ I missed you.” She kissed the girl’s forehead and then got out of bed. Sooyoung covered Jessica well with the covers and made her way down. She was greeted with a dog playing on ice. “Woody?”

 

The dog barked as he saw Sooyoung, he ran up to her and jumped. “Relax woody. So… you want to help me clean this mess?” woody put his tail down and ran for his life. “Yah! Lazy !” Sooyoung sighed and looked at the mess before her. “Yeah… I’m not cleaning this by hand.” Object’s started to move and they cleaned the mess before her, all of the ice that had formed was scraped off the walls and floors.

 

Sooyoung then headed to the kitchen to cook something for the other two, “Woody!”

 

Hearing his name being called, Woody walked over to Sooyoung and barked. “Go call your owner, it’s time for her to have her medicine again.” Sooyoung was cooking as she had told woody and the dog sniffed the air to get a better smell of what Sooyoung was making. “I might just give you some if you call her.” Barking could be heard as the dog left up stairs.

 

Minutes later a groggy girl came stomping downstairs, she saw Sooyoung and grunted as she sat down on one of the stools that were in front of the kitchen island. “I have a headache.” Amber put her head down on the counter.

 

Sooyoung chuckled and put a plate of food in front of the girl, “Eat first and then I’ll give you your medicine.”

 

Amber groaned as she lifted up her head and started to eat “I hate being sick.”

 

“I think we all do.” Sooyoung smiled as she took a seat next to the other girl, “I saw how you were kind of ignoring Krystal when we ate this morning. Are you going to play hard to get?”

 

Amber shrugged her shoulders as she continued to eat. “I just don’t want to have any type of false hope with her. I don’t want too end up hurting myself in the end if she ends up choosing Minho.”

 

Sooyoung shook her head as she leaned on the counter, “You’re being a coward Amber, if you don’t take the risk to open yourself up to her then you’ll never be able to claim her. If you keep on acting like this you’ll only end up losing her.”

 

“Then what should I do? Tiff and Taeyeon said that I should just make her jealous and give her a taste of her own medicine.”

 

Sooyoung laughed at the two older girls that gave Amber advice. “Yeah, you could do that but if Krystal get’s hurt you’ll have Jessica breathing down your neck.”

 

Amber whined, “Then what should I do!”

 

“Keep her close to you but do make her jealous, flirt with girls but don’t over do it. Just remember that Krystal is not yours and you are not hers. You are both able to date who ever you both want. Just don’t go around sleeping with girls to get back at her that will only drive the girl away from your arms and into Minho’s. You do not want that. So just go on dates but don’t make anyone your girlfriend.”

 

Amber was taking in what Sooyoung had advised her to do. “Okay I kind of get it.”

 

“ I said nothing to you about this. So don’t get me involve with this if Jessica finds out. Okay?”

 

Amber laughed at Sooyoung, “You’re still scared of Jessica?”

 

Sooyoung glared at Amber, “As if you’re not.”

 

Amber put her hands up, “I never said I’m not. Jessica is scary when she’s angry.” Amber shivered as she felt the chills go down her spine. She then finished her food and got up to put her dishes inside the sink. “Thanks Sooyoung for the food, I would say I ate well but I couldn’t taste crap, I think my taste buds are messed up.”

 

Sooyoung chuckled and stood up, “Just take your medicine and go back and rest some more”

 

Amber nodded and took her medicine; she then made her way back up to her room.

 

“Oh Amber.”

 

Amber looked back, “Yes?”

 

“Keep in mind about what I told you.”

 

Amber nodded and continued to her room.

 

Sooyoung felt woody scratch her leg, “I know relax I’m going.” She grabbed his bowl and put food in it. “Eat up” she said as she placed his food bowl next to his water bowl. She then went to the sink counter and started to clean the mess she had made and the dishes that Amber had just used.

 

As Sooyoung washed the dishes she felt a pair of arms wrap around her waist. “You’re up.”

 

“I started to feel cold and realized I was the only one in bed.” Jessica leaned her head on Sooyoung as she hugged her.

 

“I see someone missed me.” Sooyoung smirked as she continued to wash the dishes.

