Chapter 12

My Immortal-Completed
Saturday came and Nana was nervous and jittery the whole day.She can't concentrate on anything.She did not go to Wang mansion today,but stayed home the whole day.Dadong is picking her up soon and he will be bringing him to his home.

Nana never told her Mom about Dadong's marriage proposal for she knows that she will be against it and she will never believe her.Maybe when all is well tonight,after Dadong have introduced her to his parents then she will eventually tell her parents.

So many things filled her thoughts,Dadong,her family and the fact that she missed her last period,brought so many images in her mind.What if she is pregnant? and if Dadong's parents do not agree with the marriage.And Dadong is set to go back to the States in a week time.She was so confused and doesn't know what to do.She took a deep breathe and said a heartfelt prayer.

She looked at the clock and it is almost time to get ready for the night.Slowly she got up and and went to take a shower.The dress that she is going to wear hang in the closet.It is a beautiful dress.Dadong insisted in buying her a dress for the night.It was pink printed dress with a flowing skirt and off shoulder tops.He also bought her a sandals to go with it.it is obvious that he is anxious about tonight and he made sure that she looked right for tonight.

She took a shower and looked at herself in the mirror.She did not find any extraordinary in herself,that will make Dadong fall for her.She brushed her long black hair until it shines.She put on the dress as the skirt flirted on her nice shapely legs.She dabbed a lipstick on her lips and she is all set to go.Her eyes shine and sparkle,her face smooth and flawless and her cheeks pink from excitement.

She put on her sandals as her Dad got up from bed and saw her.

"Is your Mom home yet?" he asked,and noted that Selina is all dressed up and ready to go."And where do you think you are going dressed up like that?"

"I have to go to a friends party.She let me borrow her clothes for the party tonight." Nana said,and but her lips knowing that she is lying to her Dad.

His heart was touched,he just realized that his firstborn is all grown up now.She have been saddled with responsibilities at an early age because he have been sick lately.He wished he can give all his children the things that they need and want.A tear moist his eyes.

"Alright run along now and enjoy yourself.You sure look beautiful tonight and I think whoever is the guy ,will have a hard time to refuse you." as he smiled at her.

Nana came forward to her Dad and kiss his cheeks."Thanks Dad.Can you just tell Mom,that I left." Nana said.

He nodded his head and watched his firstborn leave,he have done something good after all,he thought.

Dadong was waiting in the corner when Nana walked in.He took her hand and looked at her.She looked beautiful as he gave her a kiss on the cheeks.

"You looked beautiful.That dress really good on you." Dadong said."Come on everybody at home is waiting for you." as he took her hand and led her to his car.

The trip to the Wang mansion is too short for Selina.They were there before she knew it.Her heart was beating faster,her hands sweaty.Dadong touched her hands before going in.

"Just remember,I love you,and nothing can change that." Dadong said.Selina closed her eyes and nodded her head as she took a deep breathe before going in.

The house was brightly lighted,as if waiting for a very important guest for the night.Dadong took her hand and lead her in side the house,although Nana knew all the nooks and cranny of the mansion.

The first one that they meet was Chun and Charlene.They both smiled at her.

"Nana,my brother Chun and his fiancee Charlene." Dadong said."They are getting married next month."

"Hello Nana,so I finally meet you face to face." Chun said.
"Come on in Mom is waiting inside."

"Hello Nana nice to meet you." Charlene said as she smiled at her.

They went inside the receiving room and Mrs Wang was seating on the chair and she got up when she saw that they are coming.

"Come on in.Dadong why don't you bring her closer?" she said.

Dadong took Selina's hand and lead her to his Mom.Mrs Wang was surprised when she saw who the girl is,but she quickly hide it.She felt uncomfortable when she recognized her.

"Mom,you should know her,Nana,the girl that I am going to marry." Dadong said with a smile in his face.

His mom swallowed hard.She almost lost her composure.Nana one of their servant is the girl that her son wants to marry.Emotions started to build up,as she forced a smile on her face.

"How are you Nana?This is quite a surprise.I didn't even know that you are seeing my son." Mrs Wang said.Her face is pale but Mrs Wang stood tall.They were taught at a young age how to stand with dignity even your own emotions are in turmoil."Your Dad is not home yet.He have some business to attend but he will be here soon.Why don't we have a drink first.I could use one for now."

Chun came and handed his Mom a drink as he looked at Dadong and Nana.The maid came forward and brought a tray of drinks as they all seated around in the receiving room.Everything is so quiet and still.Nobody is brave enough to start the conversation.And then the maid came and announced that the table is ready and just as that,Mr Wang arrived.

"I am sorry I was late,let me washed up first." he said as he looked at them and went straight up to their bedroom.

"Excuse me,I have to do my wifely duty,why don't you go ahead and we will be following you." Mrs Wang said as she followed her husband to the bedroom.

Mrs Wang found her husband in the bathroom."What happen to you ,you looked so pale.And who is the girl that your youngest son took fancy with?" he asked."She looked beautiful,from the glimpse that I have,but I don't think I know her."

"Honey,you might have seen her before.She is Nana,the daughter of Mr and Mrs Ren." Mrs Wang said.She doesn't know whether to tell her that she is one of the hired help.But she knew that her husband will eventually find out.

"I don't think that name ring a bell." he said."What business are they in?"

"Nana is the daughter of one of our maid here in the mansion." she said.

"What the heck is he thinking?Your son has given me enough grief that could last a lifetime and if that is enough,he have to add some more.There is no way that I would let that girl marry my son.I worked hard this much for them,only to marry a servant.What is he crazy?" his voice loud and angry now.

"You better tell your son that I will never give them the blessing.he will never marry that girl,over my dead body."
Mr Wang said.

"You have to calm down.Don't forget your health.They are not getting married yet.She is being introduce and if ever,they plan to get married,it is not until next year,then maybe he will eventually forget her.He have to go back to the States anyway in a week time." she said.

"Alright,but there is no way that I will agree to their marriage." he said."Tell them that I am not feeling well and I have to rest.Just make an excuse for me.I don't want to see that girl." he said.

Mrs Wang nodded,as she walked back to the young couples.They have their dinner but everything is quiet and strained.Only Dadong and Chun tried to make a conversation.It was finally a relief when dinner was over and they have to move to the living room where the coffee and tea and dessert was served.

Mrs Wang has been observing Selina and her heart went to her when she noticed how nervous and how uncomfortable she was.She can see by the way that her son and Nana looks that they really cared about each other.Something that she have never seen in her son before.

"Nana,can I talk to you for a while." she said."Come here " as she stretched her hand to her for Nana to come over.

"I am just curious,I have never seen you together in the house,so how did you met?" she asked.

"I met him last year at the party and we have been seeing each other after that." Nana said.

"So you have been going out with my son for more than a year now? I am surprised,from what I have known of my son,nothing lasted for a mere month."she said."So he must have fallen for you big time." as she smiled.

"Dadong is the youngest and the most stubborn,and at this time you should know it by now.But you know that he still have a year for his studies,and he is set to leave in a week time.He will just come back for Chun and Charlene's wedding." Mrs Wang said.

"You are not in a hurry to get married are you?" she asked.

Nana shook her head."No we don't have any plans yet." she said shyly.

"Good,you are still young.I believe you just finished high school?" she said.

Selina nodded her head.

"I have to talk to your Mom about sending you to college." she said."I am sorry that Mr Wang was not able to join us.Maybe next time." she said."And if you excused me,I just want to check up on him." as she got up and leave.

Dadong came over to her and took her hand."So how was it?" he asked.

"It is alright.your Mom is very nice,but i don't think she really likes me for you." Nana said.

"Don't worry,she was just surprised,she will eventually accept you,as time goes by." he said.

"And your Dad?" Nana asked.

"He just have to learn to accept you." Dadong said."Come on let us said good night to Chun and Charlene and I have a big surprise for you." as they got up and went to Chun and Charlene.

That night,Dadong took Nana to the beach house,where they usually meet and where they usually spend some time together and make love.Nana was surprised to see the beach house decorated with petals and flowers,and candles can be seen from a far,as Dadong scooped Nana in his arms as he brought her fold to the threshold.

They kissed and hugged and made love that night.As they promised and made their vow,that they will love only each other forever.Both of them cried as they made their vow.As they lay in the bed,and both of them embraced each other.

Dadong took out a box later on and gave it to Nana,and as she opened the box,the diamond ring glimmers through the faint lights of the candles.Selina tears ran thru in her face.She was never been this happy in her life,as Dadong took the ring from the box and slid the ring to her finger,with a promise that she will be the only girl that he will ever love in his lifetime.Selina promised the same that Dadong will be the only man she will ever love.....

The moon casted a shadow to the young lover....Their angels are watching them that night....wishing that the night will never end...