Chapter 13

LifeMate

“ I can’t Amber, I just can’t.” Krystal was in tears.

 

“ Please Krystal. Please just give me a chance.” Amber held onto her.

 

Krystal struggled to get out of her embrace, “ I can’t Amber…. I-I love HIM” Krystal was then pulled out of Amber’s embrace.

 

“ Babe. Are you okay?” Minho took Krystal into his embrace, “ Stay away from her Amber, she’s mine, Krystal will never be yours”

 

“ Krystal.” Amber pleaded.

 

Krystal turned her back to Amber, “ I’m sorry Amber.”

 

Amber collapsed and fell onto her knees as she screamed in agony.

 

“ Amber!” Amber looked up. “ Amber!” Krystal’s voice sounded as if she was scared. “ Amber help!!” Amber stood up and followed Krystal’s voice.

 

“Krystal!” Amber ran as fast as she could. “ Krystal where are you!” Amber was panicking. “ Krystal!”

 

“ Amber! Help me!” Krystal screamed her name once more and Amber ran as quick as she could. Amber tried to use her powers to get to Krystal but something was not letting her. Amber then heard a scream she then froze. “ KRYSTAL!” Amber then started to run and found a body on the floor. “ Oh please Krystal, please not you.” Amber slid to Krystal’s body and pulled her into her embrace. “ Krystal, please wake up. Krys… please open your eyes!” Amber shook her and didn’t get a response from the younger girl.

 

“ Your to late” a voice said to Amber. “ Your to late again!” the voice then started to laugh.

 

“NO!!!!!!”

 


 

“ No!” Amber awoke screaming. She was panting and beads of sweat rolled down her forehead. She looked around and found her cell phone; she then unlocked her screen and dialed a number.

 

“ Amber? What’s up? Why are you calling this early in the morning?”

 

Amber let out a shaky sigh, “ What? I can’t call you now?” Amber let out a fake laugh.

 

“ No, you can. You sound weird, are you sure you’re okay?”

 

Amber smiled she knew the younger girl was worried, “ I’m fine Princess, I was just calling to check up on you.”

 

“ Well I’m fine actually, I just kind of feel a bit sleepy.”

 

Amber felt guilty, “ Sorry. Did I wake you up?”

 

“ What do you think?”

 

“ Sorry…”

 

Krystal chuckled a bit. “ It’s okay Amber, but seriously are you sure you’re okay? No one usually calls me this early in the morning unless it’s an emergency.”

 

“ Hey Amber are you okay I heard screaming.” Sooyoung came into the room with Woody right behind her.

 

Amber pulled the phone away from her ear. “ Yeah I’m fine.”

 

Sooyoung then walked toward her and put her palm against. “ Liar. You’re burning up!”

 

“ Amber?” Krystal called out.

 

“ Yes Princess?” Amber replied and glared at Sooyoung.

 

“ Your sick aren’t you.”

 

“ No I’m not.” Amber denied the fact that she was.

 

Sooyoung rolled her eyes at Amber, “ Yes, you are. I’ll be back I’m going to go make you a tea and grab something for you for that fever of yours.” Sooyoung then left.

 

“ You are sick.”

 

Amber sighed.

 

“I’m coming over.”

 

“ No princess, it’s fine, you don’t have to… Princess?” Amber then looked at her phone and saw that Krystal had ended the call.

 

Amber sighed and pulled the covers over her head. “Great.”

 


 

 

Sooyoung was putting a pot over the stove and turned up the flame to the stove. She then went to the medication cabinet to look for some medicine.

 

“ Great. We have nothing.” She sighed and looked down at Woody. “ Want to go with me to the market real quick?”

 

Woody barked.

 

Sooyoung chuckled “ Alright. Let me change first and then we can go.” Sooyoung then proceeded to walk toward her room. “ Stay out here Woody.”

 

While Sooyoung changed, Woody left to the living room to search for his leash. He was so excited to go out. He then found his leash and held it in his mouth, but before he could go back up to Sooyoung's room he heard the doorbell ring. He put the leash down and walked over to the door.

 

“ Hello?”

 

Woody barked and the door opened.

 

Krystal who stood behind the door was shocked, “ Did the door just open by it’s self?” she was then startled by a bark.  She looked down and saw Woody.

 

Woody looked at Krystal then turned his back to her as he got his leash. He turned around and looked at her once more and let out a whimper.

 

Krystal was confused; she saw the dog leave up stairs and left her at the entrance. “ I’m going to take that as a welcoming.” She then proceeded to step inside.

 

“ Oh Krystal you’re here.” Sooyoung said as she walked down the stairs with woody trailing right behind her.

 

“ Yeah um sorry if I let myself in but your door opened by itself…” she said as she pointed at the now closed door.

 

Sooyoung gave her a questioning look and then looked down at Woody “ Did you open the door?” Woody looked at her and wagged his tail, he then barked at the taller girl.

 

“ He opened the door? H-how? I mean…” Krystal looked at the dog and then back to the door.

 

Sooyoung chuckled at the younger girls confusion. “ Woody here is a bit… special. He isn’t like other dogs.”

 

Krystal sighed, “ Why am I not surprised.”

 

Sooyoung laughed, “ Trust me when I say you still have a lot to catch up on. You’ll find many fascinating and weird things about us.”

