Chapter 13

My Marriage With Mr.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

There was an awkward silence between them. The only thing they could both hear was the wind blowing through the trees. Gahee blinked at him, did she hear that correctly? Did he just tell her that he loved her? Did that just confess his feelings?

“Don’t you dare lie to me to make up for what you did!” she whispered, teeth grinding as she felt like her soul was ripped from her body.  She stared at the boy who wore such destroyed eyes.

“I’m being completely sincere right now” he said in a low husky tone. His eyes shifted around trying to build up the nerve to completely tell her what happened the last two years.

“Would you listen to me… if I told you why I did what I did?” he looked at her with such pitiful puppy eyes. Gahee creased her eyebrows, “No. I don’t want to hear anything you have to say. Stay away from me!” she growled as she walked past him to leave the rooftop.

“Two years ago, I saw you in the library reading. One glance was all it took for you to make my heart skip a beat” he stated and looked at the ground. Gahee stopped in her tracks and began to listen to him. Why did she stop? She didn’t know.

“I saw you in the library. The way the sun radiated on your face, the happiness you got from reading. I thought you were the most precious thing I had ever laid my eyes on.” he confessed.

“I wanted to get close to you. I didn’t have the nerve to talk to you. A couple weeks later, grandma had your grandma over for lunch. I had to take that opportunity to get closer to you. I know your birthday, your favorite animal, your favorite color, your hobbies, your weaknesses. I know them all without you having to even tell me. I wanted to know the girl whose eyes sparkled as she flipped through literature” he stared up at the sky still unwilling to look at her.

Gahee felt nauseous. There was no way she could accept what he was telling her. There was no possible way these sweet words were coming from such a sour and bitter person.

“When I found out two years ago that your grandma was diagnosed with stomach cancer. I made sure that I helped her as much as I could so that you didn’t have to go with her to the doctors to find out about her sickness. I knew she was the only family you had left and it hurt me inside to know how destroyed you would be to lose the last person in your family, especially one you hold so dearly to your heart. I didn't want you to have to bear that burden!” he finally turned and stared at her back.

Gahee finally turned around and looked at Chanyeol who had a tear rolling down his cheek. She was shocked about what she was hearing and what she was seeing. “If you cared about me so much, why did you hurt me so much? That’s not showing someone that you care!” she hollered, “I would have been alright... if I had a friend. All you had to do was be my friend and I would have been alright. If I had someone by my side to talk to about everything, but you... you made me feel like garbage. Why did you do that to me?” she sobbed, tears flowing down her face and her head pounding and throbbing.

“I thought….. I thought if I hurt you physically and mentally…. you would be immune to such pain. I didn’t want you to be sad when she passed. I wanted you to just move on. I never wanted to see you like this Gahee, I didn’t want you to be pushed to the point of suicide. I wanted you to face the world with a smile because you were stronger than before, but it’s clear that I did the complete opposit

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter