Chapter 21

My Marriage With Mr.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gahee made her way half way to Kai’s house before he had met her the other half. Kai stared at the girl with tear stains on her cheeks before grabbing her hand and tugging her along before Chanyeol decided to catch up and stop them.

Arriving closer to his house, he began to grow anxious waiting to hear her answers. He was still outraged at Chanyeol from earlier that day. He still wanted to punch his face in. He was beginning to wonder if he truly knew the type of person Chanyeol was, because at the moment, he didn't. As each day went passed, he was noticing the change... or possibly the truth.

“So, what happened?” Kai finally asked as they stopped in the front of his doorway while he fumbled in his pocket for the house keys. Gahee remained quiet in embarrassment and let out a deep sigh as she tried to organize her thoughts. “Why do you always come to me for help? It’ll look less weird if you stayed at one of your friends’ house” Kai muttered with a hand massaging the back of his head.

“I would if I had any” she said shyly. She didn’t realize how pathetic that sounded until she actually said it out loud. She lowered her head even more in embarassment.

“Sorry” he sighed. He wasn’t sure how to comfort her. He wasn’t close with her and he didn’t even know why he was helping her when he was part of her bullying and suffering. Not to mention, he was Chanyeol's friend. Wasn't she worried that he would turn his back on her and tell her husband everything?

Her phone began to buzz in her hand, repeatedly.

“Don’t answer it. Let him worry” Kai said softly as he took her phone from her and turned it off. Gahee looked up at him, a little thankful, “He’ll just come here like last time” she muttered.

She took her phone back from Kai and shoved it into her pant pocket. “And just like last time, I will tell him you aren’t here” Kai smirked.

A black car drove up into the Kim family driveway. “Well this might be awkward” Kai said under his breath. Gahee panicked a bit until she saw a beautiful lady and an attractive older man, most likely his parents, come up to them.

Gahee politely greets them.

“Aigoo~ Who is this pretty girl Kai?” Mrs. Kim cooes in loving tone. Gahee’s eyes grew before she raised her hands and shook them in a disagreeing manner, “Oh no no. I’m not his girlfriend or crush!” she stated quickly, cheeks red in embarassment.

The parents tilted their head in confusion at the crazed girl. “Let’s talk inside!” Kai stated and pushed everyone inside his home before there was listening ears on the streets.

Kai explained the situation to his parents and begged them to play along if Chanyeol ever made an appearance looking for his wife. Both the parents seemed quite uncomfortable especially when it came to Chanyeol who was like another son to them. It was a bit hard for them to understand what was going on, but the look in their sons' eye and tone of voice had them in agreement.

“It’s your business, not mine” Kai’s father said before walking up the stairs with a cigar in hand. Mrs. Kim glared at her uninterested husband before grabbing onto Gahee’s hand and guiding her into the kitchen and placing her in a seat at a table.

“Are you hungry dear?” she smiled happily, taking out pans before she could even reply. “I am, just a tiny bit” she said politely as she touched her stomach that had been growling all day.

Before Mrs. Kim was able to get out any ingredients, the doorbell rang rapidly. “It’s him” Kai told his mom. His mom nodded and Gahee slide off the chair and hid behind the table to cover her from view. Mrs. Kim opened the door and Chanyeol tried to storm in, but she pushed him back, “Park Chanyeol! What do you think you’re doing storming into someone’s house like that? Where are your manners?” She scolded him, eyes furrowing at his rudeness.

“Where is she? I know she is with Kai!” he said frantically, breathing heavily as if he had just ran a marathon.

“I don’t know what you are talking about” she crossed her arms. Finally Kai made an appearance as he had a jacket in hand to make him seem like he was leaving. "What are you doing here? You came back for round two?" Kai snarled.

“Gahee! I know she is here. Bring her to me!” Chanyeol huffed, not caring about the shorter boys' sarcastic remark.

“Dude, you need to calm down! I’m leaving with my mom right now. I don’t have time to look after YOUR wife! I thought we had made that perfectly clear earlier when you decked me in the face, or did you forget?” Kai smirked. He wasn't going to let his mom know what happened previously between them, but decided that it would help stall for time and perhaps get his mom completely on Gahee's side if she saw how weird his friend became.

“You did what?!” Mrs. Kim gasped, staring at the tall boy in disbelief.

Chanyeol scrunched his face, “It’s…. boy business. I'm sorry Mrs. Kim!” That’s all he could say to Kai’s mother. He didn’t want to upset her anymore than she is now nor did he have a good enough excuse. “I apologize…. it’s just… my dad is coming home tomorrow and I need her at the house immediately. I messed up again and I need to get her back at the house to meet him!” he blabbered.

Mrs. Kim cocked her eyebrow, “What did you mess up? What did you do and why would your wife be here?” she asked, her hands resting on her hip as she waited to hear his response. She could see how frantic he was and that something she had never seen from him before.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter