Chapter 6

LifeMate

 

“  I don’t think Krystal’s even human Tiff”

 

“ That… that’s impossible.” Tiffany was having a hard time believing Amber.

 

“ Then explain to me why I feel like this Tiff? Only our kind can make me feel this way, no mere human could ever make me feel this way.”

 

“ I… I don’t know. But you also have to reason out that we are all pulled into the agency once we reach our maturity age. Krystal is a fine young woman Amber, she isn’t a kid.”

 

“ I know, but that still doesn’t change the fact that she can actually inflict pain upon me.”

 

Tiffany leaned back into her chair and sighed, she was then caught in thought. “ I may have a plan.” Tiffany leaned forward into Amber. “ But I have to ask you this Amber.  How far are you willing to go in order to save her?”

 

“ Krystal may be my lifemate Tiff, chances of me ever finding someone else are zero to none, I’m willing to do anything for her. “ Amber was serious, if Krystal was her lifemate then she won’t give in so easily, she was willing to fight for the girl.

 

Tiffany smiled. “ You may not like what I’m about to tell you next.”

 

Amber nodded.

 

“ Now we both know that the agency would never believe you if you were to tell them this. I would have told you to do some research about her family but that would take to long and I’m not sure if Krystal is willing to cooperate with us if we told her what you were meant to do to her. She would freak out and then you’ll end up dead for sure, but if we are able to prove that Krystal is of our kind, then I’m pretty sure they won’t touch her. Now here is what I won’t like about this plan.”

 

Amber gave Tiffany a questioning look.

 

“ They may not hurt her but I can’t guarantee they won’t do anything to you. We both know we would be messing with fate and they will have to find a replacement for her life. The agency will get hurt financially and they will take it out on you Amber.” Tiffany was worried about her younger sister.

 

“ I told you, I’m willing to do anything for her as long as she isn’t targeted. “ Amber knew the agency would make her pay for not being able to execute her target.

 

Tiffany sighed. “ Promise me Amber” Tiffany held Amber’s hand “Promise me that you will fight for your life, I don’t want to lose the only family I have left.”

 

Amber gave a light squeeze to reassure her older sister. “ I’m not planning to go anywhere Tiff. I promise.”

 

Tiffany was tearing up “ You know I love you right?” Amber stood up and kneeled in front of Tiffany. “ I know. I love you too Tiff.” Amber then hugged her and Tiffany hugged her back.” I just don’t want to lose you” Tiffany hugged Amber a bit tighter. “ You won’t, I promise Tiff and I am keeping that promise.”  Amber pulled out of the hug, grabbed a tissue and wiped Tiffany’s tears. “ Now stop crying. You look ugly when you cry.”

 

Tiffany punched Amber’s arm. “ I do not!”

 

Amber laughed and sat back down in her seat. “ Sure… whatever you say ”

 

Tiffany pouted.

 

“ Stop pouting you big baby. Now tell me the rest of the plan.” Amber said as she began to eat once more.

 

Tiffany let out a huff. “ No” she then began to eat her own food.

 

“ Oh come on Tiff, tell me!”

 

“ No, not until you say it.” She then pouted once more

 

“ Seriously?” Amber couldn’t believe how her older sister could act like such a little kid sometimes.

 

Tiffany didn’t respond and then continued to eat.

 

Amber sighed. “ Fine. You big baby.” Amber then stood up. “ This is so embarrassing.” Amber then kneeled in front of Tiffany once more.

 

“ Miyoungie~, I’m sorry.” Amber pouted ” Your not ugly when you cry Miyoungie.” Tiffany was trying her best not to smile and continued eating as she pretended to ignore her. “ Miyoungie~” Amber poked her side “ Please forgive Amber. Amber didn’t mean to call you ugly.” Tiffany then spared Amber a glance. “ Then what am I?” Amber then showed her dorky smile. “  Amber thinks Miyoungie is pretty.” Tiffany smiled as she saw her younger sister act like a child. “ Pretty?”  Amber then nodded. “ very very pretty.” Amber then smiled once more. “ So does Miyoungie forgive Amber?” Tiffany giggled. “ Yes I forgive dorky Amber.” Amber hugged Tiffany. “I hate it when you make me do this.” Amber mumbled, “ I love it.”

 

Amber stood up and sat back down “ Why?”

 

“ Because then I get to remember the good old days when you would speak of yourself in third person. I thought it was adorable.” Tiffany smiled as she remembered her younger sister back in the old days.

 

“ Whatever. Now tell me!” Amber whined.

 

“ You really want to know don’t you?” Tiffany asked.

 

“Yes. Now tell me what I have to do.”

 

“ Oh that’s simple, just claim her.” Tiffany shrugged and then continued to eat

 

“ What! You mean-“

 

“Yes.”

 

“But that just means I’ll be getting her into this mess.”

 

“I know, and why are you making a big deal about it anyways? I know you’re going to claim her sooner or later.”

 

“ Yeah but I mean I don’t want to do that so suddenly.”

 

“ Well then your screwed, because I can’t think of another way to get her out of this alive.”

 

Amber sighed, “ Now the question is how am I going to do this.”

 

“ Your on your own on this one Amber. Now hurry up, I’m already done eating.” True to her words, Tiffany was done.

 

Amber then stuffed her face and finished everything as quickly as possible.

 

“ Suzy!”  Amber called her.

 

Suzy walked over to Amber“ Yes? How may I help you?” Suzy asked

 

“Can I get the bill?” amber asked

 

“Of course. Here let me take those plates.” Suzy then walked away to go get there bill.

 

“ You are going to take me shopping after we buy Krystal her lipstick. Right?” Tiffany asked Amber

 

“ I said we would, didn’t I?” Amber replied

 

“ I’m just making sure.”

 

“ Here is your bill” Suzy said as she gave Amber the bill.

 

Amber took the bill and slipped in the amount she was supposed to pay. “Here you go.” Amber then stood up.

 

“ Are you not going to want your receipt?” Suzy asked.

 

“ No and here, I said I would give you a good tip didn’t I?” Amber said as she gave her the tip.

 

“Oh! Thank you so much!” Suzy then took her tip.

 

“ Your very welcome.” Amber smiled. She then helped Tiffany stand up and they left.

 

“Thank you for coming and please come back again.” Suzy said as she waved.

 

“Of course.” Amber smiled and waved back.

 

“ What happen on trying to get a discount?” Tiffany said as they walked to the car.

 

“ Can I not just be nice to her?” She said as she opened Tiffany the car door.

 

 Tiffany shrugged and got inside.

 

“ So… should I just go to the mall?” Amber asked as soon as she got inside the car.

 

“ Yup” Tiffany replied.

 

“Okay.” Amber then drove off to her next destination.

 


 

Once they arrived to their destination, Amber helped Tiffany get out of the car and they walked into a beauty store.

 

“ So, do you remember how the lipstick looked?” Tiffany said as she looked through the sets of lipsticks that were displayed.

 

“ Um… it was black?” Amber was trying to recall how it looked.

 

Tiffany looked at Amber “ The lipstick color? Or the case?”

 

“ The case was black. The lipstick was red.”

 

“ What kind of red?” Tiffany asked as she then started to look through the sets again.

 

“What do you mean what kind of red? The thing was red period.” Amber looked at Tiffany as if the older girl had grown two heads.

 

“ Stupid. There are different types of reds. They are not just a simple red.” Tiffany explained.

 

Amber rolled her eyes at Tiffany and sighed “Well sorry if I was not informed that there are different types of reds.”

 

“ Don’t you notice these type of things when you kiss someone Amber?”

 

“I don’t know.” Amber shrugged “I just know that their lips are kissable with the type of lipstick that they’re wearing. Period.”

 

“ You know, if we weren’t sisters and we met on the streets and you said you were a guy, I would actually believe you.” Tiffany couldn’t believe her sister at the moment.

 

“What? It’s not my fault I wasn’t interested in getting pretty and dressing up like an actual girl should okay? Plus I like how I am, I’m comfortable this way.”

 

Tiffany sighed“ I can’t believe I got stuck with you…”

 

Amber crossed her arms and yelled “Hey!”

 

“ Shut it. Now give me your phone.” Tiffany extended her right hand at Amber.

 

Amber looked at her hand “Why?”

 

“Just give it to me”

 

“Fine” Amber then gave her phone to Tiffany

 

Tiffany unlocked her screen and scrolled through her contacts“ Where is her… Oh here it is.” She then pressed the call button and called Krystal.

 

“ Do you have my lipstick now Amber?”

 

“ Oh um. This is Amber’s older sister Tiffany speaking.”

 

“Oh I’m sorry, I thought it was Amber who was calling me.”

 

“It’s okay. I’m actually calling because my stupid sister doesn’t remember what color or how the lipstick looked.”

 

“ I said it was a black case didn’t I?” Amber yelled.

 

“Shut it Amber. I’m already frustrated with you, don’t get me angry.” Tiffany glared at her younger sister.

 

As Tiffany talked with Krystal, Amber looked around the store to see the products that they sold.

 

“ Okay. Thank you so much Krystal, I’ll make sure to get the right one. Oh and Krystal?”

 

“ Yes?”

 

“ If you ever need help straightening out my sister, call me, I’ll be more than glad to help and knock some sense into her.”

 

Krystal giggled. “ I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

“ Okay then I better go now, I’m pretty sure your busy yourself. “

 

“I’m not that busy but okay. Bye.”

 

Tiffany bid Krystal goodbye and ended the call, she turned her head to Amber and saw the younger girl pouting.

 

“What?” Tiffany handed Amber her phone

 

Amber grabbed her phone, “ You’re not serious about the whole knocking some sense into me… are you?”

 

“I’m very serious.”  Tiffany said as she looked through the lipsticks to find the right one. “ Oh, found it. Now come on let’s go shopping!” Tiffany grabbed Amber’s arm as she dragged her to the cashier.

 

Amber then paid for the lipstick and they continued throughout the mall going to almost every store that Tiffany took an interest to. Amber was starting to regret ever mentioning that she would take Tiffany out shopping.

 

By the time Tiffany was done, Amber held several bags in both hands as she walked behind the older girl.

 

“ Are you done yet?” Amber asked.

 

Tiffany stopped and looked at Amber, she noticed the younger girl was having some trouble holding some of the bags. “ Yeah, that should be it for the day. Let’s go.”

 

Amber sighed and walked right behind Tiffany. “ Finally! Now all I have to do is drop you off and give Krystal her damn lipstick.”

 

“Yes now hurry up!” Tiffany said as she walked toward the exit.

 

Amber ran to catch up to her sister, and having to hold several bags didn’t help at all. “ I’m going!” Amber cursed under her breath.

 

By the time Amber caught up with Tiffany she noticed the older girl leaning on her car. “ What took you so long?”

 

“ Do you not see me holding all of YOUR bags?”

 

Tiffany rolled her eyes. “ Well next time don’t say anything about shopping. Plus, you got yourself into this mess, don’t try to pin this on me.”

 

Amber opened the car and put all of the bags inside the trunk of the car.

 

“Yeah, yeah, whatever.” Amber said as she got inside the car. She then backed the car out and drove to Tiffany’s house.

 


 

As soon as they got to Tiffany’s house, Tiffany had fallen asleep on the ride to her home.

 

“ She must have been tired.” Amber said as she looked at her older sister. She then got out of the car and walked to the other side of the car to carry her sister.

 

“ Geez Tiff. You’re actually heavy.” Amber said as she walked to the front door. Amber kicked the door and a few minutes later the door was opened and revealed a short blond.

 

“Your girlfriend fell asleep on the way back, here you carry her, she’s heavy.” Amber said as she handed Tiffany to Taeyeon.

 

“You’re over exaggerating. She doesn’t even weigh that much.” Taeyeon said as she carried her girlfriend to her room.

 

“ Well she’s heavy to me” Amber said and helped Taeyeon open the door to their room. Taeyeon then laid the sleeping Tiffany down on the bed and kissed her forehead.

 

“ Come on. You have to help me get all of her bags.” Amber said as she witnessed the scene.

 

“ Was it really that bad?” Taeyeon asked as she followed the taller girl.

 

“ Just wait and see.” Amber said as she walked to her car and opened the trunk.

 

“Wow, did she buy out the whole mall?” Taeyeon said as she grabbed some bags.

 

“ I feel like she would have if she didn’t see me struggling to carry all these damn bags. Oh wait don’t grab that one, that’s for someone else.”

 

“ Who?” Taeyeon asked as she grabbed the rest and walked back inside her house.

 

“Krystal’s” Amber said as she closed the trunk and followed Taeyeon “ And before you say anything, let me explain.”

 

True to Amber’s words, she did explain. She told the shorter girl about what she had discussed with Tiffany and told her about the plan.

 

As soon as Amber was done explaining, Taeyeon sighed.

 

“ You’re not going to say anything?” Amber asked.

 

Taeyeon looked at Amber and said “ What do you want me to say?”

 

“ I don’t know, I was kind of expecting a scolding from you. Like ‘ what did I tell you Amber? What did I say about not doing something stupid?’  But this, this is not what I expected.” Amber was shocked that Taeyeon had not scolded her at all.

 

“ Well both you and Tiffany have seemed to have made up your minds. If I were to say something it wouldn’t matter, you would have still carried on with the plan.” Taeyeon shrugged.

 

“True” Amber nodded “ So when are you planning to ask the big question to my sister?”

 

“I already did”

 

“ And?” Amber was curious to know.

 

“ She said no.”

 

“ Wait, what!” Amber was shocked. Her SISTER actually said NO.

 

Taeyeon laughed at Amber’s facial expression “ It’s not what your thinking”

 

“Care to explain?”

 

“ She wants to wait.” Taeyeon explained

 

“ So? She could have just excepted the ring and said she wanted to wait” Amber was not seeing the logic in the whole waiting.

 

“ Yeah but…” Taeyeon paused.

 

“But?” Amber asked.

 

“ It is better if we do wait.” Taeyeon said as she looked away from Amber.

 

“Why?” Amber felt off.

 

“ We don’t want to say we will be getting married and tell everyone else. We can’t do that to Sooyoung Amber, she’s still copping with Jessica’s loss. How do you think she will feel? It’s better if we just wait till she finds someone else. I mean I’m actually fine with waiting, I actually don’t mind at all.” Taeyeon explained to Amber.

 

“ That’s true.”

 

“ It’s not your fault Amber.” Taeyeon said as she saw Amber look a little down.

 

“ It is and you know it Taeyeon.”

 

“ There’s nothing you could have done Amber.” Taeyeon patted Amber’s shoulder. “ It’s not your fault.”

 

Amber sighed, “ Sure as hell does feel like it”

 

“Well don’t”

 

Amber smiled “ Yeah, well I’ll try.” Amber checked the time.” I better get going. I don’t want to angry the Ice Princess for being late.”

 

Taeyeon laughed. “ Yeah you should go already and don’t forget about what I told you last time about having time.”

 

“Yah! You ert!”

 

“ What?” Taeyeon smiled.

 

Amber glared at her. “ I’m leaving. Tell Tiff to call me later, Okay?” Amber said as she made her way out.

 

“Yeah, sure I’ll tell her.” Taeyeon said as she followed Amber out the door.

 

“Well I’ll see you some other time.” Amber said as she got into her car.

 

“ Of course. Bye!” Taeyeon waved.

 

“Bye!” Amber waved back and drove out of the driveway.

 

As Amber drove to her next destination, she had only one thing on her mind.

 

‘ How the hell am I going to claim Krystal.’