Chapter 2

Wow! The pretty boys are Demons.

Kyuhyun sent cold stares at me and I was too scared to move. Did I address him wrongly?

"You call the others by their names right? Why are you so formal with me?" Kyuhyun advanced menacingly toward me and that aura was deadly and suffocating me.

"You looked much older than me." I wanted to smack myself. Kyuhyun was a demon and so he was definitely older than me." Er I think it is not wrong for me to call you Lord Kyuhyun." I tried to remain calm but I believed that my face was showing fear.

"Call my name." Kyuhyun replied in a cold tone which was commanding me.

"Okay." I smiled bitterly.

Kyuhyun looked down at the vegetable plantation. "Master used to come here often..." Kyuhyun spoke suddenly.

Grandpa? I stared at Kyuhyun and something came to my mind.

"Er.... Kyu... Kyuhyun. Can I ask you something? Why and how did grandpa met all of you?" I was trying to mask the fear in my heart with my brilliant smile, (maybe a very forced smile).

One minute, Two minutes, Three minutes....

I doubted Kyuhyun would answer me.... (V.V)

"Master was a Demon slayer. Some of us committed sins like killing human or eating human or brought misfortune to human... We were subdued by Master and ww served him." After looking at me, Kyuhyun stretched his hand at me with long sharp fingernails," Are you afraid of us?"

After being together with them for this period of time, I felt that they were no different from human. Hence, I shook my head slightly and asked," What about you Kyuhyun? I can sense that you and Leteuk are very powerful demons. Don't get me wrong, I am not doubting my grandpa's ability but I do not think that it will be an easy feat to subdue the two of you."

Kyuhyun was silent.

Was he offended by me? Was he annoyed that I was too talkactive?

While I did not expect any answer from Kyuhyun, he spoke," Leteuk used to be a golden carp raised by a wealthy official in the past. Someone seal him away in the pond and it was Master who free him. Since tren, Leteuk had been serving Master for a very long time. As for me.... I do not have any memories of my past. I do not know why I even exist in the first place. I felt that I lost something dear to me but I just can't recall anything. I know that I am waiting for something but I can't remember at all... Master told me to wait patiently and one day, I will regain my memories."

I was surprised. Grandpa passed away a long time ago and yet they were still here. Were it that they believed what grandpa said or were they simple minded demons?

I returned my gaze to Kyuhyun and I saw his expressionless eyes. Was it because he lost all his memories? Or did he miss grandpa and felt lonely? I was lousy at consoling other people and not to mention consoling demon!

"Well.... Though you lost your memories, you still have the memories with my grandpa right? And the memories with the others in the house? And in the future, you will have memories with me too." I pointed at myself. I guess I am consoling Kyuhyun? I saw a sparkle in Kyuhyun's eyes and I continued," If you wish, I can be your Master..."

I saw a glow in Kyuhyun's eyes as if he was going to murder me.

"Oh I am too full of myself. To think that a powerful demon to call me Master. I did not mean anything to offend you and I was just citing an example." I quickly explained and wanted to get out of the current situation.

Kyuhyun smirked evilly. "To be with us demons, you have to severe all ties with you family just like Master!"

"Kyu...."

Kyuhyun liked grandpa? Maybe respectful of grandpa. Though he was cold and speaking with an attitude, I can feel for him.... A different Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun did not remove his gaze from me.

"Can you use your nails to cut this watermelon? But don't use the hand that you catch that slimy snake!" I changed the topic. I started to feel the strain on my arms because I realized that I am holding onto the big watermelon. I felt extremely thirsty.

Kyuhyun made a cross on the watermelon and instantly it split into 4 portions.... Wow that was useful and convenient.

"Young master...." 

Yesung just emerged out of a sudden and made me dropped my watermelon in fright.

Yesung pouted and gave me a sad face," I looked for you for a long time and you are eating watermelon here without me!"

"Hey, Er just now I met with danger and Kyuhyun save me."

"What! Danger? Who dare to attack you?" Yesung became serious and looked he wanted to seek revenge for me on my attacker.

"Your kind." Kyuhyun snorted.

Your kind?

"Yesung, you are a snake?" I exclaimed out loud.

"Hiss hiss." Yesung shot out his forked tongue and swept over my face. It was itchy and snake like gills appeared on Yesung's smooth milky face.

"Ahhhhh." I grabbed onto Kyuhyun frantically.

"Sob sob, you dislike me..." Yesung wailed loudly and sobbed while speaking.

"Yesung, it not that I dislike you. You used your tongue on me and took advantage of a girl!" I waved my index finger and told Yesubg that he could not repeat the same thing again.

I knew that they were demons but they would not harm me. I could still accept such unintentional actions.

We did not say anything more.

We came back to the house and Kyuhyun went straight to his room. I had no idea where Yesung headed to.

I saw Eunhyuk chopping woods in the backyard and I guessed that there was no electricity here.... Hence, they had to burnt the woods.

"Do you need any help to place the wood away? Let me help you?" I came up to Eunhyuk.

"No need!" Eunhyuk carried all the woods and walked off.

"It is all because of you that he had to do all this!" I heard a sarcastic voice behind me. I turned and saw Kangin.

What did Kangin mean? I looked at him with a confused look.

"Ever since Master pass away, Eunhyuk had never did this. Aren't you human a troublesome kind? The food that you eat had to be cook. The water that you bath had to be hot. And you are weakling, easily falling sick and later die!"

I fully get it. Kangin's words were for me but in those pissed off tone, I heard a slight wave of sadness. Maybe Kangin was like Kyuhyun... Kangin liked grandpa and grandpa's demise had made Kangin....

"Kangin, you miss my grandpa?"

"You! What are you saying?" Kangin grabbed my collars and yelled," What did you know filthy human. Don't act as if you are so smart and know everything!"

"Why can't you just be true to your feelings and admit it? Why are you trying to fool and what are you hiding your feeling?" I widened my eyes upon Kangin's sudden actions.

"I hate him! I hate you as well! All of us hate you.... Except that they do not dare to say so because you are Master's grand daughter. They are being nice to you because you are Master's grand daughter." Kangin laughed madly and looked at me.

"Kangin hyung stop your nonsense. Don't let Leteuk hyung heard you else you are in for trouble..." Two people appeared from a room and it was Siwon who spoke.

"That is right! Plus I really like Sungmin..." Donghae grinned like a kid.

I do find Kangin's words hurtful but there was some truth in them. Though I could get use to living with them, they were being nice to me because of grandpa. When I think about this, I felt a sense of lost.

Lunch that day was extremely quiet. I looked at everyone and each of them was focusing in eating their food. I wondered if it had alway this quiet or it happened when I barged into their lives?

"Er.... School will be starting in less than a month and I decided to take up part time job, for my expenditure and future." I spoke timidly and for sure, 9 pairs of eyes were on me.

"If you need any help, you can always let us know and we can take of it." Leteuk seemed to be the spoke person for all of them because he was always the one to speak.

"No it is not that. I can't rely on you all to take care of me forever." I had given some thoughts to it. I did not wish to be burden to others and made them dislike me. I would not feel good and rather uncomfortable.

"Young master, taking care of you is no hassle for me." Heechul consoled me.

"Yup yup, Wookie feels happy..." Ryeowook childish voice chirped.

"Even if you intend to leave this house, you do not have to worry about the financial issues. We have the money. You are Master's grand daugher and I will not agree to let you to do those part time job which you shouldn't be doing." Leteuk was calm but his words were authoritative and his golden iris could really look into my soul.

Demons were indeed demons, their words were cool. I was rendered speechless just by their few words. But I am not going to take money from them!

Kangin crossed his arms in front of his chest with a smile on his face but his words was piercingly hurtful," Just take the money and get out of here! You do not have to pretend to be a good girl, Lee Sungmin. And cut the crap of wanting to do a part time job to earn your keep."

"Kangin!" Leteuk glared at him.

"What? Did I say anything wrongly? Your scale are gold right? With those scale that you shed in the past and give them to her. They are worth a lot of money. She can do anything she desires with those sum of money and why would she want to be coop up here, in this miserable place with us!" Kangin looked from Leteuk to me.

"Cut it out, Kangin hyung." Siwon also called out to Kangin.

"Oh my, I almost forgot. You can also clear those debts of your stupid father too. You just beg Leteuk for him to pluck all his scales to you." Kangin sniggered and looked at me.

"Stop it! Don't say anymore! If I am so irksome in your eyes, I can just leave..." My tears stubbornly flowed down my cheeks though I was trying hard to stop them.

"Slap" a loud slap echoed in the dining room.

"Apologise now!" Kyuhyun roared.

For a moment, I stopped crying as I was shocked.

"Since when have you taken on her side? Just because she is Master's grand daughter?" Kangin shot deadly looks at Kyuhyun," She is indeed a disaster..."

Kangin did not manage to finish his words as Kyuhyun attacked him. Kangin nimbly avoided Kyuhyun but the dining table was flipped and the plates were smashed on the ground. A fight broke out between the two of them. I looked around at the others and no one seemed to be stepping in to stop the fight.

When I turned then to the duo, Kyuhyun's hand was squeezing Kangin's neck and his sharp nails were leaving long bloody lines on Kangin's neck. Any minute, Kyuhyun could easily snap Kangin's neck.

"Kangin deserves it." Donghae yawned.

"Kyuhyun, stop." I had never seen anything like this and I was screaming in horror. Kyuhyun's eyes swept at me and I felt cold shiver running through my body. I continued to speak in a shaky voice," Kyuhyun, stop."

Kyuhyun narrowed his eyes at Kangin and released him. Kangin was gasping for breathes.

"I think I knew everything Kangin. I saw through you that you missed my grandpa and so you hated me." I started to laugh at Kangin while my tears kept flowing. " You wanted to leave and so I insisted to stay put here. I want to puss you off!" I was holding onto my sides after laughing too much.

I ran into my room. This time, Kyuhyun and Kangin fought because of me. So what would happen next? I knew that I had not been long with them but I truly felt like they are my family. Because they are precious to me and I could not make them turn against each other.

One should be decisive and bold. They were a family while I am just an intruder. If their family fell apart because of me, it would be better off for me to leave.

It was a bright starry night and the moon was so shimmering in the skies. I packed my little belongings and took out a paper to write a letter.

 

To Leteuk,

    I am grateful to you all for taking me in for this period of time. Maybe Demons and human can't really be together. I am a human and naturally, I will be scared of you guys. Hence, I am leaving. Let me lead my life and you all resume to the life before I came barging in. I wish you guys all the best from my heart.

                                                - Lee Sungmin

By saying these things that was against my heart, I hoped that none of them would make things difficult for Kangin. I am sorry to cause so much troubles to them.

I hoped that they could lead a peaceful life, without anyone disturbing them.

I left my letter on the table and I sneaked out of the house. The night in the hill was scary but I had my mini torchlight with me. I roamed about in the forest and stopped at a place to rest before I continued my way when dawn came.