Chapter 10

LifeMate

“ It means we’re lifemate’s” Amber stated. She knew things could only go two ways after this conversation, but she was willing to take the risk for Krystal’s sake.

 

Krystal furrowed her eyebrows at Amber, “ We’re what?”

 

Amber bit her lip, “ What I’m about to tell you might sound crazy. Have a seat first.”

 

Krystal was nervous for some reason, yet curious to see what Amber would say next. “ Okay.” Krystal then took a seat.

 

“ Have you ever heard of Soulmate’s” Amber asked as she sat down.

 

Krystal nodded.

 

“Well, when you have a lifemate it’s kind of like it. Except.” Amber was trying her best to explain everything the best she could.

 

“ Except?” Krystal asked her curiosity boosted.

 

“ Well when you have a lifemate, you’re literally stuck with that person for life.” Amber tried to remember her best about her trainee days. She really was wishing at the moment she had paid attention to her Supervisor.

 

“ You mean like marriage?”

 

“ In a way yes, but the thing is that you can’t choose your partner it chooses it for you. Oh and you also can’t get into a divorce. So when they say, ‘till death do us part’, it literally means that when you have a lifemate. You pretty much can’t live with out them.”

 

“ So it’s kind of like fate?”

 

“ In sense, yes you could say that.”

 

“ So… why can’t one person live without the other?”

 

“ Well honestly it depends on the individual. Like in some cases, that I have heard, it causes some to go crazy in the head, other’s start to get weak and sometimes that leads to death, and if you get lucky you only get mini seizures and faint.” Amber smiled at Krystal.

 

“ You say that like it’s a good thing.” Krystal couldn’t believe Amber at the moment.

 

Amber chuckled, “ Well that’s the best option of them all. I mean would you rather go crazy or die?”

 

Krystal sighed, “ You make a good point.” Krystal then crossed her arms across her chest “ So… you’re saying that we are lifemate’s?”

 

“ Yes and no.”

 

Krystal furrowed her brows, “ Explain yourself you just lost me.”

 

“ Your not truly lifemate’s till you seal the bond. Kind of like marriage, your not married till you say your vows and all of that stuff.”

 

“ Then there would be no reason for one to get married.”

 

“ Well yeah but we do it for the sake of the human’s with them having to have everything documented. “ Amber knew what was coming next.

 

“What do you mean? You say that like you’re not human?” Krystal felt something was off.

 

“Before I explain that, do you have any other question’s about having a lifemate?”

 

“No. Now explain.”

 

“Liar. You have another question, I know you do, just ask me what it is.” Amber wasn’t going to move on until Krystal asked away.

 

“ Amber, just explain to me what you meant when you just said that.”

 

“No.”

 

Krystal stood up. “Fine! What happens when you don’t seal that bond?”

 

“ Well… there is a slight chance you can find someone else, but the chances of that happening are like zero to none. The last time that happened was like hundreds of years ago. And I know what you are thinking, so don’t leave yet.“ Amber stood up and blocked the doorway. “ Not after what I’m about to tell you.”

 

“ No, you know what I’ve had enough of this, I’m leaving and like you said I can just look for someone else.” Krystal pushed Amber aside.

 

“ No you can’t look for someone else, you can’t afford it” Amber grabbed her by the wrist.

 

“Why not?” Krystal glared at Amber and Amber let go.

 

 “ Because… you’re not human.” Amber blocked the doorway once more.

 

Krystal made her way through Amber, “ This is crazy, and you’re crazy. I am getting out of here and you need to get some help.” Amber appeared in front of Krystal once more. “ No you’re not” Krystal stopped in her footsteps, she was shocked. She could have sworn she had just pushed Amber out of her way not so long ago. “ How did you?”

 

Amber appeared behind Krystal and held her by her waist, “ Do this?”

 

Krystal turned around in Amber’s embrace.

 

“ I told you, we are not human.” Amber held Krystal close to her.

 

Krystal looked at Amber in the eyes, “ What are you?”

 

“ I am what you guys call a grim reaper, I help restore balance to this world.”

 

Krystal furrowed her eyebrows, “ So does that mean that I-”

 

Amber shook her head, “No, your not one, at least I don’t think you are one. Everyone is different.”

 

“I’m speechless. I don’t know what to say, this is all so overwhelming.” Krystal still couldn’t believe it. “ Are you sure I’m not human?”

 

Amber pulled away from Krystal and grabbed her hand, “ Do you feel that? That weird sensation?”

 

Krystal nodded, “ Yeah it almost feels like little currents going through my body.”

