Chapter 11

LifeMate

Sooyoung pulled up into the entrance of the gates to the agency. She pulled down the window of her car and took out her identification card to show it to the security guard.

 

“ Ms. Choi!” The security guard was surprised to see Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung smiled as she showed her identification card, “ Good evening Mr. Lee, it’s good seeing you again.”

 

“No need to show me it Ms. Choi” Mr. Lee pushed a button and opened the gates for Sooyoung “ Go straight in, it’s great seeing you around here Ms. Choi, I hope to see you often.”

 

Sooyoung was touched “ Most likely you will” She then drove into the premises and parked in front of the building. The valet opened the door for her and she stepped out of the car with Woody following her.

 

“Ms. Choi, what a surprise seeing you here again.” The valet said as he helped Sooyoung out of the car.

 

Sooyoung smiled at the man, “ Well I have a meeting with my cousin. Could you do me a favor? Could you put gas in my car? I kind of forgot to put gas and it’s nearly empty.”

 

The man laughed and agreed to Sooyoung’s wishes, “ Anything for you Ms. Choi.”

 

“ Thank you so much!” Sooyoung was relieved that he had agreed.

 

“ Have a nice day Ms. Choi.” The valet then proceeded to step into the car.

 

Sooyoung smiled at the man and turned to the entrance of the building. She walked up to the receptionist with Woody following her. “ Good evening Hyosung.”

 

“Oh, good evening Ms. Choi. Are you here to see Ms. Kwon?” Hyosung asked and she looked down at the dog.

 

Sooyoung nodded, “ Yes I am. Don’t worry, I know Yuri doesn’t really like having animals within the building but he’s an exception.”

 

Hyosung nodded, “ Okay. By the way I love his eyes. May ask? What kind of dog is he?”

 

“ He’s a mutt, you can say by just looking at him he’s part dachshund, Chihuahua, some terrier, and I don’t know what else. His eyes throw me off, I honestly don’t know where he got them.” Sooyoung chuckled as she looked down at Woody; Woody wagged his tail and barked at her.

 

“ May I know his name?” Hyosung knew she shouldn’t be asking and she should go back to work but she couldn’t help it.

 

“ Woody, his name is Woody.” Sooyoung smiled

 

“ Woody? As in Woody from the movie Toy’s Story?” Hyosung asked.

 

Sooyoung nodded, “ Yes, when I found him he wore a red bandana and my friend Amber named him Woody. He’s actually not really my dog but I look after him from time to time.”

 

“ I see. Well I’ll I better get back to work. It was nice seeing you again Ms. Choi, same goes to you too Woody.” Hyosung smiled at the both of them and she got a bark in response.

 

Sooyoung chuckled,” It was nice meeting you again Hyosung.” Sooyoung then walked away and stepped into the elevator, she pushed the button to go up to the level her cousin was in and the door closed.

 

Woody who had never been in an elevator before stopped wagging his tail and started to crawl to Sooyoung. He didn’t like the feeling he was receiving by just standing in the room. Sooyoung looked down at the dog and laughed,” Don’t worry we’ll be out of the elevator soon.”

 

The door’s opened and Woody stepped out quickly with Sooyoung walking right behind him laughing at the dog. Yuri’s secretary then greeted her, “ Good evening Ms. Choi, Ms. Kwon has been expecting you. Please go right in.”

 

“ Thank you Eunmi. Keep working hard it’s appreciated.” Sooyoung smiled at the Eunmi and the latter blushed. Sooyoung chuckled and knocked at the door. “ Come in.” a voice was heard from the other side of the door. Sooyoung opened the door and stepped in with Woody following her right behind. “ Hello cousin.”

 

“ Sooyoung” Yuri stopped what she was doing and put the files away. “ I was waiting for you.”

 

Sooyoung took a seat in front of Yuri’s desk and Woody laid beside her“ I was also waiting for your call, you took longer than I expected. Even though I had told you I would be expecting a call soon, I didn’t expect you to make me wait so long.” Sooyoung had told herself before hands that she would not let her anger interfere with anything, but that didn’t mean she was not willing to state out the truth.

 

“ I was busy with Sooyeon.” Yuri crossed her arms; she knew her cousin would act like this.

 

“ You mean Jessica, my fiancée.” Sooyoung corrected her.

 

Yuri furrowed her eyebrows, “ She never received an answer, and you never said yes”

 

Sooyoung chuckled at her cousin’s response, “ She knew my answer, and she would have been married to me at the moment if you hadn’t hid the fact that she was still alive.”

 

Yuri nodded, “ Yes your right but I didn’t, didn’t I?”

 

Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance, “ Why? Why didn’t you tell me? “

 

“ Because I love her and I’m not going to let her get hurt again. This time I’m not going to sit on the side lines and let her cry on my shoulder because of you.” Yuri had been Jessica's comfort when she had an argument with Sooyoung; she was hurt seeing the person she loved get hurt by someone else. When she found out about Jessica's position she took the opportunity to make the girl fall for her.

 

“ You know the answer to why I couldn’t complete all of her requests so don’t you dare try to pin this on me and put me in the position as the bad guy, it’s unfair for you to do so. Especially since I’m giving you the opportunity to explain yourself. Further more, Jessica is my lifemate and you know it, she belongs to me.” Sooyoung was angered with what Yuri had said about her. Sure she may have hurt Jessica at times but every couple had there fights, but that didn’t mean that she would not try to fix the problem the best she could. At the end the both would make up and fix the problem the best they both could. Sooyoung was actually grateful she had a very understanding girlfriend.

 

“ That’s where you are wrong. “

 

Sooyoung was confused.

 

“ She is also my lifemate.” Yuri confessed.

 

“ Bull. That’s not possible.” Sooyoung denied Yuri’s confession.

 

Yuri chuckled at Sooyoung's reaction. “ It’s true. Why? You know why Sooyoung. You never truly sealed the bond. You never claimed Jessica as yours, I mean sure she claimed you but did you ever return the favor?”

 

Sooyoung was angered with Yuri, “ You know why I couldn’t claim her!” Sooyoung stood up and grabbed Yuri by the collar of her shirt. “ You… “ Sooyoung looked Yuri on the eyes “ You didn’t…”

 

Yuri grabbed Sooyoung by her wrists and applied pressure but Sooyoung didn’t let her go. “ I did. She’s mine now.”

 

“ You !” Sooyoung was enraged with Yuri; she picked Yuri up by the collar and slammed her to the wall. “ You did not just claim her without my consent!”

 

Yuri groaned, “ I did.” She then pushed Sooyoung off of her.

 

“ You !” Sooyoung snapped and punched Yuri, even though her hand was still a bit swollen from punching Amber. Sooyoung was so angry with Yuri she was in tears.

 

There was a knock at the door. “ Ms. Kwon is everything okay in there?”

 

Yuri wiped the blood off of her lip, “ Yes Eunmi, everything is fine don’t worry about things, go back to work.”

 

“ How could you?” Sooyoung glared at her.” You won’t get away with this. I won’t let you.”

 

“ I already have. What are you going to do about it?” Yuri was still angered with Sooyoung's actions. If Sooyoung dared to step out of line once more she wouldn’t hesitate to fight back.

 

“ I…” Sooyoung paused for a second. “ I can still break the bond. I still have a chance to break the bond and you know I will take that opportunity if Jessica let’s me.”

 

Yuri laughed at Sooyoung, “ How? You couldn’t do it before, how could you now?”

 

Sooyoung smirked, “ Let me show you. “

 

Yuri felt her body constrain and she couldn’t move a muscle. “ How… how are you doing this? “ Yuri tightened her fists as she tried to free herself. “You lost your powers years ago.”

 

Sooyoung chuckled at Yuri’s attempt to free her self. “ I did, but I worked on them, when Jessica supposedly died I was strict on myself. I tortured myself day and night in order to get these powers back, I was too weak to ever help her with anything, but not this time. This time will be different, I won’t up this time, and I’ll give her anything and everything I can. “ Sooyoung let Yuri free.

