Chapter 22

Wow! The pretty boys are Demons.

After a warm shower, I was dressed in a crimson red gown and I felt uncomfortable in it. In addition the bright red make up, deep red lip colour made my features  more refined and prettier but I am not used to this looks.

Do I have to dress up like this till the next day? Would Kyuhyun look for me? But so far, there was no sign of him? Was it because I am in a far away place? Or he was not  too concern with my disappearance? Forget it, I shook my head. It was useless to think of all these right now and it would be better if I think of ways to escape from here.....

If I used my self defence skills, I might be able to get out of here right? Well, I am still a Demon slayer though not a full fledged qualified one... Although my spells and charms wouldn't work on human, I still got to give it a try to see else I would become Jungmin's bride!?

I opened the door and saw two guards outside, One on the left and one on the right.

"Young mistress, where are you going?"

"Don't you dare address me as Young mistress!" I glared at them and walked out of the room," I am going to take a walk and get some fresh air."

"Young master has instructed that Young mistress has to stay inside the room till the wedding."

I was going crazy after hearing that and I had no way to vent my frustration.

"Well, I am not yet married to your Young master and so stop calling me Young mistress!" I shouted.

The guards was stunned for a while before one of them spoke, " Lady Seo, Young master instructed us to guard over you and so please do not put us in a difficult position."

Huh? Me putting you two in a difficult position? I believed it should be the other way round!

I did not heed their words and continued to walk out. The two guards came in front of me and blocked my way. I had never stepped out of my room and suddenly, I felt I could lose my way here. I also realized that my belongings and Eunhyuk's dagger was not with me. I guessed it was taken by Jungmin. I had to get the dagger back as it was a precious gift from Eunhyuk.

"Where are my belongings?" I spoke harshly to the guards.

"Lady Seo, your belongings are with Young master and he will return them to you after the wedding."

"To the hell I will marry him!" I shot out a kick. Although it was not nice to beat up someone, I just could not control myself.

"Lady Seo, please calm down." The other guard who did not receive my kick, started to coax me.

I ignored him and continued walking off. I did not expect this beacuse suddenly, a large number of guards appeared in front of me and they did not look too friendly.

"Seo, you can't just walk out like this." I did not know when Jungmin appeared from.

"It is up to me if I want to stay in the room or walk out of the room!" I was so mad that I could explode from the rising anger within me. I continued to walk but I was blocked in my path. I let out a side kick when I turned my body. It was useless to talk and so I guessed actions spoke louder than words. "Damn it. Just because I did not start and you all think that I am weak." I cursed while I fought my way out. My action was thing less compared to a female gangster.

One of the maids murmured," I heard that Lady Seo was a refined person and how on earth she can curse and behave like this?"

Another maid pipped in," Yes. Yes."

I side glance at them and showed my fiercest expression. I am not Seo at all.

"Do not be rude!" Jungmin commanded at the maids and the sudden murmurings stopped. The place became dead silent.

"Yah, I want to get out of here! Now!" I shouted.

"Seo, this is another city and not your city. Even if you managed to escape from my manor, I doubt that you can find your way back." Jungmin smirked confidently and I really wanted to bash up his face.

"I will never ever marry you! I have thing to do and I have no time to play with you." I shouted till my voice seemed hoarse.

"You can finish your thing after our wedding."

"What is it that you took upon me?"

"Everything about you is making me falling for you. With you in my life, it will not be boring."

I am really speechless. Did this idiot Jungmin being attracted by my temper and character? Well, maybe even my appearance since he mentioned that he fell in love with me at the first sight.

"Don't force me!" I was at my wit's end. I regretted not learning from Siwon," I should have ask Siwon to teach me how to chop people up."

" Seo, so long you agree to marry me; I will allow you some time to finish the things that you wanted to do. Else, I will not let you take a step out of your room...." Jungmin turned and gestured to a guard behind. In a blink of an eye, I was being tied up with ropes.

Come to think of it, Jungmin's words made sense. I did not know where this place was and I had less than 2 weeks left here. I guessed it would be better off if I stayed here and waited for Kyuhyun to find me (If he would). Maybe it would be faster. I stopped struggling when I think of this. Less than half an hour later, I was sitting on the bed and Jungmin was sitting in front of me.

"Seo, you do not have to be like this. I will honour my promises to you. Once we are married, I will give you time to finish the thing that you needed to do." Jungmin sounded very sincere with his words. I still could not comprehend why he inisisted to marry me but he did not seem like a bad guy. " Are you hungry? Is there any food that you wish to eat and I can get the kitchen staffs to prepare for you."

"Yes, I am so hungry now that I can eat a lot of things!" I pouted and replied childishly. I decided to convert my frustration into appetite to feast on the good food here and maybe I could store up my energy.

It was late at night which I believed because I could only hear the occasional noise of crickets and frogs from outside.

"Untie me now. I want to eat." My hands were bound by ropes on my back. It was tight but I did not feel any pain on my hands and I knew that it was difficult for me to wriggle out.

"I will feed you." Jungmin scoop something from a bowl and brought the spoon in front of me.

I rolled my eyes.

"Seo, you are so adorable and amusing." Jungmin chuckled and his sight never left me.

I felt uneasy when Jungmin kept staring at me like this. I wondered if he was an idiot because I had told him umpteen time that I am not Seo.

After finishing up the food, I kicked Jungmin out of my room. I closed my eyes and decided to take a nap. Maybe I could find a way to escape after recharging myself and devise a strategy.

 

"Shoot.... Get ready to shoot another rounds of the arrows!"

"Kill him...."

"Don't let him escape!"

I woke up from my slumber and I heard a din from outside. I opened my sleepy eyes and saw that it was bright outside but it did not seem to be morning. I struggled to sit myself up and to get down from the bed. I slammed open the doors with my shoulders and I saw a sea of fire and heavy thick smoke. Did the manor caught fire? Why was happening....

I went out of the room and saw bodies lying on the ground, motionless. Heavy and sickening smell of blood lingered in the air and my heart was beating fast. I tried to burn the rope at the nearby burning branches. My hands felt the heat of the fire and luckily, the rope was burnt off without burning myself. I quickly slipped off the ropes and wanted to run toward the direction where I heard noises. Though I am clueless of what was going on, I hope that nothing happened to Jungmin since he seemed like a nice guy to me.

The blaze got stronger and was burning some of the buildings. Bits and bits of fire was all around, illuminating the surroundings....

My eyes caught a familiar figure, a view of the back to be exact but he had the sharp claws on his hands and blood was trickling down his hands..... It pained me.

The blaze, the dark night, the wind, the wavy long black hair on that familiar figure. My heart was throbbing with pain that I could hardly breathe. When that figure turned around and faced me, my tears flowed out like a spoilt tap.

"Kyuhyun..." I called out to him in a trembling voice.

Next, I saw Jungmin lying on the ground and I quickly went up to check on him. I felt that Jungmin was still alive and I felt slightly relieved. "Jungmin, are you alright?" I touched his face and asked.

"Seo.... run...." Jungmin opened his eyes briefly and warned me.

Was Jugmin worried about my safety than his injuries? I felt guilty on my treatment and attitude towards him all this while.

"Sorry..." I blurted out but what could an apology do now. I felt something queer and I raised my head, seeing Kyuhyun striking his hand at Jungmin. Without any thoughts, I hugged Jungmin and I felt a tremendous pain on my shoulders to my back. I winched and saw that my sleeves was torn and a claw prints decorated my shoulder.

Kyuhyun was shocked, confused, jealous, angry and other mixture of feelings. "Why did you do this? Don't you like me anymore?"

"Kyuhyun, do you know what are you doing? Why did you take innocent lives? This is wrong!" I screamed at Kyuhyun. I could not believe that the one that I loved did all this.

"Why can't I kill people? I am a Demon! Don't you know this from the beginning!" Kyuhyun looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"Seo, are you alright?" Jungmin pushed himself up and interrupted us.

"Sorry." I kept apologizing because I did not know what to say to Jungmin.

Kyuhyun, I am a human and I had conscious and I would feel the pain of the innocent lives that you took....

"Kyuhyun, why did you do this?" I looked at Kyuhyun while I tumbled helplessly on the ground.

"Why?" Kyuhyun started laughing and then he pulled me up harshly. I felt more pain on my shoulder after his pull. However, Kyuhyun did not even see my painful expression and he kept shaking me," Seo, you belonged to me! I will not allow anyone to touch you. Do you understand! But you are going to marry him...."

"Kyuhyun...." My voice turned out to a whisper as I felt numbness on my shoulders and I could barely feel my hand anymore.

Was Kyuhyun jealous? But even so, he could not just kill the people like this. Furthermore, there was nothing between Jungmin and me....

"I am going to kill him!" Kyuhyun roared.

I went in front and blocked Kyuhyun. I hugged Kyuhyun and hopped that he would calm down. While I felt that Kyuhyun made no movement, I slowly released him. I stretched my good hand and caressed his face," Please Kyuhyun. I beg you to clam down..." I was crying.

Kyuhyun pulled me into his embrace. "You are mine...." His voice cracked.

Although Kyuhyun was causing more pain to my shoulder due to the tight hug, I did not feel the pain but only happiness.

"Don't go on a killing spree. I did not like it when you kill human. I am a human and I will hate you if you kill my kind." I spoke.

