Chapter 23

Wow! The pretty boys are Demons.

Why did thing turned out this way? I did not know the purpose for me bring here..... Because it was now that I realized one thing: The Kyuhyun in thousand plus years later  was in love with Seo and that was actually me! And it was because of my existence here that Kyuhyun made a pact with the Dark Angel.  All these were my doings and I should not have come here at all!

"Your words hurt Kyuhyun..." Yoochun's voice came from behind.

Of course I was aware that I hurt Kyuhyun but I could not help it! The Soul Revival scent stick only lasted for a month and I had to leave here eventually....

"Why? You mind that he is a Demon?" Yoochun pressed on.

I was silent for a long while till I calmed down," I do not mind even if I have to be with Kyuhyun's real form for my life. So long he reciprocate the same feeling, I do not mind at all."

"Why then...." Yoochun let out a confused expression.

"You won't understand. Even if we overcome the barrier of different kind, we can't overcome the barrier of time, a thousand plus years.... It is so long..." I said with a hint of mockery. My tears fell when I was saying this.

"I don't get you...."

I am not surprised by Yoochun's confusion. This was originally a complicated issue and how could he understand instantly.

" I ever hoped to be with young lady.... But she died because of me." Yoochun starting reciting his past. I did not respond and just listened to him. " I should not blame Kyuhyun as he was just acting on Dark Angel Lord's order.... It's all my fault and I had no one to blame. I am such a coward and I don't even have a tenth of Kyuhyun's courage. I was afraid of young lady's reaction if she knew of my real identity. I was terrified that she would hate me. I failed to protect her." Yoochun closed his eyes and had this painful expression.

Did Kyuhyun kill Yoochun's young lady? Well I would guess so and it's not far from what Henry told me before....

"Once we pledged to serve Dark Angel Lord, there can't be other emotion involved.... But she was so innocent and I can't help to fall in love with a human...." Yoochun sighed and I could resonate with that feeling.

"Same goes for Geng. He pretended not to care even if he had feeling for Seo because he knew that this affair, if continued, will bring death to her. Additional emotion will weaken a Demon, will cause kindness and mercy...." I had no idea why Yoochun was telling me all this. "So I truly admire Kyuhyun. The resolution to be with you and he put it into action.... Nothing else matters or pose as barriers so long he can be with you till the end."

To be with me till the end? I started to feel something after hearing Yoochun's words.

I did not what to do now.....

"Think over it carefully." Yoochun intended to leave me to be alone and he was preparing to leave.

"Yoochun..." I stopped him and smiled," Regardless it's me, Seo or your young lady, if we have to choose either us or our loved one to face death; the answer will be us! Seeing Kyuhyun taking innocent lives because me and becomes like this, I felt so useless."

"Once you think through, you will find the answer to all these."

Find an answer? Yoochun made it sounded so simple but my mind was in total blank now.

                                                                                                  ***********************************************************

I sat by the lake and spaced out while looking at the water surface. Kyuhyun was sitting not far from me but his gaze was on me and not the surroundings. This situation persisted for about 4 to 5 days. When I spoke nothing, Kyuhyun would just look at me in silent. When I left his sight, he would chase after me....

I knew that time was running short for me, for us and I should not behave like this. I just could not bring myself to face Kyuhyun. The history could not be changed but pretending to be blissful while living through the remaining time was impossible for me. I felt so lost and helpless....

"Miss Demon Slayer, someone is looking for you." Henry came over, shifted his gaze from Kyuhyun to me.

"Who?" Seeing Henry's solemn looks, I stood up.

"I'm not too sure but he is waiting for you with your dagger."

Jungmin?

I frowned," Where is he?"

"Er....." Henry pointed at Kyuhyun and stammered.

"Speak!" I scolded Henry.

"He was at the edge of the woods." Henry spoke timidly.

I took off and after a few steps, I turned to Kyuhyun," Please do not follow me..." I did not wait for his reply and took off straight.

I could not let Jungmin see Kyuhyun because it would be a cruel thing for Jungmin. Though I could understand that Kyuhyun did that due to me, those deceased were Jungmin's family and from his household. To Jungmin, Kyuhyun was the monster that destroyed his family!

Kyuhyun did not follow me.

When I came out of the woods, I saw a familiar figure pacing about. He was Jungmin.

"You came to see me?"

"Seo?"

This name again. Aishi and I decided not to be bothered by it.

"Is there anything? How are your injuries?"

Seeing my appearance, Jungmin hesitated. It took him a while before he spoke," You are a Demon?" He was guarding against me.

I chuckled," Do I look like one?"

"To be honest, I do not wish to come but I felt that if I don't come today, I might not be able to see you again. So I decided and tried to look for you....." Jungmin spoke and I was shocked of his accurate instinct. I would be returning back soon and I would never see him again.

It did not matter if Jungmin and I were never to see each other. Likewise, I could meet Kyuhyun some thousabd plus years later. But what about his curse? What about the sealed away memories? An idea blinked in my mind and I felt that it sounded ridiculous. Because with this, nothing would change in the future....

"What are you thinking about?"

"I...." I did not know what to respond to Jungmin.

"Whether you are a Demon or not, it does not matter to me. However, I know that you do not like me..." Jungmin lowered his head and let out a forced laughter which made me felt sad for him.

"Jungmin..." I called out to him. I brought myself to face him," I am sorry for everything, for the sorrow and pain and...." I knew my apology could not salvage anything but I did not know what to say except apologized.

"Seo.... It is not uncommon for a Demon to kill human. It is not your fault and you should not be apologizing...." Jungmin spoke with a faint smile. " I should be the one apologizing instead because I almost force you to marry me."

I looked at Jungmin and I guessed he was trying to lighten the mood.

Jungmin withdrew his smile and became serious," I really like you.... So please accept my apology."

" Hmmm." I nodded.

Jungmin took out a small bundle and passed to me," I came to return this to you."

I was full of gratitude," Thank you."

Our gazes met for a few seconds and it seemed very awkward for us.

"Goodbye."

I could sense that Jungmin had something he wish to say but he did not. Those words was not what I would want to hear and my answers would most probably hurt him. It was better this way.

When I came back to the lake, Kyuhyun was sitting at the same spot and looking at the spot where I was sitting at earlier. I did not know if it's joy or sorrow in my heart.

Kyuhyun, you were the only one in my heart.... All this time.

 

 

 

A/N: Sorry for the short abrupt update as it will be ending soon in the next 1 to 2 chapters..... (T.T)