Chapter 26

My Marriage With Mr.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You caught me?” he said with an exasperated breath, “I literally just came out and told you, stupid girl”.

Chanyeol turned white and Gahee just stood there with a smile on her face, which began to piss Mr. Park off even more.

“Now tell me why you are smiling. If you knew it, why didn’t you say anything before?” Mr. Park snarled as he grabbed her by the collar of her shirt and rammed her into the wall behind her.

“Because... I got you to say it out loud” she whispered loud enough for him and Chanyeol to hear.

Mr. Park squinted his eyes in irritation, “You were playing with me?”

“Yes. Thank you for making my search a little enjoyable” Gahee grinned at the man.

Mr. Parks face grew red in anger. His blood began to boil and his drunken state of rage had kicked back in at Gahee’s statement. “I’m going to kill you, you little ing ” he shouted and gripped onto the knife tighter.

Soon the front door had been kicked down and the SWAT team had ushered themselves in pointing all guns straight towards Mr. Park. “PUT THE WEAPON DOWN” the members shouted loudly at the man, surrounding him.

Mr. Park dropped the knife to the ground and hissed as he let go of Gahee. “Park Chansuk, you are under arrest for escaping arrest during transit, impersonating a military official, attempted murder, and child endangerment and abuse. Now, you know the drill. Get on the floor right now!” the head SWAT member said in a professional manner despite having so much rage on his face.

As soon as Mr. Park had gotten on the floor, he was tackled by the police and placed in handcuffs. As they dragged him out, he glared at Gahee and avoided eye contact with his son who stood there expressionless in the corner.

Gahee shakes hands with the superior SWAT team member and the moment she shuts the door behind them, she breaks down into tears. All the pain, grief, sorrow, anger, depression, sadness, loneliness, had taken over for the last time. Chanyeol curls up in the corner of the kitchen completely flabbergasted and betrayed once more by his father. He had been deceived again and used as a puppet to hurt Gahee again.

“I can’t believe those were his intentions….” Chanyeol muttered softly. Gahee wiped her eyes and glared at the boy, “You must be a complete imbecile if you didn't know your own fathers true intentions!” she hissed at the boy. Her blood was boiling and tears were b her eyes due to anger.

“He told me to pursue you to make it up for what he did to your parents. I didn't think he was lying and using that as an excuse to kill you too. He said he owed you an apology!”

 

Anger had began to build up more in Gahee as she gritted her teeth, “So that is where that stupid phrase “I owe you” of yours came from”. She began to pace around the apartment building, unable to keep still with the adrenaline pumping through her body. “Why didn’t you tell me that HE was your father from the beginning?” she snapped, throwing things from nearby shelves on the floor.

“Because…. I’m scared of him” he whimpered as he remembered the nights where his dad had become drunk almost every night and in a state of anger and rage, beat his mother up so bad and frequently that it caused her to take her own life.

He remembered how his dad use to beat him with anything he could find around the house: pots and pans, bamboo shoots, baseball bats. Him crying for help and to only be disciplined by his grandmother as well, who shared the same viewpoint and anger problem as his father.

How he was an abused child and wished that his mother would have taken him with her, so they could leave in peace, but instead had to look after his grandmother who encouraged physical discipline to male and females. Who would say such vile things in the private of their own home. Who in fact, laughed when Gahee's grandmother was diagnosed with cancer and said "She deserved it. Nice people always finish last. That is Gods way of clearing out the weak".

“You’re scared of him? That’s not what it looks like to me! You had no problem hanging around him and doing activities with him” Gahee stated. "I wanted to keep him away from you. I didn't care what he did to me. I just didn't want him to do anything to you". 

Gahee closed her eyes and let out a heavy sigh, "I wish I could believe you but anything you say seems like a lie. Why do you continue to live your life like this then?"

Chanyeol closed his eyes and to avoid answering anymore questions about his past, “How did you know who my dad was?”.

“The day your dad volunteered to go shopping with me, I snuck into your room again. I found it quite odd that he was impersonating a soldier, but had no uniform or ID. That he packed nearly nothing, even though it was a “planned trip”. How

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter