Chapter 25

LifeMate

 

Sooyoung ended the call and set her phone down. She then walked over to Jessica’s room and knocked on the door, “Jessica.” There was no response, “Jessica, open the door I want to talk to you.” Yet Jessica didn’t open the door, “Jessica, please open the door… Jessica… it’s about Yoona.”

 

Jessica finally opened the door to Sooyoung, “What about her?” She had her arms crossed. “Yuri’s going to visit her tomorrow, I just thought that you’d like to go with her and visit Yoona.” Jessica looked at Sooyoung for a moment and nodded. “Okay, I’ll call her soon.”

 

Jessica was about to close the door, but Sooyoung stopped it from closing. “Jessica I-“

 

“I don’t want to hear it Sooyoung.” Jessica looked at Sooyoung in the eyes, “I’m tired.” Sooyoung ignored her demands and pulled her into her embrace. “Past will always be past Jessica, but I want you as my future.” Sooyoung looked into Jessica’s eyes, “I don’t care about anyone that I have dated or have had a fling with. Trust me when I say that none of them compare to you. All I see is you in my eyes. There is no one but you.” Jessica looked into Sooyoung’s eyes and leaned in. Sooyoung responded to the kiss, she was just taking in that Jessica had initiated the kiss.

 

Jessica felt as Sooyoung guided her to her bed, but they did not break the kiss. She felt the longing and sincerity through that one kiss she had with Sooyoung. She didn’t know why, but she felt like reflect those feelings through that one kiss.

 

Sooyoung lifted Jessica up and placed her on the bed. She trailed small wet kisses down her neck, and nibbled and on Jessica’s sensitive spot. Jessica let out a small moan, but Sooyoung heard it loud and clear.

 

Sooyoung stopped for a moment and saw the mark she had made on Jessica. She looked into Jessica’s eyes and she saw lust, pure lust.

 

Jessica noticed Sooyoung’s hesitance of continuing, “Sooyoung?” Jessica cupped Sooyoung’s cheek, “What’s wrong?”

 

Sooyoung felt Jessica’s warmth and closed her eyes, “Not yet.” She opened her eyes and saw confusion written all over Jessica’s face. Sooyoung then switched their positions and laid Jessica on top of her and hugged Jessica.

 

Jessica looked up into Sooyoung's eyes, “ I don’t want to just have ; I want to make love. I’m not making another move on you like this until I know that you love me.”

 

Jessica paused for a moment and leaned in for a kiss, “Thank you Sooyoung.” Jessica saw Sooyoung's warm smile and replicated it. She then hugged the younger girl back.

 

Sooyoung knew that she had just lost her opportunity with Jessica, but it just didn’t feel right. What Jessica felt was lust not love, she needs to make Jessica love her first before they try to do something rash. She felt as Jessica snuggled into her and heard her breaths soften. Sooyoung then joined her in the dreamland; at last she wouldn’t sleep alone again.

 


 

Amber awoke to the smell of something smelling really good. She roamed her arm to the other side of the bed and felt nothing. She sat up and saw Krystal missing. She put two and two together and got out of bed.  Amber followed the aroma into the kitchen and was greeted by the sight of Krystal cooking,

 

“Good morning Amber.” Krystal noticed Amber standing by the counter and smiled at her.

 

“Morning.” Amber rubbed her eyes, “What time is it?”

 

“It’s seven thirty in the morning.” Krystal turned off the gas from the stove and grabbed two plates; she then served both herself and Amber breakfast. “ I hope your hungry.” Krystal placed Amber’s plate down in of her, “I’m starving actually. Thanks.” Amber immediately began to eat.

 

Krystal giggled as she watched the other girl eat, “You look like you haven’t eaten a thing in days.” Amber looked up from her food and swallowed her food, “Sooyoung's pulling me out of reaping duties, so I have to keep myself on a special diet for training.” Krystal furrowed her brows, “ Why?”

 

“Either Sooyoung or Jessica will tell you soon. Just wait and you’ll find out why.” Amber continued to eat and saw that Krystal hadn’t touched her food. She then let out a sigh, “Look, it’s not that I don’t want to tell you, but this stuff is kind of top secret and I am in no position to be telling you this stuff.”

 

“….But”

 

“There is no buts, you’ll just have to wait and be patient.” Amber saw as Krystal pouted and poked Krystal’s nose, “Even if you pout, I’m still not telling.” Krystal let out a huff and began to eat, “Fine.” Amber laughed at Krystal’s immature ways and that had seemed to annoy the younger girl, “Shut up stoopid.”

