Chapter 16

Wow! The pretty boys are Demons.

"Lord Kyuhyun? He is the right hand man of the Dark Angel Lord and he is very powerful, together with Lord Yoochun. " The boy nodded in excitement.

So I was right in my guess. Kyuhyun was here and this was the Demons' lair. The Kyuhyun in this era did not know me and I could not act recklessly...

"If I can't accomplish my task, I rather be dead." I mumbled to myself and I turned," What is your name?"

"Henry..."

"Henry, you can go now but you must not attack human in future! Do you hear me?" I waved at Henry and gestured him to leave.

"Take care." With that, Henry dived into the lake. I wondered if he resided in the lake?

I scanned the items that Henry brought back and I picked up a pink top. I put it on and fastened it with a thin sash as belt. Thereafter, I saw something wrapped in a lotus leaf and found a roast chicken. It smelled so nice. I regretted letting Henry going off because at least he could find food for me whenever I am hungry.

When the skies darken, I set up a fire and I leaned against a tree trunk. I also set up a few barriers to protect myself because I had no idea what sort of danger lurked around here. 

My surrounding was getting quieter and I was about to doze off when I heard faint noise. I opened my eyes and saw my fire had died away.

Guided by the moonlight, I walked to the sound and I saw a wet figure coming up from the lake. His handsome face was pale and he was pressing hard on his chest, he looked to be in pain. 

Without a doubt, he was Kyuhyun. When he stepped to the ground, he collapsed...

Seeing this, I came out and went towards Kyuhyun. 

As if Kyuhyun heard me, he forced himself up and sent off a deadly aura at me. I did not back off but continued walking to him. I knelt down in front of Kyuhyun. "Are you alright?" I asked worriedly.

He eyed me with a strange looks and did not respond.

I grabbed his arm and assisted him up to rest on the boulder. I set Kyuhyun leaning against the boulder while I sat in front of him, checking for any injuries.

Throughout, Kyuhyun was staring at me like a beast on caution and he also seemed puzzled. I saw that Kyuhyun was pressing onto his chest all this while. I stretched out my hands and wanted to check but he grabbed my wrist harshly. I felt my arm was going to be torn off as Kyuhyun was strong.

I used the most gentle tone," Don't be scared for I mean you no harm."

Kyuhyun paused for a while before he released his hand on my wrist. I saw that there was clear red marks on my wrist but I was not worry about myself. I opened up Kyuhyun robe and found large bruises on his chest.

"Who are you? What are you doing?" Kyuhyun stared at me coldly.

"I....." At this juncture, I did not know how to respond. I was here to change his destiny and by telling Kyuhyun my name, would there be any significance? I hesitated..... Plus he loved someone else....

Thinking of this, I felt my nose sniffing and I lowered my head, not meeting Kyuhyun's eyes. "I am not doing anything. Don't ask anymore."

What am I going to do with Kyuhyun's injuries?

I do not know any healing spell. I only recalled reading grandpa's book that Demon attacked human for 2 reasons: One, just for the thrill of taking lives; Two, to strengthen their power. The fastest way to power up was to consume human blood. Human blood could also speed up the healing if the Demons were injured. If the human had divine power, the blood would fasten the healing. Hence, human beings like the monks, Demon slayer and those with in born divine power were the target of the Demons.

I retrieved Eunhyuk's dagger from my haversack. Kyuhyun continued eyeing every single bit of my movement. I placed the dagger on my left palm and slashed it lightly. Blood started oozing out and Kyuhyun widened his eyes.....

Kyuhyun was not cursed and his memories had not been sealed away. Because he did not feel any effect of my blood....

"Open your mouth." I whispered. Kyuhyun did not comply but merely stared at me. Hence I pressed my hand on his chin and tilted his head up and squeeze my blood into his mouth.

Kyuhyun slapped my hand away angrily and I guessed it was humiliating for someone to force him to look up. Kyuhyun grabbed my palm and brought it close to his lips. He my wounds and this scene seemed . ....

After spacing out for a while, I withdrew my palm," How did you sustain the injuries?" Kyuhyun was alright when I last saw him fleeing away but now he had that ugly injuries.

"I was ambushed by someone. Why are you saving me? And how did you know that your blood can save me?"

"Keke, I am surprise that you actually asked me so many questions and spoke so much." I smiled but seeing his annoyed looks, I responded to his queries," I am a Demon slayer."

" They send you to capture me!" Kyuhyun shifted back slightly and looked at me in irk.

"They?" Who were they that Kyuhyun was saying? I did not understand.

"Those pheasants engaged so many useless one to get me but all of them were dead. You are slightly lucky because the Demons were out of the lair for these few days. Else you will turn into our dinner." Kyuhyun smirked.

"I am not engaged by them." I shook my head.

Just when I finished saying that, there was rustling noise coming from the woods. I saw flickers of lights and I think that they were fire torches.

"Still denying..." Kyuhyun smirked and his stares were colder than the lake.

"I....." I wanted to explain myself but Kyuhyun stood up by holding on the boulder. 

"Since they dare to barge in here, they shall perish here." 

What?

I was shocked upon hearing Kyuhyun's words. Though the Kyuhyun I knew was far scarier than the Kyuhyun in front of me, Kyuhyun would never say those words. 

Very soon, we were surrounded by a large group of people. I estimated that there might be 200 of them. I could not let Kyuhyun hurt them and besides he was injured as well. 

"Lady Seo." My heart stopped when I heard that name. I tilted my head stiffly trying to see where Seo was.

I saw a young boy of about 17 to 18 years old walking towards me and pulled me away. He was so strong till I was being dragged off.

"Lady Seo, why are you here? It is dangerous and follow me back!" The boy spoke while dragging me away.

What? What did he just call me? Seo?

 "Wait, let go of me. You got the wrong person..." I yelled and tried to release his grip on my hand. However, he grabbed onto my wrist tighter.

"Lady Seo, Master will be angry if you continue to be so wilful.  You are going to be married whether you like it or not. You should not have run off and cause Madam to be worried." I was even more shocked of what I heard from the boy.

Married? Married to who? Seo was getting married to who?  Wasn't she the one that Kyuhyun loved? How would Kyuhyun allow Seo to get married to someone else?

I was being dragged off for a distance and I am still confused about everything .

"Let go of me! Didn't you hear me?" I had been repeating this line for numerous times till my throat hurt and my hand feeling slight pain.

However, I was being dragged to a huge luxurious manor. I raised my head and before I could see it clearly,  I was dragged off again. Just what was going on?

When I stepped into the compound, I was stunned by the scene that greeted me.... The boy who was still pulling on my hand was also shocked.  He looked at me and then at the girl inside the room.

The girl was sitting in front of the zenith and was playing it beautifully.  Her dark purple robe was lying on the ground and her black silky hair was scattered on her shoulders, behind her back and on her face. The colour of her hair enhance the milky white complexion of her skin. 

She was around 15 to 16 years old with a small oval face and cherry like lips. Her large almond shaped eyes were captivating but they were emotionless.

She and me looked quite alike but we could still be differentiated.  I was more matured and less frail plus I am more charismatic.. 

"Lady Seo?" The boy looked at the two of us and was puzzled.

I seized the opportunity to threw his hand off and shouted," I told you that you had the wrong person!"

"Oh, I am so sorry." The boy apologized after looking at me for a while.

So she was Seo? I could not help but to take another look at her. She was definitely very elegant and beautiful. I turned to leave.

"It is very late. Stay for the night and leave tomorrow morning." I heard her gentle voice.

Though she did not ask me anything, she should have guess as much.

I turned my head and shook my head," It is okay, I am rushing for time."

I started walking off from where I came from. I wondered how was Kyuhyun? Did those people harm him? Or wait,... What if Kyuhyun killed them all?

I was worried and I started running off with my fate st speed. When I arrived, I saw the people lying on the floor. Oh my gosh, we're they dead? I looked around and they seemed to be breathing but unconscious. Maybe Kyuhyun did not have the power to take their lives. ...

Where was Kyuhyun?  Where had he gone to?

I started searching for Kyuhyun. Though I was worried for the unconscious people, my concern was Kyuhyun for now. Dawn broke while I was searching.

"Who is there?" I heard a voice but I saw no one. The voice was unfamiliar to me.

I followed the voice to the lake and I saw a large dark creature. Sea dragon! The top part of its body was on the land while its lower part of the body was submerged in the lake. It was barely breathing. I saw someone in white,  stepping on its body. It was too much! How dare he treated my Kyuhyun like this!

I shot out and wanted to kick him off but he dodged my move. At the same time, he hopped off from Kyuhyun. I went to look at Kyuhyun and touched his hard scaly body. His eyes were closed and he was trying to open it because I saw his eye lashes moving slightly.

"Kyuhyun..." My tears was rolling down when I saw Kyuhyun like this. My tears landed on Kyuhyun and I shook him," Kyuhyun, Kyuhyun. Please wake up. You are not going to die right? You can't leave me alone here...."

Kyuhyun forced his eyes open before he shut it.

"Who are you? Daring enough to come here alone." The man in white spoke and his voice sounded creepy. 

"What have you done to Kyuhyun?" I did not answer him.

"Hmm, I wanted him to die in those human ' s hand but they are too weak. So I had to finish this up."

"You are Yoochun?" I looked at him and recalled what Henry told me. It was just my wild guess. Only Yoochun was on par with Kyuhyun. Both of them served the Dark Angel Lord but why did I sense that they had huge grudges between them?

"You know Kyuhyun and me?" He looked surprised and he eyes gleamed with interest.

"I do not want to know you at all!" I took a deep breathe. I was full of hatred toward this Yoochun fellow because he hurt my Kyuhyun like this!

"So you and Kyuhyun are more than just friends?" Yoochun tilted his head," Are you feeling pain for him?"

I did not respond but pulled out Eunhyuk's dagger from my haversack.  I spoke menacingly, " I am going to slice you up!"

Yoochun chuckled and dodged my attacks," Who are you? Or should I ask what are you? You have both the Demonic and divine aura."

I was not going to reply to Yoochun ' s queries and I just wanted to chop him up in pieces.

"Pfft,  an ordinary dagger can't harm me in any way.' Yoochun smirked. 

I attacked again when he was speaking. My dagger stabbed him and instantly, his white robe was torn and stained with blood.

"This is no ordinary dagger! It is specially created to deal with you!" I gritted my teeth.

I charged at Yoochun again and wanted to avenge for Kyuhyun. However, Yoochun was prepared and he shot out a white light at me. I shielded my eyes with my arms and I was pushed back. I saw fine lines on my arms and I felt a bit numb.

Yoochun grabbed my hands and pressed then behind my back. " Just who the hell are you? You sure are feisty. Interesting."

I did not respond because my head was spinning with pain.

"Demon slayer or a Exorcist? " Yoochun asked in a stern voice. It seemed that he would end my life if I did not respond to him.

I continued to remain silent and shot deadly glares at him.  Even if I am going to die,  I will ensure that he would be accompanying me.

Yoochun gave a slam on my back and I was flung off.  I rolled for a few yards on the ground. It was so painful. When I stopped rolling, I tried to stand up. If Kyuhyun was dead, it would be meaningless for me. I was panicky for what I should do. Suddenly, I felt a warm sensation flowing through my body and it seemed as if I was soaking in hot spring as all my muscle was relaxed. I also saw my injuries healing away. 

I advanced at Yoochun rapidly and he could not react to my attack as he was caught off guard. I claw my hand and attacked his flawless face. His handsome face as decorated with some scratch marks. 

Yoochun held onto his face and looked atonished at me. I held up my head and smirked back at him. So Kyuhyun's elixir not only had healing power, it also boost my power when I was in a dire situation.

Okay, it was pay back time now!

After coming up with this in my head, a barrier appeared on the 4 sides. I pinned Yoochun down and started smacking him. Soon, I was laughing in glee as his face was red by my slaps and blood trailed at the corner of his lips. He gave me a slam and I hit onto the barrier. Yoochun stood up but he was unable to escape as well.

"Arrrgggghhhh. " I screamed suddenly. Even if I finished off Yoochun,  I was unable to restore Kyuhyun to his human form.  What am I going to do?

I started tearing again and I slumped on the ground like a lifeless door. I felt sunrise and I stood up and left the barrier.

I went to Kyuhyun and he seemed seriously injured but I was unable to do anything to help him. I started slashing my hand and pressed my blood onto Kyuhyun's mouth.

"Hey. You okay?" A figure emerged from the lake. Henry? He jumped up into the land. "Was it you who emitted the Demonic aura? Wow, you are great! Only a thousand years old Demon will have that kind of power!"

Henry stopped talking when he came close to me.

"What are you doing? You are letting Lord Kyuhyun drink your blood? Are you crazy?" Henry shrieked.

"Kyuhyun...." I called out. My tears and blood were flowing but the pain was in my heart. 

My blood stopped after a while but nothing happened to Kyuhyun.

"Why are you crying? You know Lord Kyuhyun?" Henry looked at me puzzled but I remained silent. Henry saw Yoochun at our right side and exclaimed," You lock Lord Yoochun in that barrier? You are so awesome!"

I was desperate to save Kyuhyun and I started to switch the dagger in my left hand. I was about to slash my right palm when Henry stopped me," It is useless. Your blood can't save Lord Kyuhyun."

I collapsed on the ground. Maybe I used up every ounces of my energy or maybe I was dizzy from the loss of blood or I was feeling hopeless at the situation now. I tried to stable my breathing.

"I don't know what to do now. I only know this method to save Kyuhyun." I was in despair. Why did the situation turn out like this? I could not change the history? If Kyuhyun died, what was my purpose of coming here?

"Tell me, why did you have the Demonic aura on you? How did all this happen?"

I looked at Henry. I did not know why he asked me all that but he seemed to haveno ill intention

"Because a Demon gave me his elixir. Maybe I was trying to avenge for Kyuhyun and so maybe it enhance my power and trapped Yoochun in the barrier." I spoke through my flowing tears

"What! A Demon gave you his elixir?  This shows that you are someone that he valued a lot."

"Is it so?" I looked at the unconscious Kyuhyun.

"You want to save Lord Kyuhyun?"

"You know of a way?"

"Give him your Demonic power..." Henry spoke after he paused for a while. " Lord Kyuhyun is very weak now. By giving him your Demonic power, he will be able to take your blood.'

"How am I going to do that?"

"Mouth to mouth."

I looked at Kyuhyun and grabbed his lips. I pressed my lips onto his and puffed out. I did not know if this would work but I could only try....