Hanging Out with the 'Ex-Kingkas'

"Will I Ever Move On?"

“What is he/she doing here?!” we said while looking at the trio, they just looked down “Well, I invited you” Minho pointed at me “and we invited him” Jaejin and Mir said “Aish! This is nonsense! I’m going home” he said but before he could walk away Minho said to him “Jong just stay and hang out with us, it’s been a long time since our group are together” he stared at Jonghyun with his big eyes. “But why does she have to be here?” he said pointing at me “Well she’s our friend” Minho said carefully “Oh Come On! Will it hurt you if we’re here?  Besides we’re here to have fun with or without you!” Hyunjoong said “Alright!” Jonghyun said and walked ahead before us “Grumpy much!” Mir said and I just stayed quiet cause I don’t want to make him angrier.

“Haejung-ah, will you be alright?” Hyunjoong asked me well whispered actually. “I’m alright besides, I have you don’t I?” I assured him hiding the sadness in my voice. We walked together with Minho and Hyunjoong beside me; Mir and Jaejin in front of us while Jonghyun alone walking by himself. “Haejung, don’t let him bother you okay. Well you know him” Minho said and I just smile bitterly. “Hey, where are we going?” I asked them “The mall” Jaejin said, not looking back “Ouh” I said and continued to talk with Hyunjoong “Hey! Won’t Sooyoung be jealous if she knew that we’re hanging out without her?” I said to Hyunjoong cause I was afraid that Sooyoung would go into isolation from the both of us if she knew “Well let’s just keep this a secret, she wouldn’t do that, she can’t live without us.” he said while we just giggled imagining how Sooyoung could live without the both of us

During the whole walk I was mostly silent while staring at my best friend or ex-best friend. Hyunjoong noticed this and was just trying to start a conversation and Minho always tried to make the mood happier. “Minho, when are we arriving at the mall?” Jonghyun asked coldly. “In a minute” He said and just looked at me with sorrow eyes “Hyunjoong, I think we should call Sooyoung” I whispered to him “Nah! She’ll just explode if she knew He’s here” and he was probably right because Sooyoung never liked him and started to hate him after what he did “You’re probably right” I said and closed my phone. “We’re here at last!” Mir said while jumping up and down. “Hey, calm down. You’ll hurt yourself” I said to him while Minho holds him to the ground. “What should we do now” Jonghyun said while looking at the entrance “I’m hungry, let’s eat first” Jaejin said while rubbing his tummy.

We went into a fast-food restaurant after Jaejin and Mir debated for a long time. “Haejung, what do you want? I’ll buy it for you.” Hyunjoong said “Anything’s fine” I said because I wasn’t fond of eating fast-food actually, he nodded and walked away with the others leaving me alone. After all this time, I didn’t know that he was still like that. I leaned my head at the chair and stared to the ceiling. All the memories of the past came to me. My eyes started to get teary, a teardrop fell but I quickly wiped it away when I heard voices coming towards the table. “Here you go!” Hyunjoong placed a burger and soda in front of me and I just mouthed him thank you.

While we were eating, Jonghyun sat opposite of me while Hyunjoong sat beside me; the table was so loud with the boys fooling around and all. I tried to be normal but I couldn’t, I was the quiet and just stared at my food just eating a little. Hyunjoong just stared at me. “Excuse me” I said while walking away from the table, I went to the restroom and washed my face “It’s alright, just be yourself” I said to myself and walked towards them with a smile. All of them except Jonghyun looked at me weirdly “Haejung, are you okay? Do you have a fever?” they said and I just laughed “Nope, I’m fine” I said and just finished my drink and not my food.  “Are you done?” Jonghyun said in a cold voice and I just nodded. “Let’s go then” he said and the others just followed with me and Hyunjoong at the back. We went to shop well actually Jonghyun, Minho, Jaejin and Mir did but Hyunjoong and me just went to the bookstore and bought some new reading books.

I also followed them to the arcade, but I did nothing because I wasn’t in the mood. At last, evening came; we went back to the park and said our goodbyes, leaving me and Jonghyun alone because we lived near to each other. On the way home, it was too quiet and I felt a bad aura from Jonghyun which was scary. When we reached my house just said goodbye and went in my house, from my window, I just looked at him going away until my brother asked at me what I was looking at. I went to my room and just cried my heart out. It was still so painful seeing him again, so cold towards me. That night, I cried myself to sleep.