A Year After

My Immortal-Completed
The moon cast a pale shadow from the window in the small cottage by the beach.The waves roars as it splashed on the rocky parts of the shore.The cool breeze enter through the open window,as Nana stir and felt Dadong arms around her.

She stared at his face,his eyes closed,breathing steady and in rhythm,he is obviously sleeping.He is sleeping like a baby as she touched his face,her feelings for him overflowed,as tears mist her eyes.

It has been a year now and yet their love for each other never waver.They have been separated for almost a year,as Dadong went back to the States to study and she was left behind.She have just finished high school,and she doesn't know if she can pursue her college education yet.Her Dad has been getting sicker and sicker everyday,and has been unable to work at all lately,it is a good thing that her Grandma has been helping them out lately.But she is also old and she can only help as much as she wants to.Things has been getting tougher at home financially. With her brother Joe and her sister Jolin who barely have anything,yes it has been a struggle lately.

Dadong is her only saving grace for now.he is the only one that makes her smile and make her happy.She hoped that his love and interest will never change.She heard stories about him and his conquest and how he never stayed with one girl for a long time.They have made it in a year.Can they still make it for more years or a lifetime down the line? She closed her eyes as she made a prayer in her heart,to have him love her for a lifetime and beyond,as tears flows.

Jiro stirred as Nana hurriedly wiped away the tears in her face,less Dadong will see it,as she force a smile in her face.

Dadong smiled at her as he opened his eyes."What have you been doing while I am sleeping?"

"Nothing,I fell asleep myself." Nana said."We should go back now or my Mom will be wondering where I am."

"I want to talk to you about something.I have been thinking,I have only a year left for my studies and after that I am thinking how about.....marriage and family...and I..will you marry me Nana? I want to spend the rest of my life with you.Will you marry me?" Dadong asked his eyes on her pleading as if she will say no....

Nana was unable to hold her tears as she smiled and cried at the same time."Oh Dadong...yes I will marry you." as they embraced each other.

"I love you Nana,I love you very much." Dadong said as he kissed Nana on the lips.They only stopped when they were out of breath as both of them laughed.

"I want to introduce you to my parents.I want them to know that you are the girl that I am going to marry." Dadong said.

"But what would they think,you marrying a mere servant in your household." Nana said.

"You are not a mere servant,you are the girl I love Nana and the girl that is going to be my wife, always remember that." Dadong said.

"What if they don't approve of you marrying me?" Nana asked.

"They can't stop me.They have never stop me before in doing the things that I want to do.The more they can never stop me now.I love you and you are the girl that I am going to marry and that is final." he said.

Nana was quiet as she bit her lips and forced a smile,but the fear in her heart won't go away.Meeting Dadong's parents will be the hardest ordeal,she have to face in her life.

The next day,Dadong woke up in the morning with a smile in his face.His Mom was surprised to see him up so early and with a happy mood.

"Good Morning Mom." he greeted her warmly as he kissed her cheeks.

"You seem to have waken up today on the right side of bed.I wonder who gave you that smile on your face." his Mom said.

"Yes,that is what I want to talk about you this morning.Mom I have found my Princess and I want you to meet her." Dadong said proudly.

"Are you sure?" her Mom asked."Is she somebody I know?"

"Yes,but I am not telling now.I want to introduce her to the family,how about a dinner this Saturday and I will bring her over." Dadong said.

"Uhmmm sounds good to me." his Mom said,and as his Dad was coming over and overheard what he was saying...

"What is this I am hearing?" his Dad said.

"Good morning Dad." Dadong greeted his Old Man and then Chun came after that.

"Yes what's going on?" Chun asked as he sat on the chair.

"Dadong want to introduce his girlfriend to us...I might say he sound serious." her Mom said teasing her youngest.

Chun looked at Dadong in surprise and gave him a concern look."Are you sure about this?" he asked."Did you tell Mom who is the girl ?"

Dadong nodded his head with a smile in his face."Yes I am very sure and I intend to marry her soon." he said."And no I haven't told Mom who is the girl,I want to surprise her on Saturday,and you can invite Charlene so we can have a big family dinner."

Chun eyed him suspiciously as he nodded his head.He needs to talk to his younger brother about this before Saturday.