 

Yuri was shocked that Sooyoung had received her powers once more; she had thought that Sooyoung had lost them for sure. She then grabbed Sooyoung by the collar and heard a growl emitting from the spot Sooyoung had sat before. “ You… “ Yuri was enraged once more but as much as she wanted to play unfair she knew she couldn’t. “ I’m not giving up on her that easily.” She pushed Sooyoung away from her.

 

“ Neither am I.” Sooyoung took her stand and held her head up high; she wasn’t about to stand aside. “ I’m guessing you know what this means too.”

 

Yuri sighed and nodded, “ I’ll make the announcement in the next meeting and I’ll have everything prepared by the end of the month. Make sure to catch up on everything Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung smiled, “ Let’s do this fairly Yuri. I want to fight up against you in winning Jessica's full heart fairly.” Sooyoung held her right hand out to Yuri.

 

Yuri nodded and held Sooyoung's hand in her own. “ I plan to play fairly, no dirty play and who ever loses must accept defeat.”

 

Sooyoung nodded, “ Of course.”

 

Yuri smiled and hugged her cousin. “ As much as I hate to admit this, I’m actually glad you got your powers back, I’m kind of getting sick of having to order everyone around. I don’t know how you did it.” Sure they may love the same girl but in the end they both still recognized each other as cousins. “ I missed you so much Sooyoung, don’t you dare leave like that ever again Sooyoung.”

 

Sooyoung laughed as she hugged Yuri back. “ I honestly don’t know how I did it either... Do me a favor though.”

 

Yuri let go of Sooyoung and stepped back. “ What is it?”

 

“ Help me run the agency. Be my partner in crime, I really can’t do this alone again, I honestly don’t remember how I did it before I lost all my powers.” Sooyoung scratch her temple in embarrassment.

 

Yuri laughed, “ Of course, but only because I know how much of a pain in the it can be to run this agency.”

 

Sooyoung smiled and hugged her cousin in excitement. “Thank you so much!”

 

“ Sooyoung let go… I can’t breathe.” Yuri was suffocating in Sooyoung's bear hug.

 

“ Oops, sorry.” Sooyoung let go of Yuri right away.

 

“ Isn’t there a policy not to let animals inside the building?” Yuri asked Sooyoung as she eyed the dog that was lying down next to one of the chairs.

 

Sooyoung guiltily smiled, “ Yeah… but he’s an exception. He’s the reason why I didn’t go completely insane.”

 

Yuri nodded, “ Well dog, consider yourself lucky to have one powerful person to have around, not to mention rich, as your owner.” She received a bark in return.

 

Sooyoung chuckled, “ He has a name, you can call him woody, and I’m not even his owner.”

 

“ Who’s the owner?” Yuri asked as she furrowed her eyes in curiosity.

 

“ Amber, which reminds me, I better get going. It’s getting kind of late already and this hasn’t ate, and I’m also getting kind of hungry myself.” Sooyoung said as she patted her stomach.

 

“ Shikshin.” Yuri said and she got another bark in return. “ Don’t tell me…”

 

Sooyoung nodded,” I found someone else” she then smiled.

 

Yuri shook her head, “ Don’t fatten him up, he’s a dog not you.”

 

Sooyoung laughed, “ I may or may have not messed with his genes. Trust me he’s good, but don’t tell Amber she doesn’t know about it.”

 

Yuri laughed, “ I don’t even want to know the reason to why you did.” Yuri then sighed. “ Well I better get back to work. I still have a lot to catch up on.”

 

Sooyoung nodded and grabbed Woody’s leash. “I bet you are, I’ll take my leave. Work hard Yuri, I’ll be helping around here soon. “ Sooyoung walked to the door and opened it. “ Oh and may the best win.”

 

Yuri smiled and waved at Sooyoung, “ Of course, have a safe drive back home.”

 

Sooyoung smiled and waved back “ Thanks! Goodbye Yuri.” She then closed the door and headed back out. She exited the building and the valet brought her car to the front for her. He helped her get inside the car and Sooyoung drove her way back home.

 

‘ This time around, it will be different.’