Chapter 6

Wow! The pretty boys are Demons.

Kyuhyun seemed to have been alarmed at my sudden move and he sat on the floor without moving. His look landed on my neck. 

I was curious and I stretched my hand to touch....

Kyuhyun did not say anything but he held my hand away. His fingers gently brushed away the hair on my neck and he lowered his head...

The feeling was soft, slight itchy and electrifying and it was my turn to be alarmed.

"I am sorry for leaving mark on you. I think the marks would not fade away soon...." Kyuhyun spoken with a tinge of guilt.

I was not too bothered by what he said because a thought flashed across my mind. "Who is Seo?" I blurted out without thinking.

"Seo? I do not know."

"Huh, you can't be joking right? I clearly heard you saying Seo...." I was slightly angryr because it seemed that Kyuhyun was hiding something from me.

"Why do you sound angry? Are you jealous?" Kyuhyun looked at me with a blank look.

"I am not!"

"Is that so?" For a brief moment, I sensed disappointment in his voice.

                                                                 **********************************************************************

The next morning, I was combing my hair and I saw the the mark on my neck from the mirror. On my neck, I saw 5 wounds very clearly. Oh no, how could I go to school like this?

The weather was hot and I guessed I had to....

After some preparation, I took a last look of myself in the mirror. I pitied myself that I had to tie a scarf in this blazing weather.

"Sungmin, why is your attire so er special?" Yunho sunbae spoke when he blocked my way in front of the school gate.

I was trying to avoid other's attention till I missed noticing him there.

"Er morning Yunho sunbae." I greeted him politely.

Next, he walked next to me into the school compound. I was grumbling in silent. I was attracting some attention with my scarf and now with Yunho sunbae walking with me, I felt more eyes were on me. I sighed.

I wondered how long Yunho sunbae intended to walk with me....

When I was approaching my classroom, Yunho sunbae obstructed me and I guessed he wanted me to hear something.

I stopped and Yunho sunbae looked flustered," You are aware that the school's anniversary celebration is in a month's time? Our Drama society plans to perform a play 'Twin Princesses' but we can't find a suitable actress."

Is Yunho sunbae asking me to be the actress? " Yunho sunbae, I am lousy in acting." I was worried.

"Don't worry. All of us at the Drama society are not professional actors and actresses." Yunho sunbae smiled.

"Er, can I give you an answer after I read the script?" I was hoping for him to let me off now.

Yunho sunbae nodded.

Yunho sunbae was a bit persistent but I could not accept his request to be his girlfriend.

"Sungmin, by the way; the scarf does not suit you. I think you do not wear it in future." Yunho sunbae waved while I stood still at my place.

Did Yunho sunbae think that I was wearing a scarf for fashion sake? I could only smile bitterly and stepped into my classroom.

I saw everyone was eyeing me and I felt uncomfortable.

"Minnie, your scarf is.... Ugly." Sulli had that disgusted look on her.

Was Sulli thinking the same way that I wanted to look fashionable? Sunny stared hard at me and shot out her hand.

"Sunny, what are you thinking?" I shielded my scarf.

"Are you being ill treat?" Sunny had the look of a predator eyeing her prey (me). Sunny peered into my iris as if she hoped to find truth from my expression.

I shook my head," Of course not. It was just that I was assaulted by unknown animal while I was on my way home yesterday."

This was the best lie that I could come up with. I couldn't mention that Kyuhyun morphed into his true form and tried to strangle me. I bet that they would be worried if I said the truth... Or worse, fainted on the spot. Nevertheless, I had to lie to them.

"Hmmm." The doubt in Sunny's eyes made me tensed up.

                                                                      ************************************************************************

The days passed and soon it was the school's anniversary celebration. For the past month, I was living in stress because I had to hide some information from my buddies and lying to them was eating my conscious.

Currently, I am facing the biggest crisis of my life.... There was no lessons today due to the celebration and we were sitting on the field. Sulli and Sunny had something up in their sleeves and I felt that it would be a great shock.

"We decided that we will visit your house after the celebration tomorrow." Sunny announced and there was no room for negotiation or appeal. Next, Sunny gave me a stern look," Minnie, you will not object right?"

I gulped. Did I have a choice?

Things was getting out of hand and I had not brought it up to Leteuk. If Leteuk and the rest of the guys objected, how am I going to answer to Sulli and Sunny?

While I was vexing over this, someone came to us," Lee Sungmin, you are in trouble. Go look at the notice board!"

I saw Tiffany looking flustered and panting away and I felt something amiss. I stood up and hurried to find out what happened. When I came to the notice board, a huge crowd was in front of it. However, they let out a space for me to go through.

Tiffany pointed at the notice board," Sungmin, this piece of paper was pasted probably yesterday night."

First I saw a few photographs which featured the few handsome guys at home. Well the skill of the sneaky photographer was not so good. I fixed my view at the piece of paper next to the photographs. "Lee Sungmin, a with a bunch of guys." The words were so attention grabbing as they were written in red ink.

I laughed out loud, causing Sulli and Sunny to look at me in horror.

"Minnie, are you stupid or what? You can still laugh after seeing these?" Sulli nudged at me.

"No I am not stupid but I find it comical." I covered my mouth, trying hard to suppress my laughters. Those handsome folks at home really become famous in my school.

I tore down the piece of paper and a determination look came to me. Though I am not affected by this, I wanted to nab the culprit out... I would not feel okay if I did not resolve this matter and got to the bottom of it.

"Though I am not a saint, I will not let the matter rest by someone's malicious intent." I whispered to Sulli and Sunny. Who on earth was doing this to me? Seeking revenge? But I did not think that I had offended anyone.

When we returned to the classroom, everyone was using a weird look at me. I think it could be living with the guys for long till I was not bothered by the glare in the class.

Jessica :" Lee Sungmin, did you offend someone? If not, how come someone pasted all those photographs and letter on the notice board?"

Sooyoung: ," And who are those guys in the photographs? From the side views captured, I can tell that they are handsome."

Taecyong: " Just what is the relationship between you and the guys?"

I just smiled and I did not reply to their questions.

"Oh my! Lee Sungmin, I can't believe that you are so daring to do such a shameless thing!" A high pitched irritating voice sounded and nothing less sarcastic.

Oh, Yoona. She was from the neighboring class but I did not have much interaction with her. I seen her a few times during the rehearsal for 'Twin Princesses'.

Honestly speaking, I did not want to accept Yunho sunbae's request to perform in the play but he was so determined and persistent. I did not want to be disturbed by him and so I agreed in a fit of the moment, which I had a tiny whiny bit regrets.

'Twin Princesses' was a fantasy love story. It talked about the twin sisters who fell in love with the same guy - the Prince. The elder sister was jealous that the Prince from the neighboring Kingdom proposed to the younger sister and she was overcame with jealousy. The elder sister made a pact with the Devil so as to get the Prince....

Naturally, the role of the princesses were performed by Yoona and me.

"I can't say that I am daring but the culprit definitely is!" I sounded casual. Sulli and Sunny gave me a confused look.

The rest of the class could probably sensed the blast between Yoona and me...

"What are you implying?" Yoona scowled.

"How can the culprit write such a thing when he or she does not know anything at all. The culprit simply does not think of the consequence." I might sound upset but my expression was light hearted. "If they knew the identity of the culprit, I bet he or she will be dead!" 

Well, that was the truth. The guys at home were Demons. I smirked and continued," As for me, I will not plead for the culprit...."

Yoona's expression looked bad and it was suspicious.

Sulli pulled my arm, "Minnie, your expression earlier....."

"I never done any bad deed and sometime, I did good deed. I am definitely not a saint but whoever hurt me, I will not open my arms in a friendly manner." I smirked.

"So judging by what you said, those guys living with you are scary? The finger marks on your neck was it caused by them?" Sunny whispered to me.

I knew that Sunny was worried and concerned about me but I looked straight into Yoona's eyes," This... Who knows?"

"So! You are indeed living together with all those guys!" Yoona tried to corner me.

"So what I am? The photographs do not mean anything." I gave a sinister smile and Yoona was frightened by it. I think she did not expect me to confess right away.

"Wow, oh my god," Loud comments were heard.

"You are indeed shameless, Lee Sungmin!" Yoona tried to act brave and glared at me.

Yoona was very hostile and I was trying to recall when did I ever offended her. Because she was simply targeting me right now.

"What is going on here?" My form teacher, Mr Shin's heavenly voice sounded and everyone quiet down.

I followed the voice and saw Mr Shin. He was in a classic, smart suit and had a black skinny tie. Mr Shin looked serious with his thin gold framed glasses, and he was holding onto a folder.

"Everyone, though lessons are temporary halted. I do not expect anyone to roam about freely." Mr Shin sounded strong and stern.

Yoona gave me a nasty look before she walked back to her classroom.

Mr Shin pushed his glasses," Lee Sungmin, please see me outside."

I followed Mr Shin to the corridor. Mr Shin took out a piece of paper from his folder. It was the same as the one pasted on the notice board. So there was more than one copy of the letter.

"Lee Sungmin, can you explain what is all this about?" Mr Shin shoved the paper to me and he remained calm and composed. I remained silent.

Mr Shin sighed," When I received this letter this morning, I gave a call to your father. However, no one pick up my call and the number was no longer in use. What happen?"

"My father..... He left me and I am unable to get in touch with him. Hence, Mr Shin that is what happened."

"So now..." Mr Shin gave a worried look and he seemed that he wanted to say something. I believed Mr Shin wanted to ask me if it was true that I am staying with the guys in the photographs.

"Yes, that is right." I nodded.

I knew that by admitting, I might be causing some problem but even if I denied, no one would believe me anyway and they might want to find the proof further.

"Lee Sungmin, I do not believe what the content of the letter said but I do not wish you to get too close to those people."

"Mr Shin, I think there is some misunderstanding. The relationship between me and them is not llike what the letter states."

"What is your relationship with them? Those people do not seem decent, their hair was dyed in all sort of colour. I am afraidof them being a bad influence on you."

"That is enough!" I raised my voice and I was slightly aggitated. After some deep breathes, I was like a deflated balloon and spoke calmly," Pleaae do not say such thing about them. They are very important to me, my friends, my family and my guardians. Please do not judge them based on the photographs. Aren't you someone who are highly educated?"

"They served my grandpa. As my dad went missing, they assumed the responsibility to look after me. Though they looked slightly weird but they are good people. They listen to me. They are just worried about my safety and so they would me to and foi school daily. Please do not judge them by their looks."

"If so, I will like to meet up with them." Mr Shin said.

"Mr Shin, I am afraid that this will be difficult.I...." I was scared what would happen to Mr Shin should he clashed with them.

Mr Shin patted my head and smiled," Dobt worry. I know what to do as a teacher. Besides you mention that they are good people, right?"

Yes I said that but they were only good and nice towards me because Lee Soo Man was my grandpa.

"Er...."

"It's all settled. Just invite then to the school anniversary celebration tomorrow. " Mr Shin pushed his glasses and walked off to the teachers' lounge.

I stood at the same place helplessly.....