Chapter 22

My Marriage With Mr.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The past few days with Mr. Park being at their household had been quite nice. Gahee never had to be alone with Chanyeol and Chanyeol would get scolded by Mr. Park if he stepped out of line. It was nice having someone to fill the void.

She wished that Mr. Park would stay there longer. His days at the apartment were coming to an end soon and the two of them were back to school since they were both on break at the moment.

“Gahee, did you plant all these?” Mr. Park asked as he stared out at the back door window.   “Yes, sir” she commented back as she sat on the couch with a small glass of tea. “It’s absolutely incredible. It looks like a wonderland out here! I bet everything tastes amazing!” he continued to praise her.

“It’s been a hobby since I was young, it's relaxing” she stated. “It’s more like a habit when she is mad at me” Chanyeol chimed in. “Looks like you constantly argue then” Mr. Park muttered. An awkward silence filled the apartment.

“I do apologize. He gets his temper from me” Mr. Park admitted. “What traits does he get from his mom?” Gahee asked out of curiosity since no one mentions Mrs. Park. Once again, an awkward silence filled the room and it was only then that she realizes that she was deceased by the way they stayed quiet and stood there awkwardly.

“Oh my gosh! I’m so sorry. I didn’t know” she apologized. “No, it’s perfectly okay. The traits he gets from his mother is his overcaring nature, his cooking skills, his tidiness, and his ears” Mr. Park smirked.

“Oh, that makes sense” Gahee smirked at Chanyeol who was frowning for the ear comment.

The news with a ‘breaking news announcement’ which disrupted everyone’s conversation and Mr. Park walked over to the TV and turned it off. “Sorry, it was too loud” he said as he went and sat back down on the couch to continue the conversation.

“Dad, do you want to go to the sauna later?” Chanyeol asked with a bright smile on his face. “Sure!” he agreed.

“I’m sorry that you can’t join us Gahee, but I’ve been dying to try your soybean stew that Chanyeol bragged so much to me about” he smiled and Gahee looked over at Chanyeol who looked away from her gaze.

“It’s okay. You two enjoy some well needed time together. I can make that dish tonight since you asked” she smiled.

“I can’t wait” he smiled and let out a small chuckle.

“I don’t mean to sound rude, it’s out of curiousity, but how did you get that scar above your eye?” she asked. It was definitely rude of her to ask, but it was so noticeable that she had to ask even though she assumed it was an injury from the military.

The room filled with more tension.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter