CHAPTER IV

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything is turning out well for us here in this isolated place of ours. Dara was able to find a job at a day care center at the nunnery not far from our house. To try and help out with the expenses I am accepting painting jobs around the area and recently I am working as a substitute Art teacher at the Middle School . The school was kind enough to hire me though i was never able to present any paper that might qualify me for the job. I was paid on a daily basis and it was not enough but any amount is fine as long as I'm with Dara. It has been 3 weeks since we ran away and still we are living in peace.

It was like any other day. After my class I usually pick up Dara at the Day care center with the bicycle the school loaned to me. we agreed to have a date that day and I'm so excited. The Middle School where i teach is about 2 miles from our house. With this activity my heart never falters which is a good sign I guess. "It's giving you an exercise when you ride a bicycle, it also keeps you healthy," Dara said when I told her about the bicycle.

I was on my way to the center when a car drove past me. Usually I don't mind those cars but this one is different. My heart skipped a beat making me stop and look at the car. It also skidded to stop not far from me "Go! drive fast! get away from here!" I'm trying to command myself but my feet won't go. I was planted on the side walk where I stopped.

"Didn't take long to find you Kris, still not good in hiding eh?" my dad said.

"Welcome to Pingtung County," I answered.

" I'm not going to drag you home right now, but I just want to inform you that I know where Dara and you work and also your address here, maybe some other time I will pay you both a visit," he said. I remember giving the address to the Middle school but it was the address of the restaurant 5 blocks away from our house. We never got around of getting the address of the house of Minzy.

"Sure, we will be more that willing to accommodate you, my wife will be more that thrilled," i replied as i pedal away from him.

I was never able to hear his response but I was awa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter