Chapter 23

LifeMate

Sooyoung sighed as she laid down on her bed. She was frustrated and annoyed over the fact that Amber had ruined her moment with Jessica. Not only was she annoyed with the younger girl, but also she was annoyed with the fact that she was craving cake, chocolate cake to be exact.

 

Sooyoung’s stomach grumbled, she then groaned. “That’s it! I’m making a stupid cake.”

 

Sooyoung got off the bed and made her way down stairs and into the kitchen; where a mess then greeted her. “Woody!” Sooyoung screamed the dog’s name. “What have I told you about staying away from the kitchen!”

 

A dog crawling on all fours made his way into the kitchen. He was scared of Sooyoung at the moment; he knew he would get a scolding, but he was just so hungry and no one was in sight. Woody whimpered in response.

 

Sooyoung sighed as she shook her head. “You could have at least cleaned your own mess.”

 

Woody whimpered once more and made his way to Sooyoung’s feet.

 

Sooyoung let out a huff, “ I won’t clean this mess so you better clean this by the time I get back down. I’m going to go change my clothes because I’m going to bake a cake, and you’re not having any of it.” She then made her way back to her room to go change.

 

Woody whined as he started to move objects and place things back to where they were meant to be.  It wasn’t his fault he was damn hungry and no one was in sight to feed him.

 

Sooyoung came back to a clean kitchen, “ Now was that so hard?”

 

Woody whined in response.

 

“Stop being such a big baby and help me bake the bread for the cake.” Sooyoung pulled out an apron from a drawer and put it on. She then proceeded to get the ingredients and placed them all on the table along with the utensils she was going to use in order to make the cake. Sooyoung then proceeded to mix all the ingredients to make the bread, and when she was done, she put the batter into a cake pan and into the oven for it to bake.

 

Time passed and the aroma of the chocolate cake could be smelled through out the entire lower floor. Sooyoung had cleaned the mess she had made and started to make the whip cream.

 

“What are you baking? It smells good.”

 

Sooyoung looked up and saw Jessica make her way down the stairs. A loud beeping sound was then heard. She opened the oven and took out the hot bread, “Chocolate cake. Can you open the fridge for me please?”

 

“Sure.” Jessica then opened the fridge and Sooyoung put the tray inside in order for the bread to cool down.

 

“What are you making over here?” Jessica stood in front of the cake mixer.

 

“That’s the frosting, give it a minute and the liquid will slowly start to become actual frosting.” True to Sooyoung's words, the liquid did start to become into frosting.

 

“That’s so cool, I never knew you made frosting like this.”

 

Sooyoung smiled and stood next to Jessica, “Well now you’ve learned something new.” She then turned off the machine and took the frosting out from the mixer. “ Would you like to help me set up the cake?”

 

“Can I?”

 

“Yeah sure, but let’s cut the strawberries first.” Sooyoung took out some strawberries out of the fridge and put them on the cutting board so took out. “Just cut the top end of the berry and cut it into thin slices vertically. Like this.” Sooyoung said as she did the procedure. “Here, but don’t cut yourself.”

 

“Okay.” Jessica took hold of the knife that Sooyoung handed her and tried to repeat Sooyoung’s instructions.

 

“Good, now don’t worry about how thin you should cut them since they will be going inside the cake.”

 

Jessica stopped cutting and looked at Sooyoung, “You stuff these in there?”

 

Sooyoung laughed at Jessica’s cute clueless expression, “You don’t stuff them inside like you would for a turkey. Come on, I’ll show you. That should be more than enough sliced strawberries.”

 

Sooyoung took out a cake slicer; she took the cake out of the pan and cut the cake in half horizontally. “ Now this part of the cake will be the top half while this part will be the bottom half.”

 

“And from there you put the frosting and strawberries like you would for a sandwich right?”

 

“Yup” Sooyoung grabbed one of the icing bags filled with icing and cover the bottom half with the frosting. “Now help me put the strawberries on top.”

 

Jessica helped Sooyoung put the strawberries on top of the cake. She found baking a cake very interesting. “Like this?”

 

“Yes. Okay that should be it. Now I’ll just put another layer of frosting like this…. And finally I can place the top half of the bread on top.”

 

“Now you put the rest of the frosting. Am I right?”

 

Sooyoung nodded as she grabbed the icing bag and started to cover the bread in frosting.

 

“How do you smoothen it out?” Jessica asked as she watched Sooyoung.

 

“ I dip a spatula in hot water in order to smoothen it. Which reminds, can you pour some hot water in this pitcher?” Sooyoung handed Jessica the pitcher.

 

“Sure.”  Jessica took the pitcher and filled it with hot water. “Here you go.” She then gave the water pitcher to Sooyoung.

 

“Thanks. Now the trick is to keep the spatula pretty warm so that when you spread the frosting it can stay smooth and it won’t stick to the spatula. You see.” Sooyoung showed Jessica how to spread the icing evenly through out the whole cake. “Just make sure to not show any of the bread and keep it all looking consistent.”

 

While Sooyoung was explaining, Jessica had been admiring the younger girl. Forget the cake, she couldn’t get her eyes off of Sooyoung. She had to admit, the younger girl had very attractive facial features from her dark chocolate orbs to those plump luscious lips. Now to anyone who looked at Sooyoung work on the cake would think that Sooyoung had a firm focused facial expression, but not to Jessica, oh no not to her, Jessica thought Sooyoung looked hot while she concentrated to make the cake. She just couldn’t believe that she didn’t notice it when she first laid her eyes on the younger girl.

 

‘’ 

 

Jessica was screwed big time, Sooyoung went from hot to y as hell as the girl tucked some strands of hair behind her ear. A scowl was prominent on Sooyoung’s face as she realized one side was not as even as the other. Jessica unconsciously bit her lip.

 

“Hey Jessica?”

 

 

“Jessica?”

 

 

“Hello? Earth to Jessica?”  Sooyoung waved her hand in front of the dazed girl.

 

“… Huh”

 

Sooyoung chuckled at the older girl, “I’m done. See?” Sooyoung showed her the finished cake. “Oh wait. I’m forgetting to add one last touch to it.” Sooyoung then grabbed three strawberries and focused on placing them correctly in the middle of the white cake. When she finally placed them correctly, she was greeting by white frosting being smeared on her nose.

 

Sooyoung was surprised that Jessica had smeared frosting on her “ What-“ she was then interrupted before she could finish her sentence.

 

“Stop making that face.”

 

Sooyoung scowled, “What face?” she then cleaned her nose.

 

Jessica dipped her fingers in the frosting once more and smeared it on Sooyoung’s nose once more. “That face.”

 

“Stop smearing frosting on my nose. And why can’t I make this face?” Sooyoung cleaned her nose once more and her scowl deepened.

 

“ Because I said so, so stop making that face.” Jessica said as she dipped her finger in the frosting and was about too smear it on Sooyoung’s face once more, but was stopped when Sooyoung held her wrist.

 

“Woman this is my natural face! If you want me to tear my face off then I don’t think that would be possible. Now tell me why can’t I make this face.” Sooyoung pulled Jessica closer to her.

 

“Because…” Jessica looked at Sooyoung’s lips.

 

“Go on.” Sooyoung noticed Jessica’s eyes look down onto her lips.

 

“Because…” Jessica stood on her toes as she leaned in close to Sooyoung’s ear. She noticed how the girl stiffened a bit and took the opportunity to dip her whole hand in the frosting. “Because I said so. “, She whispered in Sooyoung’s ear.  She then backed away from Sooyoung and smeared the frosting all over her face.

 

Jessica laughed at Sooyoung’s stupefied state.

 

“…. Oh hell no” Sooyoung dipped her hand in the frosting and ran after Jessica.

 

Jessica had stopped laughing and screamed as she made a run for it up the stairs. As she headed up the stairs, she noticed Amber in the middle of the hallway, “Move Amber!” Amber listened to the older girl’s command and stepped back. Jessica rushed down the hallway and into her room; she did not forget to lock the door.

 

Sooyoung rushed up stairs after Jessica. “Jessica!” she was then greeted by Amber. The girl then laughed at Sooyoung and Sooyoung just glared at the girl. “Shut up and don’t ask” The girl stopped laughing and put her hands up, though a prominent grin could be seen on the girls face.

 

Sooyoung quickly made her way to Jessica’s front door and tried to open the door, only to fail miserably; the door was locked. “Jessica, Open the door!” Sooyoung screamed as she knocked on the door.

 

“No!” Jessica screamed back through her laughs.

 

“Don’t make me open this door Jessica!”

 

“As if you could.” Jessica made the choice of saying the wrong words.

