Chapter 4

LifeMate

 As soon as Amber had left the apartment, Sooyoung let out a sigh.

 

Amber had almost said her name. Even after ten months Sooyoung couldn’t forget her past lover, her lifemate, and she would be lying if she said she wasn’t hurting. It still hurt her when she remembered a certain blond.

 

Scratching could be heard at her door, it then opened and revealed a small spotted dog. The dog wagged his tail and jumped on the bed. He then snuggled up against Sooyoung.

 

“Do you miss her too woody?” Sooyoung asked the dog and she got a whimper in response.

 

“Yeah, me too. I miss her so much.” Sooyoung turned off the television and patted the dog’s head.

 

“ You know Woody. I sometimes just want to give up already; I don’t want to live this life with out her boy. It’s too lonely and empty with out her here with me. I miss her so much, I even miss her dolphin screams that would burst my eardrums, and that says something. I think I’m going crazy Woody; I fell too hard for her boy. I just…” Sooyoung broke down into tears.

 

Woody then stood up and started to try and Sooyoung's tears away while whimpering.

 

Sooyoung let out a halfhearted laugh.

 

“ I’m fine boy. You can stop me already.” Sooyoung said as she wiped away her tears. Woody then barked and wagged his tail at her.

 

“Thanks. You’re the best boy.” She patted him. “Let’s see what’s on the radio so that I can lift up my mood. Yeah?” Sooyoung got the remote to her surround system and turned it on to Pandora.

 

‘What use is life to me, if I don't live with you~’ Sooyoung changes the song. “Next!”

 

‘Everything changed when you left, my life dulled to black and whites as I changed. ~’ Sooyoung looked at her surround system and changed the song once more. “ I swear if I hear one more song…”

 

‘I discovered my faith in your illusion, my soul recognized your voice, and there, my heart left with you. ~’

 

“That’s It!” Sooyoung turned off the system and stood up. As Sooyoung made her way out of her room, she heard the doorbell.

 

“ Thank god. He’s finally here.”  Sooyoung then grabbed her wallet and opened the door.

 

“ Hi, 2 medium deluxe pizza’s, right?” the man said as he held up the cardboard boxes.

 

“ Yes, how much will it be?” Sooyoung said as she took out her wallet.

 

“That will be $9.98 please.” The man said. Sooyoung pulled out a ten and gave it to the man.

 

“ Keep the change.” The man then gave Sooyoung her pizza and received the bill.

 

“Thanks.” They both said at the same time. Sooyoung then awkwardly smiled.

 

“Have a nice day.” The man then left.

 

Sooyoung closed the door and brought the boxes over to the kitchen table. “That was awkward.” She was then startled by a bark.

 

“Yah! You scared me! Don’t do that again!” Sooyoung scolded woody and he put his ears down while lying on his back.

 

“ Here you can have two slices. Just don’t tell your owner I fed you pizza or else she’ll kill me. Understood?” Sooyoung asked woody and got a bark in response. She then put two slices of pizza in his bowl.

 

“ I am so hungry!” she then proceeded to grab herself a box and brought it with her to the living room as she the television. She placed the box on the counter and ate a slice.

 

“ I seriously need to get a life and a new one that’s for sure.”

 

“ A car was found at the bottom of the cliff. Unfortunately there were no survivors, all this and more at 10.” The lady on the television said. Sooyoung looked at the television.

 


 

* Flashback *

 

Amber came back home badly wounded.

 

“Sooyoung.” Amber tried to scream for her roommate’s name.

 

“Amber? Oh my god! Are you okay? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?” Sooyoung tried to support the younger girl.

 

“I’m… I’m so sorry Sooyoung… I’m so sorry.” Amber was in tears.

 

“ Why are you sorry Amber? Why are you apologizing to me? Amber? What’s wrong?” Sooyoung said as she grabbed Amber’s shoulders.

 

“I… I’m so sorry Sooyoung. It’s my entire fault. She… she… I’m so sorry Sooyoung.” Amber fell to her knees as she cried.

 

“ No. No! She…she isn’t. Please Amber. Please tell me she isn’t gone... Amber!” Sooyoung didn’t want to believe her ears. Her lifemate wasn’t gone, it wasn’t possible., she wouldn’t give into this lie.

 

Amber just brought up her knees to her chest and cried.

 

‘ You’re my lifemate for a reason Sooyoung. You know I’ll never leave you, your just going to have to trust me with my job. I know it will be hard but please’

 

Sooyoung’s vision was starting to blur.

 

‘ I love you. I love you more than my own life to ever hurt you in any way possible.’

 

Sooyoung went to her room and dialed a number.

 

‘ As cheesy as this sounds Sooyoung, if you live to be 100, I want to live a 100 minus one day, because I wouldn’t want to live a day with out you. Even if we are both all old and wrinkly.’

 

The call went straight to the callers voice mail.

 

“Please. No” Sooyoung started to cry.

 

‘ I know you worry about me all the time, but I won’t leave you Sooyoung. It’s too early for my time to leave you.’

 

‘ Sooyoung! That was my food! I swear I feel like sometimes you love food more than me.’

 

‘ Hey Sooyoung? I have a gift for you. It’s in your room actually, but don’t open it yet. Wait till I’m gone and then tell me your answer when I get back okay?’

 

Sooyoung opened a box and pulled out two engagement rings.  She then threw the box across the room and cried harder.

 

“No!!!!”

 

* End of Flashback *

 


 

The sound of barking brought Sooyoung back to reality. She looked down at woody and gave him another slice of pizza to shut him up. She then left to her room.

 

Sooyoung walked to her wardrobe and pulled out a box. She opened it and in it revealed two rings.

 

“ I was supposed to say yes. You were supposed to come back to me. We were supposed to get married and grow old and wrinkly just like you promised.”

 Sooyoung then put the small box down and picked up a picture of her and her lifemate.

 

“ I miss you so much Jessica.”