Chapter 20

My Marriage With Mr.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Gahee wakes up screaming from another nightmare of her parents killer. Sweat dripped from her face as she panted in fear. As she sat awake, she could hear creaking from the people upstairs and little creaks around the house that made the hairs on her arm stand up.

She was imagining things and now her paranoia was setting in majorly. She sat against the wall on her bed as she tried to let exhaustion take over and make her fall asleep.

She again had another nightmare and woke up at 6am in cold sweats. She rubbed her face in exhaustion and then winces when she touches the place where Chanyeol at hit her.

“I shouldn’t have said that” Gahee groaned to herself, “That was out of line.” Although she wished she never said that to him, he shouldn’t have hit her and that was something she would probably never forgive him for.

She could forgive him for the , it was neither of their fault. She could forgive him for the whole cell phone thing. What she couldn’t forgive him for is the emotional and physical abuse, along with the abuse Jieun put her through because of Chanyeol. If Chanyeol didn’t make her a victim, no one else would have bullied her.

She finished putting on her uniform and left the apartment in desperation that the principal would allow her to return to school. She would get on her knees and plead for him to revoke the punishment if she absolutely had to.

She received a few confused stares from students who knew she had been suspended and eventually received a puzzled look from the tall giant and a sleepy Kai at their lockers. She continued to walk forward to the principal's office and let herself inside.

After talking to the staff members inside, she knocked on Mr. Oh’s office door and let herself inside.

He gave her a confused look, “Why are you here Gahee? You are suspended.” he said after taking a sip of his hot coffee. “I know sir, but please reconsider my punishments. I don’t think I deserve suspension because I was defending myself from Jieun” she stated.

“Fighting is still fighting” Mr. Oh said sternly. “Mr. Oh, please, I beg of you. I’ve never fought at all this entire time being here. I have good grades. Please let me back in. I want to learn, keeping me in an apartment by myself is not going to help me” she said as she got on her knees and bowed to her principal.

“Your report says you’re failing” he stated. Gahee rose her head quickly and stared at the screen. Tears flooded her eyes, she had totally forgot that she has been bombing each test. “It says you are on the list of not graduating” he stated again giving her a confused glare.

Tears dripped down her face as she shook her head, “No… No I… what?” she began to sob. “Listen Gahee, how about you just go home? I will have a conference with your teachers and make a decision tomorrow whether or not to allow you back in” he said as he turned off his computer and got up to make the morning announcements.

‘You’re on the list of not graduating’ repeated in her head about a hundred times. How was she going to get a job without a degree? How was she going to get accepted by a good university? How was she going to fail school?

And then her whole mind had completely shut down and a lethargic feeling flooded through her. ‘What’s the point now?’ she questioned herself. Her head began to go places she never thought it would.

She wanted everything to be over with.

She left the office abruptly and made her way down the hall and up the stairs. Tears still flooded down her face as she reached the school rooftop. School was ending within a month and she wasn’t sure if she was going to graduate.

She lost her grandma, had been abused, been told that her abuser loved her, forced to marry her abuser, and now she wasn’t going to graduate high school if she didn’t catch up on her work.

Her head spun and ached. Her heart clenched and she wanted to vomit. She stared up at the sky and extended her hand, “I’ll be there soon grandma” she muttered. She stepped onto the ledge and peered down at the school yard.

Before she even got to contemplate her next move, she was ripped backwards by Kai. Gahee fought back, “Let go of me!!” she screamed. Kai slammed her shoulders into the concrete and kept her from moving, “Are you a ing idiot?” he barked.

“APPARENTLY I AM” She wailed. “Oh be quiet.” Kai sighed. “How did you even know I was here?” she questioned him. Kai rubbed his head, “I didn’t. It’s more of, I was here first smoking over there and I saw you acting all crazy.” he said as he let go of the girl.

“What is going on with you?” Kai asked. Gahee put her face in her hands, “I don’t even know anymore. I had a mental breakdown and didn’t even think twice about coming up here” she muttered through her hands.

“Talk to me, is it Chanyeol? What is going on?” Kai asked as he folded his legs worried about the girl. “Honestly, I don’t know much about Chanyeol other than his mom died, his dad is coming to visit in a few days, and he relies on her grandma. Other than that, I don’t know what is going through his mind or why he acts the way he does. He is a stranger and he expects me to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter