Chapter 16

LifeMate

Jessica looked to where she heard a voice, “ I-“ Jessica was once again enveloped into another hug.

 

Sooyoung and Amber had just looked at each other in confusion, Amber was about to ask but Sooyoung put her hand on Amber's shoulder signaling her not to speak.

 

“ Unnie” Krystal was in tears as she hugged her sister tighter, her voice cracked as she tried to speak through her sobs. “ I waited for you to call me back but you never did and I got worried so I looked for you and… and they said that they considered you dead. But I knew you were alive, I knew you couldn’t be dead.” Krystal pulled out of the hug and looked at her sister, “Where… Where were you?”

 

Jessica looked into Krystal's eyes, “ I… I got into a car accident with Amber.”

 

Krystal furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Amber, “ You know my sister Sooyeon?”

 

Both Amber and Sooyoung were speechless, Amber was about to reply but Jessica beat her to it, “ You know my name?”

 

Krystal looked back at her sister, “ Of course silly. I’m your sister after all. It’s Jung Sooyeon.”

 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung and Sooyoung looked back at her, “ Did I have a sister Sooyoung?”

 

Sooyoung was shocked with what was going on, “ You… you never mentioned anyone about your family. At least you told me your family died when you were young.”

 

Jessica looked back at Krystal and noticed that Krystal was getting teary again. “ I lost my memory.” She cupped Krystal’s face, “ But I have a feeling your not lying about being sisters. I don’t know why but I really do feel like I know you, you seem similar to me.” A tear spilled from Krystal’s eye and Jessica wiped it away “ If you say that we are sisters then we are.” She then hugged the younger girl. “ Please give me time to remember everything, I’m sorry if I lost contact with you and made you worry. I’m sorry if I put you through any type of pain.” Krystal’s sobs could be heard as she hugged her sister back. “ I’ll try to make up for that time we were apart the best I could.” Jessica squeezed Krystal into a tighter hug. “ I promise.” Krystal nodded into her shoulder, she couldn’t speak, and no words could come out of .

 

“ There is a way to know if you both are really sisters.” Sooyoung spoke up.

 

Both Krystal and Jessica pulled out of the hug and looked at Sooyoung. Jessica spoke up,  “How?”

 

Sooyoung walked up to them and looked at both in the eyes, “Blood can’t harm the same blood. Use your powers on her Jessica.”

 

Krystal looked at her sister with a confusing gaze. “ You’re an Eonded too?”

 

Jessica looked at Krystal and nodded, she then looked at Sooyoung “ But what if we aren’t of the same blood? I could hurt her.”

 

“ We are sisters. I am confident that we are sisters, just give it a try.” Krystal spoke up.

 

Sooyoung stepped back to where she originally was, “ Go for it, and just don’t freeze to many things in here.”

 

Jessica nodded and looked at Krystal, “ If it hurts, tell me.”

 

Krystal nodded.

 

Jessica grabbed Krystal's hand and placed her other hand on her cheek. The room then started to get cold and Jessica’s eyes turned into a crystal blue. Krystal looked at how her sister’s eyes changed, she had noticed that the temperature dropped inside the room and oddly she felt warm under Jessica’s touch. Jessica noticed that Krystal was in no pain at all and her skin was not freezing, so she let the temperature drop a bit more and yet Krystal did not seem fazed.

 

Both Sooyoung and Amber had been hugging their bodies to keep warm as Jessica lowered the temperature inside the room, their teeth chattered and noses turned into a slight rosy pink. “ Jess-Jessica. I-I think that’s… enough.” Amber spoke up.

 

Jessica snapped back to reality and stopped, the temperature of the room then warmed up a bit as she had stopped. “ Sorry, I forgot you were both with us.”

 

“You see I told you we were sisters.” Krystal looked at Sooyoung and Amber and then giggled. “ Was it really that bad?”

 

Amber spoke up, “ Amber. Does the name not say it all?”

 

Krystal was surprised, “ You can control fire?”

 

“ Dark Fire” Amber snapped her fingers and held one finger up as she revealed a dark blue flame. She then blew the flame out, “ Because my fire is different, I can travel through shadows, so the night is my friend. But unfortunately my fire isn’t meant to burn things to keep warm, it can only burn souls.”

 

Krystal nodded, “ I was going to ask how the last time when you were saying we were lifemate’s but it totally slipped out of my mind with me having to process a lot of things.”

 

“ Your what!” Jessica looked at both Amber and Krystal.

 

Amber was too scared to look at Jessica; she could feel Jessica glaring at her. “ I haven’t claimed her or anything! I promise!”

 

“ When did you find out you were both lifemate's?” Jessica asked Amber.

 

Amber stayed quite and Sooyoung spoke up. “ Yesterday.”

 

“Wait.” Krystal spoke up and everyone looked at her “ Since unnie proofed that we are really sisters. Does that mean Amber and I still have to claim one another?” Krystal looked at Amber.

 

Amber smiled weakly, “ No, that alone is enough proof to get you off the list.”

 

“ What list?” Jessica asked. Amber and Krystal were looking at each other in the eyes as to see what the other was thinking.

 

Sooyoung spoke up, “ Krystal was on the human list for execution. Amber here was meant to execute her but Amber found out that she really wasn’t a human. So in order to prove that she wasn’t a human, she was going to claim her. Of course this was all before any of us knew you were both sisters or that you were still alive.”

 

Jessica sighed, “ Thank you Amber. I really appreciate what you would have done for my sister, really. But what I don’t get is why was my sister on the human list?”

 

“ I didn’t know I was an Eonded unnie. You never spoke about it.” Krystal looked away from Amber and answered Jessica’s question.

 

“ Really? “ Jessica was confused with everything, she didn’t get why she didn’t tell Krystal about them being Eonded’s.

 

Krystal nodded.

 

Jessica had so many questions build up in her mind, “ I’m lost here, how did we keep in touch?”

 

“ Well since I sometimes have a pretty busy schedule with both Acting and Modeling, you would come visit me.”

 

“ I was found in San Francisco, Sooyoung found me but they never heard of you. Where were you?”

 

“ You told me that mom and dad died. You were still too young to take care of me, so you had to give me up to adoption. A Korean family took me in and a couple years later we had moved here, but you always came to visit me…. But we did lose contact for two years when I was just 11 years old, at the time I was still in San Francisco and the next year we moved over here because I had received acting classes. It took another year here until you finally found me; you had said that you had been in some type of accident back in San Francisco and that you spent the last few months looking for me. After that you would always visit me.” Krystal explained to Jessica.  

 

Both Sooyoung and Amber had processed everything that Krystal had just said and connected some pieces. Sooyoung had then realized a lot of things, “ You know, you would always go out every so often saying you were going to go visit a human friend. I never really thought about it, but some things do add up. I mean Krystal is what? 20 years old? I’m going to guess that when you disappeared for those two years was when you had just came of age and we fought it out back in San Francisco. After that you were sometimes in solitary confinement to keep you from harming yourself or others. It took quiet a while for you to be able to control your powers.”

 

Sooyoung walked up to the sisters, “ But what I don’t get is…. How is it that Krystal has not come of age yet?”

 

Amber walked up to where Sooyoung was, “ Sooyoung is right. Krystal you should have came of age years ago. Did you not experience any type of changes?”

 

Krystal shook her head, “ No. None.”

 

Amber furrowed her eyebrows, “ That’s weird. You shouldn’t have been able to feel anything that we feel when we both touch. Not only that but Jessica could have seriously hurt you too.”

 

Sooyoung nodded, “ Unless… You just haven’t realized your powers yet.”

 

“ That could happen?” Jessica looked at Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung shrugged, “ There could be a possibility that she just has not realized that she really does have them.”

 

“ How do I activate them?” Krystal asked Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung patted her head, “ Don’t worry about that for now, I’ll get you the best help by the end of the month once I get reappointed as Prez. For now we just have to get you off the list.”

 

Krystal nodded and Amber sneezed.

 

Sooyoung smacked her forehead, “ I totally forgot! Your sick! Krystal can you take this llama face up to her room? I’ll get breakfast and her medicine prepared.”

 

Krystal nodded and took Amber by her hand as she led her back up stairs to her room. “ Come on stupid.”

 

Both Sooyoung and Jessica went to the kitchen to prepare Ambers medicine and made something to eat for all of them to eat.

 

“ Wow” Jessica said as she watched Sooyoung cook.

 

Sooyoung looked at Jessica, “ What?”

 

“ It’s just… this is a lot to take in. I mean, I find out that I was in a relationship with you and had claimed you, I also apparently have a sister, but she has no clue about being an Eonded. Not only that but she also already has a lifemate, which happens to be my ex-partner. Is their something else that I’m missing?”

 

Sooyoung smirked, “ You won’t like what I’m about to tell you next.”

 

“ Tell me.” Jessica crossed her arms as she leaned back onto the counter.

 

Sooyoung returned to cooking, she had sensed that the temperature of the room had dropped; she knew Jessica’s patience was running low. “ Krystal may or may not have a boyfriend while you were gone.”

 

“ What!” Jessica exclaimed.

 

Sooyoung looked down onto the pan; she saw that Jessica had frozen the food onto the pan, “Well…. I guess we’ll have a frozen breakfast then.” She lifted up the pan and scraped the food off of it with a spoon onto a large plate.

 

“ What do you mean she has a boyfriend?”

 

“ Maybe the microwave will do the trick.” Sooyoung put the plate into the machine and pushed the time for it to heat up the food.

 

“ Sooyoung! Leave the food alone and answer me.”

 

Sooyoung did as she was told; she felt the temperature drop even more than already had, once she settled, her gaze met with Jessica’s. “ Princess, you have to understand that you were gone for quiet sometime.” She cupped Jessica’s cheek and felt the temperature had stopped dropping “ I’m pretty sure she felt alone and she needed some type of comfort in which that guy must have gave her. Try to understand her.” Sooyoung kissed her nose and backed away as soon as she heard the microwave beeping.

 

“ Good, breakfast was saved.” Sooyoung pulled out plates and set them on the table. She then grabbed Jessica’s hand,  “ Come on let’s go see what the love birds are doing.”

 


 

 

Amber settled down under the covers, “ You can leave now, I’m pretty sure Sooyoung can handle the rest.”

 

“I’m not leaving. “ Krystal sighed, “ Look Amber when I make a promise I try to keep that promise. So I’m not leaving you that easily.”

 

Amber sighed and raked her hand through her hair “ Krystal, you can’t do that.”

 

“ Why not?” Krystal questioned Amber.

 

“ You can’t stay for me the way I want you to Krys. You have a boyfriend, it wouldn’t be fair.”

 

“ But we’re lifemate’s, you yourself said it.”

 

“ And there’s still a chance you can find someone else.”

 

“ What if I don’t want to find someone else Amber?” Krystal sat down on the bed next to Amber, “ What if it’s you that I want.”

 

Amber looked at Krystal, “ Then that would be selfish of you Krystal. You can’t have both Minho and I at the same time. Even Minho would agree with me.”

 

“ Can’t you just give me time? I mean you both confuse me beyond reasoning.” Krystal held Amber’s hand.

 

Amber sighed and nodded. “ But please, don’t let me do certain things.”

 

“Like what?” Krystal furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

 

Amber pulled Krystal; they were merely an inch away from each other. Amber then leaned in and kissed Krystal, “ Like kissing.” She said as she pulled out of the kiss, she then let go of Krystal's hand, “ And no holding hands.”

 

Krystal had felt Ambers hot breath on her lips as she spoke to her; it was very hard for her to concentrate while they were this close to each other.

 

“ Everything else is fine with me, but while your still with Minho I don’t want to have any type of hope with you.”

 

Amber and Krystal then heard a knock at the door and they backed away from each other. “ Fine. I’ll keep that in mind. Thank you Amber.”

 

Amber nodded.

 

“ Hey you two, breakfast is done. Come on down before the food gets cold.” Sooyoung said as she opened the door. She then went straight back down stairs as she had Jessica follow her.

 

Both amber and Krystal stood up and followed the other two downstairs to eat. Once they had settled at the table they all began to eat.

 

“ Hey Sooyoung?” Jessica swallowed her food.

 

Sooyoung looked up to meet Jessica’s gaze, “ Yes?”

 

“ Why did you bring me with you up stairs if you were just going to call them to come and eat? I could have just waited for you to call them.”

 

Sooyoung smiled, “Because I wanted to hold your hand, so I made the excuse of having you to come with me.” Jessica kept quite and the other three just chuckled at Jessica’s reaction.

 

“ Yah! Its not funny!” Krystal continued to eat and Amber just tried to hold in her laughter as she ate.

 

Sooyoung smile got wider; “ Yes it is because you look adorable when you blush.”

 

Jessica huffed and continued to eat trying to calm her fast beating heart.

 

“Oh. Amber here is your medicine.” Sooyoung handed Amber’s medicine to her.” You can take it once you are done eating”

 

Amber nodded and finished eating, “ Thank you for the meal. I ate well.” Amber stood up and put her dishes in the sink. She took her medicine and left up stairs back up to her room.

 

Jessica looked at Amber’s retrieving figure and then at Krystal who was still eating, “ Did something happen between you and Amber?”

 

Krystal finished eating and then sighed, “ Amber doesn’t want me near her while I’m still with Minho.”

 

“ Minho? Is he your boyfriend?” Jessica asked Krystal.

 

Krystal nodded, “ Which reminds me I have to introduce you to him. You’ll like him.” Krystal smiled.

 

“ What about Amber?” Sooyoung asked Krystal.

 

Krystal’s smile faltered, “ To be honest, I’m confused with what I feel for the both of them. I told Amber if she could give me some time to figure out my feelings for the two of them and she agreed but she said she didn’t want to keep me too close to her.”

 

Jessica held Krystal's hand “ Only time will be able to tell Soojung.”

 

Krystal furrowed her brows, “ I thought you said you lost your memory?”

 

“ What do you mean?”

 

“ You just called me Soojung, I haven’t introduced myself to you as Soojung. Sooyoung and Amber have only been calling me by my stage name, Krystal.”

 

Jessica looked at Krystal, she was dumbfounded, “I did, didn’t I? I don’t know why I just called you Soojung, it just felt right. “

 

“ That’s a good sign though, that means you’re starting to gain some type of memory.” Sooyoung spoke up.

 

Krystal's phone went off and Krystal excused herself from the table.

 

Jessica was smiling, “ So that means I can regain my memory a lot quicker than I thought I was able to.”

 

Sooyoung reached out for Jessica’s hand and intertwined them, “ Let me help you regain those memories, good or bad, would you let me help you?”

 

Jessica nodded.

 

Krystal came back to witness her sister’s and Sooyoung's moment, “ I’m glad you two are getting along well.” Both Sooyoung and Jessica looked at Krystal. “ Thank you for the meal Sooyoung. I ate well, but I have to leave earlier than I thought I would. Apparently I have a recording today and I have to head out to the agency.”

 

Sooyoung let go of Jessica’s hand and stood up. “ Of course, it was nice having you here for breakfast. Jessica can you show her the way out while I clean up here.”

 

Jessica nodded and stood up, “Of course I wanted to speak to her before she left either way.”

 

Sooyoung then started to clean the table and the two Jung sisters excused themselves and walked out.

 

“ You aren’t going to say good-bye to Amber?” Jessica asked as they stepped out of the apartment.

 

Krystal shook her head; “ No I want to give her some space for now. I don’t think she wants to see me at the moment.”

 

Jessica giggled, “ It sounds as if you two are going out already.”

 

“ Yeah it does, doesn’t it?” Krystal laughed with her sister. “ How did you know your name after you awoke after the accident?”

 

Jessica pressed button for the elevator doors to open, “ Well once I awoke from my coma-“

 

“You were in a coma?” Krystal asked.

 

Jessica nodded, “ Yes I was in a coma for 4 months. Actually Yuri was the one who called me Sooyeon, she said that I kept on mumbling that name so she decided to call me Sooyeon.”

 

“Yuri?, isn’t that Sooyoung's cousin? I thought you were with Sooyoung?” Krystal asked and the elevator doors opened. Both sisters stepped inside and Krystal pressed the button to go to the first floor.

 

Jessica then explained to Krystal about Yuri claiming her and her finding out about Sooyoung yesterday.

 

Krystal smiled, “ So you really are the Jessica that Amber was talking about.”

 

“ Amber spoke about me?”

 

Krystal nodded, “ Yes, she told me about you and Sooyoung. Well at least a bit.”

 

The elevator doors opened and they stepped out; they then made their way to Krystal’s car.

 

“ Soojung, give me your phone before you leave.” Krystal unlocked her phone and handed it over to her sister. Jessica called her phone and then hung up. “ Here you go. Now you have my number, call me if you ever need anything and I’ll wait for you to introduce me to your boyfriend.”

 

Krystal nodded and hugged her sister; “ I’ll call you whenever I can. You’re not leaving me so easily this time around” Krystal joked.

 

Jessica smiled as she hugged her sister back, “ I won’t leave you again. I promise.”

 

They then released from the hug. “ Drive safely Soojung.”

 

“ Of course unnie, good luck with Sooyoung.” Krystal winked and got into the car.

 

Jessica rolled her eyes and watched Krystal drive away. She then made her way back up to the apartment. She stepped in and saw Sooyoung washing the dishes. “ Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung turned around to look at Jessica. “ Yes?”

 

Jessica rolled up her sleeves, pulled her hair to the side, and walked over to where Sooyoung was, “ Here, let me help you.”

 

“Okay. “ Sooyoung gave Jessica half of the other dishes that were still not clean and proceeded to wash her half.

 

“ Do you feel better now knowing that you have a sister?” Sooyoung asked.

 

Jessica nodded, “ Yes, I am. At least now I know I have someone who is of my blood alive. It’s comforting to know.”

 

Sooyoung finished her set and dried her hands, “ You should meet up with Krystal more, I have a feeling that you’ll start to remember more that way.”

 

“ Yeah, I plan to meet up with her soon. She said that she was going to introduce her boyfriend to me.” Jessica was finishing her last dirty dish. “I’m-“ Jessica felt as Sooyoung wrapped her arms around her waist, and felt Sooyoung's warm breath hit her bare neck. “Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung held Jessica a bit closer to her body as she took in Jessica’s scent, “ I’m sorry… it’s just… I missed you so much. I…” Sooyoung closed her eyes “ I missed your warmth, your scent, your hugs.”

 

Jessica put the last dish away and turned around to face Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung opened her eyes and were greeted with Jessica’s cold ones. “ I missed those cold eyes of yours.” She cupped Jessica’s cheek “ Did I ever tell you I fell in love with those same pair of cold eyes? Because I did and I missed them every morning I would wake up to an empty bed. I missed cuddling with you on cold nights, and hearing your soft snores. I missed that cute nose of yours whenever you would scrunch it up in annoyance” Sooyoung leaned in and Jessica could feel her hot breath against her lips. “ And those soft lips that would pout whenever you were upset.” Sooyoung kissed Jessica and Jessica kissed back.