CHAPTER XIII

UNFINISHED BUSINESS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Everything that happened next came as a blur. Dr. Wu came from behind me followed by a medical team. I was pushed away by one of the medical person as theystrap Kris to a stretcher.

Beside Kris are 3 red roses and a jewelry box. I picked it up and held it close to my chest.  Then it came to my mind. Kris is going to ask me to marry him.

"Dara, I'm sorry," Mrs. Wu knelt beside me. Her eyes are red from crying and she is shaking.   I cannot stand being near her so I started to get up and walk away. I didn't pay attention to her pulling me back and Kris being taken away from me to God knows where.

"Are you happy now?" I blurted out as I walk pass Bom. I started walking to Minzy's house. I felt like I was hit by a truck. Punched in the gut by a prized boxer, and pushed in a pit of nails. What did I do to deserve all of this?

When I reached our house I went straight to our dresser where Kris is keeping his phone. I turned it on and saw our picture together with my students. We are playing house with them and pretending to be their parents.

"One day, we will have 12 kids and have a happy household," he told me. I cried to that thought. Here is Kris who only has about 2 months to live planning to have 12 children.  I lie down to our bed. Kris side is cold. "Forever you will be cold," I whispered as I inhale Kris' scent.

I fell asleep without knowing how. The next day I woke up disoriented. "Kris?' I asked as if he is somewhere. Goin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter