Chapter 19

LifeMate

“Of course.” Yuri followed Jessica as they entered the house. Jessica settled herself down onto the couch and Yuri sat next to her. “ From the way you are behaving, I can tell that you’re pretty angry with me at the moment…. Am I wrong Sooyeon?”

 

Jessica was not looking at Yuri she had her focus on her intertwined hands, “Why didn’t you tell me anything about Sooyoung.”

 

Yuri sighed, “Sooyoung told you everything about you claiming her and you two were once together before right?”

 

Jessica nodded.

 

“I was going to tell her, I really was, but when I saw you hooked up to that breathing machine that kept you alive, I just couldn’t. “ Yuri leaned forward and looked down at her shoes “So many memories of you crying or telling me about the argument you had with Sooyoung just kept on popping up into my head. Each time I tried to dial Sooyoung's number, I would hear you cry, telling me about how hurt you were.” Yuri intertwined her hands and played with her thumbs “When you first awoke, I was actually going to tell Sooyoung. I had the phone ready to dial her number but I stopped myself once you kept on asking who we were and where you were. It was when I realized you had lost your memories and I thought that maybe just maybe it could finally be me.”

 

“That was selfish of you.”

 

Yuri smiled at her self, “ I know. I fought with myself that same night contemplatingon whether if I should just tell you or if I shouldn’t. I had made up my mind by the morning and went to go visit you. When I entered your room you kept on mumbling “Sooyeon”. You then tossed and turned as if you were in a nightmare and I went to you and tried to wake you up. When you finally did, your eyes opened and they mesmerized me, but that wasn’t the only thing that caught me off guard. It was when I felt you, I was finally able to feel what I had dreamt of feeling every time I had hugged youevery time I had wiped away those wet tears streaming down your face.”

 

“That was when you had told me that my name was Sooyeon and had told me that we were lifemate’s”

 

Yuri nodded. “Yeah”

 

Jessica’s vision blurred, “So you took advantage of me?”

 

“No!” Yuri stood from her seat “ I mean… “ Yuri sighed, “I never meant to hurt you Sooyeon. Not once did it cross my mind of the thought of me hurting you. I just wanted to protect you.”

 

“Of what? Wait, don’t answer that.” Jessica stood, “ I didn’t word it properly, I meant who? Sooyoung?” Jessica was hurt, she was hurt by the fact that Yuri had hid all of this away from her. She still couldn’t process the fact that Yuri had betrayed her like that. She had felt as her tears ran down her cheeks but she did not dare wipe them away. She wanted to show Yuri that she was deeply hurt by the latter.

 

“To a point yes! Sooyeon she hurt you!” Yuri saw Jessica’s tears fall, “Please don’t cry for her again.” Yuri stepped closer to Jessica. “I can’t stand seeing you cry anymore. I promised myself not to let you cry again because of her.”

 

Jessica took a step back each time Yuri took a step closer to her, luck was not on her side and she felt herself come to a stop when she bumped her back onto a wall. “Don’t…” she held her hand in front of Yuri to prevent her from stepping any closer, “Don’t come any closer to me. Not when you have hurt me like this.”

 

“Sooyeon…” Jessica’s words hurt Yuri deeply. She had felt as if she was stabbed by a million knifes repeatedly. “I’m sorry. Please understand that I only did this to protect you. I did it to keep you from hurting. I was trying to look out for you.” Yuri stepped closer to Jessica and wiped away a falling tear “Trust me when I say I love you too much to ever hurt you intentionally. “

 

Jessica felt as more tears fell, “That still doesn’t change the fact that you hid everything from me.” She pushed Yuri lightly and walked away from her.

 

“Sooyeon…” Yuri tried to grab Jessica by the wrist but failed to do so.” Sooyeon!” Yuri followed the older girl to her room and was met with a door being shut on her face. “Sooyeon!” Yuri tried to open the door but it was locked. “Sooyeon open the door!” Yuri knocked on the door repeatedly but Jessica was not opening the door. “ Sooyeon please! Open the door. I’m sorry I-“ Yuri was cut off when the door opened and revealed Jessica with a bag in her hand. “ Sooyeon… why do you have that bag?”

