Chapter 4

Wow! The pretty boys are Demons.

The days passed by so slowly and it was the first time that I am dying for the summer holidays to end. I did not want to learn all these difficult stuffs and I am having headaches already.

"Sungmin, why are so stupid? Why are your hand holding the brushes like a chicken claws?" Siwon's sarcastic remarks made my blood boiled.

"Minnie, are you drawing a flower? Oh my god I thought it was a cat." Donghae was laughing at my drawing which depressed me further.

As for Heechul, he did not say anything to me but I am sure that it was a torture for him to hear me play the zenith.

And the books left by grandpa, I couldn't read and understand them at all.

Now, I am sitting under the cherry tree in the garden. The zenith was in front of me as Heechul went off to prepare dinner with Wookie. I was praying hard for someone to rescue me from here.....

Thereat, I saw Kyuhyun and he seemed to be going out.

"Kyuhyun." I ran to catch up with him. I grabbed his sleeves and gave him my cutest pout.

Kyuhyun looked at me blankly, and silently....

"Please save me... Please..." I was on the verge of crying.

"I bring you out for fresh air." Kyuhyun seemed to understand me.

I was sitting up on the cherry tree and it was a wonderful experience. Being a Demon was good because they could land up in the tallest tree with a single leap. I am so envy of them.

"Kyuhyun, you can fly right? Can you take me on a flight?" I blinked my eyes several times at Kyuhyun.

Kyuhyun stared at me for a while without uttering a single word. I am used to him behaving like this as he spoke after a long time. "If you feel scared, hold on to me..."

Suddenly, I felt tightness around my waist and my body floated. I felt slight difficulty in breathing and I leaned against Kyuhyun's chest, trying to get accustom to it.

The skies bathed in orange light and only a few fluffy white clouds were in the skies. The cold winds blew at my face and I had to tilt my face side way to see the scenary below. It was the first time that I saw the hill where the house was situated. Everything was captured in my view. It was breathe taking.

Grandpa, you wasn't lonely right? You must be very blissful...

I looked up at Kyuhyun who had a solemn face and his arms were holding me tightly.

"Kyuhyun, are Demons always this handsome?" I asked and started to touch his face. I knew that Kyuhyun was unable to dodge me and I wanted to know how it was like to touch him.

"Don't you dare move else I will let go of you!" Kyuhyun spoke coldly.

"You won't do that. If I am dead, I would haunt you forever." I joked.

"Stop talking nonsense."

"You stop joking of letting me go."

"I am saying..." Kyuhyun let go of his grip on me.

I screamed in horror and grabbed Kyuhyun's clothes tightly for my dear little life.

Luckily, Kyuhyun hugged me again. I stared at him with tears in my eyes but he was still as emotionless as before.

I almost thought my life was going to end then and my heart stopped. After landing on the ground, I did not say a single word and collapsed on the ground.

Kyuhyun looked at me and extended his hand," Are you alright?"

" I hate you! You are a Jerk! I will never ever talk to you again!" I smacked away Kyuhyun's hand and stormed off.

I cursed and sweared, sweared and cursed... I would not forgive him. I am going to read and master everything in grandpa's books and to let you taste the outcome of treating me like this, Kyuhyun!

"Tongues"

What a weird name? I flipped to page 1 and everything looked like symbols to me and like kiddy scribbling....

Leteuk was probably right. Learning zenith, drawing and calligraphy required a calm and peaceful inner mind. If I want ed to make out what the words meant in grandpa's book, I needed calm inner mind. I couldn't rush to read and learn from the book and so I might as well try to read and understand them slowly.

Soon, my summer holidays was going to end in 3 days' time. I learnt the basic of zenith, drawing and calligraphy but not to the extend of being an expert. Well at least, I had improved a lot.

"Minnie, you really need to improve on your drawings. It is still as bad." Donghae giggled at my drawing.

"Really?" I turned aside and bit my fingertip and sneaked up to Donghae. I pointed in between his eye brows. "Seal. Words." I practise what I had been training from grandpa's book.

Donghae looked at me with a confused look. 

"Sit." I commanded.

Donghae was still confused but his body obeyed and he sat on his bum on the floor.

"Yeah! I succeeded." I laughed out loud.

My laughters sent the rest scrambling to us. Initially, all of them were looking at me and then towards Donghae. I followed their gaze and saw Donghae hugging his knees to his chest and he was trembling.

Oh no, where did this spell went wrong? Why did Donghae tremble?

I squatted down and wanted to help Donghae up. Donghae lifted up his blushing red face and smiled," Ah. I never had such tickling sensation. Minnie, speak more. This restraint gave me the feeling of electricity flowing through me. So niceeeee."

I was taken aback due to Donghae's expression and words. I felt goose bumps on my arms and neck.

"Sungmin, you master the words?" Leteuk inspected Donghae and asked me. Leteuk was indeed a powerful Demon and one look, he knew everything.

I nodded delightedly," I master charms, spells, restraint but the very basic one..."

"Nothing less expected from Master's grand daughter." Kangin nodded.

"That is not what you said during the first meeting with Sungmin." Siwon looked amused at Kamgin, causing the latter to scowl.

"Sungmin, school is starting in few days' time and for your safety, I will get someone to take you to and fro school." Leteuk walked to me.

Fetching me to and fro from school? Now was summer and there might be a lot of snakes in the hills. Leteuk was so considerate....

"I.... I will be escorting young master." Kangin blushed and looked down.

Young master? Except for Leteuk and Kyuhyun, all of them had greeted me as young master. Leteuk called me by my name all the time while Kyuhyun, that rude brat never even call me by my name. I still had not forgive him for what he did to me previously!

I looked at Kangin which I could not reject his offer though I preferred Yesung to me to school.

                                                                            *********************************************************************

But....

"Ahhhh!" This was a very unique way of sending me to school. Kangin was piggy backing me while he flew over the hill and towards the town. Kangin let me down when he landed at a deserted alley near my school.

"Kangin, can we walk to school the next time? I felt like vomitting." I held onto my chest and feeling uncomfortable. I did not wish to vomit on the first day of school.

"Don't worry, I will not let you fall. I will fetch you later in the evening." Kangin disappeared in a blink of an eye.

I walked into the school compound and everything was still the same. How I miss school. I wanted to graduate from High school but Leteuk seemed to have his own plan to send me to University. I really could not understand how a Demon knew so much about my world?

"Minnie....."

I turned around and saw my best friends, Sunny and Sulli. "Sunnyyyyy, Sulliiiiiii"

They ran towards me and panted. Sulli scowled ," Minnie, you moved house?"

"Well yes." I said awkwardly.

"Why didn't you inform us?" Sunny seemed a bit angry.

I smiled and explained," Well you see...." I told them everything and Sulli screamed, attracting attention of some students near us.

"Why didn't you come to us for help when this thing happens?"

"Er, I did not want you to get worried."

"But Minnie, you can stay in my house or Sunny's house. We thought you moved away and not coming to school anymore. I am so worried when I can't contact you...." Sulli wiped her tears.

I knew that Sulli and Sunny would say that and so I did not let them know about my situation. We were not call the 3S sisters for nothing. Moreover, it would not be a 1 or 2 days stay at their house because I had no idea when Dad would be back and I could not stay at their place forever.

"Don't worry about me. I have a place to stay.... I am so sorry for not informing you two since so much things happened and I was shocked." I felt that I owed them an apology since I did not contact my best friends for the whole summer holidays.

"It's okay Minnie. Just give us your latest contact numbers will do." Sunny looked calm and relaxed but I knew that she was worried for me.

I did not know how to respond," Er... The place that I am currently staying does not have telephone." Well I stayed in the hills and with Demons, how on earth would telephone exist.

"Huh? Where are you staying exactly? How can there be no telephone?" Sulli seemed appalled by my reply.

"Well, it is an old fashioned house and so by installing a telephone line will ruin the design." I lied. I regretted saying this because they would get me to stay with them and I quickly added," But they are people (Demons to be the truth) who took care of me."

"Really? I remember that beside your father, you do not have any relatives. And you aren't the type to impose on others." Sunny eyed me suspiciously and she wanted to see through me and my lies. Sunny could be scary at times.

"Aishi, don't worry about me okay?" Although there was no television at home, with the Demons at home; it was very entertaining.

"Alright. I will believe you but you must come to us if you face any difficulties, okay?" Sunny's tone softened.

The new term started and I enjoyed my new life over the summer holidays. I started to miss Leteuk and the rest now.

It was break time and every students were either at the cafeteria or in the classroom, eating.

" You seem to be living pretty well." Sunny stared at my bento set which I placed on my table.

It was a 3 tiers pink bento box with a lot of food, colorful and with mouth watering dishes. I was scared that it would be smashed up when Kangin flew me to school but it was still intact.

Sulli was peeping at my bento like a cat preying on food and she almost drooled," Minnie, can I eat some of your bento?"

"Sure Sulli. And Sunny, let eat together. I can't possibly finish everythibg...." I told Heechul and Wookie to make a simple bento for me but they made such a lot and tasty food for me....

Sulli picked up a piece of unknown meat and ate it. After she chewed and swallowed it, she her lips happily," It's sooo tasty Minnie. I am so envy of you."

"Ahhhhh. So handsome, Yunho sunbae...." A girl in the class screamed and soon all the girls in my class flocked to the window to catch a glimpse of Yunho sunbae.

"Ya it's Yunho sunbae. He was more handsome after the summer holiday." Sulli looked at the window, spoke while was full of food.

I took a look and asked Sulli," Are you sure?" Perhaps I had seen 9 handsome guys at home and so I did not find Yunho sunbae handsome.

Sulli looked at me and then at Sunny. "Minnie, Yunho sunbae was voted as the most handsome guy in school for the past 2 years!"

Well the most handsome guy was so free to roam about during lunch time to our classes.

"Aaaaahhhhhh." Loud screamings was heard in the class.

"Yunho sunbae came into our class?" Sunny voiced out.

I looked up from my food and I saw Yunho sunbae standing at the entrance if our class. Our gazes met and he walked towards me. On no, I had a bad feeling about this.

"Sungmin, will you be my girlfriend?" Everyone frozen upon hearing Yunho sunbae's words.

I was shocked too but I regained my senses," I do not think that we have communicated much at all Yunho sunbae. You don't really know me?"

"Sungmin, do you remember saving a puppy in spring?"

Puppy? I tried recalling," The one who was lost in the park?"

"Yes, that is my puppy."

I was speechless," So Yunho sunbae, it is because of your puppy that you are courting me? Are you out of your mind?"

It was complete silent.