 

Amber then let her go and stepped back “ Okay, now punch me.”

 

“ Why?” Krystal looked at Amber as if she were crazy.

 

“ Just do it.”

 

Krystal crossed her arm “ No, I don’t punch people unless I have a reason to.”

 

Amber rolled her eyes at her “ Okay Ms. I don’t punch people unless I have a reason to.” She tried to imitate her voice.

 

“ Yah!” Krystal yelled at Amber.

 

“Yah!”

 

“I swear Amber if you don’t-”

 

“ I swear Amber if you don’t” Amber was then punched on the jaw. Her face contorted as she held her jaw. “ Again with the jaw”

 

“ I told you to stop stupid.” Krystal actually felt guilty for punching Amber like that but the older girl deserved it.

 

“ I know but you wouldn’t hit me. Now here’s another thing that proves your not human… human’s can’t hurt me.” Amber said as she rubbed her jaw.

 

“ What do you mean?”

 

“ I mean if I were to be jumped by 5 humans and they all started to attack me, you know like punching and kicking, they wouldn’t cause any type of damage to my body. I would probably be laughing my off on how weak they actually are.” Amber shrugged.

 

Krystal looked at Amber in the eyes, “ Why? Why are you telling me all this?”

 

Amber grabbed Krystal’s hand in her own, “ Because you are of our kind Krystal. You are what we call ourselves an Eonded.”

 

“What…What are we?”

 

“ Human’s have called us by many name’s actually like a grim reaper” Amber pointed at her self “ Fairies, demon’s, Angel’s, you name it.”

 

“ So we’re from another realm?”

 

“ Kind of, I guess you can say that.” Amber shrugged.

 

Krystal furrowed her brows “ I still don’t get it.”

 

“ What don’t you get?”

 

“ Why didn’t you let me be in my normal human life? I mean why don’t you just look for someone else? And why can’t I look for someone else? I mean don’t get me wrong your pretty nice and all but it’s almost as if…” Krystal then looked at Amber in the eyes. She saw that Amber’s eyes had softened a bit. “ What are you hiding from me? Amber?”

 

Amber cupped Krystal’s cheek “ Please try not to get mad at me.”

 

Krystal sighed, what could she do? Amber’s gaze was melting her already “ I’ll try not to but I make no promises.”

 

Amber then hugged Krystal “ Remember when I said I am what humans call a grim reaper?”

 

Krystal nodded into her shoulder.

 

“ Well sometime’s humans do things and they cheat death. So every time someone cheats death, it’s either they die or they are replaced with someone else. Only and if they are proven to have a second chance in life.” Amber tightened the hug. “ Someone cheated death Krystal and you were chosen to substitute them in their place.”

 

Krystal’s body became stiff, “ You mean…”

 

Amber nodded “ You were appointed to me. I was meant to execute you.”

 

Krystal tried to get out of Amber’s embrace. “ Let me go!”

 

“No! I’m not letting you go Krystal.” Amber felt Krystal’s wet tears on her shirt.           “ Trust me, I won’t hurt you. And I won’t let anyone else hurt you.”

 

“ How are you going to get me out of this? I’m supposed to be dead, you’re supposed to kill me.” Krystal was in tears.

 

Amber pulled away and held Krystal in her embraces “ All I have to do is prove that you’re not human. Once they know your not, they won’t execute you.”

 

Krystal sniffed, “ And how are you planning to do that?”

 

“ You may not like it.”

 

Krystal sighed and rested her forehead on Amber’s shoulder “ Just tell me.”

 

Amber’s body went rigid, “ I have to claim you.”

 

“ And if I say no?” Krystal questioned.

 

“ Then I’m not killing you. They’ll hire someone else to kill the both of us. Just as simple as that.” Amber hugged the girl and rubbed her back “ I know I’m not giving you many option’s but I’ll give you time to at least think about it… I’ll give you three day’s.”

 

“ There’s no point in thinking about it Amber. I don’t have a choice either way, I’m stuck with you.”

 

Amber pulled out of the embrace once more and scowled “ You make it sound like it’s a bad thing.”

 

“ I’ll be stuck with your llama faced till I die.”

 

“ Correction. My handsome llama face.” Amber smiled.

 

Krystal smiled “ Stupid that doesn’t make you any better than what you already were.”

 

“ I’m still handsome.” Amber said as she shrugged.

 

“ So… when are we getting this over with?” Krystal asked.

 

“ We could just get it over with… but.”

 

“ What is it now?”

 

“ You have to break up with your boyfriend. He doesn’t fit in the picture.”