 

“ Don’t call or look for me. I need some time to think.” Jessica made her way through Yuri.

 

Yuri caught Jessica’s wrist and held her back, she couldn’t let the girl go, she couldn’t bare the thought of not knowing where she would be. “Sooyeon I-“ Yuri was interrupted once more.

 

“Don’t…” Jessica freed herself from Yuri’s grasp. “Please don’t” She then made her way to the exit of the house. She didn’t know where she was heading off to, all she knew was that she wanted to get away from Yuri. She needed some space and staying in the same house as her would not help at all.

 

As Jessica walked away from the house she had wished she knew someone, but because she was usually in training or resting at the house, she didn’t. She cursed herself and she cursed Yuri. She took out her phone and went through her contact's list.

 

 ‘Soojung’

 

 Jessica then disputed with herself on whether she should call her younger sister or not. As she kept on walking and arguing with herself in her mind a car parked right next to her. She looked at the car and didn’t recognize it; she then readied herself for any possible situation.

 

 “Jessica!”

 

Jessica recognized the voice and when the person came out of the car and stood before her. She couldn’t be any more relieved it was Sooyoung. “ Sooyoung.” She was engulfed by a hug. “What are you doing here?”

 

Sooyoung chuckled, “The real question is what are you doing here walking aimlessly through the dark streets like this. I know you can defend yourself but that still doesn’t make someone not worry about you.”

 

Jessica felt her body tensed, “ Yuri.”

 

Sooyoung pulled away from the hug, “Don’t be mad at her, she was just worried about you. I wouldn’t blame her. Now come on, stay at my apartment for the night and tomorrow you can decide if you want to stay or if you would rather go some place else.” Sooyoung grabbed her bag “ Though I really do hope you stay with us” She smiled at Jessica and the latter just blushed as she nodded.

 

They both made there way into the car and Sooyoung drove off to her apartment.” Whose car is this?”

 

Sooyoung glanced at Jessica and smiled, “It’s Amber’s. Her car was the nearest to me and I took it once Yuri notified me about you.” Sooyoung gripped the wheel a bit tighter. “ You know, you can always call me if you ever need anyone.” Sooyoung’s right hand let go of the wheel and grabbed Jessica’s hand. “I mean it Jessica. “

 

Jessica heard Sooyoung's serious tone, she then looked at Sooyoung and nodded. “Thank you Sooyoung…” She looked at their intertwined hands and smiled “ For everything.”

 

“Like I’ve said anything for you.” Sooyoung smiled and parked the car. “Come on, let’s get you settled in for now.” She got out of the car and grabbed Jessica’s bag. They both made their way up to the apartment and were greeted by an overly excited dog.

 

“Woody! No! Down boy.” Sooyoung said as she tried to make her way into the apartment. The dog then listened and let them be. “Come on, I’m betting you want some privacy for now. You can stay in your old room.”

 

Jessica followed Sooyoung, “I have a room?”

 

Sooyoung who was walking upstairs stopped, “Yeah… I thought I told you…” she tried to think back and came up empty handed. “ Or maybe I didn’t… either way it’s that room over there” Sooyoung pointed at the door and continued walking.

 

Jessica smiled at Sooyoung and proceeded to follow her to the room. She was thankful that Sooyoung understood she needed some space to think about everything for now.

 

“Sorry if it’s a bit dirty, but we never stepped foot inside after well...you know.” Sooyoung said as she opened the door and stepped inside. Jessica followed and took in the scenery before her.

 

The room had one single bed, a wardrobe, two drawers by either side of the bed, a desk with many files and photos, and a mirror. Jessica was relieved to see that she had her own bathing room.

 

Jessica walked over to her desk and looked at the photos before her. Most of them contained a picture with her and Sooyoung; she had seen some of Amber, Yuri, Tiffany, and Taeyeon. She then looked at one photo and saw another blonde woman with her. “That’s Hyoyeon. Aside from Tiffany, you were pretty close with her too. You both had been training buddies back when you were younger.” Jessica looked to her right and saw Sooyoung behind her. “What about her?” she pointed at another picture. She noticed how Sooyoung stayed silent and looked back at her. She saw Sooyoung was frowning and had a serious look. “Sooyoung?”

 

Jessica’s voice brought Sooyoung back to reality, “ Yoona. Im Yoona. She was Yuri’s lifemate. They never got to seal the bond though, Yoona died on an assignment before they ever could. Yuri was devastated when Yoona had passed away, that’s when both you and Yuri had gotten a lot closer.” Sooyoung fixed her gaze on Yoona. “You treated Yoona as your younger sister. I now know why… she kind of looks like Krystal.”

 

Jessica sadly smiled, “Yeah she does doesn’t she?” She looked at Yoona. Jessica felt sad, she felt as her heart clenched and her eyes watered “She… she was such a choding wasn’t she?”

 

Sooyoung noticed Jessica’s voice crack and she hugged her waist and put her head on her shoulder. “Yeah, her and Yuri were something else.” Sooyoung heard Jessica’s sniffles and smiled. “Don’t worry. She’s in a better place now.” She felt as Jessica nodded and wiped away her tears. “I’ll let you settle down.”

 

Sooyoung let go of Jessica and walked toward the door, she stopped at the door and looked back at Jessica. “If you need me, I’ll just be in my room.” She pointed at the door of her room. “Goodnight Jessica. Sweet dreams and I hope you dream of me” She smiled and walked out but before she could leave  she heard Jessica call her. “Yes?” she poked her head inside the room and saw Jessica walk towards her.

 

Jessica kissed Sooyoung on the cheek, “I know I’ve said this a lot but thank you. It means a lot to me Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung smiled, “You’re welcome. Good night.”

 

“Night”

 

Sooyoung then closed the door and walked into her room.

 


 

Amber woke up the next morning with a set of blue eyes looking straight back at her. “Morning Woody.” The dog wagged his tail and Amber’s face. “Ew no Woody. That’s not cool.” She sat up and wiped her face. “Now I have dog drool all over my face. Thanks.” She received a bark in response.

 

Amber stood up and walked over to the bathing room to freshen up. As soon as she had done her morning routine and dressed up she stepped out and made her way to the kitchen.

 

“Hey Amber.”

 

Amber looked up and saw Jessica in the kitchen. “Hi Jessica. Did you stay here last night?” she received a nod from Jessica. “ You slept in your room or?”

 

“My room. I’m actually heading out to go eat some breakfast. Want to come? I was going to ask Sooyoung but she left a note saying that she was going to go talk with Yuri about some business stuff.”

 

Amber shrugged, “Sure. I don’t have anything better to do either way and I’m kind of too lazy to cook something.”

 

Jessica giggled, “Shall we take your car then?”

 

“Yeah let me go get my wallet and I’ll meet you at my car.” Amber then left back upstairs to get her wallet.

 

When she headed back down and walked to her car, she was greeted by Jessica who was sitting on the hood of her car. She then opened the car, “Here, let me get that for you. “ Amber opened the passenger’s door for Jessica and then made her way to the driver’s seat.

 

“ So where are we headed off to?” Amber asked as she tied herself and started the engine.

 

“Some American Café. You know the place?” Jessica showed Amber the address on her phone.

 

“Yeah I just ate there the other day. It’s really good there.” Amber then put the car into drive and drove off. They had made small talk along the way and Amber had filled Jessica up about some of the missions they had both been assigned.

 

“Well we’re here.” Amber said as she parked the car near the café. “By the way are you meeting up with someone?”

 

Jessica stepped out of the car and followed Amber inside the café. “Yeah. I’m actually here to eat breakfast with-“

 

“Unnie! Over here!”

 

“Soojung”

 

“...Minho”