 

“Stop being full of yourself, I was just cold.” Jessica didn’t want to admit anything.

 

Sooyoung just chuckled at the shorter girl, “Stop lying to yourself I know you missed me. No one can resist me.”

 

Jessica pinched Sooyoung to shut her up; Sooyoung groaned in response “I see someone’s still as abusive as ever.”

 

“Shut it.”

 

Sooyoung laughed at Jessica and finished her last dish. She dried her hands and hugged Jessica back. “As much as I want to stay like this, we should eat. I’m starving.” As if on cue Sooyoung’s stomach growled.

 

Jessica giggled and let go of Sooyoung, “You haven’t ate?”

 

“I was waiting for you to wake up, I didn’t want to eat without you.”

 

Jessica walked to the kitchen island and sat down on one of the stools. “ That’s sweet of you. What about Amber?”

 

Sooyoung grabbed two plates and served their food. “She just ate not so long ago and went back up to rest some more.” She placed Jessica’s plate in front of her and sat down next to her.

 

Jessica took a bite and moaned, “ Did you always cook for us? This is so good.”

 

Sooyoung chuckled at Jessica’s response and nodded, “Yes, both you and Amber would be busy with the assignments so I cooked for you two.” Sooyoung took a bite out of her food and her stomach was satisfied with the taste. “Wow, I am a good cook. Maybe I should take up being a chef, I bet I can work for a five star restaurant.”

 

Jessica giggled and shoved the younger girl lightly, “What did I tell you about being so full of yourself. It’s good but not that good.”

 

Sooyoung laughed, ”I’m not being full of myself I’m just stating facts. Not only that but I’m also trying to hear that cute laugh of yours.”

 

Jessica blushed and pinched Sooyoung’s thigh.

 

Sooyoung groaned, “Someone’s being abusive again.” She rubbed the spot where Jessica had pinched her.

 

“Shut it.” Jessica’s skin was still flushed as glared at Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung chuckled as she put up her hands, “Fine. Fine. I’ll stop” She then cleared . “ So… are you going to talk to my cousin?” Sooyoung continued to eat.

 

“I’m angry at her at the moment.”

 

Sooyoung had a lop sided smile plastered on her face, “You should at least hear her out. I told you, she must have had a reason to why she didn’t tell you.”

 

“ You actually want me to reconcile with your cousin?”

 

“ I plan to win your heart fairly, I know I’m stupid for not taking this chance to make you dislike my cousin but it would be better to do this fairly. I don’t plan on cheating my way to your heart. If you fall for me then you’ll fall for the actions that I make, and I don’t want you to hate my cousin for the choices she made. Even though she did mess up, she is still part of my family. I think this would all be better if we stay on good terms.”

 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung and smiled, “ I can tell you have very high standards, I don’t think I fit in those standards.” Jessica’s smile faltered.

 

Sooyoung held Jessica’s hand, “ My standards are not high, and anyone can surpass them. You already did once.”

 

“Yeah but that was the old me, the one who remembers everything. Sooyoung… you do know that I’m not the same person I was months ago.”

 

Sooyoung stared at Jessica for a moment, “ I know and I’m willing to love you and love the old you. I’m not going to be able to love you the same way but I’ll learn to love again because it’s you.”

 

Jessica let go of Sooyoung’s hand and intertwined her own, she looked down to her hands, “What if I hurt you.”

 

“I’m willing to take that risk even if I do end up hurt. You are worth the risk Jessica.”

 

“ Am I really?”

 

Sooyoung smiled and patted her head, “If I get hurt in the end and someone asked me if your were still worth the risk I would say that I would take that risk all over again because you really are worth it.” Sooyoung chuckled as she scratched her temple in embarrassment, “I don’t know if that made sense”

 

“ I understand what you’re trying to say. Thank you Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung was confused, “What for?”

 

“For loving me, even though I’m not sure if I love you the same way back.”

 

Sooyoung smiled, “You’re welcome”

 

The two then proceeded to eat. The kitchen was filled with laughter as they ate and cleaned their mess. Sooyoung felt content with having Jessica by her side once more, she really had missed everything about the shorter girl. She really was willing to love the new Jessica even though it wasn’t the same, she knew the girl would recuperate her memories again and she was willing to wait.

