CHAPTER V

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Later that day Dara asked permission from me to go out and have a walk by the beach alone. I'm having a bad feeling about this request that she wants but I gave in. "Just be back before sundown or else,."  I warned her.

"I'm not a kid, Kris," she just replied and planted a kiss on my forehead. It was not the usual lingering kiss that she gives me. It felt asking for forgiveness and understanding.

I stared at her until her back is nowhere to be made off from the yonder. To kill of the time alone I decided to check our car parked at the restaurant near our house. Keeping it ready all the time some of our bags are still there.

I thought of making our relationship formal by asking Dara to marry me. I smiled on the thought that she proposed to me first and how awkward that felt. Maybe this time I will do it right. Just scratch the part that I need to ask her father's permission first.

When I got in the car to take it for a test drive I noticed that someone is following me. I let it go and immediately got in the car.  I drove around the county and went back to the restaurant after 2 hours to park it again.

On the way back I bought a couple's ring from a street vendor. It is not expensive as I wish I can buy for her but I think it suits us. It was engraved with the word "Forever" inside the band and nothing else. I also bought her 3 red roses for my proposal.

Walking back to the house I thought I saw Dara walking ahead of me. I know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter