Chapter 12

LifeMate

“ You have to break up with your boyfriend. He doesn’t fit in the picture.”

 

Krystal stayed silent and looked at amber in the eyes. Amber started to tense up, she knew what she was going to say next. “ I can’t”

 

Amber knew it, she knew Krystal would say no. ‘ Just as I thought, geez Amber what were you thinking? You really thought she would come running into your arms once she found out you are her lifemate? Especially since she doesn’t have any other option but to stay with you? Wow… I sound pathetic.’

 

A squeeze on Amber’s arm brought her back to reality. “ I’m sorry Amber, I know you’re my lifemate and everything but you have to understand that he helped me so much when my sister was gone. He was there for me; I just can’t do that to him. We…. We have been through so much. I just can’t… I love him to much to do that to him.”

 

Amber felt her heart clench and she felt as tightened, “ No, it’s fine. I understand… I’m just hoping you can give me the opportunity to maybe have a place within your heart? “

 

Krystal hugged Amber, “ Maybe time will be able to tell.”

 

Amber hugged her close to her body, “ Then we will have to put the ritual off for a few days.” Amber tightened her embrace a bit “ Can you do me a favor?”

 

“ If it’s with in my power to do so, of course.” Krystal nuzzled her nose in the crook of Amber’s neck and took in her scent, she couldn’t get enough of it.

 

“ Can you not have me meet up with him? I don’t know how I will react; I’d rather be on the safe side and not be face to face with him. I don’t want to end up doing something that I’ll regret.”

 

Krystal nodded, “ Are you the jealous type?”

 

Amber chuckled, “ Not really, but when you find your lifemate you tend to do things you’re not so proud of and sometimes things don’t turn out the way you want them to. To be honest with you, I had to restrain myself so much when he pulled me from you. I literally had to inflict some pain upon myself to restrain myself from doing anything to him. My tongue is still sore because of it.”

 

Krystal pulled out of the hug, “ You bit your tongue?”

 

Amber nodded. 

 

“Let me see.”

 

Amber poked her tongue out at Krystal and showed her where she had hurt herself. “ Do you see it?” Amber mumbled.

 

“ Stupid, next time don’t do that to yourself. I don’t want you to bite your whole tongue off.” Krystal said as she examined the wound.

 

Amber pouted, “ Well I didn’t want to create a big scene….”

 

Krystal giggled at Amber, “Okay, fine. I won’t have you two meeting up. I’m worried for both of your health’s”

 

“ Thanks” Amber smiled at Krystal. She really didn’t want to run into Minho again, she really didn’t know what she was capable of and she didn’t want to know what she was capable of.

 

The opening of a door startled both Krystal and Amber, and they pulled away from each other. They were both then welcomed by a barking sound racing toward them.

 

“ Whoa there Woody. No! Woody down boy! Down!” Amber tried to calm the overly hyper active dog from literally throwing himself at her.

 

“ Amber? Your awake?” Sooyoung came in walking to where Amber and Krystal were. “ Oh… Hi. My name is Sooyoung, Choi Sooyoung.”

 

“ Why is it that every Choi that I meet are so tall?” Krystal mumbled and Amber laughed.

 

Sooyoung was confused, “ Excuse me?”

 

Krystal shook her head, “ Nothing. I’m Krystal, Krystal Jung Soojung”

 

Sooyoung furrowed her eyebrows and glared at Amber, “ Isn’t she?”

 

Amber nodded, “ I know what you’re thinking, but she’s our kind, she’s an Eonded.”

 

Sooyoung was confused, “How?” Reason to how Sooyoung knew about Amber’s target was because she was the one that sometimes managed her files.

 

“ Krystal here… she… well she’s my lifemate… That’s how I was able to find out.”

 

Sooyoung sighed, “ You know what your messing with right Amber? Don’t explain the rest I already have an idea of what you’re planning to do.”

 

Amber nodded.

 

Sooyoung sighed once more, “ Fine, but just know that I won’t be able to protect you from Yuri’s choice of judgment for you.”

 

“ I know and I’m willing to except my judgment.” Amber smiled at Sooyoung “ Don’t worry about it Sooyoung, I know what I’m getting myself into.”

 

“ What judgment?” Krystal was confused. “ What does Sooyoung mean Amber?”

 

Amber looked at Krystal and smiled, “ Don’t worry about it Princess, let me worry about it.”

 

“ No Amber I’m being involved in this too. Now tell me what she meant.” Krystal said as she crossed her arms over her chest.

 

Amber sighed, “ How about this, I’ll tell you when the right time comes. I’d rather not talk about it right now. Okay?”

 

Krystal furrowed her eyebrows and gave in. “ Fine but you better tell me or else.”

 

Sooyoung chuckled at the two. “ She reminds me so much of Jessica when we were both still together. They both have the same cold aura and sharp eye’s”

 

Amber’s body went rigid. “ Who’s Jessica?” Krystal asked Sooyoung.

 

Sooyoung smiled, “ She’s my ex… which reminds me.” Sooyoung squeezed Ambers shoulder.

 

“ Amber. She’s alive. Jessica is alive!” Sooyoung had a kid like smile plastered on her face.

 

Amber was shocked she couldn’t believe her ears. “ She… She what!”

 

Sooyoung grabbed both of Amber’s shoulder’s and shook her. “ Jessica is alive! She is alive and breathing!”

 

Amber was confused, “ H-How?”

 

Sooyoung let go of Amber, “ Woody, he found her at a restaurant eating with Yuri. At first I was having my doubts but when I shook her hand, I knew it was Jessica and then I met up with Yuri just now and she said that she really was Jessica. You don’t know how happy I am right now Amber!”

 

“ I… I’m so happy for you Sooyoung” Amber hugged Sooyoung “ I’m so glad that she’s alive and healthy.”

 

Sooyoung hugged Amber back “ Yeah but…”

 

Amber pulled back, “ But?”

 

“ She has amnesia, she doesn’t remember anything.”

 

Amber draped her arm around Sooyoung’s neck, “ Hey. I bet you can change that. Don’t give up yet.”

 

Sooyoung smiled and pulled on Amber’s arm, resulting on Amber being flipped and landing on her back. Amber then groaned.  “I know that but don’t drape your arm like that on me, I don’t like having to bend down to your height.”

 

A giggle brought the two back to reality, they both had totally forgot that someone else was with them. “  I better get going. I have a long day ahead of me tomorrow.”

 

Amber stood up and walked Krystal out, “ I’ll walk you out.”

 

“ Good bye Krystal. It was nice meeting you.” Sooyoung said before she walked toward her room and Woody followed her.

 

“ Have a good night Sooyoung, it was nice meeting you too.” Krystal said and then followed Amber out.

 

As Amber and Krystal walked toward to Krystal’s car, Amber had stayed silent the whole entire time.

 

“ Thanks again Amber, for everything, and I mean it.” Krystal smiled as she stood in front of her car.

 

Amber stuck her hands into her pockets, “ Your welcome. Drive home safely, I’ll call you later.”

 

Krystal walked up to Amber and kissed Amber on the cheek. “ Goodnight” She then got into her car and drove off.

 

Amber grinned, “ Don’t you dare Amber, don’t you dare blush like a school girl.” She said as she walked back into the building and into her apartment. Amber’s skin was flushed the whole entire way up to her apartment.

 

Amber then walked to Sooyoung’s room and poked her head inside. “ Hey, you have a minute?”

 

Sooyoung was taking old memories from her wardrobe. “ Yeah, come on in.”

 

“ Thanks.” Amber walked in and settled on her bed; Woody saw Amber and rested himself on her lap. “ What are you planning to do?”

 

“ I need to meet up with Jessica, I need to make her remember everything again. I also need to make her fall for me again, which is going to be tough.”

 

“ Why?” Amber petted Woody.

 

“ I found out that Yuri claimed her, but there’s still a possibility of breaking the bond. Yuri and I are going to go head to head for her. Fair play, no dirty play.”

 

Amber furrowed her brows “ Yuri claimed her?”

 

Sooyoung nodded, “ Yeah, you don’t know how pissed I was when I found out.”

 

“ I bet you were, but how are you going to break the bond? You don’t have your powers” Things weren’t adding up to Amber.

 

Sooyoung smirked and started to lift objects around the room, “ Guess again.”

 

Amber looked around the room; she was amazed “ How?”

 

“ I got my powers back when Jessica supposedly died. So that put’s me at an advantage.” Sooyoung then placed the objects back down in their previous positions.

 

“ I wish you the best of luck Sooyoung, I’m glad you got your power’s back… wait, so does that mean that your going back?”

 

Sooyoung nodded, “ Yeah, Yuri’s stepping down from her position by the end of the month but she will be helping me run the agency.”

 

“ That’s great, that also means it won’t be so tough on either of you.”

 

Sooyoung nodded once more, “ Yeah, what about you and Krystal huh?”

 

Amber sighed, “ Don’t remind me about her right now. I’m kind of bummed out right now.”

 

Sooyoung furrowed her brows at Amber, “Why?”

 

“ She has a boyfriend” Amber said as she pouted.

 

“ Don’t tell me, she doesn’t want to break things off with him?” Sooyoung asked.

 

Amber shook her head, “ No.”

 

Sooyoung chuckled at the younger girl, “ Give her time, and trust me, maybe within time you can change her mind.”

 

Amber sighed once more as she raked her fingers through her hair, “ I know but still that doesn’t change the fact that I’m still bummed out because of it.” Amber then got up “ Well I’m heading back to sleep, if you need me I’ll be in bed.”

 

“ Hey Amber?” Amber turned around before she could step out of the room. “ Yeah?”

 

“ Don’t give up, you can do it. Fighting!” Amber chuckled at Sooyoung in her attempt to cheer her up. “ Thanks Sooyoung, goodnight.”

 

“ Goodnight Amber.” Sooyoung bid her a Goodnight’s sleep.

 

Amber then walked to her room and laid down on her bed.  “ Stupid Minho.”