 

Amber stopped laughing, “Well isn’t someone cute when they get all annoyed.”

 

“I’m not annoyed.” Krystal didn’t dare look Amber in the eyes and continued to eat, “Your such a horrible liar. How are you an actress again?”

 

“Yah!” Krystal shouted at Amber, “I’ll have you know that I can easily fool anyone!”

 

“…So your actually admitting that you just lied to me right now.” Krystal rolled her eyes at the tomboy, “Whatever.” Amber smiled and finished her food, “Thanks for breakfast Krystal. I ate well. I’d love to stay, but I have someone waiting for me.”

 

Krystal saw as Amber discarded the dirty dishes in the sink, “Who?”

 

“Why’d you like to know?” Amber smirked, “Fine. Don’t tell me.” Krystal muttered and kept on eating. She then felt a presence next to her ear and a kiss on her cheek, “Your cute when you’re jealous.” Krystal ignored Amber and blushed.

 

Amber smiled, “I’ll see you later Krystal, I have training with my trainer.” Amber emphasized the last word to her sentence as she grabbed her stuff and made her way out the door. Krystal mentally smacked herself for being such an idiot.

 


 

Amber stepped into the apartment and saw Jessica making breakfast, “Hey Jess.” Jessica looked up from what she was doing and greeted the younger girl, “Hey Amber. Where were you?” Amber leaned on the counter, “I was at your sister’s house. She wanted me to stay over. Since when did you learn to cook?”

 

“ Some time ago. Any progress with my sister?” Amber gave Jessica a weak smile, “ I feel like I’ll never be able to make progress with her.” Jessica stopped what she was doing for a moment, “I doubt that. I’ve talked to her a few times and from the way she talks I have a feeling that you’ve made more progress than you think.”

 

“Really?” Amber looked at Jessica with hopeful eyes, “Yeah, just give it time Amber. You can’t rush things no matter how badly you want them.” Amber thought about what Jessica had just told her and nodded, “How about you and Sooyoung?”

 

Jessica turned off the stove and placed the dirty dishes that she had just used in the sink, “ I don’t know, maybe I’ll have some what of an answer when I come back.”

 

“Where are you going?” Amber asked and Jessica took off her apron, “I’m going to go visit Yoona with Yuri.”

 

“Oh…” Amber stayed quiet and Jessica noticed it, “Is something wrong Amber?” Amber shook her head in response, “None. I’m going to go and get ready. I’ll be in my room.”

 

“Wait! Don’t you want to eat?” Amber stopped walking and looked back at Jessica, “Oh I already ate at your sister house. Thanks for asking either way.” Jessica watched as Amber made her way up to her room. She served both her and Sooyoung food and placed them on the table.

 

Jessica then walked up to her room and saw a sleeping Sooyoung still asleep. She quietly sat on the edge of the bed and shook Sooyoung's arm gently, “Sooyoung wake up.”

 

Sooyoung felt something shaking her and she slightly opened one of her eyes. She noticed Jessica sitting up right on the bed and she let out a yawn as she stretched her body, “That’s weird.”

 

“What’s weird?” Jessica asked

 

“Your up early.” Sooyoung sat up and sniffed the air, “And you made food without freezing the apartment.”

 

“You make it sound like I was a horrible cook.” Jessica furrowed her brows, “Because you were, but I like this. I think I could start liking this whole new waking up early and cooking Jessica.” Sooyoung like out a grin and received a pinch on her arm. “Abusive Sica.”

 

“Hurry up and freshen up. Breakfasts ready.” Jessica was about to get up but was brought down once more and felt a pair of lips make contact with hers. “ Thanks, I really appreciate it Sica.” Jessica muttered a quick “Your welcome” and to the kitchen.

 

Sooyoung let out a soft chuckle when she saw Jessica’s flushed skin. She quickly got out of bed and freshened up. She then walked down stairs and was greeted by a dog with a bowl in his mouth. “Hungry Woody?” The dog wagged his tail in response and Sooyoung took the bowl out of his mouth, “Come on, and let’s go feed you.” Woody barked and followed Sooyoung. The girl poured food in his bowl and placed the bowl in front of the dog. Woody was happy that the girl was in a good mood; usually the girl would make some type of remark before she would feed him.

