Chapter 1

Wow! The pretty boys are Demons.

Ahhhh.... What was this! I stared at the short note on the table, and felt the bitterness and sadness in my heart. What am I going to do.

 

To: Sungmin,

      I became a guarantor for a friend and he failed to repay and now the creditors were coming after me. I had to leave home for a period of time. This house would be taken over by the bank and so you just go to stay at Grandpa's house for the time being!

                                       With Love from Dad

Ahhh.... Grandpa? I only saw him once or twice when I was little. Grandpa was kind and had a warm smile on his face but he had passed away a long time ago. Dad said that Grandpa was weird, a loner and he lived alone in a forest in the hill. Hence, I did not get to see Grandpa a lot.

Can one still live in that house?

Evil Dad, Heartless Dad. You said you love me but you abandoned me. I do not know which relatives that I could turn to. Dad, you should have taken me with you when you ran away!

I am left with no choice. Thinking of this, I stood up and started to pack some clothings, taking the map that Dad left me; I embarked on my journey to find Grandpa's house.....

Finally, I reached the foot of the hill and luckily, there were some residents living there. I went up to an elderly lady who looked approachable and asked for direction.

"Excuse me, grandma. Which way can I go up the hill?"

The elderly lady was shocked," Dear, you want to go up the hill? There was something... er unclean there.... It's better that you do not go there."

Unclean ? Huh?

"Grandma, none of you here go up the hill?" I found it strange.

"Yes."

Although the nice old lady warned me in a serious tone, I am living in the 21st century! I did not believe in what she said and I insisted to go up the hill.

It was confusing for me because the route up was rugged and it was full of dense undergrowth and thick tree foliage. Everywhere looked the same to me. I stared blankly at Dad's map and I wanted to pull my hair.

Can anyone help me?

I sighed and kept walking on till I heard sound of running water. I prickled my ears and followed the sound.

Wow, it was the first time that I saw such crystal clear stream and I could see the pebbles on the stream bed and the little fishes swimming in it.

The sunlight shone on the surface of the stream and golden rays were reflected. Greeneries and flowers was all around the stream and I relaxed myself in the tranquil ambience.

I was exhausted and hot so I sat unceremoniously on my , by the stream. I started to daydream: Where was Grandpa's house? On my way up, I did not see any building at all.....

My thoughts drifted to my current situation. If I still could not find Grandpa's house, I think I had to give up and survive on my own. I saved some money from my part time job plus some bit of money that Dad had left me. I could still survive for a while but not for very long.

I stood up and decided to continue on my search for Grandpa's house.

A gentle breeze fluttered my skirt and it felt like Grandpa... I turned around but I saw nothing in the grass field.

"She discover us, I think."

"Sshhh, be quiet...."

I scanned my surroundings which consisted of only trees and undergrowth. But what was the voices that I heard? Am I hallucinating? I did not see anything and could it be....

No! Lee Sungmin, don't be stupid! It was broad daylight now. "Keke." I chuckled at looked up at the sun and then I black out....

Initially, I felt very uncomfortable but slowly, I felt cooler...

"Hyung, is it alright to bring a human here?"

"It's alright. I can erase her memories subsequently."

"But...."

I heard voices talking and I struggled to open my eyes. The first thing that came to my view was the old, classic finishing. I looked down and saw a few paintings on the wall. There was a large bookshelf and a small wooden side table. All was unfamiliar to me and I regained my senses immediately.

I saw a blond handsome young man. He wore a light blue shirt and he sat by my side. When he saw that I was awake, he gave me his charming, dimpled smile. I did not react because I saw a cute little boy next to him. The boy had brown messy hair, big and brilliant eyes, looking chubby and I felt like squashing him...

"You are..."

"Hi, I am Leteuk." The blond man spoke. He was so handsome and he seemed to emitted golden lights. His attire was causal but it was very apt on him.

I did not go drooling at him, no squealing like a crazy fan girl. I spoke softly," My name is Lee Sungmin."

"Lee Sungmin?" There was slight atonishement flashing in his eyes but he composed himself. The blond looked at the little boy next to me and looked at me again," Sungmin shi... What are you doing here in the hills?"

The hills? Right? Where am I?

"Er, is there any house near here? I am looking for my Grandpa's house." I asked timidly.

"What did you intend to do if you find your Grandpa's house?" The blond man asked me.

"My Dad was running away from his creditors and abandon me. The house that I used to stay would be taken over by the bank. I am homeless now...." Without knowing, I blurted out to him, hoping him to give me some help.

The blond tapped his chin and started thinking after I finished.

"Leteuk, why is there human smell here? Did you bring a human back?" I heard footstep and I saw a group of males in front of me and I shivered slightly.

Green, Red, Blue, Silver, the colour of their iris and hair were so odd. And they did not look human to me. They had some totem drawing on their arms. I did not quite understand but I recalled what the old lady at the foot of the hill, told me. I think I know something.

Holy crap, I think I landed in a weird place. Please let me faint again.

"Yeah, it's really a human!" The boy with short silver hair exclaimed.

"So... Who are you guys?" I was frozen.

"We are Demons! Can I eat her huh?" A voice rang from behind and I felt scared.

I turned around carefully and a green haired guy, looking very amused at me.

"Ahhhh." I screamed," Just what the hell is this place?"

"Stop screaming else he will eat you up." The silver hair guy spoke and pointed at the green haired fella.

"She is the granddaughter of Master. She is homeless and she will be staying here." This time, the blond guy -Leteuk (I think) voiced out and it was pure silence.

I gasped. Did he mean that this was the place that I am looking for! Grandpa's house? Ah, please let me die.

I jumped up and ran towards the door. " I think I recall that I could stay with my friend temporarily. Sorry for disturbing... Goodbye. I mean it better that we do not meet again."

'Bong.'

I hit my head on the door and I was losing my balance....

The silver haired guy suddenly was holding into me and stared straight into my eyes.

"I am so sorry." I wanted to get out of here.

Out of a sudden, shadows flashed past me and they stood in front of me. "You all want to devour me? There are so many of you and I don't think each of you can get much of me. So please have mercy on me and let me off." I was pleading with them.

"Yesung and Eunhyuk, see what you two had done! You two scared her. No matter what she is still our young master." Leteuk walked over gracefully.

"You are Master's grand daughter, you can stay here. We wouldn't eat you..." The green haired guy walked to my side and patted my shoulder.

"No thanks...." I believed that my face looked very horrible.

"Don't worry, young master, we will take good care of you." I looked at the one who spoke and he or she looked so ravishing.

"I....." I was stammering.

"Go! If you are scared of here." A cold voice was heard. He was sitting quietly by the window and his eyes looked like Satan and his aura reminded me of God of Death.

If I could describe his appearance, I would say he would be black crystal. When I met his gaze, I felt his coldness as if I am suffocated by his icy coldness but he was very attractive.

Leteuk was glaring like the sun and he was colder than the night.

"Kyuhyun, how can you say that.... Master doted on young master. It was because we hardly see her and so please mind your manners." Leteuk scolded that guy by the window.

Who was that mysterious guy? Grandpa, I believed you would not live with evil people or I meant Demons.

I bowed and whispered," Please take take of me." I really have no place to go and the skies was getting dark. It was slightly better to stay here than in the forest or in the street.

"I am Heechul. Follow me." I could not believe that he was a guy as he looked femine and y too. Well the way that this Heechul guy sashay his way upstairs.

I was brought into a room with simple design but a big bed in the middle. "Young master, this will be your room. You can call me for anything."

I nodded. I sat in my room and tried to think what I had been through for the day.

"Young master,  hyung want me to inform you to go down for dinner." A cute little boy was peeping into my room.

I went to the door and crouched down to his height," what is your name?"

"Ryeowook but the hyungs call me Wookie." He replied shyly. Thereat, two fluffy ears appeared in his brown hair. I blinked my eyes repeatedly.

Ryeowook quickly covered his ears with his hands," Please proceed to the dining room." With that Ryeowook ran off and his tail dangled from his shorts.

Wow he was so cute and I wanted to cuddle and hug him....

I came to the dining room and saw that the 9 of them were seated at the dining table. When I stepped towards them, all heads turned and looked at me. You can imagine the horror I had by facing all the 9 Demons....

I mustered up my courage and sat at an empty seat. I felt that I was sitting on needles and it was very uncomfortable for me. How do you feel when 9 pairs of weird coloured eyes were staring at you.

"Are you Master's grand daughter? How come I do not sense any spiritual power in you?" The blue haired guy spoke and his tone was so hostile.

"She should be because Master's grand daughter is called Lee Sungmin." Leteuk spoke.

"She looks pretty..." A cool guy cooed at me.

"Hey, Mind your manner. Master will haunt you from his grave." The seriousness in Leteuk's tone made him shut his mouth.

I took a deep breathe and stood up," I am Lee Sungmin, 17 years old. My grandfather is Lee Sooman. My father ran into some trouble and I had no where to go. I will leave here once I graduated from High school and so for the time being, please bear with me being here."

They looked at with a strange look and exchanged glanced with one another. I continued talking as if I am giving a speech which I had stage fright of.

"But if my stay here caused any inconvenience, I can leave once the school term starts because there are dormitory in my school." Well, staying here or leaving made not much difference to me.

"We do not have any intention to ask you to leave. This house belonged to Master and so it belongs to you too. Master instructed us before he died that we are to take care of you should you ever stay here." The silver haired guy, Eunhyuk, spoke calmly. He looked at me with a worried expression," But we are all Demons and we had to morphed into our real form once a month. Do you still want to live here? We can leave and the whole house to you because you seemed frightened now."

"Where will you all live if you let me have this house?"

"We can go back to the Monster street in the Demonic realm."

Monster street? Demonic realm? All this were beyond my understanding...

"Why don't we let the situation remain status quo. As for what I just learnt, I think I will get used to it if I seen more... Give me some time to adjust to it?" I coughed a bit a and looked earnestly at all of them. I could not drive them away right? Plus, it would be lonely and eerie staying in this big house all by myself up in the hill.

"You are indeed Master's grand daughter. You are very kind." A red haired guy smiled charmingly at me," I am Siwon..."

"I am Kangin. I will make it clear to you that don't expect me to treat you as young master!" The blue haired guy rolled his eyes.

"Donghae." So he was the cool guy earlier.

Leteuk, Ryeowook, Eunhyuk, Yesung, Heechul.... They gave a brief self introduction and I had more or less know their names except for a guy, who remained silent all this while and he did not seem that he wanted to speak at all.

"He is Kyuhyun and he was ever an invincible demon at a point in time. I suggest that you do not incur his wrath." Leteuk grinned while talking.

Without Leteuk saying all that, I had made up my mind to stay far away from that Kyuhyun guy because I treasured my life very much; thank you.

"Er Leteuk, you are quite powerful yourself. Am I right?"

"Wow, how do you know?"

"I can see that! Because you smiled all the time and was very calm and authoritative..."

"I guess you are correct..." Leteuk maintain his dimpled smile.

"Young master, did I scare you earlier?" Wookie asked while playing with the helm of his T-shirt.

"Of course not, you are so cute. I wanted to hug and cuddle you to sleep at night." I ruffled his soft hair and smiled.

Wookie looked at me with his large innocent eyes, and slowly tears started flowing out....

"Hicups." Wookie wailed and he ran off and I was left stunned. I looked at Leteuk and the rest, with the 'have-I-done-anything-wrong' look.

"To a demon, what you said earlier was an insult." Leteuk smiled while explaining why Wookie was crying. He consoled me," Come sit down and eat. Wookie was used to all this..."

Looking at the dishes on the table, a thought flashed through my mind: all these food could not be flesh of animals or Human! But Demon devour human....

"Ate the food not to your liking?" Heechul asked me, seeing that I did not pick up my chopsticks.

"I prefer vegetables...." I decided to become a vegetarian till I know what those food originated from.

"Vegetables is so not nutrition." Leteuk was alarmed. He quickly picked some meat into my bowl. I had an urge to ask him what meat was these but I might sound rude. Worst still if I incur their wrath....

With all their eyes on me, I had no choice but to force myself to eat my dinner.

*********

I managed to settle down nicely here and wondered how Dad was. I had stayed here for a few days and I did not need to lift a finger because there would be someone who attended to me. So Grandpa was leading a good life here.

Grandpa's house was indeed huge and the house was built around a garden in the centre like the traditional style. Now I am sitting underneath the tree in the garden and I was spacing out.

Why was there Demons staying here? What have you doing Grandpa? I was very curious but I did not have the courage to seek for the answers.

"Oh young master, aren't you bored by copping inside the house all day long?"

I looked up and saw that it was Yesung. Except for Wookie, I still could not be at ease when I was around them. However, I could carry a normal conversation with them.

"Oh. I had nothing to do even if I go out of the house." I lied. In fact, I did not left the house after I came here because I was scared of the unknown outside this house.

"Let go hunting for food." Yesung tugged at my arm excitedly.

"Huh? Hunting for food. I hope not hunting humans." So it was the first time that I left the house.

When I stepped out, I saw the stream which I had seen previously. I looked back bit and I saw nothing! How could this be? Clearly, I came out of the house but why was it gone? Am I hallucinating? Or am I ....

"Young master, don't worry. There is a barrier around the house because we do not wish the other people to see..." Yesung explained to me.

"I know Leteuk guard the house but where did the other do in the daytime?"

"Hunting for food. Else what will you get for your meals?" Yesung gave me a 'are-you-so-dumb' expression. I felt my heart stopped beating because I did not know what thing I ate for the past few days!

I followed Yesung towards the forest and there was a movement in the dense undergrowth. "Young master, wait here." Yesung immediately ran off.

I believe that it was not human.... I hope I am being too paranoid but I just could help for my mind to run wild....

I looked for a place to sit before I heard a hissing sound at my feet. Oh my god, I saw a snake as thick as my arm, crawling at my feet.

"Ahhhhh!" My high pitched scream echoed through the hill.

A hand shot out and grabbed at the snake head. With a flick, the snake coiled itself on the hand. A slight scratch with the fingernail, the gallbladder was squashed out from the body and he brought it to his mouth.

I saw the whole ordeal and it was startling for me....

He was tall and I had to cram my neck up to he able to see his fsce. Sharp nose and thick eye brows and handsome features. At this moment, he was looking at me with a beast like expression and I was too shocked to avert the gaze.

He wore a short sleeves top and on his arms was a black totem and a black gem hung from his neck.

"Kyuhun looked dashing and I appeared so small in front of him.

"Why are you here?" His voice was low but y.

"Yesung brought me here. He went hunting for food. Thank you for helping me." I bowed.

Kyuhyun looked around but there was no one. After a while....

"Follow me." He blurted out 2 words and took off.

Thought I did not want to follow him, he save me and I could not create problem for him. I had no choice but to comply.

We came to a large clearing and I saw vegetables plantation... And watermelon? Did they plant these? I looked at the round watermelon and I felt hungry.

"You want to eat?" Kyuhyun's cold gaze was in me.

I nodded and I dared not lie to him.

Kyuhyun walked over and bent down, giving me a big watermelon. "Eat." He commanded.

"Er..." I hesitated as to how to address him? By his name? But he looked much older than me and it would be rude to call his name. Uncle? I think I would be beaten up by him.

"Lord Kyuhyun.... "