 

Sooyoung smirked she then looked down onto the doorknob and unlocked the door. “Oh Jessica! ~” Sooyoung said as she held her hand up filled with frosting.

 

“ Wait Sooyoung.” Jessica put her two hands in front of her as she stood on the other side of the bed. “ I told you not to make that face, but you just didn’t listen.”

 

Sooyoung locked the door and walked closer to the other side of the bed,  “And I asked why; yet, you did not answer my question and rubbed frosting on my face. So let me ask you again Sica, why can’t I make this face.” Sooyoung scowled once more.

 

Jessica bit her lip, “Be-because.”

 

“Because?” Sooyoung stood on top of the bed.

 

Jessica saw an opening to escape away from Sooyoung, “Don’t even think about it.” Sooyoung warned her, but Jessica didn’t listen she made a run for it once more.

 

Sooyoung sighed and used her powers to stop Jessica. Jessica screamed as she felt herself shift into a standing pose. Sooyoung walked over to the older girl and stood in front of her. Sooyoung pouted, “Why won’t you tell me?”

 

Jessica stayed quiet.

 

“Fine, if your going to play hard to get that means I’ll just have to try harder. So….” Sooyoung brought her hand up and the older girl’s eyes widened. “No wait Sooyoung- huh?“

 

Jessica was surprised by the fact that Sooyoung didn’t rub the frosting on her. Instead Sooyoung rubbed the frosting from check to cheek making her look as if she had a white beard. “Now since you won’t answer my question. I’ll just have to torture you a bit.” Sooyoung leaned in and kissed Jessica’s jaw.

 

Jessica let out a gasp as she felt the cool frosting touch her skin.

 

Sooyoung smirked and rubbed her cheek against Jessica’s, “Please Sica. Tell me.”

 

Jessica then let out a squeal as she felt half of her face being smothered in frosting.

 

“Come on Sica. Tell me. ~” Sooyoung then rubbed her other check against Jessica’s other clean cheek.

 

Jessica stayed mum.

 

Sooyoung pouted, “ You’re a tough one to break… very well then.”  Sooyoung leaned in closer to Jessica. “I’ll just have to slowly break your walls.” Sooyoung then kissed the older girl. It wasn’t until about a minute later that she felt Jessica return the kiss. Sooyoung smirked through the kiss and parted lips from Jessica. Jessica in return let out a small whine.

 

“Tell me.” Sooyoung whispered.

 

Jessica felt Sooyoung’s warm breath on her lips; she knew that if Sooyoung kept this up then she would fall into temptation. “No.”

 

Sooyoung captured Jessica’s lips once more and deepened the kiss. She received a moan in response and then parted from Jessica’s lips once more. “Please?” Sooyoung then started to trail kisses down to Jessica’s neck when she did not hear an answer from the older girl.

 

Jessica moaned as she felt Sooyoung and nibble on her skin, she couldn’t take it anymore. The younger girl was driving her crazy already. “Be-because.”

 

Sooyoung let out a hum and on Jessica’s weak point. This action made Jessica moan even more.

 

“ Sooyoung.”

 

“Answer the question.” Sooyoung then a bit harder than before. She was so at the moment and she couldn’t help but want to mark Jessica.

 

“Because you’re…. so f-ing… ridiculously H-“ Jessica felt as Sooyoung kissed her once more; she took the chance to nibble on Sooyoung's bottom lip. “Hot.”

 

Sooyoung smirked and kissed Jessica; Jessica’s confession made Sooyoung to feel bolder. She released Jessica and pulled her close to her, and molded their bodies as one as she pushed Jessica towards a wall without breaking the kiss. A knock on the door pulled the two out of their kiss, “Hey guys I’m going out okay!”

 

Sooyoung smiled, “Okay, don’t stay out too late!” She saw how flushed Jessica looked under her gaze, “I must say” She quickly pecked Jessica on the lips, “ That was the sweetest kiss I have ever experienced.”

 

Jessica pinched Sooyoung’s abdomen and the younger girl let out a groan in response, “What was that for?”

 

“Pabo, don’t you dare kiss me with those lips again. Who knows how many girls’ you have kissed.” She pushed Sooyoung slightly and made her way to the bathing room in order to wash her face.

 

“What?” Sooyoung stared at the door that Jessica had just walked through, “What did I say?” Sooyoung was left dumbfounded.