Chapter 15

Wow! The pretty boys are Demons.

What happened? I was about to open my mouth to ask but Heechul and Wookie helped me out of the room, attending to my wounds. They were bandaging the wounds on my wrist where the bleeding had stopped and it would not take long for my wounds to heal.

How was the situation now? What exactly had happened? I was worried about Kyuhyun's condition and I am terrified!

"What... what happened?" I looked at Heechul and Wookie.

"We are not very sure either. But the situation that happened earlier, should be the Dark Angel's curse." Heechul shook his head.

"Curse?" I was shocked. What? Why? How? After hearing from Heechul, I panicked. If anything happened to Kyuhyun, then I am the cause of it. And I......

"Young master, don't worry. I am sure Leteuk hyung and Max hyung will think of a way." Wookie patted my head.

"Max?"

"He was ever a Divine attendant and he was a good friend of Master." Heechul patted my shoulders.

"Friend? I thought that he served grandpa just like you guys?" I looked at Heechul. "What is a Divine attendant?"

" It means a Demon who serves the Angel...." Wookie explained to me in details and in his childish voice.

Based on what Leteuk had said earlier, Kyuhyun could have regain his memories but under this circumstance! I shuddered to think of the consequence.

After long past midnight, someone came out of Kyuhyun's room and he looked totally drained out. It was all my fault...

Seeing me, Max spoke," We managed to suppress the curse, but only for the time being..."

"His memories being sealed away, could highly be possible due to the curse on him." Leteuk answered with a shaky voice.

"If my guess is correct, it is the curse of the Dark Angel -- a pledge of loyalty to the Dark Angel. The receiver must accomplish a mission or task, else he would be cursed." Max blurted out but he sounded unsure of himself.

"Would Kyuhyun die? What will happen?" I grabbed onto Leteuk's hand and asked in a quivering voice.

"Yes. If he continues like this. Kyuhyun might lose his life....." Leteuk seemed that he was trying hard to suppress his outburst.

My legs turned into jelly and I dropped onto the floor. I could not control my tears from flowing out of my eyes.... I did not mean for all this to happen. If I knew that things would turn out this way, I would never had done it. I stood up and stumbled into Kyuhyun's room. Kyuhyun was lying on the floor with a pale face," Twice, you became like this because of me. Kyuhyun." I was at a lost for now. If Kyuhyun died, how could I forgive myself and atone for my sins!

"This time, it took all of our powers to suppress the curse on Kyuhyun. At most for 1 month,..... If our powers are not regained by then...." Leteuk stopped abruptly and turned to me," Sungmin, don't blame yourself. It is not really your fault and no one wants this to happen. I did not know that Kyuhyun had this curse on him." Leteuk closed his eyes wearily and he seemed angry at himself.

"Sungmin....." At this time, a low whisper came from Kyuhyun.

I had a feeble smile but I felt bitter and guilty. Even at this circumstance, Kyuhyun was calling out my name. I could not feel any bit of happiness at all.

Another 2 days passed and I was watching over Kyuhyun, never leaving his side at all. I skipped school. There was no relapse of the curse but Kyuhyun looked to be in a very terrible condition.

Kyuhyun, can you wake up?

Can you tell me why were you calling out my name these 2 days?

Did this indicate that you like me more?

Please tell me.....

I did not want to make any assumption but to hear it from your lips.

Without knowing, my tears fell once again... wetting my cheeks, blurring my vision and piercing my heart......

"Sungmin, can you step out for a while? Max has something to say to you." Leteuk's voice was heard outside of the room. I straightened myself and wiped away my tears hastily . Everyone was feeling terrible and I did not want to let them know that I cried again which I am sure that they would be worried about me; I did not want to add on to their emotion burden. I took a few deep breathes and fixed my appearance before I opened the door.

Leteuk came to me and carressed my cheeks, with a frown," Sungmin, you cried again?" I did not know how I could possibly lie to Leteuk. Leteuk sighed," It's okay. You do not have to feel bad. Let's go. Max is waiting...."

When I stepped into the living room, everyone had gathered and were waiting for Leteuk and me.

"Sungmin-shi, there might be a way to save Kyu......." Max immediately spoke after seeing me.

"Really?" I rushed over to Max.

"But.... this is against the Heaven's will and it does not guarantee success. And the consequence could be so dire.... Do you still want to try?" Max looked at me in a very solemn expression.

"Yes, no matter what; I will do it. Just to save Kyuhyun." I am willing to try anything now, no matter what....

Everyone was shocked and gapsed when they heard my answer. They looked questioningly at Max.

"Fine." Max sighed. He took out a black scent stick.

Huh? Was Max going to have an aroma therapy session now? I looked puzzled at Max.

"What is that?" Leteuk looked at Max. He was eyeing the black scent stick suspiciously as he seemed that he had not seen that item before.

"This is a Soul Revival scent stick." Max waved the black scent stick in his hand and looked at everyone before his gaze came back to me.

"You mean that thing can bring the dead back to life? This thing can help Kyuhyun" Yseung shot his query suddenly.

Well, as the name suggested literally but I suspected that it was more than meets the eyes....

"No, this is not for Kyu but for Sungmin-shi." Max chuckled at Yesung.

"For me?" I was getting more and more confused.

"This is a special scent stick. Once lit, you will fall in a slumber state and you can travel back to the time before Kyu was cursed. And you can try to change his destiny and avoid all this now..." Max's words were shocking and I was unable to differentiate if he was joking or not.

"Change Kyuhun's destiny! What nonsense are you blabbering? This is all absurb! If Kyuhyun was not cursed, his memories would not be sealed away. He would not met and served Master and he would never met Sungmin!" Leteuk was scolding Max after hearing the explanation.

So if I managed to save Kyuhyun from being cursed, Kyuhyun would not recognize me therafter in this time. Should I do it..... But if this was the only way to save Kyuhyun and with no other solution..... I tugged at Leteuk," Even if Kyuhyun don't recognize me, it is still better than the current situation."

"Are you sure, Sungmin-shi? Once the history is changed, everything will be changed when Kyu was not cursed. And there is the possibility of you....." Max reiterated the impact of the decision that I made.

"I know what I am doing. You need not say anything more. I had made up my mind...." I interrupted Max because I was afraid of the pain that my heart would feel.... I could sense that it would be very painful.

I did not want to be distracted by anything....

"Take this, they might come in handy." Donghae handed over a small backpack to me.

I opened it and peeped: A book, a lighter, a compass, a torchlight, and....... They are really the survival kit and slinged the backpack over my shoulders  and prepared myself.

"This scent stick can only last for a month. If you do not return by then, you will die." Max spoke while looking intensively at the stick.

"Max! Can you don't scare young master and all of us!" Kangin roared.

I am already feeling jittery on the thoughts of going to travel to Kyuhyun's past and I could feel my shoulders getting tense and Max's words was like adding oil to the fire...

"I got it....." I croacked out.

Max pointed his index finger and a bright spark appeared. He lit the scent stick and a strange smell waved through the living room. I felt sleepy and my eye lids were dropping as they were feeling heavy. I felt groggy and that my body did not seem to listen to me.....

                                                                    *********************************************************************************

When I opened my eyes, my first reaction was to ensure that I was not dreaming. I closed my eyes again and counted to 10 before I opened my eyes again. I even pinched my cheeks next.

Surrounding me was trees, grass, bushes, flowers. I blinked my eyes and yelped because of the pain I felt when I pinched my cheeks. Indeed, I am not dreaming.

I sat up and looked around me. There was no one in sight! Could Max make a mistake with the time and sent me to the ancient era? I shook my head and tried to hoist myself onto my feet.

I did not know how long I had walked until a large area of golden rice fields greeted me and I could see some farmers working in the fields. I had hardly seen agriculture in Seoul and I was taking a good look at the scene.

Er hmm..... My priority should be locating someone and not sight seeing! Where could I find Kyuhyun here?

While I was figuring out a plan,someone in tattered cotton and linen clothings walked past me. He was looking at me with a surprised look and I looked at myself. Oh gosh, I was still in my modern clothings and it looked out of place here.

I came here hastily and I had did not have any chance to change my clothings.

"Catch that Demon! Catch him!" I heard yellings from afar.

I turned towards the direction of the yellings and saw a group of peasants armed with wooden poles and hammers. They were chasing after someone.

When the person was nearing me, my gaze frozen! He had a pair of deep icy eyes, sharp nose and y thin lips. His dark black hair swayed away with his fast speed and was reflecting the sunlight. His black and red robe caught my attention.

Although he looked very young, I am certain that he was Kyuhyun!

The Kyuhyun now had this aura which made one stayed away from him. The Kyuhyun of a thousand years later had the deadly aura on him.

"Wait!" I shouted instinctively.

He stopped and side glanced me. This action lasted for a few seconds before he took off again and I chased after him.

I assumed that I was able to catch up with Kyuhyun since I had his elixir in me. Maybe, I had not gotten over the jet lag here and the initial shock that I had, I was feeling uncomfortable. I stopped to take a rest.

After resting for a few minutes, I looked up at the skies and realized that it would be nightfall in probably another few hours. I did not eaten anything since I came here and I was feeling slightly hungry. I think I would be able to trace Kyuhyun again and I decided to find some food and a place to sleep for the night.

I still had no idea what was the scent stick that was in Max's possession. But it was really powerful as it could send me traveling back in time. I was still in awe about the little scent stick that I almost missed a black shadow charging at me. It came with an aura of a Demon.

"Well well look who do we have here. There is still brave soul who dare to step door in this forbidden lake! You must be eager to seek your doom?" When the voice reached me, the figure darted toward to me.

I gave a back kick and it landed harshly on it. I looked at the sprawling figure on the ground. He was a boy in grey clothing and he looked not much older than 15 years old.

"Demon?" I asked in a puzzlingly voice and muttered softly," So weak..."

"How dare you look down on me! What are you anyway? Human? But how come you smell like a Demon? And at the same time, you have some divine aura?" The boy rubbed his chubby cheeks and I wondered if my flying kick hit his face?

I advanced towards him and let out a sinister smile," I was lamenting a while ago about surviving here and my prayer was answered. Immediately, you are sent to me. Muahaha."

The boy looked frightened.

I continued smirking and grabbed him up by by his collars. I bit onto my index finger and swiftly scribbled an old spell onto his arm.

"You are a Demon slayer." The boy saw my action and all the blood from his face was drained away.

"You can say that. Now I had marked you so you have to obey all my instructions else I will....."

"What do you intend to do?" He squealed out.

I glared at him," First, get me a clean set of clothings. Next, get me some food, some woods to set up fire and lastly a place for me to sleep."

"Are you making me your slave?"

"Are you going or not?" I shot a deadly glare at him. though it was not nice to treat him like this, he sneaked up on me first and so I need have to be too nice to him. Plus I would not hurt him in anyway.

"Alright I am going. Who asked me to be so lousy skilled and to lose out to you." He grumbled before disappearing.

I scanned around and I think I heard him mentioning that this place was called the Forbidden lake?! Lake? I did not see even a water puddle and it was trees, shrubs and grass fields. Did he exaggerated to me earlier?

I walked ahead to explore the place and my view was getting better. Finally.... I saw a huge lake in front of me......

Strange! I had Kyuhyun's elixir in me but why was I rembling with coldness? This place seemed creepy.

The lake was surrounded by hills on 3 sides and in my direction, it was a dense fore station. I stood around for a while.

"Hey! Do not get too near to the lake!" I jumped at the sudden voice behind me.

"Can you don't shout at me all of a sudden?" I scowled.

"Do you have any idea what is this place? Why did you walk to this area? What are you thinking?" The boy was so aggitated that he seemed he would pull his hair. I saw that he had a big bundle of things with him and I was amazed with his efficiency and speed.

"Just put the things down and you can leave."

"You have to leave here because this is a Demon lair and you could..... Loose you life!"

"Demon lair?" I was excited when I heard that I am at the Demon lair. It meant that Kyuhyun could be here!

I stepped out but my arm was pulled," What are you doing?"

"Going into the water." I replied as if it was a dumb thing to ask.

"Are you out of your mind? Even if you are a Demon slayer, you are still a human. There was a mystical block of ice jade which is about 1,000 years old and resulted in the coldness of the water. You will die if you go into the water!" The boy seemed more scared than me and he held onto my arm tightly; refusing to let me make another step.

"So what I am dead? Why do you care? Didn't you try to attack me earlier?" I side glance at him.

"All the Demons are out with the Dark Angel lord and I am left alone here. I was bored and so I just play a prank on human, which is you." He lowered his head in shame. He reminded me of Wookie due to his cuteness.

"Dark Angel?" I muttered.

He saw my confusion and explained," Dark Angel lord is the most powerful here and he is the leader of us."

I nodded and aaked," Do you happen to know of any Demon called Kyuhyun?"

"Lord Kyuhyun? He is the right hand man of the Dark Angel lord and he is powerful, together with........." The boy nodded in excitement.