Chapter 3

Wow! The pretty boys are Demons.

The amount of money that Dad left me was enough for me to stay in a modest hotel for a few days but I did not want to do so. I went around searching for a job and I found one at a cafe near my High school. The best part was that the cafe provide free meals and lodging which made me ecstatical.

I had been working in the cafe for almost 1 month and I believemy salary was sufficient to pay for my school fee and dormitory fee for the new school term. As for my daily expenditure and pocket money, I would have to work during the weekend to earn them. Though it might be taxing on me, I felt better because I supported myself and I wouldn't cause any inconvenience to anyone.

Beside the job at cafe was great, it provided smart uniform, air conditioned environment which was excellent in the hot summer days, and I merely needed to serve drinks and pastries to the customers. 

Today, there was a lot of customers coming to the cafe. The doorbell on the front door sounded, signaling of new customers into the cafe. I quickly went over to attend to them them and led them to an empty table.

"Excuse me, can I take your order?" I smiled at the 2 girls.

"I want a cup of hot cuppinco and a slice of Black Forest cake." The girl with long wavy hair answered.

"I want a Iced lemon tea and a slice of blueberry cheese cake." The short red-haired girl spoke.

"Thank you and your order will be served shortly." I wrote their order in my note pad, bowed at them and left.

The doorbell sounded and strangely, I heard loud gasps in the cafe. Everyone was whispering and looking at the door and I was curious to find out what happened.

'Oh no' I stared at the group coming into the cafe and I quickly turned my back, escaping into the kitchen area. However, my co-worker, Amber, at the cashier counter grabbed my arm before I could escape into the kitchen.

"Minnie, where are you going?" Amber looked at me.

I could not tell Amber that I was escaping from the group. " Er toilet... Tummy ache."

"Excuse me, can I take your order Sirs?" Krystal's voice sounded in the cafe.

"Ah, can you get that staff to take our order? Thank you." Leteuk's voice sounded.

I turned around and saw Leteuk pointing at me.... Kyuhyun, Yesung and Wookie were here too. They wore suit?!

 Leteuk looked atonishing in a white suit with his blond hair tied up in a messy pony tail. Well that was within my expectation of him.

Kyuhyun wore a fitting black suit and er had that gloomy aura but it was alluring.

Wookie looked so adorable in his light grey suit and a black bow tie.

Yesung looked like a sunshine boy in his sky blue suit and thin framed sunglasses.

I guessed that there was no way I could escape that and I took a deep breathe. I went up to them and pointed to an empty table at the corner," Sirs, this way please."

After they sat down, I smiled and took out my note pad," Sirs, can I take your order? We are famous for our iced latte." I had to put on my brightest smile while at work.

4 pairs of eyes scrutinized me and I felt my useless legs turning into jelly.

"Sirs, can I ......." I repeated after getting no reply from them.

"We want everything on your menu. Everything drinks and pastries but you have to serve them one at a time." Leteuk pointed at me and a smirk flashed across his face.

I took another deep breathe.

"Alright Sirs. Please wait for your orders to be served. Thank you." I bowed and I could only forced a smile out with the consolation that I did not have to write any orders from them.

Did they come for revenge because I ran away from home and left that farewell letter? Leteuk, you could not be that petty right?

"Minnie, you know them? They are so gorgeous." Amber squealed at me when I walked to the counter.

"They are Danger and you better get far from it." I whined at Amber who ignored me.

Alarmingly, the cafe became crowded within 15 minutes and all eyes were targeted at the 4 guys --F4? Some of them were queuing up outside the cafe and those inside did not seem to have any intention to be leave anytime soon.

Despite the crowdedness and long wait, everyone looked blissful. The whole cafe smelled of admiration, love and lust?! ( Me: Cough cough, I am not exaggerating!)

I was working like a crazy woman because the drinks and pastries added up to almost 100 items and I had to serve to them cup by cup and plate by plate.

"Please enjoy." I had mentioned this for the 98th times and my mouth was sored.

Wookie held up the cup of expresso and took a sip but he spurted out the next second. Poor Yesung and his expression turned deadly and glanced at Wookie.

"It's so bitter." Wookie pouted and stuck out his tongue.

"Expresso is indeed bitter for little one like you. Maybe you will like to try the milk tea which is sweet." I pointed at one of the cups on the cluttered table.

"Young master, why aren't you calling my name?" Wookie looked at me with his sad puppy eyes. Immediately, his furry ears appeared on his head and he quickly used his hands to covered them. Even his ears were dropping lifelessly.

I felt sad for Wookie and wanted to pet his head but the whisperings brought me back to my senses. " Excuse me while I bring out the other orders."

Finally, it was the last cup and I had been walking up and down for many times. It was over!

I bumped into someone and the cup of caramel tea slipped from my hand.

"Look! What have you done! My new skirt..." A girl wailed out loud as her white dress was tainted with the caramel tea. I hurried over and apologized while at the same time tried to clean off the mess with a piece of cloth.

"Hey you ugly woman! What did you just say? It is you who bump into her!" Yesung rushed to us and pointed at the curly brown haired girl. The girl was too terrified to say anything.

Yesung turned and took my hand," Young master, are you okay? Are you scalded by the drink?"

I retracted my hands and spoke calmly," I am Lee Sungmin. Can't you see my name on my name tag? Can't you read my name? Do you need me to repeat my name?"

" Ya, your handwriting is so ugly and so I can't read it..." Yesung sulked like a kid. Really, he could fight with Wookie to claim the title of ageyo King. "Please come home with us..." Yesung pleaded.

"No. I have a place to stay and I did not want to bother anyone or caused any problem to anyone."

"This is not a good place to talk further. Shall we move outside?" Leteuk smiled and he whispered to my ear," If you refuse to do so, it will take an instant for all the human here to end up in Yesung's stomach...." Hearing this from the gentle and kind Leteuk was scary, make it a hundred horror shows combined.

"Amber, Krystal. I needed to go out for a while and please let Manager Yuri know about it when she comes in later." I could only comply and instructed Amber and she nodded in acknowledgement

Leteuk placeda  stack of bills on the counter and spoke in a gentlemanly manner to Amber," Keep the change." Leteuk knew how the human world function since he knew the need to pay after eating.

I followed them silently outside and walked to a deserted alley. I leaned on the wall and cross my arms, preparing for Leteuk's long lecture.

"Why did you left? And without any notification?"

"I wrote everything on the letter. I do not know if one day, I will be eaten up by you guys if I offended you." I spoke rather rudely. Since I had left the house and not planning to return.

"Nooo. This thing will not happen! I had not eaten any human for the past 100 years." Yesung exclaimed. Maybe he was apologetic for what he had said during our first encounter.

"Since, you do not intend to return; take this." Leteuk shoved some bills into my palm.

"I can't accept this..." Was this from selling his scales? How can I take his money," Leteuk.... I can work and support myself. I did not have the intention to disturb you guys when I went to grandpa's house. I merely hope to find a place to stay. I am sorry for causing all this..."

"Kyuhyun, can you say something to make young master stay." Yesung was pleading the uninterested Kyuhyun.

"You take care." Kyuhyun squeezed out these words after looking at me for a few minutes.

"Thanks, I will." I felt tears gathering at my eyes. I felt that I could not bear to leave them but I had to do so.

"Aishi... I should have punch that fella harder.... Now how can I face Master when I die." Yesung sighed and bowed his head.

Though Yesung did not mention the name, I knew who he was referring to. I felt very guilty.

"Yesung, what do you mean? What happen to Kangin?" I could control myself from asking.

"Oh, he left and went back to Monster Street... Better for him there." Yesung muttered.

Seeing his attitude, I was pissed off.

'Bak.' I slapped Yesung's face.

Yesung blinked his eyes and stared at me.

"This is for grandpa! You deserve it!" I glanced at Yesung. " Grandpa severe tie with us, just to be with you guys. To grandpa, you all are important to him and how could you say that about Kangin!"

"I will never return and you all better get Kangin back!" I shouted out my last sentence and stormed off.

This would be the last time that I see them.... But it would be better for me. I am not grandpa and that place was not for me. I better cut all ties before I sank too deep...

I was deep in thoughts when I realized someone stood in front of me. The blue hair floated in the wind....

"Sorry..." Kangin stuttered.

I was dumbfounded to hear apology from Kangin. "I did not blame you."

"Come home with us...."

"Please, I had make up my mind not to return." I walked pass Kangin, towards the cafe.

"Ten years." I stopped after hearing Kangin blabbing the words. I did not turn around but stood still for him to continue.

Kangin's low voice sounded," There used to be many others and it was very noisy but it was a home for us. After Master pass away, many left and only the 9 of us left.... We just want to guard the house which had no Master. For the past ten years, you can't imagine the loneliness we endured. We were scared that the day would come for the 9 of us to part."

"When you came, Eunhyuk and the guys are so happy. They do not know how to express themselves in words and was determined to take good care of you. I... I am also happy because we had a reason to stay together, the 9 of us."

I was so touched by the sincerity and the love that they had for one another, in Kangin's words. I did not know how to respond but I knew that the wall that I constructed in my heart had been demolished. I could not refuse not to return because I knew the reason now....

Kangin knelt on one knee in front of me," Please come back and stay with us. I am willing to serve you while I am still alive."

"Kangin stop being so dramatic." I turned around and wiped my tears," Okay. I need to pack my things first.

They are so evil! To think that they ganged up to force me to return by making use of my weakness of being soft hearted.

Everything resumed to where it was. I wanted to continue working in the cafe though I returned home but they objected. I am so angry and I should have stated all my terms and conditions before I came back so easily.... Ahhhhh

The dinner looked sumptuous though. Those that flew in the sky, swam in the water etc... I lost count of the number of dishes on the dinning table.

"I won't leave even if you guys drove me out." I narrowed my eyes at the 9 of them. "I am grandpa's grand daughter and I might have inherit his spiritual power and so you all better watch out for it."

"Young master, I swear we will not chase you away." Yesung spoke happily with food in his mouth.

"How dare you speak. You guys made me walked up and down in the cafe and my legs are still aching now. I had not forgiven you yet." I pouted.

"Young master, you slap me earlier and my handsome face hurts but my little heart hurts more..." Yesung whined and gave me a sad puppy look which I could not stand him.

"Aishi... I am sorry Yesung. Okay?" 

Yesung nodded excitedly and continued to stuff food into his mouth.

"The summer holiday is still long and I will be bored and i cant go back to work in the cafe..." I supported my chin on my left hand.

"Perhaps, Heechul can teach you to play the zenith, Donghae's drawing is great and Siwon calligraphy is awesome...." Leteuk smiled at me.

Huh? Leteuk wanted me to learn so much thing? Play the zenith, drawing and doing calligraphy... Why is my life so miserable?

"Oh there are some books left by Master and if you are interested, you can read them." Eunhyuk interrupted.

"Yes, I will be interested.

"Good, learning all these are the basic foundation to become a Demon slayer."

"Oh great!" I rolled my eyes at Leteuk which earned giggles from Wookie.

Leteuk really behaved like my nanny and I had never noticed this before.