 

Sooyoung patted the dog’s head as he ate, “Eat well woody.” Sooyoung then walked over to the kitchen and saw Jessica pouring them milk, “What took you so long?”

 

“I fed Woody.” Sooyoung then looked at the food, “I really hope the food tastes as good as it looks.” Sooyoung mouth watered as she saw the food, “Fine, if you keep on doubting my cooking my skills then I’ll leave you in doubt.” Jessica grabbed Sooyoung's plate but was stopped immediately by Sooyoung, “No wait! What I meant to say was that the food looks as good as it would taste.” She then quickly grabbed a piece and ate it, “Very delicious indeed.” Sooyoung then let out a toothy grin.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes at Sooyoung and placed her plate down, “Just eat your food Sooyoung.” Sooyoung quickly sat down and began to eat, “I’m serious about the food tasting great Sica. It really is delicious.” Jessica smiled at Sooyoung's compliment, “Thanks Sooyoung.” She then joined Sooyoung and ate.

 

Once they were done eating, Sooyoung volunteered to clean the mess since Jessica had cooked, “Fine, but if you need me I’ll be in my room getting ready for when Yuri picks me up.” Sooyoung nodded and began to clean.

 

Minutes later Amber came down and greeted Sooyoung, “Morning Sooyoung.” She turned her head a bit to get a view of Amber, “Morning. When did you get here?” Sooyoung asked, as she continued washing the dishes, “Not too long ago I think you were still asleep. I’ll see you later I’m going to head out and train.”

 

“Wait for me would you? Jessica’s leaving soon and I don’t want to be stuck here all day.” Amber nodded and sat down, “fine just hurry up.” Amber then heard the doorbell ring and Woody barked. “I’ll get it.” Amber said and got up to open the door.

 

“Yuri.” Amber said as she opened the door, “Hey Amber.” Amber stepped aside to let Yuri come in, “Come on in and have a seat.” Yuri stepped in, “Thanks.” She sat down next to where Amber was seated and was greeted by her cousin, “Hey Yuri.”

 

“Hey. Is Jessica still getting ready?” Yuri made herself comfortable, “Yeah, I’ll go let her know that you’re here already.” Sooyoung dried her hands and left up stairs.

 

Yuri noticed Amber sit next to her, “Has Sooyoung told you two about what I talked to her about?” Amber nodded, “I’m going to go train and Sooyoung's coming along.” Yuri nodded, “I’ll join you two once we get back.”

 

“Hey Yuri?” Amber asked, “What’s up?” Amber scratched her temple, “Uh can you tell Yoona I said hi and that I’ll visit her soon?” Yuri smiled, “Of course, I’m sure she’ll be glad to know that you’ll visit her soon.” Amber smiled, “Thanks.”

 

They both then looked up to the stairs as they heard a loud dolphin scream.

 

“Get out Sooyoung!”

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to see anything but you should have locked the door!”

 

“Sooyoung I said get out!”

 

“Yah! Stop throwing things at me! It’s not like I haven’t seen you before!”

 

There was then a long pause and they heard another scream, but this time it wasn’t Jessica who screamed. “I’m out! I’m out!”

 

“By the way, Yuri’s here.”

 

“Out!” Both Yuri and Amber then heard a door being slammed and saw a distressed Sooyoung greet them, “She’ll be down in a minute.” Both Amber and Yuri struggled to not laugh as they witnessed Sooyoung before them. “Oh come on just laugh it up guys.” They both then busted out laughing.

 

“You should really take a look in the mirror Sooyoung.” Amber said between her laughs. Sooyoung took out her phone and checked herself. She let out a sigh and fixed herself up, “Alright that’s enough from you two. Let’s go Amber. I’ll see you later Yuri. Take care of Jessica.”

 

“Yeah of course Sooyoung.” Yuri watched as both Sooyoung and Amber left.

 

Minutes later Jessica came down, “Where’s Sooyoung and Amber?” Jessica looked around and saw neither of them, “They went to go train. Shall we get going?” Jessica nodded and they both left the apartment.

 

Meanwhile, a dog sat down with a leash in his mouth. He let out a sigh and lied down in front of the door hoping that one of them would return soon.

 


 

“Quicker Amber!” Sooyoung yelled as she watched Amber and Hyoyeon fight, She saw as Amber tried to keep up with Hyoyeon’s quickness. “Alright times up!” Sooyoung yelled and Amber dropped. She was deadbeat tired from trying to keep up with Hyoyeon's attacks, “… Are they really that fast?” Amber wiped some of her sweat with the bottom of her shirt.

 

“They’re just as fast as her, so you better keep yourself on guard.” Sooyoung said and then reached her arm out to Amber. Amber gladly accepted Sooyoung's hand and stood up, “Go get some water. I’ll train with her for a bit.” Amber nodded and walked to her stuff. She grabbed her water and watched as Sooyoung tried to keep up with Hyoyeon.

 

Minutes later she noticed Yuri stepping in dressed up and ready to train, “Hey Amber.”

 

“Hey Yuri. Where’s Sooyeon?” Amber asked as she watched the fight before her, “I dropped her off at the apartment. She said that she would go to her sister’s house from there.” Amber nodded and noticed Sooyoung call a break.

 

“Hey Yuri.” Sooyoung said as she walked up to Amber and Yuri, “Hey.” Hyoyeon followed Sooyoung and greeted Yuri. Yuri greeted the girl and then looked at Amber, “Want to test out your strength with me while they’re on their break?” Amber nodded and the two got ready to fight.

 

Sooyoung took out her phone and called Jessica, “Do you know who greeted me when I first opened the door?” Jessica didn’t let her say hi or anything.

 

“Who?” Sooyoung was a bit worried.

 

“Your dog and he had his leash in his mouth. I felt sorry for him so I brought him with me to my sister’s house.”

 

“Ahh… right… his walk…” Sooyoung felt a bit guilty. Tell him I’ll bring him a special treat once I get home.”

 

“You heard that Woody?” Sooyoung heard a bark and she let out a grin.

 

“I’m really sorry Woody. I’ll take you out for a walk next time.” Sooyoung then heard a whine, “I know. I know I’m sorry okay? Can you forgive me?” Sooyoung then heard a bark and she laughed. “Thanks boy.”

 

“He really is special.”

 

“Is that Krystal?” Sooyoung asked.

 

“Hi Sooyoung.”

 

“Yeah I have you on speaker.”

 

“Oh… hi Krystal.”

 

“So why’d you call?”

 

“Oh I was just checking up on you. I just wanted to make sure you made it to your sister’s safely.”

 

Jessica smiled, “Well I think you got your answer.”

 

“Yeah I guess I did… well I’ll see you later Sica.”

 

“Bye Sooyoung.”

 

“Oh and Jessica?”

 

“Yes Sooyoung?”

 

“You still look as beautiful as I last saw you.” Sooyoung quickly ended the call and grinned like a fool.

 

“I’m going to guess that was Jessica you were talking to.” Sooyoung heard Hyoyeon and turned to see her drinking some water, “How do you?”

 

“I trained with her a few times. Sorry if I didn’t tell you but Yuri strictly forbid it.” Sooyoung understood and nodded, “It’s okay. You were just following orders.”

 

They both watched as Amber dodged Yuri’s attacks, “Stop dodging Amber! Don’t be afraid of counter attacking!” Sooyoung yelled and she then watched as Amber listened to her. Though Amber was having a hard time, she stood her ground.

 

Amber managed to keep up with Yuri’s strength for a moment, but she then found herself lying on her back and a fist barely hovering above her face, “Nice job Amber, but you need to hit the gym and do a bit of weight lifting.” Yuri helped Amber on her feet and Amber nodded. “Yeah, of course.” Amber was panting a bit.

 

They both then walked over to Sooyoung and Hyoyeon. Sooyoung handed Amber her water and Amber gladly received it, “Thanks.” Amber said before she took a drink, “Your welcome. You did well out there, just work on your speed and strength a bit more.” Amber nodded, “Yeah I’ll hit the gym after this.”

 

Sooyoung nodded, “Let’s go for a round or two Yuri.” Yuri put down her bottle and nodded, “Sure, but don’t expect me to go easy on you.”

 

“Then that means I don’t have to hold back either.”

 


 

“Are you sure you don’t have an answer yet? Look at you, your blushing Unnie.” Krystal giggled as she saw her sister turn beet red from Sooyoung’s last reply.

 

“Shut up Soojung.” That made Krystal laugh harder, “You know what? I have a feeling that in the end you’ll end up with Sooyoung. I mean look at you, you blush like a high school girl and you won’t stop talking about her either.”

 

Krystal noticed her sister became quiet, “You know what Soojung? I have a feeling I will too….”