Chapter 7

Wow! The pretty boys are Demons.

I did not notice when Sulli and Sunny were at my sides.

Sulli nudged me playfully," Minnie, since when you become so daring to talk back to Mr Shin? And so rudely."

Did I talk back rudely? I was just stating the facts and explained everything.

"Can you accompany to the music room? We are having the last rehearsal for the play today." I sighed and felt tired. I should have gotten used to high school life by now but due to the series of unexpected events....

Autumn was approaching and I wonder where was Dad, how was he coping?

We went back to our classroom and some were cleaning up, some were arranging the tables and chairs and some were decorating the walls. Sulli, Sunny and me finished up with our duties before we proceeded to the music room. 

We were chatting away happily and heard commotion coming from the music room.

We stopped and heard a voice," Yunho sunbae, let Yoona be the female lead of the play and substitute that er whoever...."

"We have rehearsed for so long and it is too sudden and last minute to do the change." Yunho sunbae spoke gently for he was a kind and gentle person.

"Yunho sunbae, that Lee Sungmin thinks she is a super star and look what time is it now? And she is still not here yet!" A whiny voice sounded.

Another familiar voice spoke,"Enough. I am fine with whatever arrangement that Yunho sunbae had in mind." 

That voice belonged to Yoona....

"Yunho sunbae, you are fully aware that Yoona likes you and why don't you accept her to be your girlfriend? That Lee Sungmin is a flirt with so many boyfriends and you...."

"There is no concrete proof and please refrain from saying anything that tarnish Sungmin's name."

"I don't care! If you are not going to let Yoona play the female lead, I am not going to act in the play!"

"Yes, me too!"

What was all this? They were creating havoc now when the school anniversary celebration was tomorrow.

Sulli and Sunny did not say a word but looked at me, trying to anticipate my reactions.

I smiled bitterly and shook my head. I opened the door of the music room," Yoona can play the female lead while I played the role of the elder sister."

All heads turned at me.

Yunho sunbae walked over to me," Sungmin, er..... Are you willing...."

"Yup. Actually, I preferred the role of the elder sister." I answered without any hesitation.

"But the role of the elder sister is matured which was different from the younger sister role that you are playing. The younger sister is lively and bubbly. And beside, tomorrow is the actual performance. Are you able to remember all the lines?"

"Yunho sunbae, are you saying that I am immature? For the lines, I had heard it numerous time and it wouldn't be too difficult to remember them." I answered playfully and then resumed to a serious manner.

"I do not mean anything... Okay, I will get the promoters to assist you with the lines." Yunho sunbae agreed.

I did not want Yunho sunbae to be caught in a difficult situation and I really did not want to have any dealings with him in the play. I felt that in this way, it led him on.... And Yoona liked Yunho sunbae too, this arrangement would be great.

I had a feeling of the culprit who pasted the photographs and letter on the notice board. How am I going to do? To teach the culprit a lesson?

"Okay, we will skip the rehearsal today. Everyone to go back and rest early." Yunho sunbae clapped his hands at the rest.

"Sungmin, let go." Yunho sunbae spoke softly to me.

"Yunho sunbae, have you seen the things on the notice board?" Sunny asked.

" It is nonsense. I know that Sungmin is not that type of girl. If she already had a boyfriend, her rejection to me is totally acceptable."

"There are many girls who like you, Yunho sunbae. Haven't you think of the reason that I am being targeted?" I smiled and I was not blaming Yunho sunbae or anything but it was a reminder to him.

"You mean..." Yunho sunbae looked at me dumbfounded.

I shrugged," Yunho sunbae is just being nice and gentlemanly towards all girls. But I am going off today with my best friends."

If Yunho sunbae was smart, he would understand the meaning of my words. Actually, which girl did not wish the one whom she like to be gentle and nice to her? Just her only. Being nice and gentle to everyone would lead some to be in delusion.

I did not have any feeling towards Yunho sunbae and we could never develop beyond friendship. Nevertheless, I wished him all the best in his love life in the future.

"Stop acting classy. Don't shift your fault to Yunho sunbae!" A girl ed about. I recognized her to be a actress in the play and she was close with Yoona.

I did not care what she said because I couldn't be bothered. 

I parted with Sulli and Sunny at the school gate  I looked around me and I did not see Kangin. Usually Kangin would be the one to send me to school and fetched me back. Sometime he would be morphing or watching the others who morphed, someone else would fetch me instead. It was unusual that no one came for me today. I hoped nothing happened to the guys.

Actually, I am capable of going home myself. I am already 17 years old and they were just being overly protective of me.

"Sungmin...." A creepy voice from behind startled me.

I turned rapidly and saw a tall figure nearby. I jumped and took a few steps back.

"Kyu... Kyuhyun. " I managed to see the figure clearly.

Kyuhyun was definitely attention grabbing as he was in his usual dark robe. No wonder he was in this deserted alley, waiting for me.

"How come it is you who came to fetch me? And why are you in you usual clothing? Didn't Heechul prepare human clothings for you to wear?" I scowled because of him scaring me earlier.

"The human clothings are weird and uncomfortable. I do not want to wear them." Kyuhyun answered quickly before he bent down and looked at me shyly. "Do you like me? When I am here to fetch you?"

Like him? What sort of question was that?  And how could I answer it?

"Let's go back." I rolled my eyes and waited for him to piggy back me. However, I realized that Kyuhyun hoisted me over his shoulder and I was carried home like a sack of potatoes.

"Kyuhyun, what are you doing? Don't you know the meaning of being gentle to a lady! I am not a sack... " I was so angry.

"What happened? Why are you fuming Sungmin?" Leteuk came out.

I guessed I was too loud and caused Leteuk to come out. Soon, everyone rushed out. All of them were staring at Kyuhyun and me.

"Kyuhyun treated me like a sack of potatoes and carried me home." I whined to them.

"Kyuhyun, you volunteered to fetch Sungmin home and how can you be so rough to her?" Leteuk started to talk to Kyuhyun in a stern voice.

To be honest, I had no idea who was stronger between Leteuk and Kyuhyun. But only Leteuk was able to talk to Kyuhyun in such a manner and the aura was different.

After being with them for these period of time, I sensed Kyuhyun was powerful too.

I think I had done something wrong here and I felt frightened now. Why did Leteuk say that Kyuhyun volunteered to fetch me home?

Could it be that Kyuhyun came specially to fetch me and I did not express my appreciation or answer to him?

"I will not go fetch her anymore. " Kyuhyun walked to his room.

Was Kyuhyun upset? Angry?

"Wait, Kyuhyun." Reluctantly I ran after Kyuhyun.

I did not know why I am feeling nervous about it. I came to his room and the door blocked me. I was fearful what await for me once I entered. I plucked up courage and pushed the door. I saw Kyuhyun sitting in a corner and he was looking far away, deep in thoughts.

Kyuhyun only looked coldly at me before turning his head away.

"I am here without asking for your permission." I tried to be cheeky

No answer from Kyuhyun.

"Kyuhyun." I took a few steps towards him and squatted down. I placed my hands on his and looked ernestly," Hey. Don't be angry. I am happy that you fetch me today."

Kyuhyun still gave me his cold look," Sungmin... You treat me differently from the others. Do you dislike me?"  Kyuhyun's whisper sounded loudly in the quiet room.

Differently? I treated Kyuhyun differently? I did not understand.

"You are so tense up around me but with Donghae and the others, you are at ease. And you joked a lot with them." Kyuhyun stared deep into my eyes.

Was that so? I thought for a while. Maybe Kyuhyun seemed not too friendly and approachable. I felt that he did not want to be near me.

"Hey. You sounded as though you are jealous of them. But if I was to treat you the same way, I was afraid that your stares might kill me." I pouted and looked pitiful.

I remembered that the last time I just touched Kyuhyun's face, he let go of me in the air and I almost die. Who dare to joke around with him.

"Yes. I am jealous." Kyuhyun growled and his body tensed up.

Huh? I did not expect Kyuhyun to reply to my question which I was just joking and venting some little grudges at him.

I saw Kyuhyun leaning against the wall. He looked sad, and unknowingly,  I felt my heart aching for him.... 

Come to think of it, Kyuhyun was different from Yesung and the others. When I was near him, I would feel nervous, uneasy and I feared that he would dislike me.

"Hey Kyuhyun. You are different from the others, in my eyes. Maybe I like you." I cursed myself mentally for blabbering out without thinking through. 

Was it that I liked Kyuhyun and so I was concerned about him. It felt special when we were alone together. So I was concerned if Kyuhyun was angry.

Kyuhyun stared at me silently and his expression was so calm.

"Look, let me explain. What I mean..." Before I could explain myself, Kyuhyun hugged me.

"Is it true Sungmin?" I heard his question while I was in his arms. I felt electric shocks travelling through my entire body which immobile me. And I couldn't struggle as well.

"I felt the same way. The first time that I met you... I felt that you are familiar..."

Our feelings were reciprocal? Or was it love at first sight for Kyuhyun towards me?

"Kyuhyun... too tight... I can't breathe. " I felt Kyuhyun hugging me tighten gradually.

Kyuhyun did not loosen his hug on me except that his hands shifted from my back to my waist.

I managed to breathe and I was looking.... at his handsome face. Subconsciously,  I touched his face with my hands and Kyuhyun did not flinch.

"Do you recall the last time? You were so angry that I touch your face?"

"I was not angry. It was just that.... I felt weird. But, I will never let you get hurt."

Kyuhyun could not express himself well. It was okay because I understood what he was trying to tell me.

"Huh? Weird? How was it weird?"  My hands landed on Kyuhyun's neck while I leaned closer to his ear.

Probably I found Kyuhyun's nervous look was amusing and I wanted to make fun of him. I felt his grasp tighten at my waist.

"Do you know the consequences?" Kyuhyun's voice was hoarse and his expression darken. I was scared.

" I am sorry." I pouted and regretted for my actions.