"Hate me! I love you and yet you hate me?" Kyuhyun's eyes became hollow and he was hurt by my words.

Kyuhyun said that he loved me! Kyuhyun......

Kyuhyun looked at me with a sad expression and he messy hair was fluttering in the winds. I heard his words clearly in my ears," I want to be with you forever but it was only my wish thinking. Seo...."

Seo... Who was Kyuhyun calling? Was it me? Suddenly, my tense emotion snapped....

I did not know what happened thereafter as I felt that my body was floating in the air. It seemed as if someone carried me up, so warm and familiar. Time seemed to have stopped and my senses came back a little. I felt the pain and the drain of energy out from my body...

"I love her and I want to be with her forever........" It was Kyuhyun's voice. I felt my heart wrenching when I heard this. This was so familiar and yet so far and real.....

" Kyuhyun, Do you think that I will allow this?" The voice was powerful and it seemed to come from afar.

"I want to be with her no matter what. Lord Dark Angel, I know that I pledged my loyalty to serve you forever but I can't uphold it anymore. To me, she is everything even more than my life...." I heard the genuine feelings in Kyuhyun's words.

"Human are flickle minded creature. Can she accept the real you? You are a sea dragon.... Will she marry you and be with you forever?" The voice of the Dark Angel sounded again.

"She will because I believe in her! Because I love her...." Kyuhyun paused and answered immediately.

My body felt waves of warmness and I blinked open my eyes slowly. The surroundings was strange to me and there were a lot of people around us. It was more like Kyuhyun and me were being surrounded.... I saw a few familiar faces in the crowd, Yoochun, Geng, Zhoumi and Henry....

"I will end her life!" I saw the Dark Angel as well as his words. The Dark Angel had a sinister aura around him and the aura was making me uncomfortable. The pain on my shoulders started again.

"I will protect her even if I have to give up my life...." Kyuhyun rebuked. I realized that I was in Kyuhyun's embrace all this while.

"You are a powerful Demon and it is a waste for you to die for a mere mortal." The Dark Angel took a softer approach but his words sent shivers in me," Why don't you..."

I did not hear the rest of the words as I became sleepy and drifted into slumber.

                                                                         *********************************************************************************************************

"Ahhhhhhhhh." I shrieked and opened my eyes. I sat up immediately and the pain on my shoulder shot up to me, making me totally awake. I looked around and saw that I am back in the cave. Kyuhyun, Henry, Yoochun, Geng, Zhoumi were here.

"Kyuhyun, did you agree to any of the Dark Angel's conditions?" I could not determine if I was dreaming earlier or was it a real thing.

Kyuhyun stared at me without saying anything.....

"Miss Demon slayer, are you feeling better?"

"What happen to Jungmin? Was he dead? Kyuhyun, what did you promise to the Dark angel? Answer me." I raised my voice and felt very miserable.

"Seo...." Kyuhyun finally spoke but he stopped abruptly.

I shivered when I heard Kyuhyun's voice.

" Your name is also Seo?" Geng looked at me in a puzzled manner.

"I am not Seo. Seo is dead, a long time ago."

"When I met you for the second time near the lake, I heard this name..... Plus the human also called you by this name, isn't it so?" Kyuhyun's cold voice reached my ears.

"He called me by this name, doesn't mean that it is my name....." I became aggitated.

The atmosphere was tense and no one dared to speak a word until much later that Yoochun spoke," We are leaving you two alone to sort things out."

"No one shall leave till Kyuhyun answered my questions." I continued to shriek as I wanted to know what did agreement did Kyuhyun make with the Dark Angel.

Kyuhyun's face turned away," Jungmi is still alive..."

I was relieved when I heard that and I continued," What about you? What happened? In my semi consciousness, I heard you talking to the Dark Angel...."

" Yes, Kyuhyun made a bet with Dark Angel Lord. If you and Kyuhyun are together, the Dark Angel Lord will leave you two alone. If you fail to be with Kyuhyun, he will die and his soul will be trapped with the Dark Angel Lord for eternity...." Yoochun spoke as he could not stand it longer.

I felt my soul left my body and I went limp.

"Seo..." Kyuhyun called out to me.

"Don't call me Seo! I am not Seo.... My name is not Seo..... you should be with Seo. I can't be with you and we will not have a future....." I started to cry and became hysterical. I did not know what to do anymore because what I had done so far were all wrong. I had not done a single right thing since I came here.... I got out of the bed like a dead soul while Kyuhyun was stunned at his spot. I ventured out of the cave and Yoochun came after me.

"Yah, are you punishing me!" I yelled at the skies, trying to forced out the pressue in my chest and I did not know what other way I could do to get rid of this feeling.