 

The two had settled on watching a movie. Even though they had a disagreement on which movie they wanted to watch Sooyoung gave in at the end and let Jessica have it her way.

 

“ Sica.” Jessica hummed in response; she was engrossed with the movie they were currently watching.

 

“ What happened earlier? All I remember was snuggling up to something really warm that heated my body.”

 

Jessica’s expression changed as she remembered the way Sooyoung snuggled up against Tiffany. “ Tiffany and Taeyeon came over and Tiffany used her powers on you.”

 

“Ah… no wonder I felt so warm. No lie, Tiffany is so comfortable; she’s like an electric blanket. Taeyeon is so lucky to be able to sleep with her.”

 

Jessica had crossed her arms as she tried to block out Sooyoung’s voice, “ I’m trying to watch the movie Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung laughed, “You’re jealous aren’t you?”

 

“I’m not. There’s no reason for me to be jealous.”

 

“Yet you are.”

 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung. “I’m not.”

 

Sooyoung smirked, “Are so.”

 

“Am not.”

 

“Are so”

 

“Am not!”

 

Sooyoung leaned into Jessica’s face; she was merely an inch away from her. “Are so…”

 

Jessica felt Sooyoung’s warm breath; she then looked away as she felt her face heat up. “Fine. What if I am?”

 

Sooyoung chucked, she lifted Jessica and place her on her lap as she wrapped her arms around her waist so that the girl would not escape. Jessica squealed in surprise as she felt Sooyoung lift her onto her lap. “There’s nothing wrong with you being jealous. I don’t mind” she smiled as she noticed Jessica blush. Sooyoung chuckled a bit and kissed Jessica’s cheek, “Your cute when you blush.”

 

 Jessica felt the room warm up even more. “Whatever.” She received a chuckle once more and felt Sooyoung place her chin on her shoulder.

 

“I should take you home already. It’ll be getting late soon and you still need to talk with Yuri.”

 

Jessica sighed, “ You’re right.” Sooyoung let go of Jessica and Jessica stood up. Sooyoung then turned off the television and then grabbed the keys to her car. “Woody take care of Amber while I’m gone. I’ll be back soon and please stay away from the kitchen.”

 

Sooyoung heard Woody bark. “ I mean it Woody.” She then got a whine.

 

“Let’s go. I’ll take you in my car.” She said as she turned to Jessica.

 

They both made their way to Sooyoung's car and Sooyoung opened the passenger door for Jessica.  Jessica thanked Sooyoung and got into the car. Sooyoung closed the door and then got into the car. “My cousin’s house right?” Sooyoung asked and Jessica nodded. She then put the car into drive and drove to her next destination.

 

Sooyoung parked the car onto Yuri’s drive way. She saw Yuri coming out and stood out on the porch. Sooyoung then looked at Jessica and smiled, “Remember about what I said to you earlier.”

 

Jessica nodded.

 

Sooyoung held Jessica’s hand and kissed her palm. “I hope we can see each other again.”

 

Jessica smiled, “Give me your phone.”

 

Sooyoung complied with the older girl’s request. Jessica the phone and was surprised to see a picture of her and Sooyoung. The only difference was that she was blonde “ I had blonde hair?”

 

Sooyoung smiled, “Yeah you did. The password is your birth date.”

 

Jessica punched her birth date and the phone unlocked; she then put in her contact information and gave the phone back to Sooyoung. “Do you think you can show me old photo’s next time?”

 

Sooyoung nodded, “Anything for you.”

 

“Thank you”

 

“Your welcome. You should go now Yuri is waiting.”

 

Jessica held Sooyoung’s hand and gave it a light squeeze; “I’ll see you soon.” She then opened the door and stepped out.

 

Sooyoung waved at Jessica and Jessica waved back, she then looked at her cousin and gave her a nod, and she received one back.

 

Jessica saw Sooyoung drive back home. She turned to see Yuri and saw that the girl was smiling at her; she then walked up to Yuri “We need to talk”

 

“Of course.”