Chapter D.O

Exo Dating Game- (Halloween edition)
You walked away to the kitchen, hoping that you’d find something that wouldn’t give you a massive headache later. You took a glass from one of the shelves and filled it with cold water from the sink. And just as you were about to sit down on one of the chairs, you saw someone lurking behind the kitchen Island. 
 "Hey!-" you were just about to call out to the person on the floor, but the said person quickly jumped up from the floor and placed a finger on their mouth to quiet you down.
 "Is that you D.O?" You asked confused as you saw the male looking outside the kitchen for any sign of movement. 
 "Yeah." He said and let out a sigh as no one came in. 
 "Who are you hiding from?" You asked perplexed by his reaction. D.O shrugged.
 "The others. Mainly Baekhyun as he wanted to play spin the bottle." He admitted and sat down on a chair next to you. "It's not really my thing. And well, it's a bit too much alcohol involved." D.O continued and did a disgusted face. "Is that why you're here too?"
 "Yeah, for the beverage part at least." You said. "Far too much random drunk people out there. Why can't they just drink responsible?" You said with a sigh. "Guess it wouldn't be much fun then.”
 ”Yeah.” D.O said and made a shook his head slightly.
 "By the way." You said with a small smile and stood up. "I happen to know that there's some ice cream in the fridge if you want some." You said and bent down towards the fridge. 
 "I guess so. But do you think it's fine?" D.O asked slightly worried and you nodded.
 "Totally fine. I bought it for today so." You said and took out a box. "Strawberry or chocolate?" You asked.
 "Strawberry." He said and you threw him a popsicle". 
 "Nice catch." You said smiling took off the paper of your own strawberry ice cream. 
 "Thanks." D.O said with a smile and took off the paper of his too. 
 "Where did you get the inspiration for your costume then?" You asked D.O as you threw away the paper in the trash. 
 "I lost a bet with a friend in school to be honest." He said and smiled blushing. "This was the punishment that he figured out for me." He said and sighed. 
 "Well it's a kinda cute punishment though." You said and smiled at the shy side of him. "A friend of mine wanted to punish his friend by making him wear a pink apron to school for a whole week. I made him change the punishment to just recite a quote from fifty shades." You said and saw D.O's eyes grow big. 
 "I thought that his punishment was a bit off." He said. "Sounds like we have the same friend. And I guess that we enroll the same school then." He continued with a smirk. "I guess I'll have to come up with something good for you to do next time he mentions your name." 
 "Hey! I gave you a better punishment. You could've read anything from that book." You said and pouted.
 "I know." D.O said with a smile. I was just kidding. "Thanks to you got away from the apron." He said with a smirk and you blushed as you realized that he'd only joked. 
 "Oh." You said stupidly and looked down embarrassed. You looked up again at D.O quickly and he slowly moved closer to you. Your heart began to immediately beat faster as he reached for your face with his left hand. D.O leaned in closer and touched your cheek with his thumb. 
 "You got a little ice cream there." He said with a smile and you blushed at his remark. 
 "Thanks." You whispered and tried to find a place to fixate your gaze at. Anything except him. The room suddenly felt too small for the two of you and you heard your friend say something in a loud voice and you tilted your head slightly. 
 "I think they're playing truth or dare out there." You looked over at D.O quickly. "Wanna go out and try to hear their secrets?" You asked and D.O laughed. 
 "Sure." He agreed and stood up. 
For the rest of the night, the two of you sat next to each other, the whole game seemed like a shared private joke between the two of you. The night grew longer and as you were going to leave the party later, D.O accompanied you outside. 
 "See you at school later." He said and you nodded blushing. 
 "Yeah." Your cheeks turning even more red as you remember his fingers on your cheek. 
 "And don't forget to text me when you're home so I know you arrived safely." He continued and you nodded. 
 "Same to you." You said with a smile and took his hand that he reached out for you. "Don't have too fun without me now." You continued with a wink and D.O laughed and his thumb over the back of your hand. 
 "I won't." He promised and when he released your hand, a warmth had spread to your stomach that stayed all the way home.