From Past To Present

My Immortal-Completed
It was the midweek chaos in the office,as Selina looked at the file in front of her.She barely have anything time left for lunch,for she have a lot of pressing things to do.They were asking her for a financial summaries for the first quarter of the year, to be presented to the quarterly board meeting and she have been very busy checking that each figures is right.

She looked at the clock and it is almost three oclock.So much for lunch now,as she can feel her stomach growling.Aside from the coffee this morning,she have taken none the whole day.As she was bent down on her books,she heard a knock on her door,as she lifted her face from the books in front of her,and she was surprised to see Jiro in front of her.

With a frown on her forehead and thoughts on her books,Selina asked him"What are you doing here?"

"I guess I have caught you in a bad time.I should have called first,but then I will lose the chance of seeing you in person." Jiro said."I was hoping I can take you out here,from all theses chaos,for a quick lunch." as he smiled at her and walked in her office,as he sat in front of her.

Selina looked at him,the frown on her face disappearing.There was something in his smile that thaws and melts whatever irritation or annoyance she have earlier.

"Actually I am really really hungry,but I don't have time right now." Selina said with a sigh.

"You think you will be able to work with an empty stomach.I can even hear your stomach growling already." as he have this funny grin on his face.

Selina smiled,"No you don't,you are just teasing me."

"I am telling you the truth,you'll work better if your stomach is happy and contented."Jiro said."Come on have pity on me ,and have lunch with me."

Selina took a deep breathe and think,what could possibly happen,she may need to stay longer later to finish the job.
And yes her stomach is starting to bother her a lot.

"Alright you win,but it has to be quick.I really don't have time."Selina said.

"I'll take whatever time you can spare with me." Jiro said.

Selina got up and took her bag and put it on her shoulder."Where are you taking me?" she asked.

"Something quick and fun." Jiro said with a smile.

Jiro took Selina to a park,and Selina thought that Jiro is taking her to that famous restaurant on the middle of the park,but she was surprised when he stopped by a hotdog stand and bought two hotdogs for both of them and a soda.She could not speak,and she was disappointed.But then Selina just kept quiet as she took time to add the condiments that she wants on her hotdog,as Jiro looked at her and laughed.

She added everything on her hotdog and as she took her first bite,Jiro stared at her,like really seeing her for the first time.

He lead her to a bench overlooking the playground and the garden,as they sat down.There were children playing in the ground,some are playing football,some are just running in circles.There were little kids on the swing and some are on the slides,laughing and making funny sounds.

The garden across are in full bloom.The dogwood are pretty much in bloom this season,the gardenia in different colors,the roses some big and some small all the colors stood up against the green colors of the leaves.

Selina was surprised that she did enjoyed her lunch,as she her fingers with the remaining Ketchup and mustard on her fingers.She must be hungry,she told herself or it must be the company or it can be both,but it is the best lunch she have ever had in a long time.It sure beats the best restaurant around town.

"Thanks for the lunch,I never have hotdog in a long time and this one is really good." Selina said.

"I'm glad you like it.I thought for a while that you are disappointed,when I took you here." Jiro said."I love hotdog,it sort of reminds me of home,sitting on the park and eating hotdog under the sun."

"I did not expect this,but then I am glad you took me here instead,." Selina said."I thought I won't see you till the weekend."

"Yeah,I kinda busy too,but I can't wait for the weekend anymore to see you." Jiro said."I am glad that I took my chance today,I guess I'll never know unless I tried."

"I am afraid,I don't always follow that and sort of don't believe on that." Selina said.

"So you just accept whatever is on your lap,is that it Selina?" Jiro asked."One cannot live in fear for something that is not there.One have to take the chance always."

"I guess I am coward,I hate taking chances,I always lose out and I have been disappointed and hurt too many times already" Selina said.

"I see." that's all that Jiro said,as he stood up."I think I better take you back,I don't want you to lose your job because of me." he said.

"Thanks for the lunch." Selina said.

"You are welcome.I'll see you on Saturday,I'll pick you up at home." Jiro said.Selina nodded and with that Jiro was gone.Somehow Selina's mind was filled with Jiro throughout the remaining of the day.Should she take this chance with him? Selina asked herself....he have not said anything yet,her answer won't matter now...for he have not said or do anything that will say otherwise.

The lady is in the house,as she stood by the window,waiting for Selina.She have followed her home from the beach,after the man that looked like Dadong dropped her off here.She wants to go with him,but something stopped her.She knew that he will come back for her.Their lives are intertwined together ,like Nana and Dadong's life are intertwined forever....life after life...they belong together...