Chapter 24

My Marriage With Mr.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The following day, a knock on her bedroom door had woken Gahee from her slumber. “Just a moment” she called out as she fixed herself a tad bit before she opened the door. She stepped back a bit, startled, when she saw Mr. Park. “Chanyeol and I are going to head out to play basketball. Sorry for waking you!” he apologized.

“Oh no, it’s fine. You two have fun!” she smiled.

Chanyeol walked out of the bathroom and Mr. Park followed him outside. Gahee shuts her door and slips back into bed to continue her sleep when she realized that this is the perfect opportunity to continue to investigate their bedroom and find out what is in that folder of Mr. Parks.

Gahee goes to open grab the spare key that she used previously because she knew Mr. Park would have locked the bedroom door again, but when she turned the key she noticed that the door was already unlocked.

She went over to where she last saw the folder and noticed that it was now no longer there. Mr. Park had moved it. She begins to search through the bedroom and after 20 minutes of finding nothing, she gives up.

She finds herself in the garden picking veggies for the boys when they come back for lunch.

“Gahee, you’re absolutely ridiculous accusing an Army vet of being some murderer. Your paranoia is getting out of hand, if people hear you, you’ll be locked up in the loony bin” she muttered to herself.

Soon the boys come back and head back to their room to cool down and change out of their sweaty clothes and Gahee finished up their lunch.

“What smells so good?” Chanyeol asked with a growling stomach. “Veggie stew” she replied. “How about we all go grocery shopping later and I’ll buy you guys some meat?” Mr. Park offered.

“Oh no, that is fine. Meat is expensive, you don’t need to do that” Gahee denied politely. “I can’t. Grandma left me a voice message to go over and pick up side dishes” Chanyeol said as he sat down at the table.

“That’s fine. Gahee and I will go” Mr. Park smiled. “I told you, it’s perfectly fine” Gahee denied once more. “No really. Come on, let dad buy you guys meat” he chuckled.

Gahee’s face dropped a bit at the word ‘dad’.

“I’m sorry dear. I didn’t think” Mr. Park apologized.

Gahee waved her hands frantically, “No no no! It’s okay” she shrieked. She knew she made Mr. Park uncomfortable and now she had a feeling of guilt because he was trying his hardest and Gahee kept pushing him away because of her anxiety and wild imagination.

“Okay, we’ll go to the store Mr. Park” Gahee caved in.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter