When Best Friends Meet -Part 1-

"Will I Ever Move On?"

`

I woke up feeling a bit dizzy, so I stayed in bed for a while so that my dizziness will go away. I was about to take my phone when someone knocked on my door “Haejung! Wake up and come down! We’re having breakfast together.” It was my dad, ‘that’s strange!’ and it is because we rarely eat together because I always stay in my room when I’m at home. I stood up and started to walk to the bathroom.

After I finished dressing, I decided to call my BFF’s “Hello, this is Kim Hyunjoong speaking.”

“Hey, bestie! Why so formal?” I started to

“Oh, Haejung-ah! I-I was about to wake up! Thanks for waking me”

“Sure thing! Hey, Can we have a meeting at your house today? I’m lonely”

“Sure! You or me?”

“ Huh?” I was confused as he didn’t tell me with detailed information.

“Hm~ Who’s gonna call Sooyoung?” he sighed

“Ouh! Me of course!” I said

“What time are you guys gonna come?” he asked, maybe he’s busy

“11? Depends actually... I’ll call you when we’re on the way to your house” I said

“kay! I’m gonna hang up now”

And with that I closed my door and started to walk down the stairs. What are they planning? It’s not anyone’s birthday nor is it an important day. Huh~ I don’t care. When I arrived on the bottom of the stairs I saw my living room decorated in varieties of different flowers. There were roses, orchids, hibiscus and some of them that I don’t know what their names are. “Wow! THIS is definitely weird” I said with my mouth wide open.

“NOONA!” I heard my brothers Hyunki, Dongmin, Kwangsun and Hyunsu called me “....and my day begins” I walked towards the dining table and saw so many food there “Omma? What day is today!” she just smiled I sat beside my brother Dongmin. Ha just smile at me. ‘Yep today’s so weird!’ I pinched my cheeks thinking that maybe this is a dream but it actually hurts “No Way” I blurted “What is it honey?” my mom asked “Nothing omma.” I replied.

 

We said our prayers and started to eat. My family was talking to each other while on the other hand I just kept quiet, I really didn’t like to talk to my parents as they like to tease at us siblings and they’re very and I mean VERY overprotective towards us. I finished my breakfast and washed my plated. I went to the dining table again and asked my dad if I can hang out with my friends today and luckily the agreed.

*Text Massage*

Sooyoung! I’m coming to your house to pick you up. Don’t ask where we’re going, I’ll tell you when I arrive soon so get ready ASAP! I don’t want to stay long at your house

~Haejung~

*End of Text Massage*

I quickly packed my things and stuffed everything that I think is necessary. I took my wallet and phone and went downstairs to bid my family goodbye. “I’m leaving!” I told them “Okay” I locked the door and walking away from it. I went to the gate where my bicycle was located and took it. I started my journey as I cycled along the pathway which was connected to the main road. I was enjoying the breeze that was hitting my face gently. Suddenly I stopped in my tracks. I was shock at the sight that I was seeing that my body stopped operating like usual. There, in front of me stood a familiar figure talking on the phone. ‘He looked happy’ I thought, he was giggling on the phone with a huge smile plastered on his face. I felt my eyes getting warmer by the second. Suddenly, my phone rang... it was Sooyong

“Hey, where are you? I’ve been waiting for decades” she sounded kind of annoyed.

“OH! Sorry, I’m on my way” I said trying to sound okay. Before she could ask me, I hung up and continued my journey.

After a few minutes of cycling....fast, in about 10 minutes. I arrived at my first destination. “Hey! What took you soo long?” she asked, she was already waiting outside the gates wearing a purple knee length shirt and jeans. “Things” I simply said not wanting to give her any weird ideas “Things? What things? Were you stalking someone?” she said while getting on her bicycle. ‘Ouh-oh! I’m in trouble now’ I said, I quickly took off leaving her behind dumbfounded. “Yah! Wait up! Don’t leave me!” she said struggling to catch up with me. After some time she actually succeeded catching up with me but he was panting heavily “I said wait up!” she said with annoyance in her tone. “Mian” I said while holding my laughter....

During the whole journey it was quiet. Hyunjoong’s was further than our houses so we had to cycle longer than going to Sooyoung’s house. “Race Ya!” I shouted to her when we almost arrived at Hyunjoong’s house. I was confident that I would win but I was wrong. Dead wrong! When we were a few metres from his house, Sooyoung suddenly speed up with me behind her. I was about to catch up to her but it was too late.. She arrived within minutes before me. She jumped up and down with joy while I was trying so hard to catch my breath “Revenge is Sweet!” she said while smiling evilly at me. “Sooyoung-ah! Haejung-ah!” we heard a familiar voice calling out our names in surprise. We turned around and saw a happy 40 year old woman walking actually fast walking towards us. It was Hyunjoong’s Mom. She hugged the both of us tightly and we just hugged her back. She was like a second mother to us. Well our parents were very close so we are close too. “How are you both doing?” she asked but before we could reply “It’s been a long time since I last saw you two. You’re much taller than before and prettier.” She said looking at the both of us. We both giggled at the sight of our best friend, Hyunjoong. He was leaning at the front door with his arms folded across his chest and his face was red, deep red. ‘I guess he’s embarrassed’ Sooyoung whispered to me and I just nodded. He was just staring more like glaring at us. “Uh-oh” we said and looking at each other. “Where are my manners, Come inside!” his mom said while leading us to the living room and Hyunjoong walked with us a while later. “Mom, I’m gonna go to my room” he said making is way to the back and his mom just signalled us to follow him and we did.

We entered his room but he still didn’t realise our presence.......yet. “Omo! Your room is still the same as before.” Soyoung said looking at the ceiling while taking up the empty space on the bed. “But your reading and reference books have increased” I said, studying the new books that was on the shelf “Why are you guys here?” he said with an angry tone “nothing” Sooyoung said “Looking though your new books” I said while flipping the pages of a book that interested me. He just sighs heavily while sitting on the floor. I joined him a few minutes later followed by Sooyoung. I took my bag and placed it next to me. We made a circle on the floor. I took out the books that I brought and placed it in the centre.

“Aw~ why did you have to bring books!” Sooyoung and Hyunjoong said with disappointment on their faces. I knew they didn’t like to study like how much I did but I usually forced them to “Well, For Your Information.. Next year’s subjects will increase and that will be more difficult for us if we don’t study from now” I explained but they weren’t happy. “Can’t we have some fun for a change?” he asked while looking at the computer, he just wants to play games on the computer. “Can’t we eat first?” Sooyoung said while rubbing her tummy. I handed her a bag of chocolates that I packed from home. I just shook my head “We’ll just read the topics briefly and I’m here to help you guys” I said while opening a history book. I looked at my watch “We’ll study for an hour and a half. I started to teach them what we will learn in a month’s time.

“That’s it for today!” I said closing the book in front of me. Hyunjoong laid on his back and Sooyoung just rubbed her tummy. I just shook my head at my friend behaviour but although their weird but there priceless. “Kid’s lunch is ready!” Hyujoong mom said while smiling widely. We hurriedly clean our books and hurriedly went to the kitchen especially Sooyoung. “Yum~” Sooyoung said while rubbing her hands together. “Wow Mrs. Kim!! It looks so delicious” I said, there on the table, where all our favourite food “Of course! You all look so skinny these past few weeks especially you Haejung” she said and my two best friends just eyed me “Ouh~ I was I busy with school and everything that I barely had a proper meal.” I just replied while scratching the back of my neck “You should not over work your body! You know that it’s not good for your body and you should eat properly as you usually get gastric pain” she said while I faked a laughed “Okay”. We started filling up our plates and stomachs while chatting with each other.

After eating, we went back to Hyunjoong’s room and both of them just stared at me with curiosity in their eyes. “What?” I said loudly almost shouting, I felt uncomfortable with how they were staring at me. “You can fool my mother but you CANNOT fool me” Hyunjoong said while crossing his arms. “We know your hiding something. We know you and we could read you like a book” this time Sooyoung said while lifting one of her eyebrows. They were moving forwards while I was backing away when suddenly I was trapped in the corner of the room. “um..” I was so scared at their piercing glares towards me. “Talk” Hyunjoong said “......or we’ll make you talk” Sooyoung said “and it’s gonna be an ugly sight” they both said while I was just looking at them with a scared expression.  “Er......” I didn’t know what to do.. And I was trapped in a horrible situation.

........................................................

Hey. I’m back for a while! Sorry for the late update. I hope you enjoy reading this!