 

“ That sounds promising…” sarcasm could be heard in her voice.

 

The sound of whistling interrupted them. “ Ah… that must be the water. Could you do me a favor? Can you make Amber her tea and give it to her? I’m actually going out right now to go buy her some medicine.” Sooyoung reached for Woody's leash.

 

“ Sure, don’t worry about it I will. Have a safe trip to the market.” Krystal said as she excused herself to the kitchen.

 

Sooyoung nodded and left with Woody out to the nearest market.

 

Once Krystal was done she went up stairs. “ Which one is Amber’s room?” She looked at the four doors that were present in front of her.  She shrugged and entered the first room to her right. “ Nope. Not a room” She exited the restroom and entered the door to the right.

 

“Amber?” Krystal poked her head inside the room. She then heard a groan and recognized the voice.

 

Krystal giggled as she placed the tea on the drawer. “ I thought you said you were fine?” she sat down next to Amber and pulled the covers off of Amber’s head. “ Geez Amber! You’re sweating a lot.”  Krystal stood up and grabbed a wet cloth from Amber’s bathing room, she then wiped Amber’s face and placed it on her forehead.

 

“ Stupid, don’t say you’re fine when you know you’re not.”

 

“K-Krys...” Amber mumbled in her sleep. “No… please…” Amber was scowling. “Don’t leave… me”

 

Krystal cupped Amber’s jaw and kissed her on the cheek. “Shhhh. It’s okay” she rubbed Amber’s arm soothingly and whispered in her ear. “ I’m here. I’m not going anywhere.”

 

Tears started to form on Amber’s eyes and Krystal noticed them. Krystal felt hurt seeing Amber in that state, she then kissed them away and laid down next to the older girl. “It’s okay Amber I’m not going anywhere, I promise.” She said as she wrapped her arm around Amber’s waist.

 

Amber’s breathing then quickened, her body stiffened, and she started to toss her head from side to side. “No”

 

Krystal sat up and then sat on Amber as she slapped her lightly, “ Amber, Amber wake up. Amber!”

 

“ No!” Amber jolted her body up panting hard, her pupils were dilated and her skin had turn to a pale white. She noticed someone on her lap and recognized the girl. “Krystal.” Amber hoarsely said and hugged Krystal; tears were spilled as she tightened the embrace.

 

Krystal was surprised by Amber’s sudden jolt but was brought back to her senses by the older girl’s hug. She hugged Amber and rubbed her back as she tried to calm her down the best she could. “ It’s okay, I’m here stupid, and I’m not going anywhere.” She then felt something wet fall on her shirt. “ Amber? Are you- Are you crying?” Krystal tried to pull out of the hug to see if Amber really was crying, but Amber wouldn’t budge. “Amber… What’s wrong? What did you dream about? Maybe I can help you.”

 

Amber shook her head as she stuck her nose into Krystal’s neck. She didn’t want to let the younger girl see her in that state. “ I don’t want to talk about it.”

 

“ Amber… Amber, please look at me.” Krystal pleaded.

 

Amber let go of Krystal and looked down.

 

Krystal cupped Amber’s jaw and what she saw broke her heart, “ Please Amber tell me. I can’t stand looking at you this broken.” She said as she wiped her tears.

 

Amber closed her eyes and let out a shaky sigh, “ I… I dreamt of you.” Amber then furrowed her brows “ You didn’t want to go through with the process and left with Minho.” Her breath started to quicken “ I was hurt but then you started to scream my name. You sounded so scared and I ran toward your voice but no matter how fast I ran… I just couldn’t…” Tears started to escape from Amber’s eyes “ I wasn’t fast enough and when I got to you…you…you-“ Amber felt a pair of lips stop her from finishing her sentence.

 

Krystal couldn’t let Amber finish her sentence, so she did what popped into her mind and she kissed Amber. Krystal felt Amber’s lips respond to her kiss and she deepened the kiss. She just couldn’t stand seeing the older girl this broken because of her, she wanted to take away all of Amber’s fears with that one kiss. Krystal then broke the kiss and rested her forehead against Amber’s as she looked into her eyes.  “ I’m not going anywhere Amber. I’m not leaving you. I promise I won’t leave you.”

 

Amber looked into Krystal’s eyes and saw the sincerity that lied within them.  She then let out a small smile.

 

Krystal saw the smile and hugged Amber, “ I mean it stupid.”

 

Amber hugged the younger girl back, “ Thanks Princess.” She then resumed into her previous position when Krystal had hugged her before.

 

“ Your welcome.” Krystal Amber’s hair as she let amber rest her head on her. “ You know what I just noticed?”

 

Amber hummed

 

“ Your fever is still pretty high.” She then peeled Amber off of her and rested her on the bed.

 

Amber groaned as she was laid back down on the bed.

 

“ Shush it. You at least need to drink your tea that I made for you.” Krystal then sat on the edge of the bed and gave Amber her tea.

 

Amber sat up and pouted at Krystal, “ But I don’t like tea.”

 

“Stop being a big baby and just drink your tea. Sooyoung is out buying your medication.”

 

Amber took the tea and started to drink it obediently.

 

Krystal looked at her phone and checked the time. “ That’s’ weird.”

 

“What’s weird?” Amber asked as she sipped her tea.

 

“ Sooyoung should have been here with your medicine by now. The nearest market isn’t far from here.”